UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > best hunting light on the market
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
coonhunter00
UKC Forum Member

Since 2005 when I started hunting with hounds I have had everything from a Wheat light , Bright eyes box / Belt lights, Sunspots , to Superiors

On my shelf I have a Dakota , Sunspot mini, Sunspot Horizon, Sunspot Rage, and HellCat Maxx

In my opinion the new Superior HellCat Maxx FDE is the best light I have owned. Best walk light I have seen on one and I have went through a lot of lights ! and Grear customer service.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-02-2021 01:04 PM
coonhunter00 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunter00 Click here to Send coonhunter00 a Private Message Click Here to Email coonhunter00 Find more posts by coonhunter00 Add coonhunter00 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike fleming
UKC Forum Member

Can’t go wrong with Superior

Old Post 12-02-2021 11:40 PM
mike fleming is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike fleming Click here to Send mike fleming a Private Message Find more posts by mike fleming Add mike fleming to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.R.__Ratliff
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by OisinBauer
Thanks for your recommendation @J.R.__Ratliff! Have you ever used a GOODSMANN Rechargeable 4500? I was reading this guide https://deerhuntingfield.com/best-hunting-spotlights/ and the author recommended the GOODSMANN Rechargeable.

I have never used them. All I use is the Superior Hellcat Maxx FDE and the New Hellkitten (Lol not at the same time) . Best on the market Sam Davis and the crew at Nitehunters.com have some quality well made products. By far the best customer service in hunting lights. In my opinion superior over the rest.

Check em out at : https://nitehunters.com/

Old Post 12-03-2021 11:11 AM
J.R.__Ratliff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.R.__Ratliff Click here to Send J.R.__Ratliff a Private Message Click Here to Email J.R.__Ratliff Visit J.R.__Ratliff's homepage! Find more posts by J.R.__Ratliff Add J.R.__Ratliff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

https://outdoorlifesupply.com/brown...noon-spotlight/
I like this light…it has eyelets on the top side to loop an tie a 1/8” string and carry it around your neck for hands free lighting…you can charge your phone with it if needed…

Sells for over a hundred bucks but this place has it for less than 65 bucks…

Old Post 12-04-2021 10:57 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

Cajun Rougarou

You WILL NOT be disappointed.

NITECH CH HTX PR SHANNON'S HILLBILLY CHIEF 6 CAST WINS
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY LUCIE
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY MAXIE

If you can read this thank a TEACHER
If you can read this in English, thank a VETERAN

www.freewebs.com/shannonshowmekennels

United States Army Retired

Old Post 12-04-2021 11:32 PM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Yep....!!!

quote:
Originally posted by mike fleming
Can’t go wrong with Superior

The BEST you can get......!!!
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 06-21-2022 11:13 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Lights

The problem with most Lights today are they have gotten to be too heavy, Heads are too big, too many Modules, too Bright or even too Dim for where you need the light to shine, too many Options & Switches to mess with and they have become not so simple to operate.
Take a Walklight for instance.......it's supposed to shine around your feet & around you.....NOT 300 feet out in front of you & look more like a Spotlight than a Walklight.
Weight is another issue.....for me. If you advertise it to be 20 ounces then please make it pretty dang close to that.
I remember the good old days when I had 1 Beltlight & that was all I had......Back then it was a Competition Light Connection 20 or 24 volt Light.........Never left me in the dark, not once. Before I had that Light I had a Sunburst Eagle 2+2.......Great Dependable Light & was heavy but comfortable. I found 100's of Coons with these Lights. They only had Pop Covers with them & No Walklight Modules.....the Main Beam had a Great Halo on first 2 clicks to Walk with.
Although these Newer Lights are much Better with the LED stuff they still are lacking in what a Good Simple Operating Light should be with the shining light in all the right places.
Alot of Good Lights out there......But if they could take some things from this brand of light & some good things from another brand of light & put them together to come up with a GREAT Light.....that would be 👍👍😉😁
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Last edited by Triple K Kennel on 07-09-2022 at 03:49 AM

Old Post 07-08-2022 02:03 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Georgeb
UKC Forum Member

If a Wisdom light had a red or amber extra led for shining trees it would suit me.They do come with pop covers.Light weight,dependable,bright,bombproof and water proof.Can be used as a power bank for phone,alpha.Have a decent halo for walking.You. could carry a spot light on your belt if you can't see good.I found lots of coons with a Wheat lite in the old days and this little light makes a wheat lite look like a candle.These fancy lights today are too fragile,heavy and expensive.

Old Post 07-09-2022 11:48 AM
Georgeb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Georgeb Click here to Send Georgeb a Private Message Click Here to Email Georgeb Find more posts by Georgeb Add Georgeb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Agreed

quote:
Originally posted by Georgeb
If a Wisdom light had a red or amber extra led for shining trees it would suit me.They do come with pop covers.Light weight,dependable,bright,bombproof and water proof.Can be used as a power bank for phone,alpha.Have a decent halo for walking.You. could carry a spot light on your belt if you can't see good.I found lots of coons with a Wheat lite in the old days and this little light makes a wheat lite look like a candle.These fancy lights today are too fragile,heavy and expensive.

Yep.....you are pretty much set on.
I haven't seen or used one of the Wisdom Lights......But I do think it's all the Light you need from what I hear about them.

Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 07-09-2022 12:43 PM
Georgeb
UKC Forum Member

My wisdom is 4 1/2 yrs old and still works good.My only coonhunting light for 2yrs along with a RM spotlight.(also a very good light).Rarely ever used the spot to find a coon.Dont like pop covers.Then I got a reaper and the wisdom was my back up and used every night around the house or when I needed a light.I can tolerate weight on my head but the lighter the better.I have to tote around a huge brain.The wisdom is light weight i missed that..The hellkitten was a little improvement in weight than the reaper.Of course the kitten and reaper are nicer lights but almost twice the money.The wisdom is alot lighter and tougher .Just needs a red or amber led added.just take it off your cap to use for a walk light if you want but it shines the ground pretty good on your cap..

Old Post 07-09-2022 03:37 PM
Georgeb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Georgeb Click here to Send Georgeb a Private Message Click Here to Email Georgeb Find more posts by Georgeb Add Georgeb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan Turner
UKC Forum Member

light

Hellcat Max from Sam Davis Adamsville Tennessee Best light on market now

Old Post 07-09-2022 07:29 PM
Dan Turner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan Turner Click here to Send Dan Turner a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan Turner Find more posts by Dan Turner Add Dan Turner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: light

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Turner
Hellcat Max from Sam Davis Adamsville Tennessee Best light on market now

No doubt & I would agree that Sam builds a Great Light. I haven't used a Hellcat Maxx yet.......But I already know it's a Great Light.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 07-09-2022 11:19 PM