UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Midnite Haze
Pages (92): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

Haze is #309 at the Grand American.....I guess that means wait list. I doubt his mind will be right as he will be breeding this weekend and into the next week. I hate we have all of this snow because it has definitely shut us down for a while...... not a good situation when trying to get a dog ready for a hunt

GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Soggy Bottom The Frog Dawg (current reproducers list)
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom The Bull Dawg
Soggy Bottom T-Top Miss Dottie
RIP
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Haze HTX (Former#1 Reproducer)
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Stella
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Shadow
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom Bomber's Red Wire (Pigeon- former #1 Reproducer)
NTCH GRCH Red Cedar T-Top Lexus
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Locket

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-22-2009 02:33 PM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

It is extremely hard to stud a dog and try to comp hunt him at the same time. It is a hard decision to make. On the one hand, you know that Haze needs to be bred to some top females and on the other you know that he is a winner. My entry is #312 so don't feel bad.

Old Post 12-22-2009 04:57 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Eric Bond
UKC Forum Member

the snow is leaving fast today,and i am getting cabin fever.so when ya'll are ready i am ready.thinking about taking these dogs out tonite just to see if anything is moving.

Old Post 12-22-2009 05:58 PM
Eric Bond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eric Bond Click here to Send Eric Bond a Private Message Click Here to Email Eric Bond Find more posts by Eric Bond Add Eric Bond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stokes08
UKC Forum Member

wow i got in early im #233 for saturday night...So you end up hunting Ricahrd Lt. Dan

Old Post 12-22-2009 06:39 PM
Stokes08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stokes08 Click here to Send Stokes08 a Private Message Find more posts by Stokes08 Add Stokes08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Stud or hunt

Good point Richard and one not often considered by most folks. It is inevitable that if you start to put a male in the stud pen enough, it will change his behavior to a large extent, especially when in the breeding mode. It is a tough decision to make because it can also affect a male's performance as a pleasure hound, so it's something we don't take lightly. If we're blessed to have a dog that will still run past the breeding pen to jump in the dog box, then it's a situation we can live with but...they're not all like that and if they're not, it's not a fault in the dog.

We were fortunate to have had a couple of dogs that really didn't get mated too much at a younger age so we enjoyed a lot of good times in the woods with them but once they start mating females regularly, they change to some extent. In the case of Haze mating females, it's a tough call because he's a young hound yet but now is when he has the most to offer as a stud dog so I hope we're fortunate enough as a breed to see him put on some good females.

Unrealistic expectations are a roadblock to success, judge your dogs by what they are ready to give not by what you wish they'd do.

Old Post 12-23-2009 01:59 AM
topdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topdog Click here to Send topdog a Private Message Click Here to Email topdog Visit topdog's homepage! Find more posts by topdog Add topdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

Haze

Even when his mind is not right he is still better than most. This is one fine hound that can and will GET-R-DONE!! It may take a year or two for the pup's to get up in age. We will see some top young hound's come from Haze. That will get it done in the hunt's. Haze is one if not the fastest hound I have ever seen on a track. He put's big mouth's in his pup's, good color houndy looking kind. If you have a get-r-done female dont over look Haze as a stud.

Ol ya Haze has a new girl friend right now.

Buck

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Click Here To Visit Web Site

Home of:

GRNITECH GRCH T-TOP DARK TIMBER MOOSE.....CO-OWNER Tom Solberg
GRNITCH L'S DARK TIMBER WENDY.....CO-OWNER Richard Lambert
NITECH GRCH DARK TIMBER RED ANGUS <AKA> DA BULL CO OWNER Jeremy Erho
'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM DARK TMBER ADDY CO-OWNER Pastor MIke
'PR' RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER BO

R.I.P
GRNITECH GRCH RATLIFF'S OUTLAW DIXIE
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch RATLIFF'S OUTLAW PL RED PENNY
GRNITECH CH SOGGY BOTTOM RAZOR'S LIVE WIRE (DAISY)
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch LONG TALL SALLY
NITECH RATLIFF'S T-TOP DARK TIMBER SPOOK
NITECH CH RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER HERNIE

A Proud Member of The Virginia Cartel and Virginia Coalition for Procyon Lotor Management & Control

The Few, the Proud, the Graduates of Raven's School of Shooting

Last edited by OUTLAW REDBONE on 12-24-2009 at 12:31 PM

Old Post 12-23-2009 01:05 PM
OUTLAW REDBONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OUTLAW REDBONE Click here to Send OUTLAW REDBONE a Private Message Visit OUTLAW REDBONE's homepage! Find more posts by OUTLAW REDBONE Add OUTLAW REDBONE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

On the low down

here are two male pup's out of Haze thay are three week's old

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Home of:

R.I.P

A Proud Member of The Virginia Cartel and Virginia Coalition for Procyon Lotor Management & Control

Old Post 12-24-2009 03:58 AM
OUTLAW REDBONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OUTLAW REDBONE Click here to Send OUTLAW REDBONE a Private Message Visit OUTLAW REDBONE's homepage! Find more posts by OUTLAW REDBONE Add OUTLAW REDBONE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barnyard
UKC Forum Member

Breeding vs Hunting;

I am not a breeder, nor do I profess to be, but I have always been a firm believer that if you want to hunt & campaign a dog, "Do That"!! If you want to breed the dog, "Do That"! It does change a dog tremendously! Some dogs managed to still win some, but it takes it's toll on any dog! Further more you end up with bitches in your kennel, around your dog before & after driving them nuts! I heard in a earlier thread that frozen semen was not as good but for my way of thinking it only makes good sense. When my Barnyard Harry was 1-1/2yrs old I had him drawn because I suspected that as hard going as he was, that he would probably get hit by a car! I made a decision to have him drawn because I knew that I wanted to put him in the hunts, & I can't stand to see a dog stand around peeing & slinging dirt & their owners making all kinds of excuses for them. The bottom line is (they still looked bad). When you have them drawn, you deal with a teaser bitch once! Anyone that wants to breed can deal with the A.I. breeder, which leaves me free to campaign my dog while at the same time produce pups to see if you like what you get! I can't for the life of me figure out why you guys that have nice dogs don't get them drawn as a saftey net. You will waste time spending money going to hunts after breeding, knowing your chances are slim, yet you won't take that same amount of money & protect your lines future! 'SHAME ON YOU"...
Just like so many others, you will read about another good dog dying, & you will ask the guy if he had him drawn. "No but I was gonna" famous last words. You guys wouldn't drive a car without insurance, so look at it like that. I would not waste my time talking genetics if I wasn't insightful enough to protect those genes! Think about it, PLEASE! We need the ability to use these good dogs at least through what should be their normal life expectancy! JMO!....

Cell- 574-538-9431

Old Post 12-24-2009 12:10 PM
Barnyard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barnyard Click here to Send Barnyard a Private Message Click Here to Email Barnyard Find more posts by Barnyard Add Barnyard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

Great Post

Great Post John......something all of us need to think about. Topdog and you are correct, breeding does change the dog. I'm going to look into getting Haze collected.

Merry Christmas!!

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 12-24-2009 01:55 PM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

BOTTOM LINE

HE IS A WINNER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Home of:

R.I.P

Old Post 12-25-2009 02:19 AM
snapper
UKC Forum Member

Mike and Buck

Remember that pup I never got ? Boys one of those Haze pups would look good beside my train pup off of Psycho in my kennel. Maybe a female ? (Lol) Merry Christmas to both and we'll see you at orangeburge.(In both nites)

252-883-9475. 252 813-5137
Hunting home of :

CCh.WCh.Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Harris' Psycho Train (2011- 2012-2013-2014-2015 performance sire)
2015 Purina Nationals Redbone Breed Winner
2015 SRBD Overall Champion (2 cast wins )
2015 1rst place Gr.nt & High Scoring dog sat.nt
2015 2nd place overall Thursday night SRBD
2015 2nd place RQE
2014 Eastern NC Challenge Gr.Nt.Ch.winner & King of Hunt
2014 National Redbone Days (3 cast wins)
2014 NC State Championship Gr.Nt.Ch. (winner Friday night )
2014 Southern redbone days Gr.nt.ch.(winner Thursday night all red hunt)
Qualified for 2014 world hunt
2014 Grand American 3rd place sat & high scoring Redbone male (1125 plus )

2013 ,1rst place winner at RQE
2013, 1rst place winner at zone 6, NC (double cast winner)
2013 , top 100 in the world
((2011 High Scoring Redbone male at Autumn Oaks 425+ ))
(( 2011 NRBA Zone 4 High Scoring Redbone ))
(( 2012 NRBA ZONE 4 High Scoring Redbone male ))
PKC money

(New Addition )
Ch.Nt.Ch.pr.Tree Rizen Razor's Quiet Riot (Drum)
Co owned with Rob Childers

(RIP one of the best ever)
Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Bings Tess ( 2010 Southern Redbone Days Overall Champion )
(2010 Grand American Final Four Finalist )

((( Only the Best )))
Banshee wildlife products
Cajun Lights (Pro staff)
Garmin
Nite-Time Hunting supply (Pro staff)

Old Post 12-25-2009 11:14 PM
snapper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for snapper Click here to Send snapper a Private Message Click Here to Email snapper Find more posts by snapper Add snapper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

andy.....I think buck had that pup but you never would get up here to pick it up....right

Merry Christmas and see you soon.

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Last edited by Pastor Mike on 12-27-2009 at 04:40 AM

Old Post 12-27-2009 02:06 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Pastor Mike, I just sold a couple of Haze's pups for $1,500 ea. I guess that I am not the only one that thinks that he will reproduce nice hounds.

Old Post 12-27-2009 06:56 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stokes08
UKC Forum Member

Congrats on selling the pups Richard...

Old Post 12-27-2009 08:21 PM
Stokes08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stokes08 Click here to Send Stokes08 a Private Message Find more posts by Stokes08 Add Stokes08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snapper
UKC Forum Member

Mike

Yep you are right. I never got up there to get a pup but my kennel was full at the time. Any way NO BIG DEAL ! Good luck at Grand American. You and Buck are in right. I'm in for both nites hunting NT CH Bings Tess. Hopefuly a Redbone will do good this year.

252-883-9475. 252 813-5137
Hunting home of :

CCh.WCh.Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Harris' Psycho Train (2011- 2012-2013-2014-2015 performance sire)
2015 Purina Nationals Redbone Breed Winner
2015 SRBD Overall Champion (2 cast wins )
2015 1rst place Gr.nt & High Scoring dog sat.nt
2015 2nd place overall Thursday night SRBD
2015 2nd place RQE
2014 Eastern NC Challenge Gr.Nt.Ch.winner & King of Hunt
2014 National Redbone Days (3 cast wins)
2014 NC State Championship Gr.Nt.Ch. (winner Friday night )
2014 Southern redbone days Gr.nt.ch.(winner Thursday night all red hunt)
Qualified for 2014 world hunt
2014 Grand American 3rd place sat & high scoring Redbone male (1125 plus )

2013 ,1rst place winner at RQE
2013, 1rst place winner at zone 6, NC (double cast winner)
2013 , top 100 in the world
((2011 High Scoring Redbone male at Autumn Oaks 425+ ))
(( 2011 NRBA Zone 4 High Scoring Redbone ))
(( 2012 NRBA ZONE 4 High Scoring Redbone male ))
PKC money

(New Addition )
Ch.Nt.Ch.pr.Tree Rizen Razor's Quiet Riot (Drum)
Co owned with Rob Childers

(RIP one of the best ever)
Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Bings Tess ( 2010 Southern Redbone Days Overall Champion )
(2010 Grand American Final Four Finalist )

((( Only the Best )))
Banshee wildlife products
Cajun Lights (Pro staff)
Garmin
Nite-Time Hunting supply (Pro staff)

Old Post 12-27-2009 09:36 PM
snapper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for snapper Click here to Send snapper a Private Message Click Here to Email snapper Find more posts by snapper Add snapper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

andy.....we are on the wait list for Friday night but I'm sure we'll get to hunt......if not.....no biggie for me.....buck would be more disappointed than me. we have to head back on saturday because I have to take care of sunday morning for my pastor since he will be out of town.....looking forward to seeing and catching up with you. I think we'll be there sometime thursday evening.

Richard.......are you going to give me some of that cash.......buck never offered me a pup or a stud fee.........you know we could superstake them for some of that investment

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Last edited by Pastor Mike on 12-27-2009 at 11:37 PM

Old Post 12-27-2009 10:38 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I did not consider it, but why don't you call PKC and see what it would take to S/S Haze. The pups could be "grandfathered" in for a late fee if Haze was S/S.

Old Post 12-28-2009 12:16 AM
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

S/S

Sound's good $$$$$$$.

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Home of:

R.I.P

Old Post 12-30-2009 02:44 AM
1deadeye
UKC Forum Member

BTT

Pastor Mike. Sent you a pm.
Scott

Home of,
PR Nitech Leinie Red Ryder
PR Jan Da Red Ryder Butcher ( JJ )

Old Post 01-03-2010 05:08 PM
1deadeye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1deadeye Click here to Send 1deadeye a Private Message Find more posts by 1deadeye Add 1deadeye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roger Hall
UKC Forum Member

Mike I made it home alright. It was great working with you on this cross. I truly believe this is going to be a cross that folks are going to talk about for years to come.

Roger

P.S. don't you just hate it when you just get part of the story. HE HE More to come!!!!!

Old Post 01-13-2010 01:15 PM
Roger Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roger Hall Click here to Send Roger Hall a Private Message Find more posts by Roger Hall Add Roger Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

Roger, glad you made it home in good shape. Get that pretty truck washed off......lol.

The cross should be a good one .....

if you don't mind, pm me the name and number of the fellow in north carolina and I'll give him a call today. thanks.

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Last edited by Pastor Mike on 01-13-2010 at 02:10 PM

Old Post 01-13-2010 02:04 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

So, Roger has a secret too! I guess that this cross is going to put 3 big named reproducers all in one pedigree?

Old Post 01-13-2010 03:43 PM
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

There are quite a few great reproducers in the pedigree of the cross that roger is making. very nice. Thanks Roger......I've really enjoyed spending time talking dogs with you.

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 01-14-2010 02:02 PM
Roger Hall
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Mike, I've enjoy the time we spent together also. You and Buck have a very fine breeding program down there. You guys keep doing what you are doing. It's working and you are doing the breed proud.

For you folks that don't know Pastor Mike and Buck. They are two of the finest guys you will ever meet and they have a real nice pack of Redbone hounds.

Roger

Old Post 01-15-2010 10:18 AM
Roger Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roger Hall Click here to Send Roger Hall a Private Message Find more posts by Roger Hall Add Roger Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

THANKS

There Roger, all I can say is GOOD FRIEND'S, GOOD HOUND'S, GET-R-DONE.

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Home of:

R.I.P

Old Post 01-17-2010 02:07 PM