UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > timber rattler or bawlie??
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
POP
UKC Forum Member

timber rattler or bawlie??

anyone hunt with them? who owned them? what were they out of? just curious.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-22-2007 02:52 AM
POP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POP Click here to Send POP a Private Message Find more posts by POP Add POP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POP
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 08-22-2007 10:47 AM
POP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POP Click here to Send POP a Private Message Find more posts by POP Add POP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jayray
UKC Forum Member

pop,me & my partner owned both of those dogs back in the mid & late 90's.bawlie was out of rattler & hillbilly maxie.maxie being out of hillbilly mac.bawlie was one of the most athletic hounds i have ever saw.he was a little junky at times but man could he tree a coon.he was a beutiful hound with a good mouth.i would love to have one like him now.we sold bawlie to buy his dad timber rattler.he was out of jims cedar creek clipper who was out of lipper & an old harry bitch.his dam was griffin's dina who was houses chief & spring creek rock breed.rattler had alot of the old blood in him.rattler also had the loudest mouths of any hound that i have ever heard.it would flat ring your eardrums.most hounds out of rattler would tree but some were a little shy & some were a little mean.he was about like any other stud dog he threw good & bad,but we had one son out of him that is still my all time favorite hound which was gr.nite ch.gr.ch.timber rattling henry man what i wouldn't give for one just like him today.sorry i got a little longwinded but replying to this brought back some mighty good memories.

Old Post 08-22-2007 01:04 PM
jayray is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jayray Click here to Send jayray a Private Message Click Here to Email jayray Find more posts by jayray Add jayray to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rocky tanner
UKC Forum Member

I also hunted with both in MS at a fellows house about 7 or 8 months apart. Bawlie was Super LOUD nice dogs.

Old Post 08-22-2007 01:29 PM
rocky tanner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rocky tanner Click here to Send rocky tanner a Private Message Click Here to Email rocky tanner Find more posts by rocky tanner Add rocky tanner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POP
UKC Forum Member

THANKS JAYRAY. I LOVE HEARING STORYS ABOUT THE OLD BLOOD. YOU TALK ALL YOU WANT.

Old Post 08-22-2007 02:01 PM
Dale Hurlock
UKC Forum Member

If your going to AO look up Dale Hurlock we have a seven generation pedagree on a grandson out of Timber rattler. At the time of breeding Bob Burkhart owned Timber Rattler and they lived Mo. His grandson is still alive and we made his great grandson a Dual Grand, Performance Sire.

Regina Hurlock

Last edited by Dale Hurlock on 08-22-2007 at 07:49 PM

Old Post 08-22-2007 07:41 PM
Dale Hurlock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dale Hurlock Click here to Send Dale Hurlock a Private Message Click Here to Email Dale Hurlock Find more posts by Dale Hurlock Add Dale Hurlock to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

??

i thought archie dore of louisiana owned rattler?

NITECH CH HTX PR SHANNON'S HILLBILLY CHIEF 6 CAST WINS
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY LUCIE
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY MAXIE

If you can read this thank a TEACHER
If you can read this in English, thank a VETERAN

www.freewebs.com/shannonshowmekennels

United States Army Retired

Old Post 08-22-2007 08:07 PM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jayray
UKC Forum Member

mike,we sold archie timber rattling henry when he was about 5 and archie kept him till he died.

Old Post 08-22-2007 08:16 PM
jayray is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jayray Click here to Send jayray a Private Message Click Here to Email jayray Find more posts by jayray Add jayray to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

thanks

thank you

NITECH CH HTX PR SHANNON'S HILLBILLY CHIEF 6 CAST WINS
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY LUCIE
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY MAXIE

If you can read this thank a TEACHER
If you can read this in English, thank a VETERAN

www.freewebs.com/shannonshowmekennels

United States Army Retired

Old Post 08-22-2007 09:18 PM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SUGARBUSH
UKC Forum Member

Bawlie

chad medlock has the coma's stylish legend dog, which is a gr.pup to old bawlie, i had his mother here BAWLIES SHEENA and i'll tell ya, she had a nice mouth and was easy too look at, she throwed some real nice pups when i bred her to my old STYLISH TACK dog.. Pete

"CH.GRNITECH PSYCHO ROY"
"PSYCHO HANK" 2 1st place wins. High scoring dog and 1st place reg fri nite 2013 ohio state hunt
"MILL CREEK SI "

PETE SLONE
440 855 1558

WE ARE ALL LIKE OUR HOUNDS.. WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES... GOD BLESS U ALL..

Old Post 08-22-2007 09:43 PM
SUGARBUSH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SUGARBUSH Click here to Send SUGARBUSH a Private Message Click Here to Email SUGARBUSH Find more posts by SUGARBUSH Add SUGARBUSH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rowdyhound
UKC Forum Member

I've got a little female with Clipper and Dina in her 7 gen pedigree!!!!

Old Post 08-22-2007 10:12 PM
rowdyhound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rowdyhound Click here to Send rowdyhound a Private Message Click Here to Email rowdyhound Find more posts by rowdyhound Add rowdyhound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GRNT Coondawg
Banned

George Thornhill studed Bawlie back in 2000 for awhile so there should be some out of him still alive.

Old Post 08-22-2007 10:19 PM
GRNT Coondawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GRNT Coondawg Click here to Send GRNT Coondawg a Private Message Click Here to Email GRNT Coondawg Find more posts by GRNT Coondawg Add GRNT Coondawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POP
UKC Forum Member

thank you mrs. hurlock. i will look dale up if i come.
you guys keep it up, im sure im not the only one who enjoys taking a trip down memory lane.
im sure at the time we all thought we could find and/or breed a better hound, but looking back has to make you wonder sometimes.

Old Post 08-22-2007 10:42 PM
RON PRUEMER
UKC Forum Member

We hunted Bawlie for a while when George Thornhill owned. He was a real nice hound with a good mouth.

Old Post 08-22-2007 10:48 PM
RON PRUEMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RON PRUEMER Click here to Send RON PRUEMER a Private Message Click Here to Email RON PRUEMER Find more posts by RON PRUEMER Add RON PRUEMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smokin-1-mo
UKC Forum Member

bawlie was raised and trainright here 5 miles from my house by keith admundson he is the one who also titled him..........he really liked him...
i hunted timber rattler and kicker for john mcallister when he owned him and i believe he is one of if not the loudest hound i ever heard on the tree..........you could here him along way..i tried to buy him once from a man in ok............

Old Post 08-23-2007 12:07 AM
smokin-1-mo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smokin-1-mo Click here to Send smokin-1-mo a Private Message Click Here to Email smokin-1-mo Find more posts by smokin-1-mo Add smokin-1-mo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POP
UKC Forum Member

i talked to dave smith of kansas and he said he sold timber rattler to delton hall who then sold him to john monroe who owned him when he died. dave said delton might have a straw or two left from timber.
dave said when he owned bawlie, that he was the loudest hound he ever followed.

Old Post 08-23-2007 01:33 AM
Scott Wilson
UKC Forum Member

Pop, I hunted w/ Timber Rattler on a Nt.Ch. cast a long, long, time ago.....I just thought I had a hound w/ a BIG mouth @ the time....To this day Rattler is THE BIGGEST HOUND I have ever heard.

Old Post 08-23-2007 02:20 AM
Scott Wilson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott Wilson Click here to Send Scott Wilson a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott Wilson Find more posts by Scott Wilson Add Scott Wilson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POP
UKC Forum Member

i keep hearing that Scott..........everyone says he was loud. i would liked to have hunted with him.

Old Post 08-23-2007 02:26 AM
POP
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 08-23-2007 01:42 PM
rgregory
UKC Forum Member

I hunted with Timber Rattler he could sure rattle the woods.

Old Post 08-23-2007 02:12 PM
rgregory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rgregory Click here to Send rgregory a Private Message Click Here to Email rgregory Find more posts by rgregory Add rgregory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jayray
UKC Forum Member

if anyone knows someone with a nice dog out of bawlie that they might sell please let me know.post on here or call 910-890-2552 thanks,robert b.

Old Post 08-23-2007 05:18 PM
jayray
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 08-23-2007 06:59 PM
POP
UKC Forum Member

BTT

Old Post 08-24-2007 01:51 PM
RayMo
New UKC Forum Member

Jayray do you have any pictures of Rattler and Bawlie

Old Post 03-07-2021 01:25 AM
RayMo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RayMo Click here to Send RayMo a Private Message Find more posts by RayMo Add RayMo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Guys, this is the kind of post that I really enjoy, walking down memory lane with some of the foundation dogs of today's dogs. I could read these posts over and over and never get tired of reading them. Please post more comments. Dave

Old Post 03-07-2021 03:49 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote