UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Counterfeits
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
arkansas cooner
UKC Forum Member

Counterfeits

What was one of the ďBigtimerĒ dogs that you always read about but when you hunted with them they were worthless or mediocre?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-05-2021 11:05 PM
arkansas cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arkansas cooner Click here to Send arkansas cooner a Private Message Click Here to Email arkansas cooner Find more posts by arkansas cooner Add arkansas cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brady bean
UKC Forum Member

Fixnn to be some hurt feelings here!!

Old Post 03-05-2021 11:55 PM
Brady bean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brady bean Click here to Send Brady bean a Private Message Click Here to Email Brady bean Find more posts by Brady bean Add Brady bean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

I've been with two world champions, breed leaders, state leaders, and as many Gr Nts as the next guy, and I've only seen three dogs that I considered above average. Most are just pretty good dogs with great promoters.
But I'll not be naming names, lol.

Old Post 03-06-2021 02:20 AM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cory Highfill
I've been with two world champions, breed leaders, state leaders, and as many Gr Nts as the next guy, and I've only seen three dogs that I considered above average. Most are just pretty good dogs with great promoters.

X2, There are very few exceptional dogs and most folks will rarely ever see or own a dog that is truly exceptional every night, year in and year out. I have seen several that looked good at times, but we're not consistent enough to be exceptional. Dave

Old Post 03-06-2021 03:10 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rooster731
UKC Forum Member

A dog that is mediocre every night of the week with a good handler that knows their dogs every move before they make it will win alot of hunts. I wouldnt necessarily call them counterfits since thats yhe name of the game.

Old Post 03-06-2021 04:07 AM
rooster731 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for rooster731 Click here to Send rooster731 a Private Message Find more posts by rooster731 Add rooster731 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

80-90% of the nite hunt dogs r counterfeits....jmo

Old Post 03-06-2021 11:50 AM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

In my case, itís the fat bald headed dude I see in the mirror thatís the counterfeit! I have no room to critique any dog until I get back to hunting enough to do so

Gone but not forgotten: Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Beckyís Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Old Post 03-06-2021 01:36 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Surveyor
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Vic Stoll
In my case, itís the fat bald headed dude I see in the mirror thatís the counterfeit! I have no room to critique any dog until I get back to hunting enough to do so

Lol, I'm right there with you!

2 time world finalist, 10th overall and high scoring Bluetick of the 2010 UKC World Coonhound Championship
NASHOBA VALLEY PIAZON, (RIP)
his littermate brother
UKC NT CH SHEPPARDS NORTHERN
BLUE LONER (RIP)
UKC GR NT CH RATTLERS BLUE SKY (RIP)
UKC Gr NT CH, PKC Ch Sheppard's Northern Blue Abbie, (PiazonxSky) UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Sheppards Northern Blue Punkin (PiazonXAlice) High scoring Bluetick of the 2015 (50th anniversary) Grand American, 2017 National Grand Nite Champion of breed, 2017 BBOA zone 4 Nite hunt dog of the year. Queen of hunt on 2019 Grand National Bluetick Reunion, 5th place and High Scoring Bluetick of 2019 UKC world Nite hunt Championship, 2019 Triple Crown Winner.
UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Mckintosh's Blue Flame Chopper
Gr Nt Ch Sheppards Northern Blue Goomba (Piazon X Dizzie) 14th place 2017 UKC world coon hound championship 100 purina point cast wins in 2018
and several other blueticks of lesser accomplishments

Old Post 03-06-2021 01:43 PM
Surveyor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Surveyor Click here to Send Surveyor a Private Message Click Here to Email Surveyor Find more posts by Surveyor Add Surveyor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy Bedgood
UKC Forum Member

Had an older fellow tell me years ago that the difference between a good dog and a great dog was a full page add in the magazine every month.

Old Post 03-06-2021 01:55 PM
Andy Bedgood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Bedgood Click here to Send Andy Bedgood a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy Bedgood Find more posts by Andy Bedgood Add Andy Bedgood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arkansas cooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Will you name the ones that you really liked?

Old Post 03-06-2021 02:53 PM
arkansas cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arkansas cooner Click here to Send arkansas cooner a Private Message Click Here to Email arkansas cooner Find more posts by arkansas cooner Add arkansas cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arkansas cooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Will you name the ones that you really liked?

Old Post 03-06-2021 02:53 PM
PreacherTom
New UKC Forum Member

30 years ago a guy I hunted with that had run the competition trail pretty hard asked me what's the difference in a $500 dog and a $2500 dog. I said I didn't know. He said $2000 and that's about it. I've found that there was a lot of truth in that statement.

Old Post 03-06-2021 03:25 PM
PreacherTom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PreacherTom Click here to Send PreacherTom a Private Message Click Here to Email PreacherTom Find more posts by PreacherTom Add PreacherTom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by PreacherTom
30 years ago a guy I hunted with that had run the competition trail pretty hard asked me what's the difference in a $500 dog and a $2500 dog. I said I didn't know. He said $2000 and that's about it. I've found that there was a lot of truth in that statement.
X2. I might add that who owns them has a lot to do with it too.

Old Post 03-06-2021 08:48 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arkansas cooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 2nd Mac
X2. I might add that who owns them has a lot to do with it too.

I see that a lot more now because of Facebook

Old Post 03-06-2021 08:52 PM
rocky tanner
UKC Forum Member

log chain leroy loud tree dog no coons seen
and we treed 4 singles that night with our less valuable dogs LOL

Old Post 03-07-2021 03:14 AM
rocky tanner is online now Click Here to See the Profile for rocky tanner Click here to Send rocky tanner a Private Message Click Here to Email rocky tanner Find more posts by rocky tanner Add rocky tanner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote