UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Who Carries a concealed handgun??
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Terry
Question for Todd if I don't have to follow the "no gun policy"
or you are telling how to get around it. Is there other rules I don't have to follow? Cant UKC just get rid of the rule. We have enough word twisting going on in Washington.

In what way did I "tell you how to get around it"? I said nobody can open carry during an event and nobody can illegally carry, meaning concealed if you are not authorized. I think that pretty much covers it. No I don't think we should get rid of the rule which would then allow anyone and everyone to carry a pistol on their light belt during a nite hunt. I think that would be a bad thing. Just my opinion.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-25-2013 01:51 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
capt_agricultur
UKC Forum Member

Just like american express card

NEVER LEAVE HOME W/out IT

Old Post 07-25-2013 02:04 PM
capt_agricultur is offline Click Here to See the Profile for capt_agricultur Click here to Send capt_agricultur a Private Message Click Here to Email capt_agricultur Find more posts by capt_agricultur Add capt_agricultur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
plottpower
UKC Forum Member

Ive got the XDs in the .45 what a great gun, I dont think they will be coming out with the 40, thats the rumor at least.

quote:
Originally posted by Marion E. Lee
Do yourselves a favor.... try out the new springfield XDs in 9mm..... i got the first one to show up in this area and it will stay with me until the 40 S&W version comes out later this fall......at which time the wife is taking it away from me lol. I bought the gun simply because it was no bigger than the kel tec PF9 that i carried before but was OBVIOUSLY a better and more reliable gun . I am a glock guy through and through but they missed the boat on the market of slimmer smaller more concealable weapons of today. The XDs breaks down VERY easily and is as reliable as it can be.....always goes bang and is amazingly smooth and accurate to shoot for its size. Feels like a quality weapon with a smooth action..........bottom line i trust this gun with my life and to protect my family and that is what really counts. If you have a gun that doesnt go bang EVERY time you pull the trigger you are just asking to be a statistic sooner or later. The issue of a little more money to own a better more reliable weapon is really no issue at all............what is your life worth?

Old Post 07-28-2013 07:27 AM
plottpower is offline Click Here to See the Profile for plottpower Click here to Send plottpower a Private Message Click Here to Email plottpower Find more posts by plottpower Add plottpower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Wesson
UKC Forum Member

Re: Just like american express card

quote:
Originally posted by capt_agricultur
NEVER LEAVE HOME W/out IT

You got that right!!!! You never know when you may need to STAND YOUR GROUND!!!!!

Joe Wesson

NTCH GRCH PINE MTN. HAMMER
CH NEW RIVER TRACE (Co-Owner Mack Wolfe)
GRNITECH GRCH PLATINUM'S HARDTIME TURBO BLUE (Co-Owner Terry Reid)

Joe Wesson---828-396-7760

" THE ROOSTER WILL CROW AGAIN "

Old Post 07-28-2013 03:08 PM
Joe Wesson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Wesson Click here to Send Joe Wesson a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Wesson Find more posts by Joe Wesson Add Joe Wesson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trackdriver
Banned

Re: Re: Just like american express card

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Wesson
You got that right!!!! You never know when you may need to STAND YOUR GROUND!!!!!

Joe Wesson

I do now!!!!! Was nice when a man could handle these thing without violence but you have weak men out there with guns cause they can't fight but love to start crap,bring it.

Old Post 07-28-2013 03:43 PM
trackdriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trackdriver Click here to Send trackdriver a Private Message Find more posts by trackdriver Add trackdriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
conhtr1
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Just like american express card

quote:
Originally posted by trackdriver
I do now!!!!! Was nice when a man could handle these thing without violence but you have weak men out there with guns cause they can't fight but love to start crap,bring it.

What does carrying a gun for protection have to do with being weak and unable to fight? It has to do with "I don't care how bad you think you are, I will not be a victim".

- Henry Ford, founder – Ford Motor Corporation

Old Post 07-29-2013 01:34 PM
conhtr1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for conhtr1 Click here to Send conhtr1 a Private Message Click Here to Email conhtr1 Find more posts by conhtr1 Add conhtr1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trackdriver
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Just like american express card

quote:
Originally posted by conhtr1
What does carrying a gun for protection have to do with being weak and unable to fight? It has to do with "I don't care how bad you think you are, I will not be a victim".
Kinda like drinking 10ft tall and bullet proof,you have people that think they stop making guns when they bought theirs. Not about being bad but don't start something because you have one. Kinda figure you wouldn't understand some people do start mess because of. You wearing them shoes,conhtr1?

Last edited by trackdriver on 07-29-2013 at 08:52 PM

Old Post 07-29-2013 08:50 PM
trackdriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trackdriver Click here to Send trackdriver a Private Message Find more posts by trackdriver Add trackdriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chipper81
UKC Forum Member

HK 40 compact in the small of the back

Pr black river Cardi B
Brad Hile
765 717 2091

Old Post 07-30-2013 03:19 AM
chipper81 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chipper81 Click here to Send chipper81 a Private Message Click Here to Email chipper81 Find more posts by chipper81 Add chipper81 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
conhtr1
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just like american express card

quote:
Kinda like drinking 10ft tall and bullet proof,you have people that think they stop making guns when they bought theirs. Not about being bad but don't start something because you have one. Kinda figure you wouldn't understand some people do start mess because of. You wearing them shoes,conhtr1?

1 reason I carry is to take care of those you speak of. To get a concealed carry license here you must pass an OSBI background check. How many people you think would risk losing theirs by doing something stupid? Probably the same number that would carry without a permit. I like the fact I can be just as armed as the thugs.
I don't wear shoes. I wear boots. Shoes are for city slickers.

Old Post 07-30-2013 04:53 AM
conhtr1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for conhtr1 Click here to Send conhtr1 a Private Message Click Here to Email conhtr1 Find more posts by conhtr1 Add conhtr1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trackdriver
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just like american express card

quote:
1 reason I carry is to take care of those you speak of. To get a concealed carry license here you must pass an OSBI background check. How many people you think would risk losing theirs by doing something stupid? Probably the same number that would carry without a permit. I like the fact I can be just as armed as the thugs.
I don't wear shoes. I wear boots. Shoes are for city slickers.

There are a few that have a God complex with a gun.

Old Post 07-30-2013 12:20 PM
conhtr1
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just like american express card

quote:
There are a few that have a God complex with a gun.
There are also those that have that same complex with their fists/feet which accounts for MANY more assaults than guns.

Old Post 07-30-2013 01:43 PM
trackdriver
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just like american express card

quote:
There are also those that have that same complex with their fists/feet which accounts for MANY more assaults than guns.
True.

Old Post 07-30-2013 09:32 PM
Wingman66
Banned

Bersa Ultra Compact 9mm.

"Kim Jong-Un speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same.” An actual sitting US President said that. Let that sink in.

Old Post 07-31-2013 01:35 AM
Wingman66 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wingman66 Click here to Send Wingman66 a Private Message Click Here to Email Wingman66 Find more posts by Wingman66 Add Wingman66 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Stocking
UKC Forum Member

How in the world any liberal can come on one of these posts stating what type of gun he packs when he votes for the very people that want to dictate what he can carry and what he can hunt with is beyond me......

NTCH PKCSilverCH Coble & Stocking's Swamp Rat Poison

NTCH Coble & Stocking's Stinger (GRNTCH Troubles x GRNTCH Fancy)

NTCH ACHA WReserve Team Troubles Trippy
Black & Tan

Old Post 07-31-2013 04:31 AM
Lee Stocking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Stocking Click here to Send Lee Stocking a Private Message Click Here to Email Lee Stocking Find more posts by Lee Stocking Add Lee Stocking to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wingman66
Banned

I must have missed what you said you carry Track. What do you carry? (I know ^ wasn't referring to me)

"Kim Jong-Un speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same.” An actual sitting US President said that. Let that sink in.

Old Post 07-31-2013 05:20 AM
Wingman66 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wingman66 Click here to Send Wingman66 a Private Message Click Here to Email Wingman66 Find more posts by Wingman66 Add Wingman66 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trackdriver
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Wingman66
I must have missed what you said you carry Track. What do you carry? (I know ^ wasn't referring to me)
Sig p238.

Old Post 07-31-2013 12:54 PM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

I saw a Sig 938 Night mare in the gun shop. Nice gun if you got the money. If I carried think that's what I have.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 07-31-2013 06:38 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Danny Roberts
UKC Forum Member

Ruger LC9.

Old Post 08-13-2013 05:18 PM
Danny Roberts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Danny Roberts Click here to Send Danny Roberts a Private Message Click Here to Email Danny Roberts Find more posts by Danny Roberts Add Danny Roberts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

BTTT

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Old Post 03-11-2016 05:26 PM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

BTTT

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Old Post 03-11-2016 05:27 PM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Yep. Im gonna get something smaller though. Looked at the lc9 and lcp today. That lcp is a little thing.

Old Post 03-11-2016 08:28 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Everyone should get it. Since we have to. Actually we shouldnt have to have one at all. Dang gov scam is all it is.

Old Post 03-11-2016 09:09 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CGB32
UKC Forum Member

I like the sp101 in the 327 federal magnum you can shoot all the 32 ammo and the 327 is really a potent round and its a 6 shot vs the normal 5 that's what I carry and also deer and hog hunt with the ruger single 7 in 327 federal magnum at resonable ranges I prefer a wheel gun try different ones see what you like

Old Post 03-12-2016 05:49 AM
CGB32 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CGB32 Click here to Send CGB32 a Private Message Click Here to Email CGB32 Find more posts by CGB32 Add CGB32 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

Have you ever notice how many gun owners think every other gun owner is an idiot? I don't know the numbers but I'd bet most folks are very careful with their guns. Just as people usually drive carefully, there are still a lot of accidents because there are a lot of drivers doing a lot of driving. The thing about being armed and knowing every one else is armed is you know things will not, they can not go beyond the jawing stage.
Go to youtube and look for unintentional discharge. You'll find only a few.

Old Post 03-12-2016 06:08 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

you have always had to have a concealed carry permit here in wv but sometime in june anybody over the age of 21 can carry a concealed weapon without a permit if you have no felonys or domestic volince under 21 you have to have veracation of saftey class a permit our govenoer veto it 2 times but house and senate over rode it some ways i think it's good and some ways not so good but this is a crazy world nowdays

Old Post 03-13-2016 06:41 PM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote