UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Dogs and Puppies For Sale > WILD N BLUE pups for sale.
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Check out the video. 4.5 months and this is a wild raccoon treed today while I was checking feeders and looking for antler sheds.
Lots A Grit Wild and Blue Jazz

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-25-2015 10:43 PM
Rowdy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rowdy Click here to Send Rowdy a Private Message Click Here to Email Rowdy Find more posts by Rowdy Add Rowdy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig corbeil
UKC Forum Member

pups

That's owsome Chris nothing better than watching a pup tree there first coon. She has a brother that's doing pretty good also Ben thinking posting video also didn't won't to jinks myself my son named his Jed hopefully we can get jazz and jed together for a hunt sometime

Old Post 03-25-2015 11:13 PM
Craig corbeil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig corbeil Click here to Send Craig corbeil a Private Message Click Here to Email Craig corbeil Find more posts by Craig corbeil Add Craig corbeil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Hey Craig, I have a post going for Jazz called The Blue Dog a Project on the Bluetick Breed Board. That is where I am going to post future updates on Jazz. I'll post a link.

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...eadid=928407982

Last edited by Rowdy on 03-26-2015 at 12:06 AM

Old Post 03-26-2015 12:03 AM
Rowdy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rowdy Click here to Send Rowdy a Private Message Click Here to Email Rowdy Find more posts by Rowdy Add Rowdy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe brickey
UKC Forum Member

I want to thank Nick for his integrity. My pup has a problem with his legs. Will probly come of it. Showed him a picture of the pup. He did not hassitate to respond

Sent male 5 to Bluetic days for me.
You have my respect very highly.

Thank you very much Nick.

Old Post 03-26-2015 12:42 AM
Joe brickey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe brickey Click here to Send Joe brickey a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe brickey Find more posts by Joe brickey Add Joe brickey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

"proof is in the pudding"

Looks like my theory proved to be right,......Easy starting natural coon minded pups looking to get treed"

Chris - You have done a great job raising that little female. Anybody would be proud to raise a pup as nice as her. Keep them feeders full and keep taking her out. Glad to hear she was starting her own tracks last night.

Craig- Jed is doing an amazing job also. He's going to be the talk of Michigan once people catch wind of how good he's been doing. Keep up the good work!

Joe- No need to thank me, it was only the right thing to do. I'm glad your liking both of the males. Hopefully not too much longer those rickets will be gone on the first one. Keep their bedding dry, lots of exercise, and keep giving the calcium pills and liver oil. He'll come out of it soon enough.

Female #2 will be heading to West Virginia on Sunday. She's heading to a hard hunting pleasure hunter. I know she will be given a fair chance at her new home. One of his employees is a competition hunter that has won a few state hunts, he's gunna be the handler if she ever lives up to be something good.

and Male#4, and Female #1 will be staying here in NY with me. I take them for a walk everyday to check my feeders and they love to run. Seem like some gamey pups with a lot of sense. Wont be too long we'll all have a action packed wild n blue hound

Keep posting and texting me good reports of your pups gents. Im making a scrap book of this litter. Would love to fill it with some action photos.

thanks,

Nick

HOME OF:

UKC GRNITECH CH PR MIDNIGHT STORMS WILDMAN BUCK
(Check out Wildman Buck's Stud Page)

PR CHIEFS WILD N BLUE CRACK
-2017 Da$h For Ca$h Fall Shootout Finals Championship Overall Winner

Old Post 03-27-2015 03:29 PM
Nick Jennings is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Jennings Click here to Send Nick Jennings a Private Message Find more posts by Nick Jennings Add Nick Jennings to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ggreen3
UKC Forum Member

Nick do you have any pups left?

Old Post 04-04-2015 11:23 PM
ggreen3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ggreen3 Click here to Send ggreen3 a Private Message Click Here to Email ggreen3 Find more posts by ggreen3 Add ggreen3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davemc
UKC Forum Member

pup

I have a pick of the litter Male pup out of this cross. Do to problems with my hip replacement, I have decided to sell him. All up to date on shots. Two 5 ways and a 7 way. Nice mouth. Price 400 First one to come get him gets him. call Dave at 585 786 2428 or cell 585 727 0643. PS Iam on one leg right now so I cant take pictures so don't even ask! I can tell you what he looks like. Nice full Mask Bluetick head and almost blanket back body.

Old Post 04-10-2015 03:44 PM
davemc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davemc Click here to Send davemc a Private Message Find more posts by davemc Add davemc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Jazz owned by Chris P

5months and 7 days old. Had the meat by herself in the woods

HOME OF:

Old Post 04-19-2015 03:39 PM
Nick Jennings is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Jennings Click here to Send Nick Jennings a Private Message Find more posts by Nick Jennings Add Nick Jennings to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Pups are just over 6 months old

How is everybody's pup doing?

I know of a female in Indiana that has been treeing coon consistently for the past month solid. Her owner is looking to get her ready for the Fall Baby Stakes

If you have a photo quality picture of your pups, please send them to me guys.

HOME OF:

Old Post 05-19-2015 01:43 PM
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

05-18-15

Lotsagrit Wild N Blue Jazz. Does this look like a 6 month old pup?
Keep up to date by subscribing to "The Blue Dog Project" on the Bluetick Breed page.

Old Post 05-19-2015 05:35 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Pups should be filling out and starting to turn it on by now, oh wait... that was three months ago. lol

Post, or text pics/videos of your pups guys
585-993-0145

HOME OF:

Old Post 06-11-2015 05:45 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Did a little researching today

For you fellas that own a pup out of this litter,....

2011 Bluetick days Friday night
2nd place GRNITECH: GR NITE CH 'PR' Mann's Wild N Blue Chief, 850+.

2013 Bluetick days
Thursday Night Non Licensed All Blue Championship Hunt
1st Runner Up: CH GR NITE CH ‘PR’ Manns Wild-N-Blue Chief, 250+.

Friday Night
1st place GRNITECH: CH GR NITE CH Manns Wild N Blue Chief, 675+.

Saturday Night
2nd place GRNITECH: CH GR NITE CH ‘PR’ Manns Wild-N-Blue Chief, 700+

2004 National Grand Night Champion Overall Winner
***GRNITECH Wild N Blue Lou***

2005 National Grand Night Champion Bluetick Breed Winner
GRNITECH B&D's Blue Spike, 475+

about 75% of this litter has already treed its own coon, and their not even 9months old

.............."THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING"

HOME OF:

Last edited by Nick Jennings on 07-16-2015 at 12:23 AM

Old Post 07-15-2015 07:54 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

7/22/15 Mr. "CRACK"

Took Crack for a long walk yesterday evening when I went to fill the feeder bucket. We adventured through the steep hills and up along a creek bed, down through some sugar maples and back down the valley to home getting some exercise in. This pup is going to be a fun one to hunt by time the sweet corn is ready.

HOME OF:

Old Post 07-23-2015 01:52 PM
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Hey,
Crack looks familiar. I see the family traits in his face. What kind of mouth does he have? What's he doing on his own?

Old Post 07-23-2015 03:08 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

He's going to have a chop mouth. I just got him back about a week ago from being farmed out. kid had him about a month and it got to be too much for him between work and hounds. he lives wayyy back in the woods so crack got to run the woods everyday and interact with that family. he did happen to show him two coons and he barked at them pretty good so I hear...
Crack was a little skiddish in the first few months of his life so I never took him out at night due to being hard to catch. That's the main reason I farmed him out to such a large family figuring that would do him justice. His sister was the exact opposite, she'd come to a whistle a mile away. Ive had her out half a dozen times and she'd go all the way with my nitech male.

After a few handling lessons for crack while being farmed out, I was amazed yesterday at how much he learned his name and what to do when called. His nose never left the ground during our hike yesterday. he was tracking whatever left a scent and checking trees.

Their getting close to 9months and its time to start hitting the training full force. I always like to try out new training methods and see what else can work for me. I had a old timer tell me last year to not go heavy on the training until they are big enough to take to the woods by themselves. I got my feeder tires full again, so we'll see what these pups can do in a little while

Apparently some folks are luckier than others, and have coon treeing monsters at 4months old (CHRIS! LOL)

HOME OF:

Old Post 07-23-2015 04:19 PM
huffman1988
UKC Forum Member

Nick, I have read most of the post on this thread, and I love following the thread concerning Jazz. The next time you make a cross please let me know I would be very interested. I am just getting back into hunting, and have a young Utchman and Smokey River dog I am getting ready to start now, but if you have another litter sometime next year I would love to have one.

Old Post 07-24-2015 12:54 AM
huffman1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huffman1988 Click here to Send huffman1988 a Private Message Find more posts by huffman1988 Add huffman1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

hope everyone aint snowed in too much

been a while since I pulled up this thread. Just looking to hear how everyones pups are doing. Hope they had a good season under their belt for the first time in their life.

Wish that everyone would post a picture and share a little information on how you are doing with your chief x jewell pup. I will post some picks of my (2) pups later today. I ended up hanging onto Male #4 who I call "Crack" and Female #1 who I call "KC"

And as always, subscribe to this thread, so you will get notifications of any updated news

Take Care!

HOME OF:

Old Post 01-15-2016 02:15 PM
Joe brickey
UKC Forum Member

LAST NITE got me real excited.

Hawk turned 14 months today. Had not tryed to tree. Burn a track up. Real quick to strike. Not one time locate or even try to tree. If he could see it was every breath.
LAST NITE ran 700 hundred yards every breath worried at first then my female opened. She treed started in well just like always. THEN he cut loose on that tree loud hard chop I mean fast. Gave him the Coon. First in awhile, been tieing him back.
Next drop struck went 320 yards female treed before we got there I was listening to him every breath. Then I realized they are not together. Split about 30 yards apart. Had a den.

ALMOST GAVE UP ON HIM.. HUNTING IS GOING TO GET FUN AGAIN
I like hunting young dogs. Get on my nerves but when they do it.. That's what it's all about

HAPPY HUNTING ALL.

Old Post 01-15-2016 11:01 PM
Joe brickey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe brickey Click here to Send Joe brickey a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe brickey Find more posts by Joe brickey Add Joe brickey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Well the day has come where I've found the gut to tell the world the news. PR Jennings BlueRiver Jewell has recently passed.

I can reminisce like it was yesterday the day we went and got her. I was around 10 or 11 years old at the time and I told my father I wanted a Bluetick and I wanted one that was out of something in the book (coonhound bloodlines). GRNITECH Frosty Blue Bo Bo was an eye catcher and the name sounded right, so I wanted a puppy out of him. Months went by and no plan or word was mentioned of any litters within reasonable driving distances to get a pup out of Bo Bo. Then one day the 2004 Autumn Oaks Special Issue for the Coonhound Bloodlines came to our mailbox. On the cover stood a Bluetick female like a statue, and around her were fortunate people to be a part of her success that weekend. Big tall trophies stood before them and they shined within that shiny new magazine cover shining back at me. She wasn't a Frosty Blue Bo Bo and Frosty Blue Bo Bo wasn't her, but seeing a Bluetick Female take the title out of all them fine dogs told me she was something I needed to be included in.

Looking at the past almost 11 years, I probably could've had a pup out of her handed to me for almost free if I was to just call and tell that breeder straight what I not wanted, but needed so badly. Well my father was either getting the same idea as me or was just annoyed of the bugging, so a phone call was made. A planned cross between GRNITECH B&D's Blue Spike and the defending 2004 Autumn Oaks Overall Winner Wild N Blue Lou was spoken of and we were determined to get on the list when the time came. I didn't know a thing about Blue Spike at the time except for he stretched out nice on that tree in his advertised photo. He had good color and looked like a coonhound so that was good enough for me. Well sometime around the spring of 2005 we confirmed to be on the list for a female pup out of Spike and Lou.

THE ROADTRIP
It was a weekday night and I was just getting home from a middle school fun night. The night was about shot and we somehow managed to come to an agreement that we were leaving at midnight to head West to Ohio to Mr. Shane Groves house. We packed our gear and packed that Maroon Chevy Silverado Club Cab as tight as two frog hairs. Dad driving, uncle Donnie in the passenger seat, and 4 teenage boys on a bench seat packed tight. To this day I don’t even know if Mr. Groves knew we were even coming. We drove all night stopping along the way for fuel and snacks. I sure know I wasn’t sleeping till we got there. Morning came and we arrived at a little Ma and Pop Diner close to where Mr. Groves lived. After finishing out morning breakfast we asked our waitress if she knew of a man named Shane Groves that lived nearby. She took one step to the side and pointed across the short dining area and pointed at the wall. On the wall was a photo of a young Shang Groves with Grnitech Blueriver Sloppy. It was a Congrats to Shane article for making it to the finals of the UKC World Hunt. That was our man and we headed to where he called home. Upon arrival, we didn’t see a sole around. Dogs barking in the kennel, a dog still in the dog box waiting to be let out, and a dozen roses on the kitchen table. Now either Shane was in big trouble for bringing another dog home or he was celebrating something. After about an hour of waiting, Mr. Groves finally came to life from his bed and greeted us outside with sleepy eyes. He had GRNITECH BlueRiver Sloppy in his dog box still, he had gotten home from a long night of coon hunting about the same time the sun came up. To our surprise Mr. Groves didn’t have the puppies at his house. They were all the way over in the next state of Indiana at Mr. Steve Burkeholder’s farm.

We weren’t driving 8 hours back home for just another 2 hours of flat Ohio/Indiana driving. We piled back in and went to Mr. Groves business for directions to Steve’s house. We arrived to Blazer Lights which was run by Shane’s dad come to find out. A 40 lb. opossum mounted in one of the interior corners and a lot of hunting supplies around the place for purchase. We even got to see Wild N Blue Lou’s trophies from when she won Autumn Oaks. They were tall and still shiny from when I first seen them on the cover of the magazine. We got our directions and headed farther west to Indiana- home of Steve Burkeholder. A lot of farm land, patches of woods, and road signs that made no sense at all covered that flat ground. Hard to believe coon populations stays so high in that type of environment.

We made it to Steve’s house and this time it looked a little better. Pups and Lou had a welcoming appearance in a nice above ground kennel setup in front of a small dairy barn. They looked nice and healthy. My long awaiting pick for a true Bluetick coonhound with a pedigree to back up against anything came short when a dark colored female came over to play. She had good color, a nice mouth, and wasn’t shy in any way. She made picking really easy because she came to me. I don’t even think I paid any attention to the rest of the pups. Don’t believe I even looked at another to compare. She was the one I wanted and the rest is history. I named her PR. Jennings Blue River Jewell. We believed we had a real gem on our hands. We made sure we got the 7 generation pedigree in a tube when we ordered her papers.

Jewell was a complete natural from one end to the other. She was a small compact go getter, and she meant business when she was unsnapped. She was a trailing type coonhound that sounded sweet to the ear when she trailed a ringtail. Her locate was one in a million that’s one thing I will miss about her for sure. She hit the ground running and was a complete natural in the coon hunting world. Her pedigree showed in her on what she was bred to do. Jewell was a character in her own world. If I poured her dog feed outside her box, she would have the bowl inside her box the next day waiting for me to reach in to the back and she would watch me struggle. Everyday. If I poured the feed and set the bowl inside her box, she would have the bowl waiting to be refilled at the foot of the dog hole. She gave me just shy of 11 years of memories I hope I will never forget. Jewell was the Queen to my Kennel since the day she came home with us. Thank you everyone for reading my story that I thought I would share with the rest of the coon hunting world.

Last pictures taken of jewell February 3, 2016 4:55PM

Click on video

Jewell with a belly full in 2014

Jewell looking good in the summer of 2014

HOME OF:

Last edited by Nick Jennings on 02-16-2016 at 10:22 PM

Old Post 02-16-2016 03:36 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Jewell

Sorry to hear of the loss of Jewell. I hunted with her daughter Jazz when I went to see Chris and she is a super nice gyp. Hope you get another some day that puts the gleam back in your eye. Take Care Nick.

Old Post 02-16-2016 08:40 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Click on video for LIVE ACTION!

HOME OF:

Old Post 03-29-2016 02:47 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Female got under one last night. Treed solid on it too.

Got my feeders going good, pups need to start capitalizing on these hot track opportunities and they should catch up with the ability to their littermates.

HOME OF:

Old Post 04-19-2016 06:37 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

PR CHIEF's WILD N BLUE KC

KC picked up a Best of Show on the bench yesterday. After the show, headed to the woods and cut a coon to her and a English male. She found it no problem off scent and treed her heart out. She's really impressed me on the last two coon I've cut to her. Tonight I'm putting her on the feeders.

HOME OF:

Last edited by Nick Jennings on 04-23-2016 at 10:55 PM

Old Post 04-23-2016 10:51 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

PR Chief's Wild N Blue Crack

HOME OF:

Old Post 04-25-2016 01:56 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Congrats to Chris Powell and Jazz.

quote:
Originally posted by Rowdy

Dave, thought I would put Chief back on top with this photo.
Lotsagrit Wild N Blue Jazz
975+
0-
0 Circle
2016 Bluetick Grand Reunion
1st place registered and High Scoring Dog Saturday Night.
(Wild N Blue Chief x Jennings Blue River Jewel)

HOME OF:

Old Post 04-25-2016 03:57 PM