UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Happy Fathers Day!!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

Happy Fathers Day!!

Happy Fathers Day Men!

I’ll always be thankful for a father who loved and cherished me as a son from the time I was born until his death at 94 years old. He knew the woods, the trees, the birds and the animals and fish that inhabited the surrounding area I have lived in since I was born. He was a WWII Veteran serving in the Navy and survived some fierce battles on a destroyer named the USS Picking. Perhaps the most prominent being the battle of Okinawa.

We lived, played and worked together for most of the 58 years we were together. The last 7 years of his working career we worked side by side. The final 5 years of his life were spent in a nursing home. His mind was sharp as a tack right up until the last year of his life when other physical issues effected his cognitive ability at times.

When the last days were drawing near there was a choice that had to be made on wether or not to continue treatment for his condition. I was his Power of Attorney and so I asked him what he wanted me to do. He responded, “I'll do whatever you tell me to do.” I said, “No Dad, this is yours to make.” He said, “I’ve had a good life. They’ve told me they can control the discomfort, I’m ready to go.” I made him promise to find some good trout fishing holes in those streams that flow through the green pastures of the 23rd Psalm, hugged him tightly and told him I’d see him soon! He was 94 and was just 3 months shy of 95 when he entered eternity with God. I look forward to our reunion in a place where there are no sorrows nor tears.

May God Bless you all and your families! Love ‘em while you got ‘em cause time flies!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-19-2022 04:29 PM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

AMEN!

Old Post 06-19-2022 05:43 PM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PreacherTom
UKC Forum Member

Those of us who had loving caring Fathers are more blessed than we will ever know. My Dad was also my best friend. But for those who maybe never had a Father or had a Father that did not love them like he should have, we all have a great Heavenly Father who loves us. I am thankful that my Dad gave me a picture on earth of what that love is like.

Old Post 06-19-2022 06:17 PM
PreacherTom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PreacherTom Click here to Send PreacherTom a Private Message Click Here to Email PreacherTom Find more posts by PreacherTom Add PreacherTom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe W. Smith
UKC Forum Member

I am so blessed, got to celebrate Father’s Day with my 95 year old father yesterday. Dads mind is as sharp as can be but has to use a walker to get around the house. We are a big family and so blessed for these great years with dad.

Old Post 06-20-2022 08:17 PM
Joe W. Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe W. Smith Click here to Send Joe W. Smith a Private Message Find more posts by Joe W. Smith Add Joe W. Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote