UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Will the coons get blamed tonight :)
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wjoey
Banned

Will the coons get blamed tonight :)

Will the coons get blamed tonight Im heading to the hay field to wrap things up this week I Hope they tree a bunch but if they dont , DONT BLAME THE COONS !!

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-20-2018 04:10 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Yeah what he said lol.

Tar

Old Post 09-20-2018 04:19 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

A buddy of mine was a non hunting guide both nights at the Zones. Both nights they saw more than 10 coons. Fri night they made several trees but never scored a coon. Sat night they made several trees but only scored 1 coon and cast winner had 100+. Guess what? They blamed it on the coons. .

Old Post 09-20-2018 06:01 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Richard Lambert

I would like to see those guys hunting in Jan/Feb in these mountains! They can't tree them this time of year, something is wrong. Dave

Old Post 09-20-2018 06:07 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DwayneWhite
UKC Forum Member

Re: Richard Lambert

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
I would like to see those guys hunting in Jan/Feb in these mountains! They can't tree them this time of year, something is wrong. Dave

I wouldn't blame it on the coons. I would much rather be hunting in them mountains in Jan or Feb. I bet id tree a lot more coons. If it anything like here in MS its rough. It is 100 degrees here everyday and very dry. Scent conditions are terrible.

Old Post 09-20-2018 06:24 PM
DwayneWhite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DwayneWhite Click here to Send DwayneWhite a Private Message Click Here to Email DwayneWhite Find more posts by DwayneWhite Add DwayneWhite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Blame

Down here scent conditions are terrible too. No coons to leave scent is main problem. Choot'em makes rhem better 🐶, they think. Stroke'n that ego!

Old Post 09-20-2018 07:25 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adams, Harold
UKC Forum Member

Its gonna be hot here for here tonight but supposed to cool down as the weekend goes.... Should be plenty of coon treed this weekend. That area has been known as coon country for decades....I'm sure there are a few dry holes you can be put in but overall "should" be a steady flow of decent scores. Good luck to all!!

Old Post 09-20-2018 07:57 PM
Adams, Harold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adams, Harold Click here to Send Adams, Harold a Private Message Click Here to Email Adams, Harold Find more posts by Adams, Harold Add Adams, Harold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JesseJ
UKC Forum Member

Blame

IF THEY CANT BLAME THE COON CAN THE BLAME THE JUDGES? JesseJ

Old Post 09-20-2018 09:13 PM
JesseJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JesseJ Click here to Send JesseJ a Private Message Click Here to Email JesseJ Find more posts by JesseJ Add JesseJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Dwayne White

Mr. White, you have a standing invitation to come hunt anytime, just pm me for any info you need. P. S. Bring a coondog! Dave

Old Post 09-20-2018 09:41 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ghost14
UKC Forum Member

I’m being serious when I ask this question because I’ve never seen a coon just shining a light into the trees. Richard, Are you saying they saw 10 coons and not one tree was made by the dogs? A man I know bought 2 pups out of Michigan, he said they saw 10 or 12 coons just sitting up in trees when he hunted with the father to the puppies. That’s something you most likely won’t ever see in these mountains. I’ve never seen a coon sitting in a tree unless a dog was parked under it in the past 20 years.

Old Post 09-21-2018 12:18 AM
Ghost14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ghost14 Click here to Send Ghost14 a Private Message Click Here to Email Ghost14 Find more posts by Ghost14 Add Ghost14 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Ghost14

I hunted for many years in these mountains before I saw a coon sitting up that the dogs didn't tree. You don't see coons sitting up when coons are scarce. You can see lots of coons sitting up in places where coons are plentiful and where there is a lot of food [ around corn fields, pecan groves, etc. ]. Dave

Old Post 09-21-2018 01:13 AM
mike fleming
UKC Forum Member

Cant blame it on Georgia this year.

Old Post 09-21-2018 03:23 AM
mike fleming is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike fleming Click here to Send mike fleming a Private Message Find more posts by mike fleming Add mike fleming to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mike fleming
Cant blame it on Georgia this year.

They can say what they want about Georgia but the final cast(s) there at the world(s) last year each had as many or more plus then the Grand Masters final four and Autumn Oaks final four in Indiana ... combined.

It can happen anywhere to any of them.

Old Post 09-21-2018 04:21 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, one cast was a dead cast. How do 4 of the top 100 coonhounds in the World not score on a coon in Ohio in 2 hrs?

Old Post 09-21-2018 05:51 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling
UKC Forum Member

Hunted here at home two nights this week treed 9 coons with young dogs they moving good here.

Old Post 09-21-2018 05:57 AM
bowling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling Click here to Send bowling a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling Visit bowling's homepage! Find more posts by bowling Add bowling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

May have ran in the beans. Coon not moving or possibly not a coondog in the cast.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 09-21-2018 05:59 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Dogs

It's still early [ 1 am ], but some of the casts are back in and it looks like we have some legitimate coon treeing dogs in this bunch. Should be a real good hunt. Dave

Old Post 09-21-2018 06:12 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Dogs

Some real good scores early round and 24/25 dogs treed a coon in the late round. Excellent job all the way around. Should be an exciting finish! Dave

Old Post 09-21-2018 12:12 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, one cast was a dead cast. How do 4 of the top 100 coonhounds in the World not score on a coon in Ohio in 2 hrs?

How does a real coonhunter even ask that question? Tongue in cheek?

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 09-21-2018 01:40 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I have lots of questions..... But not very many answers. Like, how many possums were treed last night?

Old Post 09-21-2018 02:00 PM
Jmyers8
UKC Forum Member

I pleasure hunted around the same woods that everyone was in last night. We had 2 dogs that both can win a cast and in 3 hours we treed 2 coons on a river bottom around corn. It's dry and hit and they aren't moving real well. I wasn't surprised by some of the low scores big glad to see some bigger scores get on some coons. Tonight's weather could be hairy

Old Post 09-21-2018 02:09 PM
Jmyers8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jmyers8 Click here to Send Jmyers8 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jmyers8 Find more posts by Jmyers8 Add Jmyers8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

1st round 26 casts 25 came in with plus points.
2nd round 25 dogs went to the woods 24 treed a coon.

Last edited by Bob Hennessey on 09-21-2018 at 04:02 PM

Old Post 09-21-2018 02:37 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
They can say what they want about Georgia but the final cast(s) there at the world(s) last year each had as many or more plus then the Grand Masters final four and Autumn Oaks final four in Indiana ... combined.

It can happen anywhere to any of them.

In Ohio last night, 26 casts went out and 25 came back with plus points. All but 1 cast had plus pounts in the late round.
In Georgia, they didn't even have enough plus points cast winners on Thursday night to have a late round on Friday night.
But your are absolutely right, you can have a dead cast anywhere.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 09-21-2018 03:04 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Surely everyone realizes that coons are harder to tree in most parts of the South than they are in the North.

Old Post 09-21-2018 03:53 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Ain't like hunting in a golf course down here !!

Tar

Old Post 09-21-2018 03:57 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote