UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Long Live Lipper
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

Long Live Lipper

One of our male pups we call ROOSTER ,HE is out of a Cade male and a direct daughter to Lipper x Rank daughter ,We are excited about his future.......................................

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-19-2008 03:00 AM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

This one may have a little in him too..... lol

Old Post 08-19-2008 03:06 AM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Brickles
UKC Forum Member

GOT TO LOVE THAT LIPPER BLOOD!!!!!I LIKE AS MUCH LIPPER IN MINE AS I CAN GET, MY BUDDY JUST BRED A SOLID LIPPER BRED FEMALE TO A SOLID CLOVER MALE, TOLD HIM I GOT TO HAVE ONE!!!!

CH PR TREE TALKIN PORK CHOP (2ND, 2- 3RDS,4TH) UKC
PR SERAS TREE TALKIN DELILAH
PR VIPERS DEADLY BLACK MAGIC (B&T)

Old Post 08-19-2008 03:45 AM
Ron Brickles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Brickles Click here to Send Ron Brickles a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Brickles Find more posts by Ron Brickles Add Ron Brickles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Brickles
UKC Forum Member

BY THE WAY GOOD LOOKIN HOUNDS

Old Post 08-19-2008 03:46 AM
Ron Brickles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Brickles Click here to Send Ron Brickles a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Brickles Find more posts by Ron Brickles Add Ron Brickles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Russell Boyette
UKC Forum Member

That is the best looking pup i have seen in awhile!

(205) 712-4326

• PKC Ch 'PR' Triple X-Rated
http://www.hunt101.com/img/342861.jpg

• NITECH Beaver Creek Knothead
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n220/RBoyette/KnotHead-2.jpg

• Death Row Psycho aka "De"
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n220/RBoyette/Dee11-10-a.jpg

• 'PR' Skuna River Style
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n220/RBoyette/Stone2.jpg

**R.I.P.**
UKC NITECH - PKC CH
'PR'Beaver Creek Stylish Nellie
http://www.hunt101.com/img/369634.jpg

Old Post 08-19-2008 05:03 AM
Russell Boyette is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Russell Boyette Click here to Send Russell Boyette a Private Message Click Here to Email Russell Boyette Find more posts by Russell Boyette Add Russell Boyette to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
V. Cannon
UKC Forum Member

Lipper

Did you ever hunt with Lipper?

Old Post 08-19-2008 05:12 AM
V. Cannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for V. Cannon Click here to Send V. Cannon a Private Message Find more posts by V. Cannon Add V. Cannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Backwater_52
Banned

Re: Lipper

quote:
Originally posted by V. Cannon
Did you ever hunt with Lipper?

if he had then he wouldnt be so gung ho about lipper dogs

Old Post 08-19-2008 05:57 AM
Backwater_52 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Backwater_52 Click here to Send Backwater_52 a Private Message Find more posts by Backwater_52 Add Backwater_52 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
V. Cannon
UKC Forum Member

I saw Lipper go and about all I want to say is that he had a good mouth.

Old Post 08-19-2008 06:02 AM
V. Cannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for V. Cannon Click here to Send V. Cannon a Private Message Find more posts by V. Cannon Add V. Cannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Backwater_52
Banned

quote:
I saw Lipper go and about all I want to say is that he had a good mouth.

i bet the big slickhead he was running thought that too

Old Post 08-19-2008 06:07 AM
Backwater_52 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Backwater_52 Click here to Send Backwater_52 a Private Message Find more posts by Backwater_52 Add Backwater_52 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
V. Cannon
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Backwater_52
i bet the big slickhead he was running thought that too

I don't know what she was thinking when he ran her across the next county.

Old Post 08-19-2008 06:15 AM
Backwater_52
Banned

quote:
I don't know what she was thinking when he ran her across the next county.

that must have been before Mac bought lipper. he made alot better dog after the purchase. even though Mac told me he had only turned lipper loose a couple times after he bought him.

Old Post 08-19-2008 06:17 AM
V. Cannon
UKC Forum Member

mac had that effect on a lot of dogs but most reverted back to their old ways when sold.

Old Post 08-19-2008 06:22 AM
Backwater_52
Banned

i dont think Mac gets enough credit as a hype man. he was every bit as good as Rev. Ball. i always wondered why joe house never jumped on the bandwagon of such a great dog that beared his name? lol

Old Post 08-19-2008 06:26 AM
Redbone Crazy
UKC Forum Member

good lookin dogs!! Beautiful Pup!!

Keep the hounds on the trails...

Old Post 08-19-2008 06:36 AM
Redbone Crazy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redbone Crazy Click here to Send Redbone Crazy a Private Message Click Here to Email Redbone Crazy Visit Redbone Crazy's homepage! Find more posts by Redbone Crazy Add Redbone Crazy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

BOYS , I DONT CARE HOW LIPPER HUNTED,when crossed with the right females , MOUTH, LOOKS ABILITY..............

Old Post 08-19-2008 12:08 PM
pete
UKC Forum Member

conrad - good looking pups -

if he had then he wouldnt be so gung ho about lipper dogs

i never hunted with lipper but i hunted 4 pups out of him -

2 of those pups were some of best ive ever seen for nose and voice - they were just bear dogs - never saw a nite hunt lol

they could fly on a track an average dog couldnt wag its tail on

at that time - id never seen that kind of a nose on a walker-

20 years later--- i havent seen many to compare--

most of the ones that did were tight lipper bred-

anyways --- if you told me lipper never ran anything but a deer - it wouldnt hurt my feelings any

Old Post 08-19-2008 12:10 PM
pete is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pete Click here to Send pete a Private Message Click Here to Email pete Visit pete's homepage! Find more posts by pete Add pete to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Brickles
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CONRAD FRYAR
BOYS , I DONT CARE HOW LIPPER HUNTED,when crossed with the right females , MOUTH, LOOKS ABILITY..............

i agree SOME OF THE BEST I HAVE EVER HUNTED WERE LIPPER BRED HOUNDS,HERES A COUPLE OF MINE AND THOSE WHO DOUBT LIPPER HOUNDS BRING YOUR BEST LETS PUT THEM TO THE TEST!!!!!

Old Post 08-19-2008 12:24 PM
bandithunter
UKC Forum Member

Lipper dogs do like deer,BUT when you get them broke they are darn hard to beat and you don't need a tracking collar to know where they are. They can be broke, it just takes a strong personality in the owner to get it done. I don't like walkers ,but if you put a gun to my head and forced me it would be lipper and nothing else.

Old Post 08-19-2008 12:25 PM
bandithunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bandithunter Click here to Send bandithunter a Private Message Click Here to Email bandithunter Find more posts by bandithunter Add bandithunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Brickles
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bandithunter
Lipper dogs do like deer,BUT when you get them broke they are darn hard to beat and you don't need a tracking collar to know where they are. They can be broke, it just takes a strong personality in the owner to get it done. I don't like walkers ,but if you put a gun to my head and forced me it would be lipper and nothing else.

SO YOU GUYS THINK LIPPER HOUNDS ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO RUN DEER AS PUPS OR UNTIL BROKE, EVERY BLOOD LINE IN EVERY BREED HAS HAD YOUNG DOGS THAT HAS TO BE BROKE OF SOME TYPE OF TRASH!!!! JMO

Old Post 08-19-2008 12:51 PM
bandithunter
UKC Forum Member

No, most any dog will run some junk. My old dog ran three deer in his life. The third one he opened one bark and came in and told on a lipper dog. My young dog out of John Carroll's Jewel dog hasn't run any junk and he's comming two years old. They both have had ample oportunity to chase deer and assorted other junk. The difference is this: I seen my sons lipper male get burned down three times running just to stop him on a deer with a darn good shock collar. His last deer was on snow and I was in the track waiting for him when he arrived. He grew older and wiser and wouldn't back another dog on a possum or anything else but coon. They can be molded but they are not for the faint of heart.

Old Post 08-19-2008 01:07 PM
bandithunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bandithunter Click here to Send bandithunter a Private Message Click Here to Email bandithunter Find more posts by bandithunter Add bandithunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MRC
UKC Forum Member

I have to agree with bandithunter. IF you are man enough to get a Lipper dog broke off of trash, the you've got a heckuva coondog. But the couple that I've fooled with were the trashiest, hard headedest dogs I've ever seen. LOL I like the lipper blood watered down a little.

Old Post 08-19-2008 01:27 PM
MRC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MRC Click here to Send MRC a Private Message Click Here to Email MRC Find more posts by MRC Add MRC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redbone Crazy
UKC Forum Member

i agree with bandit hunter and MRC!!!

Keep the hounds on the trails...

Old Post 08-19-2008 05:05 PM
Redbone Crazy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redbone Crazy Click here to Send Redbone Crazy a Private Message Click Here to Email Redbone Crazy Visit Redbone Crazy's homepage! Find more posts by Redbone Crazy Add Redbone Crazy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pete
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bandithunter
They can be molded but they are not for the faint of heart.

i like that , that describes quite a few of the better hounds ive seen -

Old Post 08-19-2008 06:39 PM
pete is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pete Click here to Send pete a Private Message Click Here to Email pete Visit pete's homepage! Find more posts by pete Add pete to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

THIS LITTLE FEMALE LINEBRED LIPPER......

Old Post 08-19-2008 09:41 PM
Knox
UKC Forum Member

Lipper

I love the style of hounds that Lipper produced and still being seen today from his offspring.He put the HUGE SCREAMING mouth, with alot of heart and desire. Some were a little hard headed, and some didnt care much for strangers......but could run that old cold feed track like it was red hot, tree and have the coon......................I never had a chance to hunt with Lipper, but have hunted with plenty of hounds out of him, and Grand-pups out of him..............

In my book, it just dont get any better than Lipper........

..................................................Tim

=====================

Last edited by Knox on 08-20-2008 at 03:27 AM

Old Post 08-19-2008 09:41 PM
Knox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Knox Click here to Send Knox a Private Message Click Here to Email Knox Find more posts by Knox Add Knox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote