UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > UKC Panel
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

UKC Panel

I just read in the rulebook that when any handler has a question and doesnt like the MOH's ruling or thinks that he is wrong, the handler can ask for a panel to hear their question. I sure didn't know this. I always thought that the MOH had the final say. It is amazing what you can learn by carefully reading the rulebook several times and not just skimming through it.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-17-2018 04:50 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

Re: UKC Panel

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
I just read in the rulebook that when any handler has a question and doesnt like the MOH's ruling or thinks that he is wrong, the handler can ask for a panel to hear their question. I sure didn't know this. I always thought that the MOH had the final say. It is amazing what you can learn by carefully reading the rulebook several times and not just skimming through it.

we know now who is & who is not reading the back of the scorecard. Its on the back--lol

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 06-17-2018 06:00 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

I've had to get a MOH's ruling overturned before. Panel overruled him and UKC upheld the panel's ruling. If you start the proper paperwork at the club level then UKC will have the final say. If it's a rules interpretation and they get it wrong at the club level, MOH and/or panel, it can still be corrected by UKC.

Old Post 06-17-2018 06:22 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Now you know the reason for the advisor. If the MOH gets it wrong you can take it all the way to UKC and you will know what the ruling will be. Based on what the advisor says.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 06-18-2018 12:20 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Michael Rosemond

Excellent post. Dave

Old Post 06-18-2018 01:38 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I think the King should get a Jury instead of a Panel... might be more fitting

Last edited by Corey Gruver on 06-18-2018 at 01:43 AM

Old Post 06-18-2018 01:40 AM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, "a panel of your peers". The only problem is that as you can see from this message forum your "peers" don't know the rules either.

Old Post 06-18-2018 02:24 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

So on the other post people are talking about "the way that it has always been done". Do y'all think that a panel will go by the the rulebook or "the way that it has always been done".

Old Post 06-18-2018 02:40 AM
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
So on the other post people are talking about "the way that it has always been done". Do y'all think that a panel will go by the the rulebook or "the way that it has always been done".
the way it has always been done .lol

Old Post 06-18-2018 03:55 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Oh my goodness, "a panel of your peers". The only problem is that as you can see from this message forum your "peers" don't know the rules either.

That's a mouthful of truth Richard. Hardly ever does a panel get it right by the rules. I guess most of the cooks and knee slappers that just sit around the club house don't read the rules enough to care, but when asked to sit on a panel they are the world's foremost experts on the subject. Oh the MOH's aren't always right, but it is so much easier to show one person the rule where they are wrong than to get three to even look.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 06-18-2018 12:16 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Doesn't every clubhouse have a rulebook and an advisor that a panel can use to look up and read the rule involved and UKC's official interpretation? Shouldn't UKC require this? Shouldn't they require that every MOH or HD have an Advisor on his person when he is officiating? Maybe they should require every MOH to have and read the Advisor before they give them a license. How are they going to officiate at a hunt if they don't know UKC's official interpretation of the rules?

Old Post 06-18-2018 03:18 PM
chaz2012
Banned

So you want a panel , Then I just scratch them for one reason or another problem solved, If they dont like that we fight. Im 26-0 so they know better.

Charlie Portwood Jr.

Old Post 06-18-2018 03:29 PM
chaz2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chaz2012 Click here to Send chaz2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email chaz2012 Find more posts by chaz2012 Add chaz2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Chaz2012

Hope that you were kidding, if not the hunts are no place for you to be at. I would hate to see something bad happen to you, 26-0 means nothing to a man that means business. Dave

Old Post 06-19-2018 02:51 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chaz2012
Banned

Re: Chaz2012

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Hope that you were kidding, if not the hunts are no place for you to be at. I would hate to see something bad happen to you, 26-0 means nothing to a man that means business. Dave
Your scratched

Charlie Portwood Jr.

Old Post 06-19-2018 01:11 PM
chaz2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chaz2012 Click here to Send chaz2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email chaz2012 Find more posts by chaz2012 Add chaz2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Chaz2012

Scratched? Man, I thought that I had won the cast! Lol. Dave

Old Post 06-19-2018 06:26 PM
chaz2012
Banned

quote:
Scratched? Man, I thought that I had won the cast! Lol. Dave
So do you wana fight ROFLMAO

Charlie Portwood Jr.

Old Post 06-20-2018 01:55 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Chaz2012

No fighting, you already scratched me, that's bad enough! I definitely don't want to get barred. Lol. Dave

Old Post 06-20-2018 05:07 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
No fighting, you already scratched me, that's bad enough! I definitely don't want to get barred. Lol. Dave

Dave I believe you can take him!

Old Post 06-20-2018 07:09 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

He might know moo goo guy pan or chop suey !! Or classily trained by bwuce wee !!

Ahhhhhh honerable tarason

Last edited by yadkintar on 06-20-2018 at 09:22 PM

Old Post 06-20-2018 09:08 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tim/Tar

Probably can, but after my posts on fighting, it would not look to good for me! I don't think there is any place for fighting at any hunt, to great of a chance on something bad happening. Gone are the days when men just settled their differences and were friends afterwards, some don't want to play fair and some don't want to play at all. Don't want to fight, but definitely won't run. Dave

Old Post 06-21-2018 12:03 AM
yadkintar
Banned

I don't even like to hear talk of it I went to the dr yesterday got bone spurs in my neck pushing on the nerves couldn't even raise my right arm they gave me some shots I can move it today. But I can remember the days when I got beaten so bad I couldn't breath for two weeks. I would really rather talk about what we have accomplished with our dogs myself.

Tar

Old Post 06-21-2018 12:26 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

I think the guy just having a little fun, if not I wish him All the best in his quest because Someone Will But a Pop Knot on his head LOL.

Mr Tim.

Old Post 06-21-2018 12:42 AM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tim

I believe he's just having fun, seems like a pretty nice guy. Lol. Then again, we were all young and foolish back in our youth. Like Tar said, I would much rather talk about hunting or a good dog, nothing good every comes out of being a badazz. Dave

Old Post 06-21-2018 02:18 AM
chaz2012
Banned

Re: Re: Chaz2012

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
Dave I believe you can take him!
Oh no dont ag him on he may call my bluff then what am I gona do

Charlie Portwood Jr.

Old Post 06-21-2018 03:10 AM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Chaz2012

quote:
Originally posted by chaz2012
Oh no dont ag him on he may call my bluff then what am I gona do

You do like the rest of us old guys Don’t Answer LMBO.

Mr Tim.

Old Post 06-21-2018 11:24 AM