UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > the honda makes em look.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

the honda makes em look.

was able to cut sky and spayed dog loose little before dark tonight. around 80 degrees and humid but cooled off nice as hunt went. dumped out and spayed dog actually went correct way with sky circling back towards road and hitting crappy sounding track. cant hunt that way and caught her up as crossing road. got dogs together and cut further in correct direction. no barks to my knowledge and on garmin dogs hunted all the terrain out way i like and after around 2 miles caught sky. well over 2 miles angled to next road caught spayed dog. shook my head in disbelief worthless dogs couldnt get anything going.

dumped again with nothing going and at a mile caught them together. again hunted everything perfect and was ready to cash it in!!! dumped again in short piece of creek ground maybe half mile and hunted out again with nothing!!! dang near took these two idiots home and grabbed minn to see if she felt like hunting tonight and could do something but didnt.

said one more try or i quit forever. LOL. cut loose and dogs went different directions with sky hitting hot hot track 300yds out and burned a beanfield race another 500yds and slammed treed sounding perfect. spayed dog stayed out in her own little world doing nothing. did some pounding on the honda and got very close to tree then walking in caught an eye and tripped at same time then couldnt find coon for anything in huge cottonwood. got wheeler on other side of dam where beans are crap and could drive out easier way then come in. loaded dog and cooling fan kicked on wheeler just as shined one more time. coon looked immediately and got moving in tree. got phone and took recording of cooling fan. messed around and every time would play that with red or walk light coon would look and move around. never been much of a squaller guy even though seen them work, just dont like how dogs respond to them on tree but thats a whole different discussion. played audio with that fan recording rest of night and every coon responded. going to keep doing it and see if fluke or really works consistently.

got second wind after actually treeing a coon so cut loose again in another dryland bean field that goes into nice drainages and creek. got smoking hot track that dogs pounded together, way it sounded should of been a catch and probably would have been with good dogs. sky and spayed dog slammed treed together and spayed dog actually stayed put hammering with her sister. i walked in with red nothing seen. played audio of cooling fan and instantly got eyes and coon moved. spayed dog shut down like always once i got there and tied her back never barking again. wierdest dog ive ever seen.

moved couple miles and cut again. sky followed crappy bluff and tree line laying up treed quarter mile in with litter that all looked as i walked in with walk light. other dumby was at wheeler when got back.

first tree, had hell of time finding coon.

second single.

third tree, litter.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-10-2017 07:57 AM
mnb&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mnb&t Click here to Send mnb&t a Private Message Find more posts by mnb&t Add mnb&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote