UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Look at what I brought home from Autumn Oaks!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bludawg
UKC Forum Member

Look at what I brought home from Autumn Oaks!

I want to thank Terry Tucker for allowing me to get this little girl!
She so closely resembles my old Pokey dog that it sent chills up my back when we went to Terry and Ed's campsite and I saw her in the puppy pen there. She is marked real close like old Pokey, and has the same glass eye !
After I got her back to our campsite and looked at the papers, I nearly dropped to my knees and cried.....she has the same date of birth as ol'e Pokey !
I know this little girl will never replace Pokey, but she sure will fill a big empty spot in heart....

This is "PR" Deb's Magnum Blue Minnie Pearl

Terry and Ed had already started her in Ed's training pen, she is treeing on sent and a drag with style , lol...Smart little girl, easily lead trained and very quite in the yard.

Again Thanks Terry and Ed,
Deb Hovious

Keep 'em True 'n Blue!

Jeff-n-Deb Hovious
812-585-9791
317-364-7035
[color=Blue]
Magnum Blue Kennels
NITECH "PR" Mead's Blue Moese Jet Eleven

* In memory of NITECH GRCH "PR" Hovious' Blue Jets' Turbo DNA-P #686556P
* In Memeory of "PR" NITECH Deb's Northen Blue Pokey Dot*

Last edited by bludawg on 09-07-2010 at 10:41 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-07-2010 10:39 PM
bludawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bludawg Click here to Send bludawg a Private Message Click Here to Email bludawg Find more posts by bludawg Add bludawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BIG$BLUES
UKC Forum Member

She sure is purdy! Were do the glass eyes come from?

NTCH DUVALL'S BIG MONEY SLIDDER

Home of those with drive!
Speak the truth it will set you free.

Old Post 09-07-2010 10:55 PM
BIG$BLUES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIG$BLUES Click here to Send BIG$BLUES a Private Message Click Here to Email BIG$BLUES Find more posts by BIG$BLUES Add BIG$BLUES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bludawg
UKC Forum Member

Some say it is a throw back from some of the old Hammer blood, most don't care for it. Doesn't bother me any, I really don't bench show that much. Her sight is good out of it, don't keep her from smellin' coon and treeing 'em! lol!

Keep 'em True 'n Blue!

Jeff-n-Deb Hovious
812-585-9791
317-364-7035
[color=Blue]
Magnum Blue Kennels

Old Post 09-07-2010 10:58 PM
bludawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bludawg Click here to Send bludawg a Private Message Click Here to Email bludawg Find more posts by bludawg Add bludawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

nice lookin pup, look at the ears on her she deff got hound ears , how she bred?

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 09-07-2010 11:44 PM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PlottChaser
UKC Forum Member

awesome markings on that pup!

Hunting is one of those pleasures that you won't understand if you have to have it explained, which is good because folks who enjoy it can't fully explain why. -Ron Spomer

Old Post 09-08-2010 12:46 AM
PlottChaser is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PlottChaser Click here to Send PlottChaser a Private Message Click Here to Email PlottChaser Find more posts by PlottChaser Add PlottChaser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BIGCASTLEDAWGS
UKC Forum Member

A BEAUTY!

Hope she pleases you TONS AND TONS! Her ears are FANTASTIC! She SURE looks easy to SPOIL! Hope she makes a CoonDawg!

HAPPYHUNTING and PupTraining, Heather and Bob

Old Post 09-08-2010 01:12 AM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIGCASTLEDAWGS Click here to Send BIGCASTLEDAWGS a Private Message Find more posts by BIGCASTLEDAWGS Add BIGCASTLEDAWGS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

The glass eye in the blueticks comes from the Goodman foxhounds Elbert Vaughn bred into his hounds for track and speed back in the 1920s-30s. It shows up in hounds line breed heavy back to old Vaughn dogs, such as found in the Jet, Hammer, Diamond Jim, and other hounds with Vaughn as foundation stock.

Old Post 09-08-2010 01:22 AM
Jim Bartley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Bartley Click here to Send Jim Bartley a Private Message Click Here to Email Jim Bartley Find more posts by Jim Bartley Add Jim Bartley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1deadeye
UKC Forum Member

I'm not a blue dog guy. But I do remember seeing her tied there. The eye caught my attention. Had to stop and look. She surely stuck out among all the other dogs there. Good luck with her.
Scott

Home of,
PR Nitech Leinie Red Ryder
PR Jan Da Red Ryder Butcher ( JJ )

Old Post 09-08-2010 02:10 AM
1deadeye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1deadeye Click here to Send 1deadeye a Private Message Find more posts by 1deadeye Add 1deadeye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bludawg
UKC Forum Member

Her sire is Terry Tucker's GRNITE CH Boomer, her dam is GRNITE CH Maple River Blue Lady. Terry told me Lady has a lot of Ed's "old" blood in her, Jet 4, Bess, and others that I can't recall right now, will be sending papers in this week, right now just have puppy papers.

Keep 'em True 'n Blue!

Jeff-n-Deb Hovious
812-585-9791
317-364-7035
[color=Blue]
Magnum Blue Kennels

Old Post 09-08-2010 03:25 AM
Regan H
UKC Forum Member

cynthia shut up, don't ever put down a mans eagle trip it's not the right thing to do!

Old Post 09-08-2010 03:51 AM
Regan H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Regan H Click here to Send Regan H a Private Message Click Here to Email Regan H Find more posts by Regan H Add Regan H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
corky crowder
UKC Forum Member

SHE IS A GOOD LOOKING PUP THAT BLUE EYE WOULD BE A GOOD IDENTFICATION IF EVER STOLEN. SHE MAY HAVEBLUE EYE BUT LOOKS MORE LIKE A HOUND THAN SOME GRAND SHOW CHAMPIONS THAT IVE SEEN. IF SHE PLEASES YOU THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS

CB&L KENNELS
HOME OF TREETALKIN
BLACK & TANS
CORKY CROWDER
BRANDON MAYO
LINDA CROWDER

PR TREETALKIN LITTLE SASSY
TREETALKIN TROOPERS BLEW
TREETALKIN RANGER DANGER
TREETALKIN LIL SHOOTEM UP JAKE
GRCHPR TREETALKIN NIGHTHAWK GONE BUT NEVER WILL BE FORGOTTEN R.I.P.

Old Post 09-08-2010 03:53 AM
corky crowder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for corky crowder Click here to Send corky crowder a Private Message Click Here to Email corky crowder Find more posts by corky crowder Add corky crowder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bludawg
UKC Forum Member

Cynthia,
I can appreciate your comment, I am a bench show judge, so I do know what the breed standard states.
We each have a right to our own opinion. On the walker breed the standard states anything but a black nose is unacceptable, so if you had a walker that was a coon dog, had a patch of pink/white on it's nose, would you not breed it simply because it had some pink on it's nose?
Does having a solid black nose make it a better coon hound?
Again, I understand about the breed standard, and i agree we are to be breeding to better our breed, but to each his own.

Debbie

And by the way, the blue eye is not a disqualifying fault, it only takes away 5 points from the total score of the dog.

Keep 'em True 'n Blue!

Jeff-n-Deb Hovious
812-585-9791
317-364-7035
[color=Blue]
Magnum Blue Kennels

Old Post 09-08-2010 04:04 AM
bludawg
UKC Forum Member

hhhhmmmmmm..... seems Cynthia deleted her post just as I posted my reply, I understand her point, and wish her the best in her pursuit in her breeding/raising of her hounds.

Keep 'em True 'n Blue!

Jeff-n-Deb Hovious
812-585-9791
317-364-7035
[color=Blue]
Magnum Blue Kennels

Old Post 09-08-2010 04:08 AM
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

If she has old Bess in her pedigree, I'll be pulling for her! Old Bess was one of my all-time favorites. Burried her in my yard.

Good luck with her Deb.

Old Post 09-08-2010 02:09 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ringer3 Kennels
UKC Forum Member

Beautiful pup!!! Love her ears! I brought home an English pup from Oaks. Thought I'd try something different lol. Good luck with your puppy!!

Miss Ryann McMurray
740-656-2196 call/text
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Walkers
AKC Supreme Grand Champion, UKC GRCH Ringer3's Million Dollar Baby (2014 AKC Kentucky State Female and 2014 AKC Ohio State Female).

CH Ringer3's Layback Star Struck

GRCH Ringer3's Layback Blastin BB

Ringer3's History's Been Made
Ringer3's Made Of Millions

The English
Ringer3's Briar Creek Goldnrod

The Beagles
Ringer3's Radiant Ruby

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Close only counts in HORSESHOES and hand grenades!

Old Post 09-08-2010 04:07 PM
Ringer3 Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ringer3 Kennels Click here to Send Ringer3 Kennels a Private Message Click Here to Email Ringer3 Kennels Visit Ringer3 Kennels's homepage! Find more posts by Ringer3 Kennels Add Ringer3 Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SCBluetickGal
UKC Forum Member

Pretty girl! I really like her ears and face shape. Good luck with your new pup.

CH'PR'Moss Blue Carolina Rain-Queen of Show, BBOA Zone 6 Championship
NITECH CH 'PR' Carolina Flo
CH 'PR' Poison Whiskey Waylon
CH 'PR' Cruse's I'm Your Huckleberry
CH'PR' PoisonWhiskey WildHoney
'PR' Poison Whiskey CowgirlsDontCry
CH'PR' Bowers & O'Connor's Foxy Roxy
PoisonWhiskey SonOfTheSouth

Poison Whiskey Hello Darlin'-2013 AL State BMOS, AL State Hall of Fame King of Show

PoisonWhiskey LilMsHonkyTonk

Coming Soon...
PoisonWhiskeyMaybeItWasMemphis
PoisonWhiskey Heart Like Mine
-------------------------
In loving memory...
CCH GRCH 'PR' Swampland Blue Gypsy-RIP sweet girl
'PR' Miller Time

Old Post 09-08-2010 08:03 PM
SCBluetickGal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SCBluetickGal Click here to Send SCBluetickGal a Private Message Click Here to Email SCBluetickGal Find more posts by SCBluetickGal Add SCBluetickGal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote