UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > how to kill fleas in yard around kennel
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
walkerdogman85
UKC Forum Member

how to kill fleas in yard around kennel

my dogs are in a above ground kennel and i have been usung seven dust spray and granuales and some other brand of granuales the went away for a couple weeks and now i am starting to see them again not as bad but i am wondering what to use i am think about using that bayer tree and shrub but how will that kill the fleas on the ground need help thank you

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-04-2012 03:03 PM
walkerdogman85 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdogman85 Click here to Send walkerdogman85 a Private Message Visit walkerdogman85's homepage! Find more posts by walkerdogman85 Add walkerdogman85 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazeagle
Banned

My opinion what has happened is that what you are using only kills hatched fleas and what you are getting now are new hatches.

Old Post 09-04-2012 03:52 PM
amazeagle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amazeagle Click here to Send amazeagle a Private Message Click Here to Email amazeagle Find more posts by amazeagle Add amazeagle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patches9452
UKC Forum Member

a pesticide called govern.... its 90 bucks for 2 1/2 gal jug but it will get the fleas flies ticks grasshoppers frogs worms and any other critters you might have.... dont spray the dogs and dont spray yourself but the stuff works wonders.... you will need a liesense to be able to buy it.... mix according to label

Old Post 09-04-2012 04:54 PM
patches9452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches9452 Click here to Send patches9452 a Private Message Click Here to Email patches9452 Find more posts by patches9452 Add patches9452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerdogman85
UKC Forum Member

i dont have a liscense and i need something that will kill the new hatches i habve looked but cant find anything

Old Post 09-04-2012 06:42 PM
walkerdogman85 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdogman85 Click here to Send walkerdogman85 a Private Message Visit walkerdogman85's homepage! Find more posts by walkerdogman85 Add walkerdogman85 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patches9452
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by walkerdogman85
i dont have a liscense and i need something that will kill the new hatches i habve looked but cant find anything
this will kill new hatches also.... do you have a farm friend who could buy it for you?

Old Post 09-04-2012 07:08 PM
patches9452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches9452 Click here to Send patches9452 a Private Message Click Here to Email patches9452 Find more posts by patches9452 Add patches9452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerdogman85
UKC Forum Member

no

Old Post 09-04-2012 07:14 PM
walkerdogman85
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 09-05-2012 09:22 PM
stinger27
UKC Forum Member

There is a product called Admire that will take care of your problems. You should be able to find it at better farm supplys.

Old Post 09-05-2012 09:30 PM
stinger27 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stinger27 Click here to Send stinger27 a Private Message Click Here to Email stinger27 Find more posts by stinger27 Add stinger27 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ldt77
UKC Forum Member

the only way i could get rid of flies was by going to the vet and getting the once a month pill. i gave one to each of my dogs and moved them around and two days all flies were gone. i know it sounds cruel because the flies have to bite them for it to kill them but better than keeping flies. i spent about $60 and got no where and vet bill was $120 for 6 pills and visit.

Not telling the whole truth is the same as telling a lie.
You get what you pay for.

Old Post 09-06-2012 01:32 AM
ldt77 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ldt77 Click here to Send ldt77 a Private Message Click Here to Email ldt77 Find more posts by ldt77 Add ldt77 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jason554
UKC Forum Member

I went to the vet and paid 90 bucks for the visit and 6 pills. You'll spend more than that trying other remedies

Old Post 09-06-2012 01:45 AM
jason554 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jason554 Click here to Send jason554 a Private Message Click Here to Email jason554 Find more posts by jason554 Add jason554 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote