UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Blueticks > Monkey Face Bluetick History
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
John Vaught
UKC Forum Member

BTT

BTT

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-03-2006 12:15 PM
John Vaught is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Vaught Click here to Send John Vaught a Private Message Click Here to Email John Vaught Find more posts by John Vaught Add John Vaught to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Vaught
UKC Forum Member

the cross of suzy and chief

quote:
Originally posted by tony foley
I have not seen any redheads in several yrs., Suzie carried some real old blood for her time, she did live until i believe 13, BTW, warren said that is a dominate trait from old Rambler (long life span). Suzie has been gone for a few yrs now and most all of her pups are gone or about gone as well. My old Gr Nt Ch Foleys Smokey River Blue Annie was out of her and Chief, she had a black head, there was 3 crosses made with chief and only 1 redhead pup showed up, that is the Banker dog in N.C. i believe. It does seems like just after a generation or 2 they stop showing up, it is like something clicked in that cross of suzies and glorys to make it dominate, just as the cross with chief and fly showing a dominate monkey face.
I owned one here was as pretty a bluetick that ever walked however she was far from being a coon dog and you couldn't hear her bark 50 ft. she was a tree dog and with style but her mouth was weak real weak. She was close to the last time if not the last time this cross on Chief and Suzy was made

Old Post 04-03-2006 02:38 PM
John Vaught is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Vaught Click here to Send John Vaught a Private Message Click Here to Email John Vaught Find more posts by John Vaught Add John Vaught to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
no show
Banned

J.V.

I thought you had one from chief and leggs, not suzy !!

Old Post 04-03-2006 03:01 PM
no show is offline Click Here to See the Profile for no show Click here to Send no show a Private Message Find more posts by no show Add no show to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Vaught
UKC Forum Member

Re: J.V.

quote:
Originally posted by no show
I thought you had one from chief and leggs, not suzy !!
leggs ???????? this dog was from Chief and Suzy I stiil have the 7 generation paper here

Old Post 04-03-2006 03:04 PM
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

This is a liver colored pup advertised for sale on the classifieds.

Any of you guys have one this color?

Old Post 04-03-2006 03:14 PM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
no show
Banned

J.V.

sorry it was chief x lehighs blue bell.........your old post say you had one off this cross that had a weak mouth, I believe you said she hung herself

Old Post 04-03-2006 03:19 PM
no show is offline Click Here to See the Profile for no show Click here to Send no show a Private Message Find more posts by no show Add no show to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Vaught
UKC Forum Member

quote:
sorry it was chief x lehighs blue bell.........your old post say you had one off this cross that had a weak mouth, I believe you said she hung herself
I WILL CHECK YOU MIGHT BE RIGHT

Old Post 04-03-2006 03:22 PM
John Vaught
UKC Forum Member

IS THIS A HAMMER DOG ?

quote:
Originally posted by John Carroll
This is a liver colored pup advertised for sale on the classifieds.

Any of you guys have one this color?

OR A SMOKEY RIVER BREED DOG.......WOW THIS DOG SHOULD BE CULLED OR PUT IN THE BIRD DOG BREED CLASSIFIED

Old Post 04-03-2006 03:24 PM
no show
Banned

Re: IS THIS A HAMMER DOG ?

quote:
Originally posted by John Vaught
OR A SMOKEY RIVER BREED DOG.......WOW THIS DOG SHOULD BE CULLED OR PUT IN THE BIRD DOG BREED CLASSIFIED
lmao..........It could very easily have some of both in it and the old bird dog blood just intensafied !!!

Old Post 04-03-2006 03:27 PM
rance56
UKC Forum Member

wonder if it points?

Old Post 04-03-2006 03:49 PM
rance56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rance56 Click here to Send rance56 a Private Message Click Here to Email rance56 Find more posts by rance56 Add rance56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BIGCASTLEDAWGS
UKC Forum Member

SO, Another of my DUMB ?S

I am assuming that the LIVER coloration of that dog is NOT acceptable and if I get your posts right- it can actually be traced to certain lines... and maybe there was a little bit of "OOPS, a bird dog got to my coonie"????
NOW- my next question is.... WHY would the bird dog have any desirability in the coondog???? Color??? What would they have been TRYING to add?
Please have patience with me- I am totally new to this stuff, I happen to really really like the Blue tick so I read this stuff. When my husband and I can hunt in the future, it'll be with a Bluetick or two. (although we WILL keep our B and Ts and love them dearly)
Thanks, Heather and the BIGCASTLEDAWGS

Old Post 04-03-2006 03:56 PM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIGCASTLEDAWGS Click here to Send BIGCASTLEDAWGS a Private Message Find more posts by BIGCASTLEDAWGS Add BIGCASTLEDAWGS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BIGCASTLEDAWGS
UKC Forum Member

OK, I read the breed standard,

So I understand the liver is an Off color. Still wonder about the birddog thing.
Thanks, Heather

Old Post 04-03-2006 04:18 PM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIGCASTLEDAWGS Click here to Send BIGCASTLEDAWGS a Private Message Find more posts by BIGCASTLEDAWGS Add BIGCASTLEDAWGS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Vaught
UKC Forum Member

quote:
No Show.......you are correct it was Bell

Old Post 04-03-2006 04:58 PM
John Vaught
UKC Forum Member

Re: TONY, SUZIE'S PEDIGREE

quote:
Originally posted by SMOKIN' GUNS
__________BEAN'S RANGER
______EVAN'S BLUE KOJACK
__________UCHTMAN'S BLUE FLY
___CAMP CREEK BLUE RIG ROD
__________POWELL'S IL. SHORTY//////// Grandson of Ramber on top Diamond Jim on bottom
______CAMP CREEK BLUE MINNIE
__________CAMP CREEK BLUE ELLE
LANGEN'S BLUE SUZIE
__________SMOKEY RIVER BLUE RAMBLER
______POWELL'S IL. SAM
__________SMOKEY RIVER BLUE SELDOM.......Daughter of S.R. Samson mother wass S.R. Blue Mary
___CAMP CREEK BLUE BREEZY
__________IL. RIVER BLUE PORTER........ Son of Diamond Jim grandson of Rambler
______CAMP CREEK BLUE BREEZE
__________IL. RIVER SAGE

Last edited by John Vaught on 04-03-2006 at 05:52 PM

Old Post 04-03-2006 05:47 PM
Blue Style

Bird Dog

I have asked the same question in the past, and I was told it was added back when to put the winding ability in the hounds, get the heads up, drifting style instead of straddling a track....just what I have heard....

Old Post 04-03-2006 06:39 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BIGCASTLEDAWGS
UKC Forum Member

Thank you, Blue Style,

Your post nearly killed me! I could NOT understand the word "winding". I am head injured and certain words throw me for a loop. I was thinking of WINDING a CLOCK!
Owing a former hunting BlueTick who DEFINATELYs traddles ANY track.... I guess for competition it would "make sense" but WHY change a good thing when it isn't broken!?!
Thanks again, Heather WIlliam

Old Post 04-03-2006 06:44 PM
Ken Grant
UKC Forum Member

How dominant is the monkey face strain? What I mean is are there any litters that contain monkey face pups but neither parents are monkey faced? I had a black and white pup born to two dark blue dogs. I do know where it came from but wonder the same with monkey face.

Ken

Old Post 04-04-2006 03:28 AM
Ken Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ken Grant Click here to Send Ken Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Ken Grant Find more posts by Ken Grant Add Ken Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jyd
UKC Forum Member

To answer John Carroll ?? I'll be totally truthful and say that I have had more than a few of these liver colors to come out of totally different crosses I've made......Hammer, Uchtman, Smokey River, Jet, Dalton bred ( Smokey II ), Vaughn and ETC..........And if you ask some of the breeders of old and new this question ?? Some will say yes I get those now and again BUT ! Their are some that say they have never got the first one.........So they are either lucky or they forget easily.....LOL!!! I give them to hide hunters or to kids for pets and to some peoples disbelief.....They do run and tree coon and do it very well at it.......I just figure its a gene that comes out from time to time, so what do you do?? And what does it really matter!!! It is kinda aggravating I do admit when you have plans for so many pups and some come out liver. If their is a secret on how not to get them .......I' m all ears.....LOL!! I used to get the mouse colored T W's too, I guess some peolpe got it and some dont....LOL!!!....Oh yea! FACT: I witnessed the breeding of 2 liver colored bluedogs and in 63 days later Guess what ?? 8 pretty bluetick pups....LOL!! Go Figure......So I dont have any answers...LOL!!! John C. sorry about answering your ? with my next novel....LOL!! Chris

336 648 9919..........................336 927 2818
( Gone But Not Forgotten )
GR NITE CH Virginia Junk Yard Dog ( SPANKY)
***Placed 14th at 2008 UKC World Hunt****
Gr Nite Ch Gr.ChVirginia Junk Yard Atomic Dog ( A.D.
:Nite Ch Gr Ch Virginia Junk Yard Poacher
GRCH NITECH ANDERSONS WILD N BLUE POUNDER
SPANKYS NORTHEN BLUE MEG
CIRRENT:
Virginia Junk Yard Kid Rock
VIRGINIA JUNK YARD BOONE
VIRGINIA JUNK YARD BLUE
VIRGINIA JUNK YARD FACEY
GA JUNK YARD TRAPPER
VIRGINIA JUNKYARD STORM
GA JUNK YARD MABEL
JUNK YARD EL CHAPO
All my Blue hounds have Sparetime Spanky blood in their veins..My Choice....I like it ! My TWs could use some of it
TWs
Present :

GRNITECH Skuna River Knock Em Out John
Skuna River Crazy Train
Skuna River Carolina Katy Daly
Past:
GRNITECH Cornell's Slickrock Liz R.I.P.
NTCH Cornell's Slickrock Jenny R.I.P.
NTCH Little Woods Smooth Silk R.I.P.
PR Cana's Pro Joe R.I.P.

Old Post 04-04-2006 04:36 AM
jyd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jyd Click here to Send jyd a Private Message Click Here to Email jyd Find more posts by jyd Add jyd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

Liver

I had a female that was heavy D.J. bred, and I bred her to a D.J. male and got a couple of buckskin pups (liver). They were never registered. I have seen them in the old D.J. line several times. A lot of blue colored dogs will get a liver tint to parts of their coat during the summer. There is a fine line between the blue and liver color. I don't think there is a bird dog in the " wood-pile," but it is a reflection back to the ancestry of the bluetick breed. In the beginning they were English dogs. Some redtick, some bluetick, and some were redtick trimmed with bluetick color. Red is such a part of the bluetick heritage it will pop up now and then. I think it would have to be connected to the pigiments in the skin. Regardless of the cause, it is a fault and should not be registered as bluetick. They seem to pop up more when you line breed real close. If you look at some of the old dogs like W.Va. Blue, Smokey River Ginger, and Smokey River Blue Smokey, they showed some red coloration. Many of the early Vaughn hounds, and Galoway hounds displayed some of this color, even though their body was bluetick in color. Many of the Lee brother's hounds were bluetick, but looked more like redtick/bluetick (English) hounds. I know of some that were trained and made good dogs. Their color should not affect their ability. I have never tried to train one. I guess most hunters want to spend their time and money on something they can hunt, show, or breed if they choose to.

Home of Mayberry Blueticks
Jhn. 3:30, "He must increase, but I must decrease."

Last edited by Craig Edwards on 04-04-2006 at 06:24 AM

Old Post 04-04-2006 06:11 AM
Craig Edwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig Edwards Click here to Send Craig Edwards a Private Message Visit Craig Edwards's homepage! Find more posts by Craig Edwards Add Craig Edwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Justin Smith
Banned

Liver comes out in any black breed eventually ..... dobermans , labs , jags , etc .

The longer a breed is kept "pure" more livers and other recessive colors , muted colors or mutations will start popping up.

I saw a whole litter of chocolate blueticks about ten years ago and even then I knew it wasn't because of bird dog blood .

Old Post 04-04-2006 11:48 AM
Justin Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justin Smith Click here to Send Justin Smith a Private Message Find more posts by Justin Smith Add Justin Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BIGCASTLEDAWGS
UKC Forum Member

Justin,

That makes aLOT of sense to me. My family used to be Doberman people and I have seen it and the blue etc... come out in the breed. Also the B and Ts now showing the Choclate colors more often.
I wonder if it shows up in the AKC B and Ts? Haven't seen it in any literature (not that there is much....).
Anyway, it makes more sense to me that it would come from close breeding. I can't imagine Wanting BirdDog and Scent hound together.
Heather William

Old Post 04-04-2006 12:28 PM
Blue Style

Monkey faced dogs

Mr Grant, I have seen it happen, I have a 7 yr old female out of Nixons Geronimo, and a daughter of uchtmans albert, and neither are monkey faced, but the gyp is, she is the spitting image of Dryfork Spud, her great grandsire....when I asked tommy nixon about it, he remember my female, and said she was one of the first monkey faced dogs otu of his stud he had seen....

Old Post 04-04-2006 06:33 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Vaught
UKC Forum Member

BTT

BTT

Old Post 04-05-2006 01:25 PM
womancoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

monkey faced...

I have another question...
Because my female is monkey faced will that hurt her in shows? That is the main purpose I bought the dog and I am hoping that it will not effect her winning. I am very new in the showing aspect and I need your opions.
Thanks
Amanda

Pictures of Good Golly Miss Molly:
http://www.hunt101.com/img/390211.jpg
http://www.hunt101.com/img/390257.jpg

Old Post 04-05-2006 04:54 PM
womancoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for womancoonhunter Click here to Send womancoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email womancoonhunter Find more posts by womancoonhunter Add womancoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hardup Kennels
UKC Forum Member

Being monkey faced is not a fault. But if the judge doesnt like monkey faced dogs.....remember you are paying for their opinion of your dog. They are SUPPOSE to judge them against the standards, not their preference, but you will have judges that will do that. JUst remember there is another show down the road, and as long as your dog shows well for you and you enjoyed yourself, that is what its about.

PR' Dodge 'Em's Fame & Fortune

Old Post 04-05-2006 05:34 PM
Hardup Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hardup Kennels Click here to Send Hardup Kennels a Private Message Click Here to Email Hardup Kennels Find more posts by Hardup Kennels Add Hardup Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote