UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Judges win
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
x145merlin
UKC Forum Member

Judges win

In hunts like the Zones, how common is it for a hunting judge to win their cast?

Last edited by x145merlin on 09-19-2018 at 04:37 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-19-2018 04:31 PM
x145merlin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for x145merlin Click here to Send x145merlin a Private Message Click Here to Email x145merlin Find more posts by x145merlin Add x145merlin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

Re: Judges win

quote:
Originally posted by x145merlin
In hunts like the Zones, how common is it for a hunting judge to win their cast?

A good judge makes or breaks a cast in my opinion. All judgement calls are made by a judge and it takes a majority of the cast to overturn them.

I see so much of the mindset at these larger events of I will probably never draw you again so I'm out to win at all costs types. Hear it and see it often. And it's a real shame, they don't even realize or care they are killing the sport.

I have had guys brush up to me after drawing out and say hey we need to make a pact now before we turn loose. They better realize with me they are barking up the wrong tree!!! How about we let the dogs do the talking!!!

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 09-19-2018 04:54 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I sure there's a record of this. How many casts in the zones and how many judges won?

Old Post 09-19-2018 05:07 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Zone 4, 8 of the 15 moving on never carried a card. We only had one double cast winner no questions were brought in on either of his casts. Only two questions were brought in over the weekend neither would have made the judge win the cast.
People who put on these and other events work very hard to put qualified judges in the woods. There are procedures in place to take care of any issues that arise by a vote or put a question on the card.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-19-2018 05:49 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

My average ain't to good started hunting in the hunts at 17 yrs old I am 60 yrs old now judged all the zones I been in only made it through the zones once lol.

But a possum in the last 5 minutes on the second night got me once lol.

Tar

Old Post 09-19-2018 05:58 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Zone 4, 8 of the 15 moving on never carried a card. We only had one double cast winner no questions were brought in on either of his casts. Only two questions were brought in over the weekend neither would have made the judge win the cast.
People who put on these and other events work very hard to put qualified judges in the woods. There are procedures in place to take care of any issues that arise by a vote or put a question on the card.

THATS KINDA LIKE ASKING HOW COMMON IS IT FOR A OLD GUY TO WIN, HARDLY EVER, BUT VERY COMMON TO HERE WE CHEAT.MMMMM

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 09-19-2018 06:02 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakenda creek b
UKC Forum Member

Zone 1: Hunted both night, Judge didn’t win my cast either night

Old Post 09-19-2018 06:15 PM
wakenda creek b is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wakenda creek b Click here to Send wakenda creek b a Private Message Click Here to Email wakenda creek b Find more posts by wakenda creek b Add wakenda creek b to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I hardly ever win when I have to judge. I wonder how many of the people complaining volunteer to judge their cast?

Old Post 09-19-2018 08:06 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris.S
UKC Forum Member

Usually the person judging is chosen because he knows the rules and is believed to be honest. Judging a cast is a handicap. I figure it cost me between 50 -75 points each cast because instead of just paying close attention to my dog I'm paying close attention to 4. Not to mention the times I've missed making a call because I was preoccupied with a scorecard. Not saying I'm a good judge but if I knew I'd have a GOOD ONE on every cast I'd never judge another one.

Old Post 09-19-2018 08:08 PM
Chris.S is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris.S Click here to Send Chris.S a Private Message Click Here to Email Chris.S Find more posts by Chris.S Add Chris.S to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Richard Lambert/Chris

You guys are right about judging a cast, it is a liability not an advantage to a honest judge. Having to keep up with all dogs puts one at a disadvantage. Dave

Old Post 09-19-2018 08:15 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zach.gerot
UKC Forum Member

lol

Its a shame that we cant have non huntin judges i understand y they cant but there is no other sport where they have 1 of the teams or competitors be the judge of the game. I dont like complainin much but they r always gona be biased. It seems every hunt im in i strike my dog way out n they say they r gona minus him cuz they cant hear him and do minus him and wont let us walk towards them then they all the sudden can hear him but hes still minused. when they strike their dog and i cant hear them they say well i can and we end up walkin to where i can hear them and they say r we good and im fine with it long as we dont have to walk over 100yrds to hear em. Its nuts

Old Post 09-19-2018 08:29 PM
Zach.gerot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zach.gerot Click here to Send Zach.gerot a Private Message Click Here to Email Zach.gerot Find more posts by Zach.gerot Add Zach.gerot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

Old Judges

I agree with Dave, Chris, and Richard I jokingly complained to Todd at Autumn Oaks last year they should never make an old guy judge we can't multi-task like when we were younger I lost at least 200 plus points trying to listen for everyone and was always taking 3 or 4th

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 09-19-2018 08:32 PM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

I take great pride in judging and guiding. I want the 3 other in my cast to have a enjoyable time. Sure, only 1 can win but that doesn't mean a good time can't be had by all. I have judged somewhere around 40 casts this summer and never had a single argument in ANY of them. Win or lose I consider this a success. I am judging and guiding a cast at the world finals tomorrow and will darn sure try to make sure the 4 have a enjoyable time.

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 09-19-2018 08:42 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Trevor Hack

I would be proud to have you as a judge! Keep up the good work. Dave

Old Post 09-19-2018 09:06 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

I judged both nights at the zones. Lost one won one. Just go buy the rules and there's no problems. I like judging at least then I know someone ain't carrying the card that don't know the rules. Haven't had a question go back to master hounds or director in years. Most problems come from those that don't know the rules.

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Old Post 09-20-2018 04:15 AM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Re: lol

quote:
Originally posted by Zach.gerot
Its a shame that we cant have non huntin judges i understand y they cant but there is no other sport where they have 1 of the teams or competitors be the judge of the game. I dont like complainin much but they r always gona be biased. It seems every hunt im in i strike my dog way out n they say they r gona minus him cuz they cant hear him and do minus him and wont let us walk towards them then they all the sudden can hear him but hes still minused. when they strike their dog and i cant hear them they say well i can and we end up walkin to where i can hear them and they say r we good and im fine with it long as we dont have to walk over 100yrds to hear em. Its nuts
I can relate to that, had that happen to me in other kc hunt years ago. Some in kc said he had a 👂 like no one else. I say he heard what he wanted to hear or didn't want to hear that 🌃 and let him know it when hunt was over. Cost me a cast win

He got me good for it at bigger hunt because l ?'d his hearing.

Last edited by swamp1 on 09-20-2018 at 04:55 AM

Old Post 09-20-2018 04:50 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Crooked Judges

quote:
Originally posted by Chris.S
Usually the person judging is chosen because he knows the rules and is believed to be honest. Judging a cast is a handicap. I figure it cost me between 50 -75 points each cast because instead of just paying close attention to my dog I'm paying close attention to 4. Not to mention the times I've missed making a call because I was preoccupied with a scorecard. Not saying I'm a good judge but if I knew I'd have a GOOD ONE on every cast I'd never judge another one.

There is a growing culture that I've observed more in the other KC than UKC where the Judge is a pro at giving minus points or scratching the best dogs in the cast so that they can win. They have done it so often that even know how to manipulate the voting and master of hounds.

I view judging a handicap, but drawing a crooked judge can be a hunt in hell. Ken Risley

Old Post 09-20-2018 03:32 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bolden1
UKC Forum Member

Big Advantages

Especially like this year when most are judging and guiding. I never had one problem but they have a upper hand. They know the clear cuts, fences, etc. For instance “STATIONERY IS RUNNING BUD, but it’s an advantage.

I truly feel judged shouldn’t be allow to judge unless u have no choice. And I’ve had it both ways so I’m not crying but think it should be pushed at your world hunts etc.

2005 ukc Wldntch Grntch Bolden & Turpins
Insane jane. Handler/past owner
2005 over all setwd over all winner nt.ch
Bentley high dollar Lucy
2006 akc national pup champion Drop Dead
Fred ( Handler/ past owner)
2008 Ukc Ky State Champion Grntch High X
Pectations ( Handler / past owner)
2009 akc Ky State Champion Grntch
Hardwood X Press ( handler/ trainer)

Gr.Nt.Ch Big D & Joplins Super Sally

Old Post 09-20-2018 04:09 PM
Bolden1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bolden1 Click here to Send Bolden1 a Private Message Find more posts by Bolden1 Add Bolden1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Just curious

Any winners at the zones have something bad to pay about the judges ? Hmmm

Old Post 09-20-2018 04:40 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

The judge is as stated generally picked because he or she knows the rules best.

It also usually goes hand in hand with the fact that they have a better dog because since they know the rules they also know ( most of time) how to hunt that dog to be on top based on those rules.

More times than not judge wins and I think that’s why

Old Post 09-21-2018 09:10 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cole run
UKC Forum Member

If they went with none hunting judges the next post would be judge was buddies with the guy that one the cast . No Matter what they do their never going to make everyone happy.

Old Post 09-21-2018 09:19 PM
cole run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cole run Click here to Send cole run a Private Message Find more posts by cole run Add cole run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote