UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Gr. Ch.gr. Nt. Ch. 'pr' Esteses Bigtime Blue Boss
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

Well unfortunately the Boss and Luna breeding didn't take. We knew it was a long shot but we tried. Next time she comes in we hope to make a live breeding and maybe have better success. Boss hasn't been out much lately due to the fact Bailey is in full swing with high school volleyball and me and her brother are getting our own dogs ready for the zones this weekend. She has been working with her pup out of Boss and Cry some when her time allows. This pup is SPOILED but has a head full of sense and is coon crazy with looks that would make anyone proud to own him. Boss's half brother captain (logan x Belle) is what I will be hunting at the zones and his other half brother Scout (logan x Maggie) came up 25 pts short at the last hunt I put him in of being high scoring dog at the Troy Ia mini slam he had 500pts and no minus. All these logan dogs here at our place are coondogs and can compete or put hides in the freezer in any company. Boss is available to hunt with any time and is here for your breeding needs if you think he will benefit your breeding program. Stop in and go for a hunt. Boss was never pushed when he was younger and in his prime or I'm sure there would be a lot more pups on the ground out of him. They just don't come along like this every day. Good luck to all that are going to the zones !

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-12-2017 03:47 PM
morgan branch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for morgan branch Click here to Send morgan branch a Private Message Find more posts by morgan branch Add morgan branch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Good luck at the zones my friend!

RIP
GrNitech Overton's Breathless Blue Chief Full brother to Nite ch Snowdens Runt
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blu Knight. King of Hunt Fall Round Up 2006 loudest dog I have ever owned.
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blue Roler hit died at 2years old at semi finals of World hunt
Gr Nite ch Utchmans Double Eagle Hoss
Dual Grand Utchmans So Blue Timber top 100 Finalist in 2005 World hunt 2012 performance sire
Gr Ch Nite CH Overton's Breathless Blue Warrior 4wins died at 6 yrs old. Sire to Knight
NiteCh Overton's Breathless Blue Dixie LOUD!
NiteCH Lienbachs Breathless Blue Jammer
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Drum 3 wins to Grand. before 2 yrs old Running ant treeing wild coons at 5 months alone.
Gr Ch Nitech Rob's Blue Tomahawk
Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Dolly super fast track and tree dog. accurate.
Grch Nitech Overton's Utchmans Blue Belle
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Sabrina 2nd place Nite ch at Fall Round Up 2009
Nite Ch Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Sounder
GRNite Ch Pr Overton's Breathless Blu Magic 13 years old brother to Roler
Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Gobber. Running and treeing wild coons at 5 months

Nite Ch O Breathless Blue Tree Dragon
Treeing his own wild coon at 6 months old.

Dogs living
Overton"s Breathless blue Julia. Bill Bird owner
Dual Champion Uchtman So Blue Lumber 6yrs
Owned by Cody Stader in Indiana
Dual Grand Overton's Breathless Blue Maggie
Present Owned by Luke Wood in Okalhoma

Dall Haden and Bobby Hayes have been a big part of my breeding of my hounds also Bill Bird for help keeping it going.

*All my dogs are old Ucthman Hawk and Scout breeding with some Smokey River Chief and Diamond Jim.
573-228-3169
Kandy off Bojangles and Grand Nite ch PKC CH Redstick Ann. Super fast track dog good tree dog loud. co owner with Earl Howell Queen of Hunt at Fall Round Up 2019 at 2 years old.

Overton"s Breathless Blue Lincoln
Overton"s Breathless Blue Ava.

Old Post 09-12-2017 08:06 PM
ELMO OVERTON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ELMO OVERTON Click here to Send ELMO OVERTON a Private Message Click Here to Email ELMO OVERTON Find more posts by ELMO OVERTON Add ELMO OVERTON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

Next cross

Boss will be bred to Morgan Branch Troubled Skies next week. Sky is a female out of Crocket and Misty that I owned and let the young man that raised her buy her back after his hound became sick and had nothing to hunt. This will be a doubled up Rambo 2 breeding. Sky is a nice little gyp that has only been in a very limited amount of hunts and only needs a place to finish to nt. ch. She has a real nice mouth and is super good about having her coon. She opens up just the right amount on track and comes treed nice and is there to stay. This is a cross I have wanted to make for awhile now they should be the right kind for sure. Once the breeding has taken place I will take deposits on pups. Both dogs are available to be shown in the woods any time.

Old Post 09-14-2017 05:38 PM
morgan branch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for morgan branch Click here to Send morgan branch a Private Message Find more posts by morgan branch Add morgan branch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

The pup out of Boss and Cry that Bailey picked is doing great at just now 5 mnths he goes hunting big and gets off to himself and has treed with older dogs. This pup isn't scared of the dark and has a head full of sense. No more letting him run loose cause he has the neighbors cats up the trees lol. I was planning on taking my Abel dog to the fall round up but Boss may have to fill in cause Abel hurt his eye last night. If so bring a grand night to the hunt and maybe we will get drawed together and you can see him go. Boss will be at the Kansas state youth hunt next weekend. Boss is 9 yrs old and still putting up winning scores. Balanced Hound from kennel to tree.

Old Post 10-02-2017 07:18 PM
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

The duo of Bailey and Boss are back on the road again This weekend they will land in Valley Falls Kansas for the Kansas state youth hunt. Last year baily and Boss won the show and ended 2nd overall in the hunt and won the 2016 sportsmanship award . This year they are headed back for another great hunt. Kansas sure does a nice job for their youth. Good luck Bails.

Old Post 10-13-2017 09:12 PM
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

well no luck for Bailey and Boss in Kansas. Boss was split with 5 coons up the tree but just came up a little short. But on a good note the pups out of the boss and cry cross have some that are running and freeing at little over 5 months old. Nice big mouths with plenty of looks to spare. Don't wait to long the ol man ain't getting any younger and is throwing natural starting pups with brains.

Old Post 10-19-2017 04:59 AM
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

Boss

Guys Boss isn't getting any younger and his pups are sure turning out to be the right kind. Check out some of the videos on morgan branch kennels on facebook at some of the post folks are putting up about his pups. It takes a good female to make a good cross but Boss is doing his part in the equation for sure. This hound has the whole package. Brains ,Looks, Pedigree, and is producing nice young natural starting pups. Don't wait till it's to late.

Old Post 12-08-2017 04:28 PM
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

Merry Christmas !!

From all of us here at Morgan Branch kennels; We wish all our coonhunting friends a very merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous new year. Hope to see y'all down the road. Keep your light charged, your rifle handy, dog box loaded and most important;; a blue dog on the end of your leash!

Old Post 12-22-2017 06:04 PM
Roy Clifton
UKC Forum Member

Christmas

Merry Christmas

Home of:
GrChGrNtCh Mad Dog Mo Blue Smoke 2012 BBOA National King of Hunt

NiteCh Mad Dog Smoke's Real Deal (Smoke X Blueberrie) 2015 BBOA National King of Hunt
2017 BBOA/BBCHA Grand National Reunion King of Hunt

GrChGrNtCh Big Time Spankin Blue Wendy 2009 BBOA National Queen of Hunt

GrNtCh Mad Dog Tree Rockin Robin 2011 zone 1 Queen of Hunt.

Ch Mad Dog Loud Mouth Ralph (Smoke X Blueberrie) 2015 BBOA Zone 1 High Scoring Show Champion
2016 BBOA Zone 1 High Scoring Hunt Overall Winner

NiteCh Mad Dog The Perkolater ( Astro X Ata Girl ) 2015 BBOA Zone 1 High scoring Hunt Champion

Up and comming Mad Dog Smokin Blue Wendell

And a few young Prospects

Old Post 12-24-2017 10:57 PM
Roy Clifton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Clifton Click here to Send Roy Clifton a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Clifton Find more posts by Roy Clifton Add Roy Clifton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

The weather here in Iowa has been tough on a coonhunter this year but we have struggled through it. Bailey, Gary and myself have been hunting pretty regularly. Bailey is working on her pup out of Boss and cry and coming along really well. We have heard nothing but great reports out of this litter. Good looking smart natural pups that are pretty much all running and treeing. Bailey and Boss are headed back to Louisiana state youth hunt this weekend. Here is a stud that still gets put in the woods and is still a winner at 9 yrs old. I have been hunting gr ch nt ch captain which is a 1/2 brother to Boss. He is out of logan and frost hollow belle. He is a nice hound just like Boss. I really like the logan blood. My other up and comer is Abel which is out of Appel's Boomin jet and Battersons Mabel female. He isn't for the faint of heart. He like captain is gr ch nt ch as well. All of our hounds here have money won on them in pkc as well. We like the kind that can win no matter what hunt your taking them too. Over the last few months I have been working on a pup for Scott vandenhuevel out of banjo and mabel. She is finally starting to really put it together. Natural treedog for sure. Our newest edition is my pup out of Tramp and creek. Man does this pup have a mouth on him and is treeing the fire out of the squirrels at 6 months old. As you can see we have plenty of dogs here to keep us jumping. The goals for the upcoming year here at Morgan branch is Bailey is gonna try for a repeat of the bright eyes series champion and get Cross hunted out good and hopefully ready for some limited hunts this fall. He could win now but we wont put that kind of pressure on him just yet. So Bailey is gonna push Twisted this spring to get him finished.Captain needs 2 more wins to be granded out and my goal is to get him in the top 10 of pkc breed race for the year. Abel is just 3 like captain and as soon as I can get cap finished its on to Abel. Titan my pup out of tramp should be just right for starting when the kittens come down.. We have another busy year in store for us but I think we can make our goals with a little hard work. You only get out of a hound what you are willing to put in. So as everyone gets fired up for the upcoming competition season We wish you all the best of luck and safe travels.

Old Post 01-18-2018 04:45 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Boss & Company

Good Luck to Boss and Bailey at the hunt. I am always pulling for you guys. Thanks for your confidence in the Logan dogs that you have. I sure miss having the old man around the place. He had a way about him that is hard to come by for sure.
Nice to here your Tramp and Creek pup has a horn on him and is worrying those squirrels. Not sure what was going on out here last night but about 1:00 am his brother Jimmy was treeing every breath outside for quite awhile. Him and his half sister out of the sky female where sure raising a ruckus last night for about 30 minutes. The rut is on here and it is not uncommon for the coon to come up by the buildings so I will have to check out the tracks this morning. I have been getting some really good reports out of the Tramp pups. Another one we lost last year that I really liked. He had a mouth that was all Bluetick.
Glad to hear May Belle is starting to put it together. That was a cross that Darren and I had worked on for years to get done. I never doubted that they would be tree dogs. That is some good old Uchtman breeding for sure. Take care and hope to catch up with you soon.

Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 01-20-2018 01:29 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

We had some fellas come up to hunt with Boss and Twisted last night from Missouri. They are interested in breeding a couple females. We took the old man and twist and we had a nice hunt. They treed 3 on the outside and 2 dens. No mistakes. The men left with these words " That young lady has some mighty fine hounds and when there is a pup that comes available that they wanted to be first on the list and would be back with their females when the time comes. This is how it should be. They got to see what they are thinking about breeding to and how they operate and see the offspring as well. Guys, Boss is for real nothing to hide. Great bloodlines behind him. He is producing good looking early starting pups that carry his traits. Come go for a hunt with him and his pup and see for yourself. Bring your measuring stick. He is a little older and starting to slow down just a touch but is all coondog.

Old Post 01-31-2018 03:29 PM
Alan K.
UKC Forum Member

Guys the Boss dog is for real. Mike and Bailey don't have to blow him up on here, because he has spoken for himself in the woods and will continue to do so. Name a dog that has won as much as he has with a 14-16 year old handleing it that was not competition hunted until later in life. The only reason he is not in her name he was a Show Champion when my son bought him. We put him in 5 hunts in over 2 years winning 4 of them. He was not off the chain in a year when Bailey got him so she did her part to get him in shape to win.
DON'T OVERLOOK HIM AS TIME HIS TICKING.

Old Post 02-06-2018 03:06 AM
Alan K. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alan K. Click here to Send Alan K. a Private Message Find more posts by Alan K. Add Alan K. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Mike

It was good to meet you at winter classic. Good luck and keep me in mind for a pup out of Boss
Darren

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Old Post 02-12-2018 01:36 AM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

Getting some great reports on the Boss pups 9 months old now, and several are running and treeing their own coons. Congrats to Chris and Erin Mcgee on winning class and Breed with Honcho ( Boss x Cry) at the winter classic Baileys pup Cross out of Boss won open male at the Louisiana State youth hunt. He is a great looking hound that's running and treeing and getting ready to have the coals poured to him this spring. Get gone and independent pup with a great mouth. Dual purpose hounds for sure. Ol Boss is throwing the right kind.

Old Post 02-26-2018 07:28 PM
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

Boss and Bailey struck again. They attended a youth event over the weekend and Came from behind and got another win. She had 12 min left to hunt and needed a 1st and 1st and shut the dogs out in order to pull it off. ( due to a bad call she made earlier ) Well the ol man was 700 deep and treed with the meat before the other dogs opened. Congrats kid! I have started pouring the time into her pup Cross and man am I liking what he is showing. Huge mouth, get deep, drive a track, independent pup. I am working on getting a couple nice females bought to breed to Boss cause he isn't getting any younger and The clock is still ticking. He is producing the right kind of pups. If anyone has a pup out of Boss and cry that they would be interested in parting with please contact me.

Old Post 03-05-2018 04:51 PM
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

Cross , ( Boss x Cry) First night solo in the woods last night 1 on the outside and a den. Guys Don't wait to long. He is throwing pups that get you excited to take them to the woods. I can't seem to post pics or videos on here but you can check him out on facebook at Morgan Branch Kennels.

Old Post 03-08-2018 06:15 PM
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

Sure liking these Boss pups. Due to some unforeseen circumstances The Honcho pup in Mississippi that is out of boss and cry became available and will now be a member of Morgan Branch kennels. This pup is running and treeing his own and won class and breed at the winter classic in the show. Dual purpose... I have partnered up with Scott Vandenheuvel on a very nice female with a very impressive list of ancestors for sure. More info to come on this cross but you won't want to miss out on this one if you are interested in a Boss pup. Hope to see y'all at National Bluetick Days..

Old Post 04-03-2018 03:49 PM
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

Bluetick days

I got my honcho pup out of Boss and Cry. Good looking fella and plenty of go. First night of hunting him 900yds with the meat just shy of a year old. He has a beautiful mouth and plenty of brains. A dog has to have two main traits to stay here. Plenty of go and they have to stay put. I'm to old to run to trees. Honcho is gonna fit in. With bluetick days a couple of weeks away I am really gonna pour the hunting to him and maybe put him in the young guns. Bailey will have her pup entered in the young guns as well and prob. hunt the old man on Fri and Sat. Look forward to seeing y'all there. Look us up. Hope y'all have a safe trip.

Old Post 04-24-2018 02:39 PM
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

Honcho, and my nt.ch. Abel went 4 for 4 last night. It takes some go to run with Abel and Honcho looked super. This pup just turned a year old and has got this old man excited. Beautiful mouth that drives a track with his head up. Big locate then he is parked. Classy tree dog. Fellas we aren't just producing pups with Boss we are producing the right kind of pups. Don't overlook the old man before it's to late. Brains, nose, mouth, looks , drive temperament. He is throwing good ones. Check out Boss's pups on Morgan Branch Facebook page.

Old Post 05-08-2018 03:15 PM
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

Bailey and Boss won their cast Fri night at Bluetick days and Bails was the high scoring lady of the hunt. The whole weekend went great but has been overshadowed by Baileys pup Cross vanished into thin air on Sat. We have spent day and night looking for him and offered up a $750 reward for his return but still no results as of yet.. I'm feeling pretty bad for her. I offered her my Honcho pup but she simply declined and said he just wouldn't be the same as her buddy. Hoping for the best for her cause I'm afraid this may be the end of a great young ladies hunting career. Staying optimistic and praying he turns up.

Old Post 05-24-2018 05:20 PM
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

Boss pups

Gr. ch. Gr Nt Ch Boss will be bred next week to Scott Vandenheuvels Tilt female. Boss's reputation speaks for it's self. He has won all over the country behind a teenaged young lady. He is the nicest Blue hound I have seen go in all the hunts I've been to in the last few years. Consistant and balanced. Tilt is out of a full brother to the Pink Floyd dog of Scotts and A half sister to Boss. She has been owned by the same fella her whole life till we purchased her. She was not comp hunted but is dang sure a belly up accurate little gyp with a big male dog mouth. She will have the coon looking down. Nice bawl on the ground huge locate and a steady chop on the tree. This will be a doubled up cross on the Logan blood and a triple shot of Rambo II. This will be the last pups out of Boss. He will turn 10 at the end of this month and will no longer be bred. If ya are interested in a pup give me a shout there isn't much Logan stuff left and The Boss stuff is even fewer. I have a pup out of Boss' last litter that is dang nice at 16months old and was running and treeing his own before a year old. He is producing good ones. Both dogs are available to hunt with any night and you can check out videos of either of them on Morgan Branch Kennels on facebook. Mike Harward 641-208-3244

Old Post 09-07-2018 02:09 PM
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

We had a fella contact us last night about breeding a female to Boss. We are gonna give it a shot. He is still fertile and is still in perfect health and all coondog. Since Bailey has focused hard in her senior year at high school and slowed down on the hunts " which she is sitting with a 4.2 gpa" Boss hasn't been pushed or campaigned much as of late. This will probably be the last litter we will raise out of him. There are a lot of good reports of the pups out of him in the little he was bred. I have one here at the house that will taken to town this spring. Good luck to all you blue guys in 2019. Wish you all safe travels and maybe we will bump into ya somewhere down the road.

Old Post 12-27-2018 09:31 PM
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

Boss was bred to Randy Kurtz' Ladybug dog, which is a littermate to his Luna female. I took Randy out to see what he was about about to breed to and he was glad he made the choice he did.. The old man is all coondog. We may try to give Boss one more shot at getting qualified for the world since it is in Iowa this year. At 10 years old he still looks and hunts like a 5 year old .. Has been and still is one of the nicest most balanced hounds I've hunted with in any breed.

Old Post 01-24-2019 01:44 PM
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

Boss x ladybug

Randy Kurtz' female ladybug that was bred to Boss Had a nice litter. 10 pups made it out of the 13. The old man is still very fertile. Lady bug is a full sister to his Luna chase female that had done her share of winning. These pups will be packing a nice pedigree behind them. Gonna take Boss to a couple rqe's in the near future and give him a shot at getting qualified. Bailey said if I get him qualified that she would come out of hibernation and handle him at the zones since I have 1 of my own already qualified. Still one of the nicest Blue dogs I've ever seen go.

Old Post 03-08-2019 05:17 PM