UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Bruce Conkey
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
lblhunter
UKC Forum Member

Bruce Conkey

Alpha will not come on when on the charger. I plugged the charger to my tt15 and it charges. So not a problem with the charger.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-01-2020 06:14 PM
lblhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lblhunter Click here to Send lblhunter a Private Message Find more posts by lblhunter Add lblhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

What do you get on the ALPHA. The screen showing it the power cable attached. Or NOTHING.

IF you see the symbol for power cable attached. You have to go in and put it in the base stage mode. Start it up off the cable and go to setup then system. Then select the base station menu bar. It will say off or prompted. Select prompted and why you plug it in watch closely and it will ask you if you want to start up on base station mode. Tell it yes.

Old Post 02-01-2020 08:19 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lblhunter
UKC Forum Member

Nothing. So now do i have to send it to garmin?

Old Post 02-02-2020 02:05 AM
lblhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lblhunter Click here to Send lblhunter a Private Message Find more posts by lblhunter Add lblhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lblhunter
UKC Forum Member

Can u repair it Bruce. Let me know what i need to do

Old Post 02-02-2020 03:45 AM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Several questions come to mind. If it is less than a year old. Then I would for certain send it back for warranty replacement.

Do you have a buddy that has an ALPHA. You can see if his batter will power yours up. If it does and yours does not charge then it is probably where you plug it in has been damaged. Options there would be to send it in for repair to Garmin and the cost is $130 or so. Or you can buy a desk top charger and keep it charged that way.

You want to send it back to Garmin then you can call 1800-800-1020 How long have you had it?

Old Post 02-02-2020 04:36 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lblhunter
UKC Forum Member

1st of all thanks for helping on this forum. It is out of warranty and i believe it is where the charger plugs in as u suggested. I tryed a new battery and still nothing. Even using the usb cord to the computer garmin express never recognized the alpha. I will call garmin monday and get it repaired.
The garmin powers up with my battery but turn it off and plug a working charger to it it won't charge. I had previously charged the new battery with this alpha
Thanks

Last edited by lblhunter on 02-02-2020 at 05:29 AM

Old Post 02-02-2020 05:23 AM
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

Have you tried a different wall charger? Or tried to plug your charger in a different plug in?

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 02-02-2020 05:43 AM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lblhunter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Huntnharris
Have you tried a different wall charger? Or tried to plug your charger in a different plug in?

Yes and yes. Same 2 chargers charge my tt15 or t5. If i use the splitter to put a collar with charging clip and the alpha on the charger at the same time the alpha screen has no response while the light on the collar will come on red for about 2 seconds then it will turn off. Can put collar by itself on same charger light will come on and charge and light goes to green when fully charged. I have 2 batteries for the alpha 1 i got from Garmin less than 3 months ago. Switched them out several times makes no difference

Last edited by lblhunter on 02-02-2020 at 05:50 PM

Old Post 02-02-2020 05:45 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I apologize for perhaps not understanding. See where you are saying it will come on with a battery installed but not when on the power cable. How are you charging the battery. Is the power cable charging the alpha battery like it is your collar batteries.

I would also try two things.
1. Take the splitter cable off and plug alpha directly into power cable.
2. Turn base station from off to prompted. Plug in and read screen while it is starting up and ask if you want it to start in basestation mode. Say yes

Old Post 02-02-2020 08:23 PM
lblhunter
UKC Forum Member

I had a new spare battery that was 100% charged. Upon closer inspection of the charging port on the alpha it appears damaged. Looks like the plastic with the wire prongs is broken on the right side along with the wire. The plug has the plastic piece with 4 small holes with wire inside. The 5th one the plastic is broken off. Looks like the plug will need to be replaced as you suggested earlier.
I have put an order in on your website Bruce for the battery charger.
Will it cost $130 something to replace the plug on the alpha? I can make it fine with the desktop charger but won't be able to update it as garmin express doesn't recognize it now that plug is broken

Old Post 02-03-2020 12:47 AM
DOUG CHEEK
UKC Forum Member

I had the same problem with the splitter if I plugged in the ALPHA first - it would work so % of the charge ------If I plugged in the collar first it would not show anything on the ALPHA screen

I do not use the splitter anymore --I think there was a loose or broken wire in the spiltter

ALWAYS GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

Old Post 02-04-2020 08:58 PM
DOUG CHEEK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DOUG CHEEK Click here to Send DOUG CHEEK a Private Message Click Here to Email DOUG CHEEK Find more posts by DOUG CHEEK Add DOUG CHEEK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote