UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Couple questions for FastEddy
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Couple questions for FastEddy

Have you seen many short eared dogs in the riverbend line.
My male has them and I was looking through some pictures yesterday of riverbend dogs and saw a female that looked just like him with short ears.

Mine dog has the Riverbend name from the sire Lonesome II and Thunder but thunder is a harry dog. The Riverbend June II dog is where the river bend blood actually comes from in his pedigree.

Mongo has been good to me and corey and gives us a chance to win no matter what state we hunt him in. Corey just got back from the CHKC hunt and Mongo again gave us the effort we look for in a hound. Just the breaks went the other way.

I sure don't need another dog but if I found a heavy Riverbend bred female. I might try to get her to make a cross. Bred Mongo once to a Drop Dead Female I have here and pups has done well.

Here is his pedigree.

We have his winnings up to around 9K from 500 when I got him and he is a Grand Nite with all grand pedigree. So he has won a little bit.
I have never fell in love with him because the short ears and he is a hard headed, driven dog. You can have him on a leash in the woods and trying to talk to him or pet him and he is just looking around into the dark wanting to be cut loose. Not paying you any attention. LOL

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-20-2018 02:25 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

Bruce, River Bend Flag dogs, That I have seen are very houndly long ears and all, Rat, Harry, Thrasher, Maniac's, logan on his paper was a short eared dog, You have a good bit of BOZO in there about 5 shots that are ugly and short eared... I know a good bit about all dogs but I specialize in the Flag dogs,, Having 8 females off Flag, I have the experience to know what the characteristic's that they carry, It can be any thing from silent, chop mouth, bawl mouth, semi, to wide open all the way, but the most evident characteristic is the over powering tree power, The females I had all through 100 to 120 BPM tree dogs, There were about 25% of them that was 130 to 155-160 BPM Loud ringing Chops. I have a lot of videos with pups that were 3 and 4 month old that could bark 75 to 80 BPM, that was normal or common to see this.. I hope to put out a training DVD in the near future on how I imprinted things in my pups that anyone could take from there and finish to a top hound.. FASTEDDY!!!!

Old Post 03-20-2018 11:14 PM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Shots mama.

If you'll look on the bottom side of thunders pedigree real close,you'll find the answer to your ?

Old Post 03-22-2018 12:42 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

Bruce, Here is something interesting to look at, and it well give these green horns something to do.. go back to the post Edwardfasteddy, and look at the picture of me and Yadkin River Crowder, That is were the Sackett Jr. dogs came from and measure his ears with a ruler and swing it out toward his nose it is about 1 1/2 from the end of his nose. To be the right length it should be to the end of his nose of longer, first thing a bench show judge looks at when you put them up on a bench is ear length.. This falls under, and is just like a pink nose, one testicle, natural bob tail, wrong color, it is a fault, and should be disqualify for it. Probably why he wasn't a show champion. Yadkin River Tom Tom had short ears. Hickory Nut Harry had short ears, I will prove that later. Now go to the picture on the same post edwardfasteddy and go to the dog River Bend Flag II dog and measure his ears and then turn the ruler out to the end of his nose, they are 1 1/2 or longer past his nose, proves Flag dogs are more houndy looking dogs... Houndy looking dogs have better nose then a short eared cur looking dog. Proven fact that Sackeet Jr. dogs and rat attack do not have a good nose and is why they slick tree.. RIVER BEND FLAG's off spring is what helped make the Wipeout Dogs what they are, having the best noses of any hounds right now.. Caution: Please do not breed Sackeet Jr. or Rat into this fine strain of Hounds. Just some food for thought....

Old Post 03-22-2018 02:52 PM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Ed why not look at the picture of the 5 flag daughters. I'm not for or against the statement but in that picture all of those females have ears like my female. The ears do not come past the nose. And I don't think flag's ears were as long as you're saying, judging by the picture anyways. And the picture of Crowder, he has ears about like flag does in the pictures. But jmo.

But you can't always go off of pictures. If the pictures aren't at 90° from the head you can't make the measurements your talking about.

Also I don't think the ear length has anything to do with cold nose vs hot nose. But again jmo.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 03-22-2018 04:07 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

Novicane, Did you ever see a Bloodhound with short ears? If it looks like a hound, it probably is a hound.. Did you ever see a cur with long ears, I havn't and they are HOT nosed! I have hunted with some good collies, but never seen one that could drift a bad track and come up with a coon..

Old Post 03-22-2018 04:46 PM
swamp1
Banned

Lol,green horns,I like that.

I wasn't talking about ear length at all. I was talking about traits,specifically ,dog smarts which is hard to find "" inbreeding dogs"". As far as flatrock coma goes, the flag gyp helped put some tree in coma and hardwood buster put some track and tree in there. Now when it come to wipeout hounds,the cold tracking open mouth came from the Finley river gyp Barry kiddy bred to flatrock coma,period. This green horn was here during flag, grease, Mindy,Maggie,Polly, jane,bounce, levi,preacher,john wayne,wyatt earp,the original lonsome,spook,and a few more. then along came shot. I know,l was there, they saw, I saw,can't fool me. Once upon a time there was a dog called Dallas. Him and flag dogs ate goat one night. Dallas was a bad to the bone,I buried him at 16 years old. I'll be your green horn huckle berry. Lol

Last edited by swamp1 on 03-22-2018 at 06:52 PM

Old Post 03-22-2018 06:18 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Yep

I got the old stuff, still. I think Mr Conkey is talking about mongo staring off into the wild dark blue yonder,specifically while he's trying to communicate with him. I had one like him too. Lol. Unpredictable, Coondawg though.

Last edited by swamp1 on 03-22-2018 at 06:33 PM

Old Post 03-22-2018 06:22 PM
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by edwardfasteddy
Novicane, Did you ever see a Bloodhound with short ears? If it looks like a hound, it probably is a hound.. Did you ever see a cur with long ears, I havn't and they are HOT nosed! I have hunted with some good collies, but never seen one that could drift a bad track and come up with a coon..
I don't got one with long ears,but I do got one that can drift a bad track fast and nail a coon fast. Laika x streak cur bred opens on ground,hear her treed 600 yds away next to commercial airport, loud. And bad and faster than lighting. Come on in,the waters fine. Of course rumor has it them streak dogs got walker in them,flag maybe? Lol.

Old Post 03-22-2018 06:47 PM
swamp1
Banned

1944 Lester Nance quote.

I don't breed for ear length, I breed for what's between the ears.Lol go on wit it,big dawg. Lol sackarat, got ears like a mouse.

Old Post 03-22-2018 07:14 PM
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

Ya, But Old Dallas didn't reproduce like the Flag Dogs did! And what about the Wipeout dog that won the World squirrel hunt back in 2004 with all the best Curs in the world there... What about that my friend.. HEHEHEHE!!!

Old Post 03-22-2018 07:57 PM
rick brocious
UKC Forum Member

I'm far from being an expert like you guy's but It says in the walker conformation that the ear length is supposed to be of medium length so if the ear is longer then its nose that would be a fault .https://www.ukcdogs.com/treeing-walker-coonhound

Last edited by rick brocious on 03-22-2018 at 09:18 PM

Old Post 03-22-2018 09:03 PM
rick brocious is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick brocious Click here to Send rick brocious a Private Message Find more posts by rick brocious Add rick brocious to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

Medium length is to the end of the nose... If the ear does not go to the end of the nose, you are looking at a short ear. And if you think a Cur has a clod nose,, WOW!

Old Post 03-22-2018 09:25 PM
rick brocious
UKC Forum Member

You say that ear length should be to the end of the nose or longer . If it went past the nose like you said would'nt that be a fault . Are you sure you wer'nt breeding some black and tan to get that colder nosed long eared hound ? Please school me OH MIGHTY WALKER GOD cause i'm just a green horn . And by the way i never said nothing about a cur dog . WOW !!

Last edited by rick brocious on 03-23-2018 at 01:41 AM

Old Post 03-23-2018 01:29 AM
rick brocious is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick brocious Click here to Send rick brocious a Private Message Find more posts by rick brocious Add rick brocious to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

My ears don't even reach my cheeks but I got a cold nose I can smell BS many miles away woooo weeee haaaa haaaaaaa heeeee heeeee.

Y'all have fun I am going hunting lol.

Tar

Old Post 03-23-2018 01:42 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Man, that was one if the best replies I have ever seen on this board. It was humorous but straight to the point. I have seen dogs with short ears tree coons that good dogs could not smell. Ear length has nothing to do with a dogs nose period...... Dave

Old Post 03-23-2018 03:48 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

I wonder why they use them BLOOD HOUNDS to track Missing kids that are 4 and 5 days old scent to fine them, and have found them. One of you guys maybe Tar should get a hold of those rescue guys and sell them a LIPPER X RATTLER pup, Man I bet when they find out how good of track dogs they are they will flat get rid of those Blood Hounds..... HEHEHEHEHBAWHOOOOOWWEWEWEWEWE!!!!!

Old Post 03-23-2018 01:58 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Lmbo you ain't going to find nobody with a rattler x lipper pup they don't like strangers probly go the other way where you been it ain't no fun without you lol.

Tar

Old Post 03-23-2018 02:10 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick brocious
UKC Forum Member

Grow up dog jockey!

Old Post 03-23-2018 02:14 PM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

My grandpa would lead a coon back and forth on his fields then grab a team of long eared hounds and plow the field. Them very long eared dogs may or may not have a cold nose but most of them bury their heads while tracking

Old Post 03-23-2018 02:18 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by rick brocious
Grow up dog jockey!

Hey , hey if he's got anything better than mine I will trade with him but I got to draw boot lol.

Tar

Old Post 03-23-2018 02:19 PM
rick brocious
UKC Forum Member

You better watch tar he has those long eared bloodhound walker hounds that can run a two day old track

Old Post 03-23-2018 02:35 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Edwardfasteddy

Your analogy of the bloodhound is like saying only tall people can play basketball. We all know that doesn't hold water, just watch some of those short point guards play. You are barking up the wrong tree, better use your nose and move on . Teehee. Dave

Old Post 03-23-2018 03:31 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

I guy that I hunted with 45 years ago told me back then, listen Eddy the longer these guys hunt coon hounds the dumber they get, and I know now what he meant. And I don't mean me.. HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Old Post 03-23-2018 06:14 PM
rick brocious
UKC Forum Member

Hard to believe that you've been doing it wrong all these years and haven't been smart enough to figure it out . But when you're a dog jockey and you sell an inferior product i guess you start believing your own lies .

Old Post 03-23-2018 08:12 PM