UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Midnite Haze
Pages (92): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Midnite Haze

Haze is available for stud (live breeding only) in 2013 and is a Performance Sire.

Haze has a pure bawl on track, he will not chop on a track no matter how hot it is. Nice yodel locate and changeover to tree. Good chop on tree except in hot weather, he will have a bawl-chop. Haze is a straight cooner, doesn't run deer or tree possums, he will easily tell on dogs that are trashy.
Haze isn't perfect and is not what many people would call a flashy coondog, he just gets the job done.

Haze just finished his HTX hunt title (8/19/13), he passed 3 tests in a row.

Haze comes from a long line of reproducers, his Sire is Rabble Rouser was a former #1 reproducer and has crossed the threshold of 13% reproductive rate and will only get higher. His Dam is pigeon and is a former #1 reproducer and Haze himself has been the #1 current reproducer and is currently in the #2 spot until some more pups get to the hunts.

We know that not all pups will make it due to not being given a true opportunity, but I believe a high percentage of Haze pups will make it if given the right opportunity.

If you like T-Top blood and Rusty Red blood and Red Ace blood.....then Haze should be at the top of your list for consideration.

Haze turned 9 years old on 11/12/14.

I do have frozen semen on Haze, but at this time is not for sale and will be for personal use.

Come for a hunt anytime, we'll show Haze in the woods, by himself or with other dogs.

*******************NTCH Go Man Sam
***************GRNTCH T-Top Rocky
*******************Roesler's Rappin Kate
***********GRNTCH T-Top Tree Talking Red Rat(#10 historical)
***************Solberg's Roxy
*******************Treeing Red Wing
*******GRNTCH GRCH T-Top Rabble Rouser (#2 current)
*******************GRNTCH Hoffmeisters Rusty Red (#1 Historical)
****************GRNTCH Hoffmeister's Red Bomber(#3 historical)
*******************NTCH Hoffmeisters Little Sis
***********GRNTCH T-Top Rock-N-Red Raven (#2 historical)
*******************GRNTCH Hoffmeister's Rusty Red (#1 Historical)
****************GRNTCH Morietta's Tree Ringin Bell
*******************GRNTCH Hoffmeister's Red Brandy
***GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Midnite Haze DNA-VIP
****************GRNTCH Hoffmeister's Rusty Red (#1 historical)
*******************Mahogany Sweet Lulu
***********GRNTCH Hoffmeisters Red Bomber (#3 historical)
*******************NTCH Smith's Red Rowdy
****************NTCH Hoffmeister's Little Sis
*******************GRNTCH Hoffmeister's Red Brandy
*******NTCH CH. Soggy Bottom Bomber's Red Wire (#2 current)
****************GRNTCH Hoffmeister's Rusty Red(#1 Historical)
*******************Mahogany Sweet Lulu
***********GRNTCH Morietta's Tree Ringin Red Bell
*******************NTCH Hennings Red Chief
****************GRNTCH Hoffmeister's Red Brandy
*******************GRCH Haye's Ramblin Red Kate

Haze and littermate Hurnie

2010 GRNTCH Winner at Southern Days

Haze a few nights ago...it's alittle dark but you can see him.

GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Soggy Bottom The Frog Dawg (current reproducers list)
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom The Bull Dawg
Soggy Bottom T-Top Miss Dottie
RIP
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Haze HTX (Former#1 Reproducer)
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Stella
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Shadow
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom Bomber's Red Wire (Pigeon- former #1 Reproducer)
NTCH GRCH Red Cedar T-Top Lexus
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Locket

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Last edited by Pastor Mike on 11-13-2014 at 11:27 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-12-2009 07:11 PM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
opie
UKC Forum Member

hey there pastor mike. I love the way haze is bred!!! And you guys stay in the the winner circle with what ever you guys are huntin and thats a fact!!!

But hey id really like to know how Haze hunts by him self? Heck id really like to know how all them top notch Nite ch and Grnite ch hounds you va boys have, hunt by thier self? Not tryin to offend just courious is all. Thanks man and good huntin to you and all the VA cartel...

Old Post 12-12-2009 07:40 PM
opie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for opie Click here to Send opie a Private Message Click Here to Email opie Find more posts by opie Add opie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

Hey Opie

Haze with or with out other dog's 25 min's, hard. If he open's he will put a end to it. No matter how cold and have the meat most of the time.

Buck

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Click Here To Visit Web Site

Home of:

GRNITECH GRCH T-TOP DARK TIMBER MOOSE.....CO-OWNER Tom Solberg
GRNITCH L'S DARK TIMBER WENDY.....CO-OWNER Richard Lambert
NITECH GRCH DARK TIMBER RED ANGUS <AKA> DA BULL CO OWNER Jeremy Erho
'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM DARK TMBER ADDY CO-OWNER Pastor MIke
'PR' RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER BO

R.I.P
GRNITECH GRCH RATLIFF'S OUTLAW DIXIE
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch RATLIFF'S OUTLAW PL RED PENNY
GRNITECH CH SOGGY BOTTOM RAZOR'S LIVE WIRE (DAISY)
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch LONG TALL SALLY
NITECH RATLIFF'S T-TOP DARK TIMBER SPOOK
NITECH CH RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER HERNIE

A Proud Member of The Virginia Cartel and Virginia Coalition for Procyon Lotor Management & Control

The Few, the Proud, the Graduates of Raven's School of Shooting

Old Post 12-12-2009 08:49 PM
OUTLAW REDBONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OUTLAW REDBONE Click here to Send OUTLAW REDBONE a Private Message Visit OUTLAW REDBONE's homepage! Find more posts by OUTLAW REDBONE Add OUTLAW REDBONE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Haze is the real deal. I had to go see for myself what I was getting. He has a beautiful mouth; long pretty bawl on track, extra nice locate and bark every breath tree dog. He trees hard even on a bad track. He has an excellant nose and does not stand on his head. He gets treed quick. One or two locates, even on a bad track, and then locks down. You don't have to wait on him. He has an excellant disposition. He knows how to move around or back up and stay out of trouble at a tree. He hunts plenty deep enough. You don't have to get him off a tree but he will not stand around either. He has plenty of sense. I could have him not checking back in 1 month if I had him. That is not the kind of dog Pastor Mike wants to hunt, though. Did I mention that he is absolutely gorgeous? I would love to have him to hunt. He could be a big time winner. I know that I am going to like my Haze X Sally pups.

Old Post 12-12-2009 09:16 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
opie
UKC Forum Member

Thanks a bunch Buck and Richard. In my book a dog can get pleanty deep enough to strike a coon in 25 min's! on most nights anyway. Thanks a bunch for the info. Hey buck that hernie female your huntin right now is a heck of a looker. how does she hunt and whats her mouth like? hope ya dont mind me pecking at ya for this information? lol thaks and good huntin.

Last edited by opie on 12-12-2009 at 09:26 PM

Old Post 12-12-2009 09:23 PM
opie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for opie Click here to Send opie a Private Message Click Here to Email opie Find more posts by opie Add opie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

Opie

Hernie is a litter mate to Haze. She was not hunted very much just here and there. Hernie has only been hunted 40-45 time's in 4 year's. She has the good's and I will get it out of her by Redbone Day's. Hernie is better when hunted with dog's she does not know. Get's off, get's treed, hold's her tree. That is how I won my last two cast's. Hernie has a nice mouth good locate and stand on the tree tree dawg. Not as nice a hound as Haze but with no more wood time than she has will only get better.

Buck

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Home of:

R.I.P

A Proud Member of The Virginia Cartel and Virginia Coalition for Procyon Lotor Management & Control

Last edited by OUTLAW REDBONE on 12-13-2009 at 07:01 AM

Old Post 12-13-2009 06:52 AM
OUTLAW REDBONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OUTLAW REDBONE Click here to Send OUTLAW REDBONE a Private Message Visit OUTLAW REDBONE's homepage! Find more posts by OUTLAW REDBONE Add OUTLAW REDBONE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Billy, Hernie has a pretty mouth too. Long bawl on track, excellant locate and barks every breath on a tree. She has a little higher pitched mouth than Haze. His is prettier but hers carries a little better. She locks straight up and down on a tree and does not move a muscle. That is why it is so much easier to take a good picture of her. I would love to own her but Buck is having way too much fun with her right now.

Old Post 12-13-2009 05:24 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stokes08
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Mike im getting a female that would be a perfect line breeding to Haze Pm me if we can get something figured out

Old Post 12-13-2009 06:41 PM
Stokes08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stokes08 Click here to Send Stokes08 a Private Message Find more posts by Stokes08 Add Stokes08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

Richard.......thanks for the description of Haze. Enjoyed having you, come on up anytime.

Opie.....I think buck and Richard pretty much described him as good as I could.

Timber Hunter.....good talking with you last night.

stokes......keep me posted on your female.

thanks to those who are interested in Haze.

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 12-14-2009 04:27 PM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Haze

Friends...when you consider mating your female to the right stud dog, you should consider several things starting with the following...

When considering a male to mate to, you should investigate to make sure that the male you are considering came from a line of hounds that has proven it can reproduce.

Then you should consider whether or not your female has come from a long line of hounds that has proven that it can reproduce.

I'll help you out with the first part...Haze comes from a line of hounds that has proven generation after generation that it can reproduce...Ch. Gr. Nite Ch. PR T-Top Rocky, Gr. Nite Ch. PR T-Top Tree Talkin' Red Rat (Former #1 reproducer), Dual Gr. Ch. PR T-Top Rabble Rouser (Former #1 reproducer), Dual Gr. Ch. PR T-Top Rock-N-Red Raven (Former #1 reproducer and full sister to Pigeon) Now you can add Gr. Nite Ch. PR Hoffmeister's Rusty, Gr. Nite Ch. PR Hoffmeister's Bomber, Gr. Nite Ch. PR Morrietta's Tree Ringin' Bell and all the rest of the great dogs coming from Hoffmeister's efforts and the Henning's stock.

If you can't feel confident that your female came from a line of reproducers, then think about her strengths and weaknesses...what characteristics do you like and what do you dislike? Match her with a stud that has the strengths you're looking for...

Haze has all the history behind him that will support his potential as a reproducer and he already has pups on the ground that are early starters and showing very good ability at under a year of age.

I know a little bit about the potential contained in his history...don't overlook this hound to match to your good females, he's got what it takes to produce top hounds from top to bottom and that's worth investing in.

Unrealistic expectations are a roadblock to success, judge your dogs by what they are ready to give not by what you wish they'd do.

Old Post 12-15-2009 12:14 AM
topdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topdog Click here to Send topdog a Private Message Click Here to Email topdog Visit topdog's homepage! Find more posts by topdog Add topdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Tom.

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 12-15-2009 01:23 PM
Eric Bond
UKC Forum Member

i think that pastor mike and buck are being real modest when it comes to haze and hernie.both of these dogs have the goods and are a pleasure to hunt with.oh and by the way i'm going to that good spot i told you about tonite if ya'll want to come up and go.

Old Post 12-15-2009 05:44 PM
Eric Bond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eric Bond Click here to Send Eric Bond a Private Message Click Here to Email Eric Bond Find more posts by Eric Bond Add Eric Bond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

Eric

Try to get the man to go on Thursday.

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Home of:

R.I.P

Old Post 12-16-2009 02:32 AM
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

buck...did you guys get to hunt last night?

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 12-16-2009 06:31 PM
Eric Bond
UKC Forum Member

no we didn't make it last nite.the plan is tomarrow,but i am going to haul off a load of cattle to the cattle sale but i still should be home before ya'll get here.i will call if something comes up and i cant make.

Old Post 12-16-2009 11:59 PM
Eric Bond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eric Bond Click here to Send Eric Bond a Private Message Click Here to Email Eric Bond Find more posts by Eric Bond Add Eric Bond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

buck and I ended up heading over toward riner last night. had a good hunt. saw two coons. dogs hunted hard.

looks like we are in for a bunch of snow today and tomorrow so our hunting may be done for a while.

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 12-18-2009 02:26 PM
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

Stud Dawg

To the top ^^

It is about 4:30 wet out to check on the hound's. There is 14in of frash snow on the ground. I will be at a night hunt tonight...lol.
We will se if the Ol hurnie can tree Mr. coon in the snow. Pastor Mike I need a back up handler can you come play in the snow? I may need to be the truck man...lol.

Talk to you later,
Buck

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Home of:

R.I.P

Old Post 12-19-2009 09:30 AM
Barnyard
UKC Forum Member

"BUCK"

Your just a sick man!!

Cell- 574-538-9431

Old Post 12-19-2009 01:18 PM
Barnyard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barnyard Click here to Send Barnyard a Private Message Click Here to Email Barnyard Find more posts by Barnyard Add Barnyard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

well....i know that buck went to the night hunt.......he's nuts

buck....i'm to short to go in snow like this.........i would need some snow shoes...lol.

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 12-20-2009 04:39 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Buck is not that nuts. He chickened out and went home without entering. I went to one also. We have not gotten any snow, just a whole lot of rain. When I found out that we were going to a swamp that is rough in dry weather, I went home also.

Old Post 12-20-2009 08:05 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

He turned 4 last month.

Old Post 12-21-2009 04:23 PM
Don Barnett Sr
UKC Forum Member

Good job

Fellows this is one of the best looking Ped's that you could look for. Sure it is just paper but I see Pastor mike is doing his home. I am thinking in the same frame as him. Proven coondogs and all the top reproducers you can stack up. This has just got to work if I had the room and cash I would have too have some of it for myself.
Keep up the good work and good luck!

Old Post 12-21-2009 05:21 PM
Don Barnett Sr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Don Barnett Sr Click here to Send Don Barnett Sr a Private Message Click Here to Email Don Barnett Sr Find more posts by Don Barnett Sr Add Don Barnett Sr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdw2920
UKC Forum Member

Never owned a red dog, but I may have one sooner or later. I am glad that Mr. Lambert is close to me if I ever decide that I want one. I like the looks of the ped at top that is for sure. I know all the old timers always say that you need a good red dog, just always heard they start slower than others, but I guess that depends on which one you get.

Old Post 12-21-2009 06:58 PM
jdw2920 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdw2920 Click here to Send jdw2920 a Private Message Find more posts by jdw2920 Add jdw2920 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Haze

Haze has a great Pedigree and a class young man that owns him. So with that being said I don't know how you could go wrong. Good Luck with Haze Pastor Mike. Dave

Old Post 12-21-2009 07:19 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

Thank You!!

Thanks guys for the compliments but I really don't deserve much credit. We made the decision to take pigeon to rabble and then I took two pups to tom. A female, named sid and then a male pup. Tom ended up naming him Haze. Tom put them both through his training program and then sid went to aaron wade and he has done a great job with her, then tom and dave really put that crucial time in on haze for over a year by hunting him hard and giving him the repetitions that he needed. When I got him, I just hunted him by himself and haze and I just seem to have clicked. He hunts very well for me and I enjoy taking him alone or with other dogs. His breeding is icing on the cake and will hopefully help the breed in some capacity.

I do have to admit, the only thing that I regret is not hunting Haze's mom more and I should have put her in the hunts.....if she was grand, haze would be a two generation all grand, which seems what folks are really hustling trying to get accomplished but I guess that aspect really didn't matter to much to us. Anyway.....Tom and Dave did a great job with Haze and I appreciate the opportunity to have him here in Virginia.

Hopefully, Haze will breed some nice females this coming year.

I'm excited to be a part of the Redbone family and of course, the VA Cartel....lol.

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Last edited by Pastor Mike on 12-22-2009 at 02:29 PM

Old Post 12-22-2009 03:08 AM