UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Tree jacking
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

It sure is a lot easier to train bad habits in than it is to break them from bad habits.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-05-2019 04:21 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

If used properly the alpha is the greatest training aid ever made you know where they are at always and I haven’t had one be able to outrun it or run through it yet.

Tar

Old Post 05-05-2019 04:43 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

If you want break dog take a heavy pad lock or old style window weight. Tie it to piece thin nylon rope. And tie other end to bottom of dogs collar. Where lock is hitting dog in middle chest. He Jack's tree few night that lock hit him in chest and get sore and he will quit.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 05-05-2019 04:56 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildwilly0161
UKC Forum Member

l.p.w.

l.p.w. your PM. box is full, give me a call at 419-969-0001 and I'll teach you in exchange for an honest reference of the results we get !!!
Please do not Shock your young Hound, there is a simpler way, let me explain.

I Highly Recommend, NOT Using a shock Collar to correct K9 aggression, over 90% of all dogs will become More Aggressive if shocked after they themselves show aggression first. ( Jacking the Tree is Missed Placed Aggression ) Once they are in aggression mode and shocked, they will associate the correction as the other dog/ situation, Causing it and their aggression Will worsen because he simply won't understand.
Rather we will set up a line of communication with our dog first, so that he may understand what we want out of him. Then we will break every training step down into smaller segments that he Can understand! We then make Sure to achieve each individual step before we move to the next one ensuring we will get the Results we want !!!

!! Shock Collars Ruin more Dogs than any other cause that I know of today !!

Most people that I teach this subject to, do not truly understand how a shocking collar is actually supposed to be used. Shocking systems (E-collars) are NOT training tools. Rather they are long-range reinforcement devices of already learned behaviors!!! This is the simplest quickest way to use a shock collar correctly. With my method, my Hound always understands what he is getting stimulated for and because of this, it takes lighter stimulation to achieve the desired behavior without the dog shutting down. The Hounds understanding of the stimulation is crucial, to the speed of the result, of the long-range, positive response!
Once I teach you how it truly works you will never have to worry about Tree Jacking again !!!

Click link to see our Upcoming library Obedience Video !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TtkiewjtvM

Home of Dual GR.CH. !! Bad Boy Brussel !!

GR.CH.GR.NITE.CH.BRUSSEL SPROUTS ROAST
(((((((One of the smartest coon hounds on the Face of the EARTH))))))) 40 verbal comands 20 hand signals !! Amazing In the Woods!!!!
Pm for DVD Video !!

Wild Willy's Way to Complete Coon Hound Control training system / Specializing in Coonhound Control and Scent Training Scent Hounds !!! With Positive Reinforcement Methods !!! Click the link to watch WildWilly'sWay to 10 minute Loading training- Quick Tip
https://youtu.be/zUa7hT7Tbgg See a Sneak Peek of our beliefs on Off Game Breaking with this link- Off game Breaking https://youtu.be/tVouPD95P9s

Last edited by wildwilly0161 on 05-13-2019 at 08:25 PM

Old Post 05-13-2019 08:22 PM
wildwilly0161 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildwilly0161 Click here to Send wildwilly0161 a Private Message Click Here to Email wildwilly0161 Find more posts by wildwilly0161 Add wildwilly0161 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

^ ^ ^ ^

doesnt get any cheaper than that !!!!!!
Thats the kind of man Willy is right there ... just wanting to help a man help his dog !!

If I knew then what I knew now I would have paid Willy double what he charged me.

Old Post 05-13-2019 10:32 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: ^ ^ ^ ^

quote:
Originally posted by Toad Hill
doesnt get any cheaper than that !!!!!!
Thats the kind of man Willy is right there ... just wanting to help a man help his dog !!

If I knew then what I knew now I would have paid Willy double what he charged me.

Maybe it's just me but either offer free help here or advertise on the classifieds like everyone else. There are many that post on this section that also may have goods or services they sell but no others advertise them here in post.
If Willy would like to offer his help either spell it out for the world to see or a simple "I sent you a PM" post would do.
I do not see Bruce asking for an honest reference or minimal fee everytime he tells someone how to fix their Garmin, he gives free advice asking for nothing in return. I don't see Michael or Josh or Mr. Dalton peddling their goods here. There are others here that hunt and or train dogs, never have I seen any ask for any $ or future reference for them to gain monetary benefits from advice they may give.
Willy if you have a book advertise it in the classifieds, if you offer training advice for a fee advertise in the classifieds. Here it should be "I sent you a PM" and nothing further or tell all for free right here with nothing asked for in return.
Sorry my rant for the day.
Jen

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 05-14-2019 03:36 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: ^ ^ ^ ^

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Maybe it's just me but either offer free help here or advertise on the classifieds like everyone else. There are many that post on this section that also may have goods or services they sell but no others advertise them here in post.
If Willy would like to offer his help either spell it out for the world to see or a simple "I sent you a PM" post would do.
I do not see Bruce asking for an honest reference or minimal fee everytime he tells someone how to fix their Garmin, he gives free advice asking for nothing in return. I don't see Michael or Josh or Mr. Dalton peddling their goods here. There are others here that hunt and or train dogs, never have I seen any ask for any $ or future reference for them to gain monetary benefits from advice they may give.
Willy if you have a book advertise it in the classifieds, if you offer training advice for a fee advertise in the classifieds. Here it should be "I sent you a PM" and nothing further or tell all for free right here with nothing asked for
in return.

Sorry my rant for the day.
Jen

Yep what she said !!

Tar

Old Post 05-14-2019 11:29 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

I guess if yall have a problem with the rules being followed contact the moderators to delete the thread. Makes me no difference at all as Im not selling anything. HOWEVER I WILL brag on whomever i wish !!

Old Post 05-14-2019 02:37 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, Tarbaby is now the message board police. What is the world coming to? Lpw asked if anyone knew how to break a dog from jacking a tree. Wild Willy offered to help him. If you can't help lpw, why is anyone getting upset because Willy said that he can?

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 05-14-2019 at 02:44 PM

Old Post 05-14-2019 02:41 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Yes for a price he did and has continued to advertise for a price on the main board.

Tar

Old Post 05-14-2019 02:52 PM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Boots, scawlers, lights people that deal in them don't reply to those threads????? Hmmmm

Old Post 05-14-2019 02:53 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy head
Boots, scawlers, lights people that deal in them don't reply to those threads????? Hmmmm

Very seldom and usually only when asked about a specific product. They know the board rules and advertise their products in the classifieds. The PR they do here may draw people to their products but they don't do pushy sales on this side.
I'm not advocating for Willy not to help someone but if it comes with a price as he first asked or a reference which would bring him future monetary gain it should be by PM alone. Free advice for the world to see, bring it on.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 05-14-2019 03:16 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Very seldom and usually only when asked about a specific product. They know the board rules and advertise their products in the classifieds. The PR they do here may draw people to their products but they don't do pushy sales on this side.
I'm not advocating for Willy not to help someone but if it comes with a price as he first asked or a reference which would bring him future monetary gain it should be by PM alone. Free advice for the world to see, bring it on.

Wrong

Old Post 05-14-2019 03:34 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Curtis I gave you free advise about smoked bologna and forever changed your life !!

Tar

Old Post 05-14-2019 03:37 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I see ads for hunts on this site. Is that wrong?

Old Post 05-14-2019 03:41 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
I see ads for hunts on this site. Is that wrong?

No it isn't as long as it is not a hunt of a different kennel club.
UKC
Official UKC Announcement
Effective: 11-11-2012Terms of Use

UKC reserves the right to moderate the UKC message boards and any posts found to be in violation of any of the terms listed below will be deleted. Any person(s) in violation of these terms are subject to suspension or permanent removal from the UKC message boards.

Posts that harass, personally attack, abuse or threaten others; have derogatory terms, obscenities or otherwise objectionable content or are slanderous in nature. These, along with any generally condescending posts will be edited or removed at the UKC and/or UKC appointed moderator's discretion.

Profanity:_A language filter is in place to catch most major forms of profanity that may accidentally be used. Do not attempt to circumvent the language filter by using variations or slight misspellings of profanities.

Messages containing violent, sexually oriented, or illegal content_will be deleted and could result in suspension._

Posting in a way that provokes negative responses or appears to be intended to start an argument or is likely to cause an argument,_rather than enhance discussion, will be removed without notice._

Promotion of competitors programs or events._

!!!****Classified advertisements may only be posted on the classified boards._Posts regarding the transportation of dogs may only be made on the forum for that topic and will be removed from discussion boards.

UKCDogs.com, and its parent corporation United Kennel Club, Inc., assume no responsibility or liability for the content of the posts present on this board. Those individuals posting on the UKC message boards accept full responsibility for the content of their posts._

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 05-14-2019 04:23 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Official UKC Announcement
Effective: 11-11-2012Terms of Use
Posting in a way that provokes negative responses or appears to be intended to start an argument or is likely to cause an argument,_rather than enhance discussion, will be removed without notice._
._

Oh my goodness....

Old Post 05-14-2019 04:43 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I understand it (3) times more than most.

Tarbaby

Old Post 05-14-2019 04:47 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Richard as much as you enjoy poking the bear the season stays open on you year round. lol

Old Post 05-14-2019 05:00 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Somebody has to keep him awake or he would just sleep all of the time. I am careful to just gently prod "the bear" so I don't make him too mad.

Old Post 05-14-2019 05:17 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I understand it (3) times more than most.

Tarbaby

Did you get any warnings first or was u scratched on the spot ?

Old Post 05-14-2019 05:53 PM
yadkintar
Banned

1. Disagreement over sprinkles on the donuts.
2. To persistent on rule changes.
3. Called somebody of high stature in the company a big dummy.

In all three cases justice was served immediately! I had to shovel snow at headquarters for part of my sentence.

Tarbaby

Old Post 05-14-2019 06:18 PM
tsbtater
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, Tarbaby is now the message board police. What is the world coming to? Lpw asked if anyone knew how to break a dog from jacking a tree. Wild Willy offered to help him. If you can't help lpw, why is anyone getting upset because Willy said that he can?

Well said Mr. Lambert. Guy asked for help, someone offered to help and a snowflake or two blow a gasket.

I guess the only training advice you are supposed to offer is the normal "Shock him" Shoot him" or "Stomp him". Those seem to be the go-to training advice for just about everything on this board.

Tree dog people consistently demonstrate why we are our own worst enemy. Attack each other over something so petty.

Old Post 05-15-2019 04:10 AM
tsbtater is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tsbtater Click here to Send tsbtater a Private Message Click Here to Email tsbtater Find more posts by tsbtater Add tsbtater to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by tsbtater
Well said Mr. Lambert. Guy asked for help, someone offered to help and a snowflake or two blow a gasket.

I guess the only training advice you are supposed to offer is the normal "Shock him" Shoot him" or "Stomp him". Those seem to be the go-to training advice for just about everything on this board.

Tree dog people consistently demonstrate why we are our own worst enemy. Attack each other over something so petty.

I'm all for Willy or anyone else offering FREE advice here my post was in no way to be derogatory towards anyone offering help. My point is there is a place for advertising goods and services and it's not on this section. No one else gets away with it. If anyone has an idea they charge for do it by PM, otherwise post your help here for all to see.
Yes there are ways to train dogs through positive reinforcement that stops many problems before they start. Bottom line is there are many ways to break bad habits that are successful something that works on one may not another.
If one is looking for someone to hunt, start or break a dog from one bad habit or another and willing to pay a fee there is a section for that... found in the classifieds. If your posting you goods or services here your in the wrong spot, not snowflake ideals just facts. Imagine if everyday these things and vendor items were listed here. This would no longer be a discussion board it would be enadated with things for sale. Even post about dogs that have been dead for thirty years get moved by moderators to their respective breed pages. Call it controlling the chaos.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 05-15-2019 04:30 AM
Blaze P.
Banned

How about ukc and the moderators worry about who posts what and remind everyone of the rules, and the rest quit trying to rule the roost?

Old Post 05-15-2019 01:15 PM
Blaze P. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaze P. Click here to Send Blaze P. a Private Message Find more posts by Blaze P. Add Blaze P. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote