UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Things I’ve noticed/learned lately
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

Things I’ve noticed/learned lately

I have been around coonhunting a long time, but couldn’t really commit time to it like I had always wanted until I retired from the Air Force in 2014 after 24 years of service. I get extreme pride and reward by producing puppies that people can maybe achieve their own goals...that is why I have a kennel. For the pleasure and excitement of this sport. So, last year I decided to get into it and bought a few nice “Quality” females....everyone says, the females are the key, so I started there. I then bought a Nailor semen male (Hawk)....which died Aug 3 before I even got to see him. I was lucky to have someone offer to sell me theirs, which is how I got Kid. When I bought him and hunted him...he missed more than I liked and I consulted with Mr. Jess Dickerson which told me these pups were started on squirrels young which would explain some of it. I hunted him more and more and his accuracy improved rapidly with correction. I hired a person to hunt him for 45 days and they shot many coons to him....when the time was right he hunted in the remaining few hunts he needed and finished to GRAND. Whether he was the only dog to show up or only one cast....the rules are the rules. His entry fees where paid, he treed coons and he got his wins and is now a GRNTCH. Is he perfect....no, but he is mine and I feed him, so that is what matters to me. He is directly out of Nailor and there aren’t many left. I am not going to turn him loose again until he is collected....we tried last week, but he didn’t like his wiener touched, so he is not an easy collector. Once I have a few breedings, I have no problem showing him anytime.

Things I’ve noticed:
This sport is filled with jealousy and greed. People concern themselves too much with what others are doing in their yard than their own. I just don’t understand why people worry about what females I am breeding. This business is small and if people talk, it will get back....some have been mad because I am breeding for free....again, how is that hurting anyone. Timothy Ball said one time, the only way to see if a dog reproduces is to breed them, so that’s what I am doing. With everything I’ve heard, I’ve not one time confronted them....I really don’t care.

People say the NTCH and GRNTCH titles don’t matter to them, but then nobody will buy pups...or if you do have NTCH or GRNTCH bred puppies, people will say they are fake. I will say this, every female I own has, can or will tree coons in the wild, not on buckets or fake videos. In addition, none of my females or Kid is own thyroid pills or any other pills to try and make them do more. I bought most of them first, so I would have great females.

Kid has bred 20 females in the last 14 months
10 GRNTCHs (one being a Gold Champion and 7 of them being all grand))
4 NTCHs
2 PR females (both directly out of WLDNTCHs)
4 other PR females that people are extremely proud of that are coondogs

So, to the ones saying I am breeding crap females, they are mistaken.

His oldest litter is 12 months old...most puppies are 5 months old....there are none for sale and I have a waiting list for pups. They are smart, showing to be early starters, and great acting pups.

I plan to continue doing what I am doing....raising high quality, top bred treeing walker puppies so people have a chance to own a good one. I am not in the stud dog business, I am in the awesome puppy business. There are other great stud dogs out there and I plan to breed to some of them, like MADCAP or Gunslinger...or even others.

I have met some amazing people in this process which makes it all worth it.

Sorry so long and I hope everyone understands what I am saying, and if it applies to you about worrying about what I’m doing....please don’t worry, there are enough females in your areas that will not travel thousands of miles to me.

Tim
#NailorNation

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-17-2019 10:25 PM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tim Green

Well spoken, stay true to yourself my friend. Good luck in the future. Dave

Old Post 04-17-2019 10:46 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hittman
UKC Forum Member

Well said Tim. You know your turning heads when poeple start talking smack. Every good product has critics. I wouldn't sweat it. It would just push me harder to piss them off. Me and Dixie will be coming to see you in a couple months. I cant wait for my Kid pups.

Old Post 04-18-2019 12:42 AM
Hittman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hittman Click here to Send Hittman a Private Message Click Here to Email Hittman Find more posts by Hittman Add Hittman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MR.RATMAN
Banned

Very well said Tim that is what is killing this sport and is why I'm about done with the hunts myself and just pleasure hunting. I really enjoyed talking to you on the phone and if you weren't so far away I would be bringing my female to you. Good luck to you and if you ever want to send a Male pup up my way let me know. And like I told you if you get him collected in Indiana I'm more than interested

PKC CH Byers Boogar Hollow D
( Mojo On Tap X Midnight Fly )

Old Post 04-18-2019 04:47 AM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

I remember Nocturnal Nailor...he was in the spotlight for a while and still is talked about...he was one of those few hounds that had that “AIR” of greatness about him...

Old Post 04-18-2019 01:43 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Tim just keep doing the voodo that you do so well.

Tar

Old Post 04-18-2019 01:46 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

I always heard this was only a issue with the off breeds. LOL

Old Post 04-18-2019 02:41 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

Obviously there is more to this then we we know, and that is good cause I don’t want to know all the gossip anyway. Breed what you like and stay focused on your goals. It sounds like you have done more then most to get good pups. And most of all thank you for your service to our country!

Old Post 04-18-2019 11:18 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement. My goal is as it has been from the beginning...produce a good balanced hound. Meet people and enjoy or sport. I am more of a pleasure hunter than anything, but enjoy seeing people excel with pups I have produced.

My post is just a blanket statement based on what I have experienced in the last 6 months.

Thanks again

Tim

Old Post 04-19-2019 12:05 AM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chaz2012
Banned

Re: Things I’ve noticed/learned lately

quote:
Originally posted by Tim Green

Things I’ve noticed:
This sport is filled with jealousy and greed. People concern themselves too much with what others are doing in their yard than their own. I just don’t understand why people worry about what females I am breeding. This business is small and if people talk, it will get back....some have been mad because I am breeding for free....again, how is that hurting anyone. Timothy Ball said one time, the only way to see if a dog reproduces is to breed them, so that’s what I am doing. With everything I’ve heard, I’ve not one time confronted them....I really don’t care.

People say the NTCH and GRNTCH titles don’t matter to them, but then nobody will buy pups...or if you do have NTCH or GRNTCH bred puppies, people will say they are fake. I will say this, every female I own has, can or will tree coons in the wild, not on buckets or fake videos. In addition, none of my females or Kid is own thyroid pills or any other pills to try and make them do more. I bought most of them first, so I would have great females.

Tim
#NailorNation

Hell its been like that forever and your just noticing it .

Charlie Portwood Jr.

Old Post 04-19-2019 03:45 PM
chaz2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chaz2012 Click here to Send chaz2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email chaz2012 Find more posts by chaz2012 Add chaz2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

I guess having a dog people want to breed to has amplified it. Only really been doing this since August with a male dog, so I guess seeing this other side of it is sad.

Old Post 04-19-2019 04:21 PM
4play
UKC Forum Member

Good thing......

You aren't in Blue Clique.You'd see way more jealousy,back stabbing within.

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 04-19-2019 07:42 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

4play

That kind of behavior is why the breed has suffered, United we stand divided we fall applies to all things. Unity has it's advantages . Dave

Old Post 04-19-2019 07:55 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

Burrito Tim!

On a side note Tim I still haven't got to try any of those gourmet breakfast burritos! LOL