UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Ohio Valley Bluetick Kennel
Pages (23): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
southernthunder
UKC Forum Member

i will try and chat with ya this evening

Southern Thunder Bluetick Kennels

At Stud: GRNITECH PR HAMLIN'S BLUE WHIP
PERFORMANCE SIRE $300 STUD FEE

HOME OF: GRNITECH GRCH PR HAMLIN'S DAVIE CROCKET HTX
2015 TRIPLE CROWN CHAMPION
2015 PURINA RACE BREED CHAMPION
2015 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITECH BLUETICK
2015 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2015 AUTUMN OAKS BBOA / BBCHA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2015 WINTER CLASSIC DOUBLE CAST WINNER PURINA POINTS EVENT
2015 WINTER CLASSIC BBOA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2015 ARKANSAS STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE
2015 MISSOURI STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE
2015 OKLAHOMA STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER
2015 KENTUCKY STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER
2015 INDIANA STATE PURINA CONTEDER CAST WINNER
2015 BBOA ZONE 7 CHAMPION / DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 BBOA TEXAS STATE CHAMPION / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 BBOA / WESTERN ENGLISH SHOOTOUT DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 UNITED ENGLISH ARKANSAS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPION / HIGH SCORE OVERALL CHAMPION
2015 BBOA YOUTH NATIONALS CAST WINNER 2ND OVERALL HIGH SCORE
2015 BBOA ZONE 7 HOUND OF THE YEAR
2015 BBOA/BBCHA GRAND REUNION RQE 1ST PLACE IOWA
2015 BBOA NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL CAST WINNER / 1ST RUNNER UP
2015 ELBERT VAUGHN MEMORIAL CHAMPION
2015 BILL JACKSON MEMORIAL CHAMPION
2015 BOOMER SOONER CLASSIC CHAMPION
2015 WESTERN ENGLISH SPRING CLASSIS CAST WINNER
2015 OKLAHOMA STATE YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP CAST WINNER
2015 BLUETICK CHALLENGE CHAMPION
2015 BBOA OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION / DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 UKC WORLD HUNT CAST WINNER
2016 PURINA NATIONALS CAST WINNER / BREED CHAMPION / HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
5 Time World Qualifier and 3 Peat Zone Champion
Too many wins to list them all
2020 Performance Sire at Stud
GRCH GRNITECH PR HAMLIN'S DAVIE CROCKET HTX

Thanks to everyone who has breed to Crocket or is hunting one of his offspring

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-08-2012 10:49 PM
southernthunder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southernthunder Click here to Send southernthunder a Private Message Find more posts by southernthunder Add southernthunder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

This is part of the PM I just received from mash22410, Mark, from W.V. He has a male out of Jimmy and Delano Davis' female.

"I always say things like this, but he's got the best temperament of any hound I've been around, he's very smart, and LOVES to run a track. He hunts alone or with company and isn't afraid to go a mile by himself..."

I have heard similar things from several owners of Jimmy pups from different litters. These are the traits that he is consistently throwing along with really good mouths on his pups. I will add that for the most part he does not seem to be throwing pups that tree just to be treeing. They like to have something when they tree. These type of dogs may not be for everyone. Some may like hotter noses or more gambling style tree dogs and that is obviously up to an individuals preference, but the above is what Jimmy is throwing in his pups.

Hopefully will get another very nice Nt Ch PKC money winning female bred to Jimmy this weekend.

Old Post 10-12-2012 08:08 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Me and Troy took OV Jimmy, Sassy, and Little Snap across the creek into W.V. Saturday night. Turned loose up a hollow and the gyps swung left and Jimmy went right. Sassy and Snap struck and worked a track, located and treed about 700 yards in. Went to the tree and it was a slick persimmon. Pulled them off and headed them toward Jimmy who was over a ridge from them another 500 yards to the right. The gyps popped over the ridge, opened and worked to the left and treed a double. While we were at that tree, Jimmy treed on deeper to the right. Went to him and he had a coon. He was .8 miles from the truck. Led them a little deeper and right handed and cut again. Struck one close and went back to the left and treed again. Had a 16 pounder in that tree. That is a pretty nice sized coon for this part of the country. Led them down the hollow and cut again While skinning that coon, they struck again about 300 yards and worked a little deeper and treed again. Had a double in that tree. We decided to keep going and try to circle back around to the truck. Dogs decided to go left handed down a big hollow and struck again, worked a track up quickly and treed again about 700 yards from us. Went in and they had the meat. One slick, 3 singles, and 2 doubles, and we were 1.2 miles from the truck, so we decided to call it a night and make the trek back to the truck. Me and Troy were dragging butt when we saw his truck, but we had an awesome hunt so it was worth it.

Old Post 10-15-2012 05:32 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rockybottomblue
UKC Forum Member

young dog

Picked up a young dog off of Jimmy this weekend. Man he is a looker and has a good mouth. We will be hunting him for the first time tonight. We have him on trial. I dont know exactly what gyp hes off of, but im thinkin she was off of Hornet.

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv33/rockybottomblue/GetAttachment.jpg

Old Post 10-15-2012 08:06 PM
rockybottomblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rockybottomblue Click here to Send rockybottomblue a Private Message Click Here to Email rockybottomblue Find more posts by rockybottomblue Add rockybottomblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Re: young dog

quote:
Originally posted by rockybottomblue
Picked up a young dog off of Jimmy this weekend. Man he is a looker and has a good mouth. We will be hunting him for the first time tonight. We have him on trial. I dont know exactly what gyp hes off of, but im thinkin she was off of Hornet.

I'd say he would have to be a littermate to the Leah female I posted the picture of on page one of this thread. Best of luck with him and hope he works out for you.

Old Post 10-15-2012 08:22 PM
No Mo Kennels
UKC Forum Member

Hey John

Just wanted to say those are some nice looking hounds you have and sounds like they know how to get it done in the woods also. Congrats and good luck with them.

Old Post 10-16-2012 02:43 PM
No Mo Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for No Mo Kennels Click here to Send No Mo Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by No Mo Kennels Add No Mo Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Re: Hey John

quote:
Originally posted by No Mo Kennels
Just wanted to say those are some nice looking hounds you have and sounds like they know how to get it done in the woods also. Congrats and good luck with them.

Thanks James. I'm not sure if the young dogs in those pictures know exactly how to get it done but they do know to look up anyway. I don't hunt Little Lou very often so she is rusty but she will still get up on the wood and is a real classy tree dog. I bought her a couple years ago from Angela Sawvel in Michigan. They finished her to Grand Show Champion and put 2 seconds on her, 3 thirds, and a fifth in the hunts but she still needs a first. I haven't tried to tune her up and finish her. I bred her to Ohio Valley Jimmy and had one of the sharpest looking and acting litters of pups that I can ever remember. Hopefully they will turn out as good as they looked and acted as puppies. I plan on breeding her again but this time I'm going to breed her to Clear River Jimmy. I hope you get some more females bred to Crook, he is definitely reproducing.

Old Post 10-16-2012 07:29 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Clear River Blue Diamond Jimmy

Old Post 10-20-2012 12:18 AM
wvturkeythug
New UKC Forum Member

Hey John

I've got a female out of the o v jimmy and little lou cross. She's one of the best acting pups i've had in awhile, seems to have alot of brains. Hasn't treed at night yet but she has treed a couple squirels by sight in the daytime. She hunts out good ,stays busy and carries herself good. I hope she turns out . Only time will tell. Best of luck with yours.

Old Post 10-20-2012 03:35 AM
wvturkeythug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wvturkeythug Click here to Send wvturkeythug a Private Message Find more posts by wvturkeythug Add wvturkeythug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

wvturkeythug

Best of luck with your pup. I talked to a guy in Texas over a month ago who has a littermate and he said that his male pup treed a coon for him all ready at night and was coon crazy. There are a couple other ones from that litter that their owners like real well also. I have two pups, a male and a female, from that litter as well. I very rarely ever do too much with a pup at night until they get at least ten months old and can definitely stay up with the older dogs. These two are going to be an exception I think. The litter is 7 months old now so gonna give them another month. They are both super nice pups with the male catching my eye more than any male pup I have raised for years, but he acts like his Daddy and I'm kinda partial to him. I just hope all the good signs carry over into the woods. I was very happy with that litter and hope they all make it.

Old Post 10-20-2012 06:28 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Just some pictures

Been hunting quite a bit in WV since the season opener. Treeing quite a few coon and having some really good hunts. Here are some pictures from the other night.

Old Post 10-30-2012 04:48 PM
Clay Lautzenhiser
UKC Forum Member

Nice looking hounds bud. Glad to hear you are having some good hunts. Will try and get together if I make it up for Ashland. If not I am moving to In. in the summer so I will be a little closer.

PKC#50739

Old Post 10-30-2012 05:13 PM
Clay Lautzenhiser is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clay Lautzenhiser Click here to Send Clay Lautzenhiser a Private Message Click Here to Email Clay Lautzenhiser Find more posts by Clay Lautzenhiser Add Clay Lautzenhiser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Clay. This year started out pretty rough and I'm behind schedule with my young dogs, but it's getting better now. Ashland is always a hunt I wanted to make it to but haven't went there yet. Maybe next spring will be the year. One of these days we'll hit the woods together.

Old Post 10-30-2012 09:42 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

I still haven't been able to get any pictures of Crystal. Things are finally getting back to normal. Wake up, go to work, go home, eat supper, take care of dogs and go hunting, and then go to bed. Rinse, cycle, and repeat process the next day.

Old Post 11-14-2012 06:19 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Me and my regular hunting buddy, Troy, had been hunting quite a bit over in WV, and now season is in in Ohio. Entered a pound hunt on Saturday night at our club. We hunted OV Jimmy, Sassy, and Snap. Ended up treeing a 16 pounder, a 19 pounder, and one that we didn't weigh. 3 dumps, 3 coon, and called it a night. Good start for the yearly pound hunt competition.

Sunday afternoon, me and Troy went out to try to get permission to hunt a 600 acre farm. Dad had got permission to hunt it prior to his health going down hill but we never got time to hunt it. I really regretted not being able to hunt that place with him cause I'm sure it has a lot of coon. Anyway, the landowner had all ready given some other guys permission to hunt and he didn't think it would be fair to the other guys for me to also hunt it so he didn't give us permission. But, another guy was at his house and he told us to go check with another landowner that he thought would let us hunt. So, we went to look this guy up. Shortly after dark, we pulled up to a house, turned out it wasn't the landowners house, but the landowner of the farm we were looking for was at this house. Started talking to him about coon hunting and he asks who we were and where we are from. I tell him and the other guy that was there says that's funny, I just bought that truck over there and the name that was on the title was a Smith. I turned around and low and behold it was my Dad's truck. Dad had left the truck to his girlfriend and she had just sold it to this guy that same day. The gentleman was nice enough to give me Dad's personalized license plates that say "BLU TICK". I really appreciated that. We also got permission to hunt. We hunted Lou, Sassy, and Sledge and treed 2 singles and a double and called it a night.

Last edited by ov_blues on 11-14-2012 at 07:11 PM

Old Post 11-14-2012 06:52 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Monday night we hunted Sassy, Snapper, and Ace. They holed one track, treed a possum, ran a track that didn't result in a tree. We had gotten a late start anyway and I realized I had piled too many young dogs in the truck, so I decided to quit before I got farther behind.

Tuesday night we just hunted Sassy and Tick IX. We turned loose, Sassy struck, Tick joined in and they ran the truck up around a steep hill where Tick fell treed with Sassy joining in. Went to them and they had a coon. Knocked it out and went on around the hill. Sassy struck again and was working a track. Tick joined in and almost immediately fell treed with Sassy backing him. Went to them and they had another coon. Went a little deeper and cut them again. They struck, worked for a few minutes and Tick treed again with Sassy working the track deeper. Went to him and he was on a den. Maybe had a coon, maybe not. Sassy worked a little longer but didn't tree it so maybe Tick did have it. Kind of hard to put a whole lot of faith in a dog that hasn't been out but 6 times. Sassy has held her own and then some with some pretty nice hounds but Tick handed it to her last night. He might have earned more hunting time. lol.

Last edited by ov_blues on 11-14-2012 at 07:13 PM

Old Post 11-14-2012 07:08 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Made a little road trip last Sunday. Met up with Justin Adkins in Huntington WV and took him a young dog to work with. Justin has been a big help to me with the dogs and I appreciate him a lot. Then I headed to Mt Sterling, Ohio to take Houdini to Darian Dillion and pick up Rose. Enjoyed the visit with Darian and his family. Got to see the pups out of Rose and Magic and they were a good looking group of pups. Then we went for a short hunt with Houdini and Rose. Couldn't hunt long but we did tree one. Houdini split treed from Rose and had the meat while Rose was on a slick. She doesn't slick much but she did and Houdini found the coon. That flat country of northern Ohio makes it hard to hunt when I get back but i've made myself go anyway. Darian did find me a little ditch to cross that he called a hill. lol. Met Race on Monday and he now has Rose. Hopefully we will get her bred to one of the Jimmy dogs next year.

As of right now, I don't have any females bred. I have Nt Ch Gr Ch Cricket, who is out of Spike and Lou, that just went out of heat but I chose to wait until her next cycle to breed her. I have a Dual Grand female that I am going to try to breed if she comes in again, and I will be breeding Little Lou on her next cycle. Any of those crosses should produce some nice hounds. I decided to keep the little Crystal female out of Jimmy so for now, I don't have any pups or dogs for sale.

Last edited by ov_blues on 11-23-2012 at 02:22 AM

Old Post 11-23-2012 02:20 AM
No Mo Kennels
UKC Forum Member

Little Lou

Hey John if you can't handle all those blue dogs up your way, Little Lou could always come to Missouri for a visit we have a nice off the ground kennel for her with insulated metal dog house. I don't know if she could handle this flat river farmland we hunt. Lol hope your having a good season.

Old Post 12-01-2012 04:20 PM
No Mo Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for No Mo Kennels Click here to Send No Mo Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by No Mo Kennels Add No Mo Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

James, I don't know about Lou but I'm sure I would enjoy some flat river farmland hunting myself. Season is going good. Enjoying seeing a lot of different young dogs progressing but sometimes that is aggravating because I have too many to really get any one of them really cranking. I have a feeling about the young male out of OV Jimmy and Little Lou though. He may be "the one". I'll be finding out soon. Hope your season is going well.

Old Post 12-03-2012 04:27 PM
David R. Smith
UKC Forum Member

Hunted Sadie and Jewel Saturday nite. Long story short, made 5 trees and only seen one coon. I was in a pound hunt and a little over a mile in when we bushed him. I had full intentions of quitting and getting Bull, but that warm truck talked me into staying in it the rest of the nite. I believe Sadie had a false pregnancy, shes slimming down for some reason? Regardless, I gotta get her hunted up and win the WV PKC hunt this spring. Cant let Kenny have all the fun. Yell at me and we will try to find some crippled up dumb WV coons to chase around lol.

Old Post 12-04-2012 12:30 AM
David R. Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David R. Smith Click here to Send David R. Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email David R. Smith Find more posts by David R. Smith Add David R. Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

David, I sure wish Sadie would have been able to have pups. I went thru that with my old Gr Nt Minnie female. Never was able to get any pups out of her but I sure got to enjoy hunting her for several years. You'll get Sadie tuned back up and back into her winning ways I'm sure. Me and Mike hunted together on a pound hunt Saturday night. We treed 3 singles and a den with OV Jimmy and Mike's female out of Ring. The biggest 2 were 13.9 and 19 pounds and I think that put us back on top for the most yearly weight. I want to start getting CR Jimmy out some so I'll give you a call and come over some night.

Old Post 12-04-2012 05:34 PM
David R. Smith
UKC Forum Member

Brought Jewel down to the truck last nite to get her collared up to hunt. She is in heat. So I went up and got Sadie and Bull lol. Made five turnouts. 2 dens, 2 slicks, and a hole. Still no barks from Bull. He went every step of the way until she treed, than he came back every time. I believe if I can be patient with him he will come on. Just does alot of male dog things I dont like. Hes definitely got the next 3 weeks of wood time coming to him. I cant believe the way he hates cats that he dont go nuts over coons yet.

Old Post 12-04-2012 11:12 PM
David R. Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David R. Smith Click here to Send David R. Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email David R. Smith Find more posts by David R. Smith Add David R. Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David R. Smith
UKC Forum Member

ov jimmy

Made a turn out with my ntch female and ov jimmy the other nite. Jimmy had honest strike and honest tree on my gyp with the meat. He may only be a 'PR' dog but i have been waxed by him a few times. I really like all but one thing about him. He chews some. Still a nice tree dog. He has impressed me every time Ive seen him cut loose. Call John to go for a hunt and check him out.

Old Post 12-13-2012 11:11 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Dave. Jimmy is in the handful of dogs that I consider my most enjoyable dogs that I have owned. I'm going to miss him when he's gone. Hopefully Jimmy Jr (AKA JJ) will fill his shoes when he is gone.

Old Post 12-14-2012 09:17 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!!!!

Old Post 12-24-2012 06:43 PM