UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Beagles > Update on Woodbury training area
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sundown Beagles
UKC Forum Member

Update on Woodbury training area

After a 1/2 day of Vacation. LOL! Max Thornsley, Donny McVay and I met today with AEP Reps. We have preliminarily secured almost 700 additional acres of AEP ground for dog training area. This is on top of the almost 900 acres we already have. We should recieve final approval very soon and will be posting signs.
Unfortunately we were unable to get Woodbury back as there is ALOT of federal money involved and there is NO WAY the state was going to give the money up. We persued this option and feel at least we were able to get an even bigger area to allow for summer running. For more info please attend the next CCBC meeting on the first Sunday of each month at Schumaker Farms at 7:00pm
Thanks Max and Donny for your time and help!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-13-2010 06:57 PM
Sundown Beagles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sundown Beagles Click here to Send Sundown Beagles a Private Message Click Here to Email Sundown Beagles Find more posts by Sundown Beagles Add Sundown Beagles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CSG
Banned

IT IS SAD BUT TRUE!!!!!!

Bein that a man has gota go threw the system fer havin grounds to keep-up a means of life----WHAT HAS THIS WORLD COMMIN TO IS WHAT YOU GOTA ASK UR-SELF! MAN GOTA PAY OUT REAR END TO FEED-N-KENNEL AND THEN----HAVE TO STRUGGLE TO HAVE GROUNDS TO TRAIN AND HUNT---SAD SAD-----THANKS TO STRONG WILLIN FOLKS LIKE YOUALL TO STAND UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 09-14-2010 02:39 AM
CSG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CSG Click here to Send CSG a Private Message Find more posts by CSG Add CSG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brian deeds
UKC Forum Member

Could soMeone keep me posted on this an where the training area will be at? I will not be able to attend the next beagle meeting cause of my job. Thanks brian

b&l's chic

"good dogs are born great dogs are made" "no god,no peace know god know peace"

Old Post 09-14-2010 06:05 AM
brian deeds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brian deeds Click here to Send brian deeds a Private Message Click Here to Email brian deeds Find more posts by brian deeds Add brian deeds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sundown Beagles
UKC Forum Member

Just recieved word Friday that it was approved by ODNR!!! We will be working in the coming weeks to post signs in all areas. I will say that AEP and ODNR made it very CLEAR that during the dog training months anyone caught running outside the areas WILL BE TICKETED. More info can be obtained at the CCBC meeting which is held the 1st Sunday of every month at Schumaker Farms in West Lafayette Ohio @7 pm.
Brian let me know when your available and I will try to get you the info.
Thanks again Max Thornsley and Donny McVay for your help. It took awhile but it paid off. Dave McVay

Old Post 09-20-2010 01:06 PM
Sundown Beagles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sundown Beagles Click here to Send Sundown Beagles a Private Message Click Here to Email Sundown Beagles Find more posts by Sundown Beagles Add Sundown Beagles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TR Beagles
UKC Forum Member

Dave I would like to give a big thanks and congrats to u and all the other men which put in the time and effort to obtain and secure training grounds for yourselfs and fellow beaglers. Sticking up for the sport like yall did shows great passion which i wish more people(including myself) would develop and persue. AND even though West Virgina has not been givin ridiculous restrictions such as these i am afraid that the time is coming soon unless we get some changes in goverment. BUT thanks alot for all of yalls determination, and keep fighting boys!

Let's hit the field and let the fun begin

Old Post 09-20-2010 02:50 PM
TR Beagles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TR Beagles Click here to Send TR Beagles a Private Message Click Here to Email TR Beagles Find more posts by TR Beagles Add TR Beagles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brian deeds
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Dave I'm usually home on Friday nights an Saturdays an I leave out on Sundays most of the time. Thanks again Dave.

b&l's chic

Old Post 09-20-2010 03:37 PM
brian deeds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brian deeds Click here to Send brian deeds a Private Message Click Here to Email brian deeds Find more posts by brian deeds Add brian deeds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thornie
UKC Forum Member

Dave and I will be posting the new hunting area's today. We will be taking GPS readings to send to AEP. For those that run this area, here is a map of the new training area. You can print this map from attachment below.

http://www.aep.com/environmental/re.../Conesville.pdf

From Co. Rd. 7 just past the Mourer Home, take Twp. Rd. 142
( the slab) to Twp. Rd. 141 (cemetary) Both sides of road.

From Co. Rd. 7 just past the Mourer Home, take Co. Rd. 7 to Twp. Rd. 137 to Twp Rd 123 past the (cat farm) to oil tank. Both sides of road.

From Twp. Rd. 137 (tee) take Co Rd. 138 ( the flats) to dump at top of the hill on Twp.. Rd. 138. Both sides of road.

From Twp. Rd. 137 (tee) go down the hill and turn left on Twp. Rd. 123 past (the pot plant) or Mary Stuckums ) to bottom of the hill to old hall road. Both sides of the road.

From old hall road back up to Co. Rd. 7. Both sides of road.

We also have been given some extra traning grounds around Otsego Area.
From St. Rt. 541, take St. Rt. 93 past Old Simco Peabody Mine Office, signs will be posted on the right side of the road.

From St. Rt. 83 to St. Rt. 93, (Otsego) turn left, signs will be posted on left side of road.

I would like to say Thank You to the guys at AEP and the ODNR for their support of adding to our dog trainig area.

One more thing it was made clear to us that if you were caught running out of these areas, during the closed time, you would be ticketed.

Last edited by thornie on 09-21-2010 at 11:49 AM

Old Post 09-21-2010 11:30 AM
thornie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thornie Click here to Send thornie a Private Message Click Here to Email thornie Find more posts by thornie Add thornie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jprater
UKC Forum Member

wow!!!great work guys!!! from the sounds of it we should have plenty of running in the off months...thanks!!

Old Post 09-21-2010 02:23 PM
jprater is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jprater Click here to Send jprater a Private Message Click Here to Email jprater Find more posts by jprater Add jprater to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brian deeds
UKC Forum Member

Thanks max for posting. The odnr going to mow paths or is that our job to do? Thnks Brian

b&l's chic

Old Post 09-21-2010 03:15 PM
Sundown Beagles
UKC Forum Member

Takes a special permit for anyone to mow paths. Was posting sign tonight and will be working on the tomorrow night also. Thanks Max, Donny and Albert Fulton for the help. Hope everyone adheres to the rules or we may lose it all. I for one very seldom hunt out there but realize the importance to having this area for our members and club.

Old Post 09-22-2010 01:29 AM
brian deeds
UKC Forum Member

Ok thanks for that info Dave

b&l's chic

Old Post 09-22-2010 03:14 AM
scottdavis12166
UKC Forum Member

mowing

I thought thornie had a special mow permit ha ha

Old Post 09-22-2010 10:18 PM
scottdavis12166 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for scottdavis12166 Click here to Send scottdavis12166 a Private Message Click Here to Email scottdavis12166 Find more posts by scottdavis12166 Add scottdavis12166 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thornie
UKC Forum Member

Update on dog training area at Otsego.

We have lost the dog training area at Otsego. AEP has decided to sell it all.

Old Post 04-27-2017 11:52 AM
thornie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thornie Click here to Send thornie a Private Message Click Here to Email thornie Find more posts by thornie Add thornie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thornie
UKC Forum Member

Update on dog training area at Otsego.

We have lost the dog training area at Otsego. AEP has decided to sell it all.

Old Post 04-27-2017 11:52 AM
Sundown Beagles
UKC Forum Member

Think were gonna lose more than just the Otsego area. This is AEP ground not Woodbury. Unfortunately AEP is selling several acres in and around Coshocton County.

Old Post 04-27-2017 01:39 PM
RNBrunton
UKC Forum Member

AEP will soon sell everything.ODNR is doing a song and dance about buying ,but I'm afraid this end up being parcel out for the wealthy.

Old Post 04-27-2017 04:15 PM
RNBrunton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RNBrunton Click here to Send RNBrunton a Private Message Find more posts by RNBrunton Add RNBrunton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote