UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dog food recall
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jawscardodger
UKC Forum Member

Dog food recall

Dog food recall
https://animals.awm.com/fda-recalls...r /> 7bpxdhp0n6

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-15-2022 05:01 PM
jawscardodger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jawscardodger Click here to Send jawscardodger a Private Message Click Here to Email jawscardodger Find more posts by jawscardodger Add jawscardodger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JMiller
UKC Forum Member

So it doesn't say what to do with the feed if you are using it and its recalled. Do you return it to the dealer you bought it from or what?

Old Post 08-15-2022 07:40 PM
JMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JMiller Click here to Send JMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email JMiller Find more posts by JMiller Add JMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Looks like sportsmix is at it again…I lost one to sportsmix 4 or five years ago and had the rest of my dogs get really sick before I figured out it was the sportsmix…

Like I have said before…fed sportsmix for many years before it became an issue…

Old Post 08-16-2022 02:13 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

I fed Sportmix for years, but about 6-7 months ago, dogs started to eat there own poop, had to feed about 1/3 more to maintain weight. I keep my feed in a plastic container and noticed it had changed color. I called and inquired, they said they had changed nothing.
I knew better, and switched dog food. Looks like I am glad I did.

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Old Post 08-16-2022 02:39 AM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Harley Dan 1956…

Same here…I don’t use a measuring cup when I feed but know how much to feed as the weather warms or gets cold…and like you I was feeding one third more trying to maintain a decent weight…I hung in there for a while but finally had to throw in the towel…one dog died and others got pretty sick..swapped feeds and dogs got better and took about a month to recover…

Old Post 08-16-2022 03:32 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pztrailman
UKC Forum Member

I checked with my Sportmix distributor to see if there was new recall. I sent him the article. He checked with Sportmix. At this time they do not have a problem at any of their plants. He said the article is referring to last years recall.

Old Post 08-16-2022 10:13 PM
pztrailman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pztrailman Click here to Send pztrailman a Private Message Click Here to Email pztrailman Find more posts by pztrailman Add pztrailman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pztrailman
UKC Forum Member

I checked with my Sportmix distributor to see if there was new recall. I sent him the article. He checked with Sportmix. At this time they do not have a problem at any of their plants. He said the article is referring to last years recall.

Old Post 08-16-2022 10:13 PM
pztrailman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pztrailman Click here to Send pztrailman a Private Message Click Here to Email pztrailman Find more posts by pztrailman Add pztrailman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pztrailman

What I posted was just 6-7 months ago. Something changed. Maybe no recall, but something changed.

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.

Old Post 08-17-2022 05:36 AM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
muzzymomentless
UKC Forum Member

Sport mix

What's everyone switching to? Been feeding sport mix blue bag for awhile but have noticed a change lately.

Old Post 08-17-2022 09:41 PM
muzzymomentless is offline Click Here to See the Profile for muzzymomentless Click here to Send muzzymomentless a Private Message Click Here to Email muzzymomentless Find more posts by muzzymomentless Add muzzymomentless to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

"The Pride". 24/20. Love the way it keeps my dogs up

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:

Gone but never forgotten

Old Post 08-18-2022 12:08 AM
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by harleydan1956
What I posted was just 6-7 months ago. Something changed. Maybe no recall, but something changed.

When I went through the same issues with sportsmix…there was no recall but I most definitely saw the change…

Took a month or so to recover once I swapped to Valu Pak

Old Post 08-18-2022 02:46 AM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

I've fed sportmix blue bag for over 4 yrs to all my dogs except one. Always loved it and dogs done very well on it .
This makes the 2nd recall in what ? the last 1.5 yrs ?
I'm DONE with em now.
I'm not taking any chances .

Ive wanted to switch to and try the Pride for a few months now but cant find it in my area .

I Went to Extreme Dog Fuel . Will see how it goes.

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 08-22-2022 04:19 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
medicman_stark
UKC Forum Member

I looked on the FDA recall page. Sportmix is not listed recently. I don’t know where this website got it’s information.

Old Post 08-27-2022 11:25 PM
medicman_stark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for medicman_stark Click here to Send medicman_stark a Private Message Click Here to Email medicman_stark Find more posts by medicman_stark Add medicman_stark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnnyRingo20
UKC Forum Member

Post should be deleted.

Old Post 08-29-2022 12:57 AM
JohnnyRingo20 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyRingo20 Click here to Send JohnnyRingo20 a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyRingo20 Add JohnnyRingo20 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote