UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Treeing Walkers: Dogs and Puppies For Sale > 5 year old finished walker female
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
brycejohnson
New UKC Forum Member

5 year old finished walker female

I have a finished 5 year old walker female for sale. She would make an excellent pup trainer. I’ve had her her whole life and raised several litters out of her. I’m selling her because I have too many dogs and her pups have made better hounds then she is. Somebody will really enjoy her.
She isn’t perfect, but trees lots of coon. I have positives and negatives listed out on her.

Pros:
1. She knows the ropes, she’s been hunted several times a week all over Oklahoma and a bunch of other states her whole life. She gets gone in a hurry when you cut her, rigs, roads, and has had allot of miles hunting off horseback.
2. Handles perfectly: I never use a lead chain, she comes when called, even off the tree, and follows you out. She comes, loads, casts, sits, gets ahead of truck, wheeler, or horse all on command.
4. Good mouth: Bawl and chop and you can hear her for a long ways.
5. Gets gone when you cut her. She goes as far as she needs to get struck and gets there fast.
6. Track driver: She is warm nosed but can move a track.
7. Tree dog: She locates fast and is reared up on the wood barking every breath all night long. I’ve had her treed for more then 4 hours by herself before and she was still barking every breath when I got there.
8. Straight: she would probably join in if other dogs struck off game but I haven’t had a trash race from her in several years.
9. Good natured, gets along with every person including little kids and dog and every animal on the farm.
10. Raises awesome pups. She’s had 3 litters. She raised every single pup and every single pup that was given a chance did something and there are several super elite young dogs out of her.

Cons

1. She makes allot of slicks. When she’s laid up and not hunted much she’s about 50 percent accurate. When she’s hunted up good she’s more like 60-70 percent. I’ve had her be 4 for 4 a bunch of nights but I’ve had her 2-4 more nights then that.
2. If other dogs are out and she’s left in she is whiny in the box. She knows what a shock collar is but it hurts her heart when she isn’t in on the action.

Located in Konawa OK
Come hunt and check her out
Call or text Bryce Johnson
760-977-1414

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-07-2020 09:07 PM
brycejohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brycejohnson Click here to Send brycejohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email brycejohnson Find more posts by brycejohnson Add brycejohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote