UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rule change needed
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by tony.beals
Jim I have to disagree that judge is "KING" in this case it is one vote per handler, this could happen with a 4 dog cast and I have been on those cast where 2 agreed to minus and 2 agreed to circle bottom line it was deleted. And it wasn't that any cheating was going on it was just a judgement call, it was a good cast and we just agreed to disagree.

When the judge cannot be overruled by the cast, as is the case on a two dog cast, that judge is KING. The judge cannot, by himself, circle every tree if he wants to on a three or four dog cast. He sure can on a two dog cast.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Last edited by JiM on 09-18-2018 at 08:36 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-18-2018 05:34 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

This has always been a sore spot for me with UKC. A lot of guys vote only for personal gain and don't vote the honest and correct way BECAUSE THERE ARE NO CONSEQUENCES FOR THEIR BEHAVIOR.

How many times have you heard them laughing after a cast about the way they put the screws to someone?

I asked a young man one night on a cast, "why would you vote to plus a tree that you know good and well had no coon in it?" His reply......"John is my friend and I was helping him win the cast."

Until there are some teeth added to the rules that punishes blatant abuse of the rules, you will continue to have this behavior.

Let the whiners know upfront that if you take a panel back, SOMEONE is getting a vacation. Either the one questioning, or the ones voting, are going to get some time off. This is just for scoring trees, which is a pretty big part of winning or losing a cast.

As for two hunters....When you sign up to hunt, you should have to remain with the cast if your leaving will put the cast down to 2. If it can't be avoided, like injury or illness, call time out and go get another voting member. This will be a responsibility of all handlers. If you leave the cast with only 2 members just because you got mad or your dog wasn't on his A game, there will be probation the first offense and suspension the second offense.

Last edited by hat creek mac on 09-18-2018 at 09:12 PM

Old Post 09-18-2018 05:49 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slough
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by hat creek mac
This has always been a sore spot for me with UKC. A lot of guys vote only for personal gain and don't vote the honest and correct way because there are no consequences for this behavior.

That is not unique to UKC

Old Post 09-18-2018 08:31 PM
Slough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slough Click here to Send Slough a Private Message Click Here to Email Slough Find more posts by Slough Add Slough to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Slough
That is not unique to UKC

I fully realize that, but in other registries you can be held accountable.

Old Post 09-18-2018 09:03 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

That is not even unique to coonhunting. Whenever there is a vote that pertains to anything in life some people vote for personal gain. Votes can be bought no matter what people are voting for.

Old Post 09-18-2018 09:05 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
That is not even unique to coonhunting. Whenever there is a vote that pertains to anything in life some people vote for personal gain. Votes can be bought no matter what people are voting for.

All I'm saying is when your vote is a BLATANT lie, there should be consequences...

Old Post 09-18-2018 09:10 PM
swamp1
Banned

quote:
All I'm saying is when your vote is a BLATANT lie, there should be consequences...
Yea, suspended for about 3 years that ought to bout do and slow them👆, hopefully. Another lying cheating offence barred 7years, 3rd offense after all them years, Bye Felishia.

Old Post 09-18-2018 10:00 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

There should be, you are right. Write them up for unsportsmanlike conduct/cheating when you get back to the club. An investigation will take place. Even if nothing is done this time, it will be on file and will be brought up the next time they try it.

Old Post 09-18-2018 11:24 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

honesty

if there were more Honest people in world!! would not be much need in rule changes !! live with what we have now ! Need more Honest hunters like Tar cry baby ! lol

Old Post 09-19-2018 12:20 AM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris.S
UKC Forum Member

Two man casts are a mistake waiting to happen. .. whether it's a man unwilling to a give another dog desered credit, two buddies writing up a scorecard, or just a plain old difference of opinion they're a recipe for disaster.

Old Post 09-19-2018 02:56 AM
Chris.S is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris.S Click here to Send Chris.S a Private Message Click Here to Email Chris.S Find more posts by Chris.S Add Chris.S to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

While I have not taken time to read all responses to this change, I do know that there is no change at all that will ever eliminate cheating, or better put dis-honesty. Let's remember our rules are based on HONOR. Heck, they are called Honor Rules. If a person has no HONOR, no rule is going to help the problem, change or not.

If persons do have honor, no rule is really needed. Just a guideline. There is a KC out there that tries to overthink every rule they have, and believe me, there are those that use them fully. Not a lot of fun to hunt that way.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 09-19-2018 01:00 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

X2

Cheaters are cheats, Dishonesty is stealing, telling one thing and switching to another. They both go ✋ in ✋, same above as below. A cheat is a liar and a liar is a thief. Barr'em!!! Fooouuurrr!

Old Post 09-19-2018 07:23 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Surveyor
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I agree and feel UKC needs a panel rule. If there had been one in place on Saturday night at Walker days this year, the very person that started this thread would have a lot of explaining to do. Just couldn't hold my tongue given the irony!

2 time world finalist, 10th overall and high scoring Bluetick of the 2010 UKC World Coonhound Championship
NASHOBA VALLEY PIAZON, (RIP)
his littermate brother
UKC NT CH SHEPPARDS NORTHERN
BLUE LONER (RIP)
UKC GR NT CH RATTLERS BLUE SKY (RIP)
UKC Gr NT CH, PKC Ch Sheppard's Northern Blue Abbie, (PiazonxSky) UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Sheppards Northern Blue Punkin (PiazonXAlice) High scoring Bluetick of the 2015 (50th anniversary) Grand American, 2017 National Grand Nite Champion of breed, 2017 BBOA zone 4 Nite hunt dog of the year. Queen of hunt on 2019 Grand National Bluetick Reunion, 5th place and High Scoring Bluetick of 2019 UKC world Nite hunt Championship, 2019 Triple Crown Winner.
UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Mckintosh's Blue Flame Chopper
Gr Nt Ch Sheppards Northern Blue Goomba (Piazon X Dizzie) 14th place 2017 UKC world coon hound championship 100 purina point cast wins in 2018
and several other blueticks of lesser accomplishments

Old Post 09-19-2018 07:51 PM
Surveyor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Surveyor Click here to Send Surveyor a Private Message Click Here to Email Surveyor Find more posts by Surveyor Add Surveyor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Another reason why attendance is down.

Old Post 09-19-2018 10:58 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Do we need a lie detector ....@ the hunts now !... lol.hmmmmm🕵️

Old Post 09-20-2018 12:30 AM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote