UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Club opportunities
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Club opportunities

Attention all UKC sanctioned coon club members, officers, and/or board of directors.

Did you know that the UKC Squirrel program is growing by leaps and bounds? Fact is, we have grown the participation faster than we have grown the network of clubs!

This gives established UKC sanctioned coon clubs the opportunity to build your membership, and to build your treasury! Think about it, no competition for dates, eager participants that are looking for a "local" hunt. That equals entry fees, which is dollars in the treasury!

Most of the areas that are used for coon hunting at night also holds squirrels in the day time.....that means that your local club guides used in the coon hunts can be used in the day time for squirrels!

Many of today's best businesses learned the lesson of diversification (offering many different products) was the only way to survive. Opening up your club to cur related events just may be the diversity that your club needs.

Right now, I'm looking for sponsor clubs for two different world hunts, (squirrel and coon), and for a three to five segment series that I promise will pay your club VERY well for a minimum of effort.

Also think about adding a cur nite hunt event to your existing dates. There are cur hunters scattered across the country that are looking for local events to attend, but there are just not enough clubs holding these events. Cur events can be held on the same nights, at the same time as your regular UKC coon hunts, the dogs must be hunted seperatly however.

If you have any questions about how the cur program can help your club grow, and your clubs bank account grow......get in touch with me.....

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-26-2017 06:29 PM
Oak Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oak Ridge Click here to Send Oak Ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email Oak Ridge Find more posts by Oak Ridge Add Oak Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Phone number please.

Old Post 05-26-2017 06:58 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

You have a PM....

Old Post 05-26-2017 07:01 PM
Oak Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oak Ridge Click here to Send Oak Ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email Oak Ridge Find more posts by Oak Ridge Add Oak Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

I'm activley seeking clubs in the following states to hold a UKC State Level Cur hunt. If you have an active squirrel club, or even an active coon club that is interested in hosting a hunt, please get in touch with me.
Louisiana
Mississippi
Oklahoma
Texas
Arkansas
Alabama
Georgia
North Carolina
South Carolina
Missouri
Virginia
West Virginia
Illinois
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin
New York

Heck, just about all over the country!

Old Post 05-28-2017 03:00 PM
southerncaswell
UKC Forum Member

Phone number please. Interested in squirrel hunts in North Carolina. We have a coon club already but have had people ask about squirrel hunts..

Old Post 05-28-2017 04:32 PM
southerncaswell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southerncaswell Click here to Send southerncaswell a Private Message Find more posts by southerncaswell Add southerncaswell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

We have a coon club located in Manning, SC. If you could get some details and know of people in the area interested this is something that I would bring up at next club meeting. I do know from August until January we could not hold an event do to deer hunting.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 05-28-2017 06:40 PM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

There are folks all over the country that are interested in attending hunts....I don't have a list of names, but I know that if you schedule a hunt in your area, especially a state hunt....folks will show up!

Old Post 05-28-2017 08:27 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Anybody in or around the southern Oklahoma area contact me have a big nice facility goverment land out the wazoo would need knowledgable people to help always willing to try somthing new robert Hitt 580-341-8060.

Old Post 05-28-2017 08:40 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LonePineHounds
UKC Forum Member

If anybody in the eastern panhandle of WV, south Central PA, Western MD or the Frederick County area of VA are interested find Tri State Houndsman Association on Facebook.

Old Post 05-29-2017 05:03 PM
LonePineHounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LonePineHounds Click here to Send LonePineHounds a Private Message Click Here to Email LonePineHounds Find more posts by LonePineHounds Add LonePineHounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by LonePineHounds
If anybody in the eastern panhandle of WV, south Central PA, Western MD or the Frederick County area of VA are interested find Tri State Houndsman Association on Facebook.

Does this mean that your club might be interested in hosting some hunts?

Old Post 05-29-2017 07:31 PM
LonePineHounds
UKC Forum Member

Yes, we might be interested. I would have to talk it over with the guys at the next meeting and see if there's any interest in our area. Currently we're just holding coonhound night hunts but are open to other hunts.

How many curs usually hunt a state hunt on average? I'm sure it varies widely but a rough idea would be good.

There's a club in Harrisonville, PA that may be interested in some hunts as well but it's been turned down for UKC nite hunts twice now. We just turned in the application again however. The club is averaging 9 or 10 dogs a hunt in ACHA so I know they could draw in the UKC dogs as well. If holding some cur and squirrel hunts would grease the wheels with the nite hunts they would definitely be interested.

Old Post 05-30-2017 12:15 AM
LonePineHounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LonePineHounds Click here to Send LonePineHounds a Private Message Click Here to Email LonePineHounds Find more posts by LonePineHounds Add LonePineHounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

The attendance at state hunts will vary widely.

It depends on date, location, weather, advertising, preparation, hunting location.....

I would easily expect between 10 to 30 dogs.....but I truly don't know for sure.

Old Post 05-30-2017 01:19 AM
southernthunder
UKC Forum Member

I would be interested in holding some events here in Stigler Oklahoma. I love squirrel hunting. Anybody in our area that is interested please contact me at 918 448 7321

Southern Thunder Bluetick Kennels

At Stud: GRNITECH PR HAMLIN'S BLUE WHIP
PERFORMANCE SIRE $300 STUD FEE

HOME OF: GRNITECH GRCH PR HAMLIN'S DAVIE CROCKET HTX
2015 TRIPLE CROWN CHAMPION
2015 PURINA RACE BREED CHAMPION
2015 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITECH BLUETICK
2015 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2015 AUTUMN OAKS BBOA / BBCHA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2015 WINTER CLASSIC DOUBLE CAST WINNER PURINA POINTS EVENT
2015 WINTER CLASSIC BBOA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2015 ARKANSAS STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE
2015 MISSOURI STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE
2015 OKLAHOMA STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER
2015 KENTUCKY STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER
2015 INDIANA STATE PURINA CONTEDER CAST WINNER
2015 BBOA ZONE 7 CHAMPION / DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 BBOA TEXAS STATE CHAMPION / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 BBOA / WESTERN ENGLISH SHOOTOUT DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 UNITED ENGLISH ARKANSAS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPION / HIGH SCORE OVERALL CHAMPION
2015 BBOA YOUTH NATIONALS CAST WINNER 2ND OVERALL HIGH SCORE
2015 BBOA ZONE 7 HOUND OF THE YEAR
2015 BBOA/BBCHA GRAND REUNION RQE 1ST PLACE IOWA
2015 BBOA NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL CAST WINNER / 1ST RUNNER UP
2015 ELBERT VAUGHN MEMORIAL CHAMPION
2015 BILL JACKSON MEMORIAL CHAMPION
2015 BOOMER SOONER CLASSIC CHAMPION
2015 WESTERN ENGLISH SPRING CLASSIS CAST WINNER
2015 OKLAHOMA STATE YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP CAST WINNER
2015 BLUETICK CHALLENGE CHAMPION
2015 BBOA OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION / DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 UKC WORLD HUNT CAST WINNER
2016 PURINA NATIONALS CAST WINNER / BREED CHAMPION / HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
5 Time World Qualifier and 3 Peat Zone Champion
Too many wins to list them all
2020 Performance Sire at Stud
GRCH GRNITECH PR HAMLIN'S DAVIE CROCKET HTX

Thanks to everyone who has breed to Crocket or is hunting one of his offspring

Old Post 05-30-2017 04:52 AM
southernthunder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southernthunder Click here to Send southernthunder a Private Message Find more posts by southernthunder Add southernthunder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

UKC would like to announce an opportunity to take advantage of special event license pricing! For a limited time only, your Coon or Squirrel club is eligible for some discounted prices on Squirrel event license fees. Schedule one Coonhound or Squirrel event, get a squirrel event of equal or lesser value FREE! This means you can schedule a Coonhound Nite Hunt and be eligible for a free Cur or Feist Squirrel Hunt license or Bench Show license. Speak with anyone from the Field Operations Department for more information or to set something up with your club today!

Schedule a Coonhound Nite Hunt and UKC will waive your license fee for one of the following:
- Cur Nite Hunt
- Cur AM Squirrel Hunt
- Feist AM Squirrel Hunt
- Cur PM Squirrel Hunt
- Feist PM Squirrel Hunt
- Feist Bench Show
- Cur Bench Show

Schedule a Coonhound Field Trial, Water Race, or Bench Show and UKC will waive your license fee for one of the following:
- Feist Bench Show
- Cur Bench Show

Schedule a Squirrel Hunt (Cur or Feist) and UKC will waive your license fee for one of the following:
- Cur AM Squirrel Hunt
- Feist AM Squirrel Hunt
- Cur PM Squirrel Hunt
- Feist PM Squirrel Hunt
- Cur Nite Squirrel Hunt
- Feist Bench Show
- Cur Bench Show

Schedule a Cur Bench Show and UKC will waive your license fee for a Feist Bench Show, or vice versa.

*UKC will only waive event license fees. Clubs are still responsible for paying proper event recording fees.

Old Post 06-01-2017 05:03 PM