UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Over 15 Years of My Fireball Line.
Pages (53): « First ... « 36 37 [38] 39 40 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Barnyard
UKC Forum Member

Pups;

Steve,
It looks like the pups have nice heads with good ear length! Can't wait to get one of them up here!

Cell- 574-538-9431

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-18-2012 04:00 PM
Barnyard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barnyard Click here to Send Barnyard a Private Message Click Here to Email Barnyard Find more posts by Barnyard Add Barnyard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Re: Pups;

quote:
Originally posted by Barnyard
Steve,
It looks like the pups have nice heads with good ear length! Can't wait to get one of them up here!

O yeah their nice looking alright and always plenty of ear length. The Kitty x Joe litter looks better than what their parents did I think and the same for Daisy, to me several of these pups are looking better than her. Which that is normally a good thing. I'm ready to get them to their new owners myself though. I've never had two litters at once before but I don't plan on doing this again. It's nice becuase I'll be able to hunt both of them once its done but it's alot of working keeping up with 16 puppies.

And the closest ones alive to GrNtCh Oklahoma Twister (the #1 reproducing son of Fireball) and GrNtCh Yellow River Rocky (the #2 reproducing son of Fireball) . Thanks to alot of help from my friends.

Handler of:
NtCh GrCh "PR" Dan Langston (Has 2 wins towards GrNtCh in the hunts) ( 10yr old owner asked for me to bring him back to his home) (wouldn't sell) (Ch D8 Dozer (bear hound from all coondog stock, out of my breeding) x NtCh Music/ Kitty) (33% Fireball thru heavy line breeding the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded hound alive, who is hunt titled )

Home of:
'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady (GrNtCh. Barnyard Horse Harry x GrCh Daisy (was the highest Fireball blooded female alive)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Toes ('PR' Atomic Fireball's Fast Talker (nephew to Bookem Danno) x 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Dixie (NtCh GrCh. 'PR' Dan Langston x 'PR'Harry Lady)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Two Toes (NtCh GrCh Dan Langston x Atomic Fireball's Toes
Didn't have the deep hunt style I like but is a solid coonhound. Been treeing her own since her second night in the woods at 8 months old.

Former home of:
(Qualified for the 2011 World Hunt) NtCh. 'PR'Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty RIP (NtCh.Twister's Musical Red Huey x NtCh. Sawblade Red Reckon) RIP

GrNtCh Fireball's Jackpot Jackie, highest placing Redbone female ever, in the UKC World Hunt . RIP

GrCh. 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Daisy RIP (Was the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded female in the world at the time) (Qualified for the 2010 World Show).

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Red River (Daisy x Brown's Oklahoma Twister) RIP (heatstroke)

Ch. D-8 Dozer (Was the Highest blooded GrNtCh Fireball blooded male in the world until I had the GrNtCh Twister pups from here) Was sent to be bear hunted because of his size and me being disabled. RIP

First and only sons of the Old GrNtCh #7 Historical Reproducer Brown's Okl. Twister (the #1 Producing Son of Fireball) in 15 years..

http://atomicfireballkennels.webs.com/
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...threadid=341228
Steve Bell

Old Post 02-21-2012 03:10 PM
thecoondawg76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thecoondawg76 Click here to Send thecoondawg76 a Private Message Visit thecoondawg76's homepage! Find more posts by thecoondawg76 Add thecoondawg76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Re: I agree

quote:
Originally posted by davecat
i havent seen a dog in along time that you had to walk hunt except for the first couple times I hunted Rip. I would hunt a different breed if you had to walk these dogs. They will cover everything we hunt. Thats what these Redbones always have done. I almost feel sorry for those who have a dog that wont cover much because they sure are missing out on seeing a good dog. My days of having to walk thru the woods so the dogs could strike something are long gone except when taking pups in the woods. I dont know if its the line they hunt or its the fact they only hunt once in awhile. Could be both but Im happy with mine and that is all that matters. If I had to walk the dogs thru every woods to get coon that sure would be a long nite each time. There sure arent many who agree that the breed doesnt lack drive. Will you be at the American Days hunt? I plan on being there and we will have 2 maybe 3 dogs hunting. Going to try a qualifying hunt in April with 2 dogs and with luck will try another one with another young dog. Harvest season is over and had a good season. Treed over 100 coon plus around 50 den trees, caught 2 skunks,treed 1 porky caught one porky with all the dogs and then one pup had a porky by himself. 1 coyoye chase and 2 deer races and treed 3 opposum. Forgot, treed 2 bobcat also. Both over 40 pounders. Caught one bear early on also and ran one. And the dogs got chased back by wolves once. Biggest coon was just over 30 pounds. I did harvest one opposum to mount. Never treed a domestic cat all year. Also have one skunk to mount. There was never a boring moment this year. Take care.

Not sure if I'm coming to Redbone Days. Alot of it depends on neck surgery on my neck and recovery from that. I'm hoping to have Kitty and Daisy there we'll see. That'd mean having the surgery and healing before I came. So I'm thinking not this year, except maybe National Redbone Days and I plan on being at Autumn Oaks with Kitty for sure, hopefully as a GrNtCh if I can make it to enough hunts before then. She's definately a GrNtCh hound but you have to go to the hunt before you can win anything. Sounds like you had a good season and alot of fun this year. I'm hoping this year to get the surgery and get back at hunting but when your muscles get so comepletely locked up that you can't even move, I physcially can't go right now. Hopefully, that'll be fixed before long and I'll be back to hunting at least everyother night again. Then it'll be look out hunts becuase the 80 to 90% cast win rate will be back again. I've got the dog power they just need someone to hunt them in the hunts at this point. I'm hoping to get some help on the hunts here soon. Hopefully, that works out and they can get the titles to show thier ability.

And the closest ones alive to GrNtCh Oklahoma Twister (the #1 reproducing son of Fireball) and GrNtCh Yellow River Rocky (the #2 reproducing son of Fireball) . Thanks to alot of help from my friends.

Handler of:
NtCh GrCh "PR" Dan Langston (Has 2 wins towards GrNtCh in the hunts) ( 10yr old owner asked for me to bring him back to his home) (wouldn't sell) (Ch D8 Dozer (bear hound from all coondog stock, out of my breeding) x NtCh Music/ Kitty) (33% Fireball thru heavy line breeding the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded hound alive, who is hunt titled )

Home of:
'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady (GrNtCh. Barnyard Horse Harry x GrCh Daisy (was the highest Fireball blooded female alive)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Toes ('PR' Atomic Fireball's Fast Talker (nephew to Bookem Danno) x 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Dixie (NtCh GrCh. 'PR' Dan Langston x 'PR'Harry Lady)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Two Toes (NtCh GrCh Dan Langston x Atomic Fireball's Toes
Didn't have the deep hunt style I like but is a solid coonhound. Been treeing her own since her second night in the woods at 8 months old.

Former home of:
(Qualified for the 2011 World Hunt) NtCh. 'PR'Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty RIP (NtCh.Twister's Musical Red Huey x NtCh. Sawblade Red Reckon) RIP

GrNtCh Fireball's Jackpot Jackie, highest placing Redbone female ever, in the UKC World Hunt . RIP

GrCh. 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Daisy RIP (Was the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded female in the world at the time) (Qualified for the 2010 World Show).

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Red River (Daisy x Brown's Oklahoma Twister) RIP (heatstroke)

Ch. D-8 Dozer (Was the Highest blooded GrNtCh Fireball blooded male in the world until I had the GrNtCh Twister pups from here) Was sent to be bear hunted because of his size and me being disabled. RIP

First and only sons of the Old GrNtCh #7 Historical Reproducer Brown's Okl. Twister (the #1 Producing Son of Fireball) in 15 years..

Steve Bell

Old Post 02-22-2012 05:32 PM
thecoondawg76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thecoondawg76 Click here to Send thecoondawg76 a Private Message Visit thecoondawg76's homepage! Find more posts by thecoondawg76 Add thecoondawg76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davecat

Hope they

can fix you up. My wife has to have some neck surgery also. She has lost the feeling in one of her arms. With all the technology they have these days you would think they could fix anything but that just isnt the case. Take care and I hope all goes well.

Old Post 02-22-2012 06:10 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
townsendhpd
UKC Forum Member

memories

Steve I sent you a pm

Old Post 02-23-2012 08:37 AM
townsendhpd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for townsendhpd Click here to Send townsendhpd a Private Message Find more posts by townsendhpd Add townsendhpd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Re: memories

quote:
Originally posted by townsendhpd
Steve I sent you a pm

Hey man it's always good to talk to ones I helped get into this so long ago. Seems like the other day I had a regular job hunted most every night but Sun. and I was carrying a bunch of you Junior High boys out coonhunting. Boy was all those years fun.

Now we're both married. You work for the Police Dept. and I'm teaching school. What's crazy is all the young guys I helped get into this is what got me wanting to teach. Now that I'm teaching the way things have gotten legally anymore I can't risk my job to take the same age youth coonhunting that got me into teaching. Crazy how things workout, sure is a shame how some things have turned for the worst in this old world.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 02-24-2012 at 02:38 AM

Old Post 02-24-2012 02:33 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

The 3 males from Joe and Kitty, for the young guys that are getting them.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 02-24-2012 02:57 AM
townsendhpd
UKC Forum Member

Sure is.

Yeah was a group of us that you got started hunting and introduced us to competition hunting but out of the group I think I was the only one that stayed with it. As I got older from my young teenage years things changed from chasing dogs to chasing girls. Then the big change when we both deployed to Iraq.

Now that all that's over and I've settled down and married looks like I need to go back to chasing dogs again.

Look out cause ya let my arm heal up and me get back in the swing of things you might just have someone to hunt them dogs for you

Old Post 02-24-2012 04:01 AM
townsendhpd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for townsendhpd Click here to Send townsendhpd a Private Message Find more posts by townsendhpd Add townsendhpd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Justin_Cox
UKC Forum Member

Re: The 3 males from Joe and Kitty, for the young guys that are getting them.

quote:
Originally posted by thecoondawg76

They will be very happy with them. thanks

(A man is only as good as his word.)

AKC Dobermans

Old Post 02-24-2012 12:15 PM
Justin_Cox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justin_Cox Click here to Send Justin_Cox a Private Message Visit Justin_Cox's homepage! Find more posts by Justin_Cox Add Justin_Cox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Some more of the Kitty x Joe pups

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 02-26-2012 09:58 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Re: Sure is.

quote:
Yeah was a group of us that you got started hunting and introduced us to competition hunting but out of the group I think I was the only one that stayed with it. As I got older from my young teenage years things changed from chasing dogs to chasing girls. Then the big change when we both deployed to Iraq.

Now that all that's over and I've settled down and married looks like I need to go back to chasing dogs again.

Look out cause ya let my arm heal up and me get back in the swing of things you might just have someone to hunt them dogs for you

Well I've got some others in other places but out of that group you're sure right. It's been pretty cool though thru the years helping so many young people stay out of trouble at least for a little while, with some good clean fun. Of course now I'm needing a tree climber since I can't do that no more. You wanna sign up for that one? Just joking, I don't know how thru all those years of climbing vines and trees I never had a single bad fall. Not saying I haven't fell out of some but I always landed ok. I'll never be able to do that again but I think it lets my wife rest easier knowing I can't do some of the things I did before we met and I started having all these issues from Iraq. It'll sure be nice to have a running buddy again and to help get them when they get in some junk that would kill me otherwise. I can walk fine but all these thickets bending over all the time and crawling around, just messes me up pretty quick. We get back to rolling again and I'll write UKC to get a letter so we can roll to the hunts together. I'll call the dogs and let you handle them.

P.S. How about a road trip like the old days? I got some puppies to deliver here it looks like now in two weeks all over the country. I've seen some nice country since getting back into all this again.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 03-01-2012 02:51 PM
townsendhpd
UKC Forum Member

lol

Yeah doubt I can do any climbing for a while myself. As far as the road trip goes let me see how this trip to ok city goes before I decide to travel along way

Would be nice to see some country though, don't think I have been much over 300 miles from Arkansas since we got back from Iraq and that was just here recently when I picked up that horse.

Old Post 03-01-2012 07:08 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Re: lol

quote:
Would be nice to see some country though, don't think I have been much over 300 miles from Arkansas since we got back from Iraq and that was just here recently when I picked up that horse.

Well sounds like it's time for a road trip then. I've put over 24,000 miles on my new subaru just since this June when I bought it and alot of it has been running around breeding these hounds.
I never will forget our trip up to Harry Oumedians it was cooking hot down here we'd been hunting in temps right at 90 degrees at night and then went up there it was 60 in the sun and super cool at night. We got to hunt with YR Rebel, YR Music, my Ann, Golden Woods Ann (while Stinger was winning the Purina Race), and seem like one other hound, can't remember who it was. Boy was that nice. Of course Harry sending Natl. GrNtCh Yellow River Music in to wake us up by face licking was pretty funny too.
Then to have Harry talk about how good Ann was in the house she just kept getting into the bread only to find out that Ann had never been in a house before, becuase my mom would have killed me, she just minded well. LOL Good times! I think we came thru like 8 states on that trip.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 03-02-2012 03:12 PM
Justin_Cox
UKC Forum Member

hey have you decided which day you are going to be able to bring them pups up. Them boys are texting asking when. lol just text or send me a message when you know, thanks again.

(A man is only as good as his word.)

AKC Dobermans

Old Post 03-04-2012 11:20 PM
Justin_Cox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justin_Cox Click here to Send Justin_Cox a Private Message Visit Justin_Cox's homepage! Find more posts by Justin_Cox Add Justin_Cox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Should know first part of this week.

I'm trying to get things figured. I don't think it'll be this weekend but it could be. I will hopefully know pretty soon this week so I can let everyone know. Either way for sure the week after it will be a definate if nothing else.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 03-05-2012 01:09 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Fires A Blazing!

Well someone decided to burn some brush yesterday and about burned my place up. It came within about 200 yards of the edge of my place. I helped fight it all evening long and am sure feeling it now. Good thing is between several of us fighting it and the bulldozers and planes it was gotten under control. It's still a burning but I think is under control.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 03-06-2012 03:19 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Well getting things together.

Was hoping to have things squared away by this weekend but it's looking more like it may be the weekend after before I can make my trip to drop off the pups. Sure going to be alot cheaper once they're gone. They are Daisy's pups are going thru 20lbs of feed every two days. Kitty's 6 are going thru that every 3 days. They love to eat but they sure look nice.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 03-08-2012 03:47 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

For sure next weekend.

Getting my grades figured for classes and I'm just not going to have enough time to get them together and then make the trip. I should be leaving out next Fri. morning and be making it near the first drop offs by Fri. afternoon. This will give me plenty of time to make my trip as it is the beginning of Spring Break and then I'll be heading out for some visting with my parents and Skiing in Colorado once I make it back from dropping off pups. With my neck like it is I'll proabably be Bunny Sloping it with the little kids but at least I can do some of it, hopefully.
I was wanting to do some trout fishing but with the snow they've had this year nothing has unfrozen enough. That's ok I'll be back this summer again once it's nice and hot back here.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 03-09-2012 05:19 PM
redpower
UKC Forum Member

Steve

Still havent named the new pup yet. Hes takeing rite to the other dogs and the kennel. Have been socalizing him with the other dogs and myself doing real good. Works good on a leash. Still not real excited about getting in or out of the dog box yet. Have a few tricks that might loosen him up to it though. Thanks for letting me own this nice pup. Dale

Old Post 03-09-2012 10:20 PM
redpower is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redpower Click here to Send redpower a Private Message Click Here to Email redpower Find more posts by redpower Add redpower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Sounds good Dale.

Glad he's working for ya so far. Most of these guys have got enough sense to be pretty easy to train. Like I said though he just hasn't really been handled, since I was holding him. Work with him a little and he should be good to go. I'm sure looking forword to getting shed of these pups. Those 10 from Daisy are getting kind of crazy on how much they eat and drink. They look super nice and are growing like weeds but they sure make the groceries dissappear.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 03-12-2012 06:35 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Hopeing to call everyone today and get plans finalized for dropping off the pups.

Also I plan to try and get some more pics of the little guys before I head out. Kitty's aren't to hard since there are only 6. Daisy's 10 however get kind of crazy to keep up with. This put Daisy at the 20 pups mark now though so as long as they title she's got the numbers to be on the reproducers list. Kitty will have the 20 pups after the next litter but I just found out one of Kitty's that had a 1st got ran over. Unfortunately, that's what happens sometimes when you've got hounds with drive like these. Sure not a lack of hunting power in these guys and girls.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 03-13-2012 03:35 PM
fedakranger123
UKC Forum Member

Re: Hopeing to call everyone today and get plans finalized for dropping off the pups.

quote:
[i]. Kitty will have the 20 pups after the next litter but I just found out one of Kitty's that had a 1st got ran over. Unfortunately, that's what happens sometimes when you've got hounds with drive like these. Sure not a lack of hunting power in these guys and girls. [/B]

thats a **** shame :/

Old Post 03-13-2012 08:08 PM
fedakranger123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fedakranger123 Click here to Send fedakranger123 a Private Message Click Here to Email fedakranger123 Find more posts by fedakranger123 Add fedakranger123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Hopeing to call everyone today and get plans finalized for dropping off the pups.

quote:
Originally posted by fedakranger123
thats a **** shame :/

Well that's what happens at times. Hence the reason yet again Daisy wasn't getting turned loose much once I figured out what she was until she'd had some pups. The special ones you sure have to be careful with. The guy said it was the best young hound he'd ever had.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 03-14-2012 03:59 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Daisy x Harry pups pics.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 03-14-2012 05:24 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Daisy x Harry pups pics #2

John Delcamp the one right before the ones with collars was the one I had spotted for you.
Chad Byrd the first one with the wormer drooling out of his mouth is yours.
The green collar one was the only female of the whole bunch. Needless to say she's not leaving.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 03-14-2012 at 05:31 AM

Old Post 03-14-2012 05:29 AM