UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > TT 15 Mini Screws
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AAThoundhunter
UKC Forum Member

TT 15 Mini Screws

Does anyone know where I can get ahold of some of the little torx screws for the TT15 mini battery housing. I did a battery replacement and accidentally stripped 2 out because they were pretty dirty. I think I can get them back in but they’ll never be taken out again. I’m trying to avoid that if possible.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-17-2022 03:17 PM
AAThoundhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AAThoundhunter Click here to Send AAThoundhunter a Private Message Find more posts by AAThoundhunter Add AAThoundhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preston Chadwell
UKC Forum Member

Take one of the screws to Fastenal, they can match up the thread pitch, diameter, and length.

Old Post 06-17-2022 03:26 PM
Preston Chadwell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preston Chadwell Click here to Send Preston Chadwell a Private Message Click Here to Email Preston Chadwell Find more posts by Preston Chadwell Add Preston Chadwell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
deadeye ruck
UKC Forum Member

Conkey has what you need, just give them a call

Simon Rucker
(540)-420-1787

GrNiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Candy's Stylish Swag 2014 VA State PKC top 10 and 2022/2023 Super Stakes Sire & 2022 UKC Performance Sire
GrNiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Late Night Backwater Piper
NiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Risky Ruby
'PR' Stylish Poison Neon Moon
'PR' Stylish Poison Pickles

Old Post 06-25-2022 02:56 AM
deadeye ruck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for deadeye ruck Click here to Send deadeye ruck a Private Message Click Here to Email deadeye ruck Find more posts by deadeye ruck Add deadeye ruck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AAThoundhunter
UKC Forum Member

I gave them a call and they could not help me. Fastenal was no help either. Kinda outta luck at the moment. Eye glass store didn’t have the right ones either.

Old Post 06-26-2022 09:55 PM
AAThoundhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AAThoundhunter Click here to Send AAThoundhunter a Private Message Find more posts by AAThoundhunter Add AAThoundhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

AAThoundhunter

I realize the screws are very small. Can you use small file and cross cut the head so you can use flat bit screwdriver? Needle nose vise grips to hold screw. Wrap cloth on threads before clamping. Fasten vise grips in a vise to secure while cross cutting. I've cross cut several over the years but not this small.

Good Luck
Randi

Old Post 06-27-2022 12:27 AM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

At the risk of sounding like Captain Obvious, have you called Garmin?

Old Post 06-27-2022 01:05 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Send me your address. I think there are 4 on the outer edges of the battery cover on back of the collar. I can send you a set of them.

Old Post 06-27-2022 04:02 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dean Beau
New UKC Forum Member

In the past I have just gone to the hardware store and got them out of those little drawers. I believe they are #0 metric fine thread. Before I discovered that I got them from Garmin at a buck a piece. That is probably pretty cheep compared to now a days.

Old Post 06-27-2022 06:42 PM
Dean Beau is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dean Beau Click here to Send Dean Beau a Private Message Click Here to Email Dean Beau Find more posts by Dean Beau Add Dean Beau to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Headed your way.

Old Post 06-30-2022 11:59 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AAThoundhunter
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Bruce, you and your team are A+!

Old Post 06-30-2022 06:11 PM