UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Rabble Rouser...Next generations...
Pages (115): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Redbone Crazy
UKC Forum Member

good looking dog OUTLAW REDBONE!!

Keep the hounds on the trails...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-23-2009 03:07 AM
Redbone Crazy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redbone Crazy Click here to Send Redbone Crazy a Private Message Click Here to Email Redbone Crazy Visit Redbone Crazy's homepage! Find more posts by Redbone Crazy Add Redbone Crazy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Weather

The pictures of you guys and Haze looks good, it's easy to see that you all were having a real good time this last weekend. We'll hope that we can get out pretty quick and start making a dent in the local competition scene but...

Friday night and Saturday morning we got 5" of snow. This morning it was 11 below zero...this winter sucks!

We had a good start with training but this puts things at a standstill again. It's supposed to warm up over the next couple of days but then rain and snow and then cold again by the weekend...

I hope the rest of you folks are able to enjoy some later winter and early spring hunting because we sure have been tipped sideways here in the north and it seems to just hang on and hang on.

We'll be back at it as soon as this weather breaks and I'll enjoy getting some good hunting pictures posted as we leave winter behind and move on towards spring and better times in the woods.

Unrealistic expectations are a roadblock to success, judge your dogs by what they are ready to give not by what you wish they'd do.

Old Post 02-24-2009 01:59 AM
topdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topdog Click here to Send topdog a Private Message Click Here to Email topdog Visit topdog's homepage! Find more posts by topdog Add topdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

Solo

Hey Tom,
I took Hernie and Sledge out tonight. I do not like to hunt solo but it was fun. First drop treed and had the meat. On the way back to the truck Hurnie started pulling. I cut her and took Sledge on to the truck. As I was putting the him the dog box Hernie opened up. Just a few min she was treed. I picked up the gun and off I go. Hernie was blowing the top out. When I got to the tree it was a den. Ol well, I patted her on the head and came on home.

This is of the first tree

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Click Here To Visit Web Site

Home of:

GRNITECH GRCH T-TOP DARK TIMBER MOOSE.....CO-OWNER Tom Solberg
GRNITCH L'S DARK TIMBER WENDY.....CO-OWNER Richard Lambert
NITECH GRCH DARK TIMBER RED ANGUS <AKA> DA BULL CO OWNER Jeremy Erho
'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM DARK TMBER ADDY CO-OWNER Pastor MIke
'PR' RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER BO

R.I.P
GRNITECH GRCH RATLIFF'S OUTLAW DIXIE
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch RATLIFF'S OUTLAW PL RED PENNY
GRNITECH CH SOGGY BOTTOM RAZOR'S LIVE WIRE (DAISY)
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch LONG TALL SALLY
NITECH RATLIFF'S T-TOP DARK TIMBER SPOOK
NITECH CH RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER HERNIE

A Proud Member of The Virginia Cartel and Virginia Coalition for Procyon Lotor Management & Control

The Few, the Proud, the Graduates of Raven's School of Shooting

Old Post 02-25-2009 04:02 AM
OUTLAW REDBONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OUTLAW REDBONE Click here to Send OUTLAW REDBONE a Private Message Visit OUTLAW REDBONE's homepage! Find more posts by OUTLAW REDBONE Add OUTLAW REDBONE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redbone Crazy
UKC Forum Member

looks great!! wish i had me a good hound like that

Keep the hounds on the trails...

Old Post 02-25-2009 04:09 AM
Redbone Crazy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redbone Crazy Click here to Send Redbone Crazy a Private Message Click Here to Email Redbone Crazy Visit Redbone Crazy's homepage! Find more posts by Redbone Crazy Add Redbone Crazy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

Deuce

Had a good one tonight first time we have got to get out in about three weeks or so.First cast Deuce peeled off from the others struck about 400 hundred yards out in the flat waters. Trailed for about ten min's and treed shut every thing out. He trees so hard it makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Second cast he caught one on the ground you talken about a mess WOW. It started to rain so we called it a night after that. Man that Rabble/ Annie cross is working for me. I hope to get some pic's soon. I will report next trip I hope to go tomorrow night.

Old Post 02-25-2009 06:04 AM
Don Barnett Sr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Don Barnett Sr Click here to Send Don Barnett Sr a Private Message Click Here to Email Don Barnett Sr Find more posts by Don Barnett Sr Add Don Barnett Sr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Lookin' GOOD...

Hey Buck, Hernie looks good on the wood. Seeing her reminds me of this fall, we had some good times with these young dogs.

Don, it sounds like Deuce is coming on real nice, I'll look forward to seeing him and meeting you somewhere down the road.

Unrealistic expectations are a roadblock to success, judge your dogs by what they are ready to give not by what you wish they'd do.

Old Post 02-26-2009 01:56 AM
topdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topdog Click here to Send topdog a Private Message Click Here to Email topdog Visit topdog's homepage! Find more posts by topdog Add topdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

T-Top Dogs To The Top

To The Top. D.W.

Old Post 03-01-2009 03:35 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Spring?????

It was below zero yesterday morning and again this morning. We got another 5" of snow and colder that an ice box for the last few days. I know spring is right around the corner but I wish it would peek at us once in awhile so we know it's ready to jump out and warm things up.

The dogs play around in any sunshine they can find and bark at night when ever a light comes on but...it will have to warm up a bit before they see this old boy put the belt light on.

I see that some folks are enjoying the competition season already, that's good to see...good luck with all those Red dogs.

We'll get at as soon as we can.

Old Post 03-01-2009 04:03 PM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Spring?????

quote:
Originally posted by 1deadeye
Tom,
Your belt still fit ? Mines getting tight.....errrr. LOL
Spring is around the corner. Someone elses corner.....
Going stir crazy..

Scott

LOL... SPRING WILL COME! It HAS all of my 49 yrs.. I KNOW it will... We're having a little bit of flurry activity at the moment...then we here the SNOW from DOWN SOUTH... Like THE SOUTH... is going to give us a foot or so if the track stays true...HAHAAHHAAAAA! ANOTHER SUNDAY night into MONDAY storm... There are kids missing school days who are even sick of snow days... OUR kids will love it... till we get them up to shovel and blow snow....
STIR CRAZY?!!!!! WAAAHhhhHAaaaaaaaaaa! Never....

Seriously...it WILL end......... ?????......
Happyhunting to anyone getting out!
Heather

Old Post 03-01-2009 05:01 PM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIGCASTLEDAWGS Click here to Send BIGCASTLEDAWGS a Private Message Find more posts by BIGCASTLEDAWGS Add BIGCASTLEDAWGS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Hunting

Hey Scott, we made it out last night but it was a tough night for dogs that aren't getting hunted. Yank tried to lay one up and was treed like he was looking at it but was off a couple of trees. He was winding it and was hooked hard. We dumped him again and he worked his butt off on frosted over snow pack track that ended in a hole so we called it a night after that.

It would help a lot if we could just call an end to the snow and maybe get a few nights above freezing so these dogs can get the hang of hunting open ground again. I guess we'll just have to be patient and wait it out...spring will be here soon enough but it's not soon enough for me.

Dave W. said he hunted Cherry tonight and she looked real good. Got deep and hooked with the meat. He says it was near 80 there yesterday...what the heck...it will be nice to see at least one day like that around here in the near future.

Calling for snow tomorrow, 1-7"...what a forecast...leaves plenty of room for error...eh?

Old Post 03-08-2009 05:43 AM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Sweet Cherry

Tom! Hunted Cherry the last two nights and treed two Friday. First track Cherry could have treed better ( Popular tree ). Saw the coon. Second track Cherry did a great job track and tree and saw the coon. ( Wild Cherry Tree ) Sat. night took Cherry and Star and heard Cherry open about a quarter mile from us up a creek. We hustled up the creek to hear the race. They took the track about quarter mile on up the creek and up a hollow and then treed on a steep bank on a pine tree and the wind blowing so hard you could hardly hear. Cherry came on the tree with a real loud locate and went into a real hard chop. Put my Amber lens on and squawed once and the coon looked right at us. Deadeye some day I may be as good as you finding and getting a close look at them old coons eyes. LOL! Dave

Last edited by david woofter on 03-08-2009 at 05:11 PM

Old Post 03-08-2009 04:50 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim MACHA
UKC Forum Member

Re: Hunting

quote:
Originally posted by topdog
Hey Scott, we made it out last night but it was a tough night for dogs that aren't getting hunted. Yank tried to lay one up and was treed like he was looking at it but was off a couple of trees. He was winding it and was hooked hard. We dumped him again and he worked his butt off on frosted over snow pack track that ended in a hole so we called it a night after that.

It would help a lot if we could just call an end to the snow and maybe get a few nights above freezing so these dogs can get the hang of hunting open ground again. I guess we'll just have to be patient and wait it out...spring will be here soon enough but it's not soon enough for me.

Dave W. said he hunted Cherry tonight and she looked real good. Got deep and hooked with the meat. He says it was near 80 there yesterday...what the heck...it will be nice to see at least one day like that around here in the near future.

Calling for snow tomorrow, 1-7"...what a forecast...leaves plenty of room for error...eh?

Moisture everywhere. Down here in southeast Iowa, we had a torrential rain over night. Everything is flooded. Mud in the cow lots is about 6 inches deep. Calling for cool temps all week, so it doesn't sound like we will see dust for quite a while.

Good people do not need laws to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws (Plato)

Old Post 03-08-2009 07:12 PM
Tim MACHA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim MACHA Click here to Send Tim MACHA a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim MACHA Find more posts by Tim MACHA Add Tim MACHA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Crappy weather...

Hey Tim, it sounds like a mess down there. It's been snowing for a couple of hours up here but it doesn't look like we're going to get the worst of it, seems to be going more south of us. I suppose there's still plenty of it out there so we'll have to wait and see how it piles up before I start feeling too good about it missing us. There's a couple of inches on the ground and some wind blowing but nothing too serious, that's for sure.

I hope you guys don't wash away down there and that spring starts to get a foot hold pretty quick...

The dogs don't seem to mind the snow, they're out chasing each other around the big pen and having a great time...I guess they feel better about it than me!

They're talking about a high of 15 for Wednesday and a low of 4 below zero...but then warming up by next weekend again. We'll see how it goes and hope for the best.

Old Post 03-08-2009 08:12 PM
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

Crappy Weather...but still got treed

Tom,

Thought I'd drop a line and tell you about some good work I saw out of Sis tonight. As Tim mentioned, it is pretty wet around these parts, and was raining tonight when I cut loose. I'd have got some pics, but was afraid I'd wreck the camera.

She is currently in the hunt alone program. I had to psyche myself into going out in the rain, but I think you have to challenge those young dogs instead of giving them the easy treatment all the time. It's been my experience that it usually pays off when you need it the most.

So across two flooded creeks she goes, flies in there about 600yds per the GPS and gets one hooked up on the outside. I was pretty impressed. There were some things she could have done better on it, but overall considering the circumstances she did great.

Old Post 03-10-2009 05:03 AM
Chris Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Snyder Click here to Send Chris Snyder a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Snyder Add Chris Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Hunt update...

Hey Chris, I hear you about the weather, it's been kind of crappy up this way also. We got snow a few days ago and today it rained and was foggy most of the day. Overnight tonight, we're supposed to get winds up to 45-50 MPH gusts and the temperature will drop to close to zero by morning with wind chills well below zero again. It's only supposed to last for a couple of days but I sure hate to see it like that when we're so close to spring.

Dave got out last night for one drop. He took Yank and made one good track and tree and called it a night. He did real good, winding the track from way out in an open field and then chasing the wind for a couple hundred yards until he struck it and ran it. He came treed with a great locate and was pounding hard and had the meat. Good nights to hunt have been few and far between lately and we're way behind with getting dogs in the woods and back in training. Hopefully it will break soon and we'll see some extended stretches of good weather.

It sounds like Sis is getting it put together and that's good, she's got talent so what you're doing with her is good stuff.

This is Yank treed from last night...

Yank is pretty much a sit down tree dog just like his older brother Dagger was. Hopefully we can string together some good nights in a row once this weather settles down and gives us a decent opportunity to get back in the woods regular.

We've got some real nice young prospects sitting here waiting to get back in regular training so it should be fun once spring gets sprung...

Old Post 03-11-2009 01:00 AM
cacheriver
New UKC Forum Member

Who owns the Pigeon female?

Old Post 03-11-2009 05:17 AM
cacheriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cacheriver Click here to Send cacheriver a Private Message Click Here to Email cacheriver Find more posts by cacheriver Add cacheriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

Pastor Mike of Radford Virginia.

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Click Here To Visit Web Site

Home of:

GRNITECH GRCH T-TOP DARK TIMBER MOOSE.....CO-OWNER Tom Solberg
GRNITCH L'S DARK TIMBER WENDY.....CO-OWNER Richard Lambert
NITECH GRCH DARK TIMBER RED ANGUS <AKA> DA BULL CO OWNER Jeremy Erho
'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM DARK TMBER ADDY CO-OWNER Pastor MIke
'PR' RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER BO

R.I.P
GRNITECH GRCH RATLIFF'S OUTLAW DIXIE
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch RATLIFF'S OUTLAW PL RED PENNY
GRNITECH CH SOGGY BOTTOM RAZOR'S LIVE WIRE (DAISY)
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch LONG TALL SALLY
NITECH RATLIFF'S T-TOP DARK TIMBER SPOOK
NITECH CH RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER HERNIE

A Proud Member of The Virginia Cartel and Virginia Coalition for Procyon Lotor Management & Control

The Few, the Proud, the Graduates of Raven's School of Shooting

Old Post 03-11-2009 11:06 AM
OUTLAW REDBONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OUTLAW REDBONE Click here to Send OUTLAW REDBONE a Private Message Visit OUTLAW REDBONE's homepage! Find more posts by OUTLAW REDBONE Add OUTLAW REDBONE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Yank

Tom and Dave, Yank sure looks good . Hope the weather breaks for you soon. Dave

Old Post 03-11-2009 12:59 PM
Blue Boy Rebel
UKC Forum Member

Hey Tom,

Boy idk what it is but I realllly like that yank male of yours1 He seems like he is one hell of a dog. Are you bringing him too red days this year????

Corey

Old Post 03-12-2009 12:40 AM
Blue Boy Rebel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Boy Rebel Click here to Send Blue Boy Rebel a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Boy Rebel Find more posts by Blue Boy Rebel Add Blue Boy Rebel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Redbone Days

Hey Corey...if everything goes as planned Dave will hunt Yank in Kansas and we'll be at National Days in July. We'll hope to be hunting Yank and one other dog depending on who steps up the most this spring. We have a couple of good prospects lined up and right now Leinie is leading the pack as far as being put into competition this spring and summer along with Yank but we'll see how everything falls into place. Leinie is a full sister to Yank and is looking real good.

Yank is a nice young hound Corey. If he continues to develop to maturity like he has to this point, he'll be tough to deal with by mid to late summer...and maybe even before that...we'll see.

Old Post 03-12-2009 01:44 AM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Ruby

Chard Cartwright sent me an email the other day with this nice picture of his Ruby female. Don't mind the date stamp...it was from just the other night. Ruby is out of Starr and Rabble Rouser.

Ruby

Ruby is coming along nicely and is sure looking good on the wood...

Old Post 03-16-2009 03:51 AM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS
UKC Forum Member

Re: Ruby

quote:
Originally posted by topdog
Chard Cartwright sent me an email the other day with this nice picture of his Ruby female. Don't mind the date stamp...it was from just the other night. Ruby is out of Starr and Rabble Rouser.

Ruby

Ruby is coming along nicely and is sure looking good on the wood...

COOL PICTURE! Very intense as she SITS ready to Burst up and GET that Coon!

Happy Hunting! Heather and Bob

Old Post 03-16-2009 04:17 PM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIGCASTLEDAWGS Click here to Send BIGCASTLEDAWGS a Private Message Find more posts by BIGCASTLEDAWGS Add BIGCASTLEDAWGS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

No hunt

Deuce and I did'nt make the hunt this weekend . I am down with the FLU or something like it been sick for two weeks. But I will get him started in the next couple weeks.

Old Post 03-16-2009 06:40 PM
Don Barnett Sr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Don Barnett Sr Click here to Send Don Barnett Sr a Private Message Click Here to Email Don Barnett Sr Find more posts by Don Barnett Sr Add Don Barnett Sr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Hunting update

Dave was able to get out last night and enjoy a real nice spring night. It has been up and down this late winter and conditions really not good going into spring hunting. Last night it stayed above freezing and Dave was able to make a couple of trees.

This is Yank in his usual mode...sitting down at the base of the tree...

This is another of Yank and one of the few times you'll see him standing on the wood. He'll do it once in awhile but usually a sit down tree dog.

He took Red along for the first time in a long time and he looks good on the wood...

This is a good time of year when it doesn't get down below freezing at night. We're moving into the time of year when dogs have to deal with open ground instead of frozen ground so it doesn't do them any good to be put on frozen ground when trying to get ready for competition. More good nights to come...

Old Post 03-18-2009 12:28 AM
Tim MACHA
UKC Forum Member

Glad to hear things are looking up.

Got up to 70 the last couple days. the mud is starting to settle and the land is starting to get a shade of green. When the mud settles a little more, I plan on getting out more.

Good people do not need laws to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws (Plato)

Old Post 03-18-2009 01:44 AM
Tim MACHA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim MACHA Click here to Send Tim MACHA a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim MACHA Find more posts by Tim MACHA Add Tim MACHA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote