UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Big Game Hound Classifieds > Bear Catch Dog
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
1whitedog
UKC Forum Member

Bear Catch Dog

4 year old walker male intact, not registered. He is out of outstanding bear stock. Good feet and medium built dog. Not perfect but will tree a bunch of bear by himself. The reason he is for sale is that we have some young dogs that are treeing a very high percentage of them with no help. Will give one week trial with cash in hand, price is firm, serious calls/text only please. On a trial ,dog will be picked up here in Rockingham County VA and returned here if not liked.
The Good: Very fast with a ton of grit. You can pack him from anywhere if he can here them he will get there. He will be the last dog off a mean bear. He does rig a medium track. I have hunted him loose with no trash problem but I hunt my dogs with shockers on. This is the same way I free cast them around the farm so they learn how to hunt and handle.
The bad: He is a dog with a lot of energy and his fault is until he gets run down a little bit he will over run a track some times. I don’t use him as a cold trail dog for the same reason, even though he has a good nose his feet move faster than his brain on a cold track.
If he is being hunted a couple or more times a week it keeps the edge off him and he settles down a lot. He has treed many bear alone for me but I did not hunt him much until recently this year because we were concentrating on the young dogs. I have hunted him recently to get the edge off of him. He is good around the house. 540 383 7013. Not on computer much, call or text.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-02-2014 09:30 PM
1whitedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1whitedog Click here to Send 1whitedog a Private Message Find more posts by 1whitedog Add 1whitedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1whitedog
UKC Forum Member

$3000 firm is price

Old Post 11-02-2014 09:34 PM
1whitedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1whitedog Click here to Send 1whitedog a Private Message Find more posts by 1whitedog Add 1whitedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1whitedog
UKC Forum Member

bear dog

Still have this dog. He did a great job on a couple mean bear this fall and I couldn't bring my self to sell him. I kept him this spring until I made sure my young dogs were going to pick up where they left off. He is a one dog pack on medium or better tracks
.I will give a two week trial with cash in hand. Would consider taken some cattle on trade.

Old Post 05-21-2015 05:27 PM