UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dc20
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
fsa142
UKC Forum Member

Dc20

I have two dc20 collars and want to change the antennas on them. How or can it be done? Thanks

Pr big river midnight alibi

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-20-2012 08:57 PM
fsa142 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fsa142 Click here to Send fsa142 a Private Message Click Here to Email fsa142 Find more posts by fsa142 Add fsa142 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ross Mullis
UKC Forum Member

kevin rainwater. i belive hes from kentucky.B and K hunting supply. sorry i dont have his number but hes the man.

Old Post 08-20-2012 09:56 PM
Ross Mullis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ross Mullis Click here to Send Ross Mullis a Private Message Click Here to Email Ross Mullis Find more posts by Ross Mullis Add Ross Mullis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
madriver kennel
UKC Forum Member

Phone Number

606-305-1905

Old Post 08-21-2012 12:44 AM
madriver kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for madriver kennel Click here to Send madriver kennel a Private Message Click Here to Email madriver kennel Find more posts by madriver kennel Add madriver kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fsa142
UKC Forum Member

Thanks guys. Woundering if I could do it myself?

Old Post 08-21-2012 01:38 AM
fsa142 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fsa142 Click here to Send fsa142 a Private Message Click Here to Email fsa142 Find more posts by fsa142 Add fsa142 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ross Mullis
UKC Forum Member

i know he seals the hole up in the front and brings it "the antenna" out the side.i would not want to try myself.im always having problems with moisture gettin in mine but they have some age on them.jmo

Old Post 08-21-2012 04:51 PM
Ross Mullis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ross Mullis Click here to Send Ross Mullis a Private Message Click Here to Email Ross Mullis Find more posts by Ross Mullis Add Ross Mullis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K. Singletary
UKC Forum Member

Can't believe someone has a DC20 that is still working. I got tired of sending them things back to Garmin and threw away the 2 I had.

ChNtCh Allnite Gypsy Girl

Old Post 08-21-2012 05:41 PM
K. Singletary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K. Singletary Click here to Send K. Singletary a Private Message Click Here to Email K. Singletary Find more posts by K. Singletary Add K. Singletary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Mullins
UKC Forum Member

I bought a cable antenna from bruce conkey a few years ago and put it on mine and id trust it to this day more than i would my dc 40

Old Post 08-21-2012 06:12 PM
Jason Mullins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Mullins Click here to Send Jason Mullins a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Mullins Find more posts by Jason Mullins Add Jason Mullins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fsa142
UKC Forum Member

Thanks guys. I also have to 30 collars that I use, but the 20's work well. The problem is the darn things keep twisting to the bottom, wich then will not pick up as good. Thanks again

Old Post 08-21-2012 08:10 PM
Virgil
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by K. Singletary
Can't believe someone has a DC20 that is still working. I got tired of sending them things back to Garmin and threw away the 2 I had.

My thinking as well. I was lucky enough that mine tore up while Garmin was offering the trade in for the DC-30's and upgraded.

Old Post 08-21-2012 08:13 PM
Virgil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Virgil Click here to Send Virgil a Private Message Click Here to Email Virgil Find more posts by Virgil Add Virgil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ross Mullis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Virgil
My thinking as well. I was lucky enough that mine tore up while Garmin was offering the trade in for the DC-30's and upgraded.

what kind of trade in where they offering? is it still avaliable?

Old Post 08-21-2012 08:56 PM
Virgil
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ross Mullis
what kind of trade in where they offering? is it still avaliable?

I doubt it. My DC-20 was under warranty when I sent it in to be repaired and they called and offered me a DC-30 instead of repairing it. Basically they were having so much trouble with the DC-20's they just wanted to get rid of all them that were under warranty. Mine had gotten water in it and pretty much destroyed everything inside the collar.

If I'm not mistaken you could send any DC-20 under warranty in and get a DC-30 at half price even if it wan't tore up.

Old Post 08-21-2012 09:14 PM
Virgil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Virgil Click here to Send Virgil a Private Message Click Here to Email Virgil Find more posts by Virgil Add Virgil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
circleykennels
UKC Forum Member

dc20

I bought new antennas from Jim Whale and have had no problems with mine I have 3 20's and they work as good as my 30's. the anntenas have a 90 then cable for anntennas. So now the 20's hang under the neck like a 30.

Old Post 08-21-2012 09:31 PM
circleykennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for circleykennels Click here to Send circleykennels a Private Message Click Here to Email circleykennels Find more posts by circleykennels Add circleykennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom T
UKC Forum Member

Fellows I have been using Kevin's mod. DC 20's four years that is all I own.I have five of them no problems.

Old Post 08-22-2012 02:33 AM
Tom T is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tom T Click here to Send Tom T a Private Message Click Here to Email Tom T Find more posts by Tom T Add Tom T to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bondo
UKC Forum Member

I bought one of these cable antennas and it only tracks about 300 yards.

Old Post 08-28-2012 05:45 PM
Bondo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bondo Click here to Send Bondo a Private Message Click Here to Email Bondo Find more posts by Bondo Add Bondo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerdogman85
UKC Forum Member

can anyone post a pic of the collar so i can see how you mounted it thank you

Old Post 08-28-2012 07:20 PM
walkerdogman85 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdogman85 Click here to Send walkerdogman85 a Private Message Visit walkerdogman85's homepage! Find more posts by walkerdogman85 Add walkerdogman85 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom T
UKC Forum Member

There is more to it then just drilling a hole and moving an antenna.You have to add a piece of shielded wire.You got to have a really good soildering gun.Kevin has this down to a art.

Old Post 08-28-2012 10:18 PM
Tom T is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tom T Click here to Send Tom T a Private Message Click Here to Email Tom T Find more posts by Tom T Add Tom T to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerdogman85
UKC Forum Member

I meant to see how you attached the 20 to the collar I am thinking about sending it ti kevin but right now interested in how to mount it

Old Post 08-29-2012 01:18 AM
walkerdogman85 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdogman85 Click here to Send walkerdogman85 a Private Message Visit walkerdogman85's homepage! Find more posts by walkerdogman85 Add walkerdogman85 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bondo
UKC Forum Member

How do I contact Kevin and how much does it cost?

Old Post 08-29-2012 12:33 PM
Bondo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bondo Click here to Send Bondo a Private Message Click Here to Email Bondo Find more posts by Bondo Add Bondo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerdog77
UKC Forum Member

Any pics of the mod

Old Post 08-31-2012 12:21 AM
walkerdog77 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdog77 Click here to Send walkerdog77 a Private Message Click Here to Email walkerdog77 Find more posts by walkerdog77 Add walkerdog77 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote