UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > picking judges and guides ??
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

picking judges and guides ??

I don't know much about competion hunting but when younger did some and it has changed over the years in a lot of different ways.

QUESTION:9 dogs in a registered hunt do you have to pick and put on three different score cards who the three judges and three guides will be before drawing the three other names to go on the three cards?
I never did believe in putting a guides name on a card for in any cast there will be someone who knows some place to go hunting especially in small local hunts.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING INSTEAD
OF HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-08-2017 08:38 PM
Carl Fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Carl Fox Click here to Send Carl Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Carl Fox Add Carl Fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

I have been going to some UKC hunts lately and none of them are doing it like UKC tells them too. Most are putting the guides on and then picking a judge by who draws to the card.

They should pick judges, then if the judges are not guides you draw them to the judges card from the "guide pile" then the rest are drawn to the card. This drawing the cast and them picking who judges from there is asking for trouble.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 05-08-2017 10:49 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

At this stage in the game somtimes we just got to try and cover the bases the best way we can it all goes off without any questions it's all good.

Old Post 05-08-2017 10:58 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd Miller
UKC Forum Member

scorecard.
UKC approves any draw system that is fair and
impartial such as the following method:
1. Based on the entry determine the number of
judges and guides you need for a specific category.
Remove and place any pre-selected judge or guide
entries not needed into pool 4 (Separating Entries
for Cast Drawing).

Old Post 05-09-2017 04:42 PM
Todd Miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd Miller Click here to Send Todd Miller a Private Message Find more posts by Todd Miller Add Todd Miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chainsaw
UKC Forum Member

Heres the problem I run into I listen to guys say I hunt my dog 5 nights a week but when yu ask them to guide they say they don't have any hunting spots anymore or there is a guy that has been in more hunts then anybody there but doesn't feel comfortable juding..I would like to say I pick the best people for the job but most of the time it's just comes down to who says yes when I ask them.Saturday night we had 6 dogs 3 reg 3 nite ch there was no drawing to it.

Old Post 05-09-2017 05:28 PM
chainsaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chainsaw Click here to Send chainsaw a Private Message Click Here to Email chainsaw Find more posts by chainsaw Add chainsaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tully
UKC Forum Member

I have guys gripe at me about not guiding, and I could care less. For our larger hunts I can get permission to guide on 3 spots, central Iowa spots. I've lost 75% of my ground to bow hunters with trail cameras taking pictures of the casts to the land owners, and claiming they've had stands and cameras stolen. I refuse to "wear out my welcome" on what I have left!

quote:
Originally posted by chainsaw
Heres the problem I run into I listen to guys say I hunt my dog 5 nights a week but when yu ask them to guide they say they don't have any hunting spots anymore or there is a guy that has been in more hunts then anybody there but doesn't feel comfortable juding..I would like to say I pick the best people for the job but most of the time it's just comes down to who says yes when I ask them.Saturday night we had 6 dogs 3 reg 3 nite ch there was no drawing to it.

Grnitech Grch4 $KC Ch Sky's Bawlin' Blue Rocket
Rocket's Dowd Creed Wack
Emma's Blue Power Amigo
Ch Rocket's T&T Gnarly Blue Smash
00 Dowd Creek Wack
Rocket's Dowd Creek Lil Deuce

641-352-0706

Old Post 05-11-2017 02:53 AM
Tully is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tully Click here to Send Tully a Private Message Click Here to Email Tully Find more posts by Tully Add Tully to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by joey
This drawing the cast and them picking who judges from there is asking for trouble.

It's nice to know who they all will be before hand, but judges and guides can change at any time during a hunt. Judges shouldn't need to be pre-assigned unless there is a potential problem with a particular dog/handler or handlers....one thing I always do though is when I am about to hand over the scorecard to a cast I ask them then, "who is going to judge this cast??" I want to make sure there is a judge assigned from the start just in case. Again, they can always change it later if or when needed.

quote:
Originally posted by chainsaw
Here's the problem I run into I listen to guys say I hunt my dog 5 nights a week, but when you ask them to guide they say they don't have any hunting spots anymore or there is a guy that has been in more hunts then anybody there but doesn't feel comfortable judging..I would like to say I pick the best people for the job but most of the time it's just comes down to who says yes when I ask them.Saturday night we had 6 dogs 3 reg 3 nite ch there was no drawing to it.

This is the problem and it's kind of always been there. In some clubs it is worse today than ever...newer generations seem to expect everything done for them by somebody else. Fortunately, at the local club they seem to run about the same as always or a little better.
Anyone that cannot take a cast out one night for 2 hours should not own dogs. If they want to hunt their dog in competition hunts but refuse to do any of the real "work" like judging and guiding they have to be given one of two choices, either you judge and/or guide or we cant have a hunt. It's that simple. I would rather see these kinds go home and stay there than show up at every hunt and expect a free ride.

Last edited by msinc on 05-11-2017 at 03:46 AM

Old Post 05-11-2017 03:39 AM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
At this stage in the game somtimes we just got to try and cover the bases the best way we can it all goes off without any questions it's all good.
round here in NC you can't ? nothing, you will be assaulted for it. the cast are selected behind closed doors and so are the judges and guides. lol crooks, cheats, lol

Old Post 05-18-2017 06:30 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
round here in NC you can't ? nothing, you will be assaulted for it. the cast are selected behind closed doors and so are the judges and guides. lol crooks, cheats, lol

Old Post 05-18-2017 06:30 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

Where in NC and who?

Old Post 05-18-2017 08:33 PM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Bill(Chew)
Where in NC and who?
eastern nc, the club has always been a little shady, older gents have stepped down as pres and vp and been replaced by two known cheats and swindlers, who will corrupt all the new blood they can, and if they can't, put a big x on their back. its a disgrace to have to put known cheaters in these positions. one more thing, A. H. and J.M.---I'm your huckleberry,LOL

Old Post 05-20-2017 06:35 PM
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Bill(Chew)
Where in NC and who?
eastern nc, the club has always been a little shady, older gents have stepped down as pres and vp and been replaced by two known cheats and swindlers, who will corrupt all the new blood they can, and if they can't, put a big x on their back. its a disgrace to have to put known cheaters in these positions. one more thing, A. H. and J.M.---I'm your huckleberry,LOL

Old Post 05-20-2017 06:35 PM
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

Okay, I think I know who you are talking about. Get the facts down pat and notify UKC.

Old Post 05-22-2017 01:21 AM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

guides

already did that sir, was informed the complaint may have been thrown in trash can.LOL, figured that. subverted by people who pursue wins at all cost. they are neither worthy of the duties sworn to them, nor worthy or their exalted positions as spokespersons ans representives of truth and fairness, or anything to do with honesty. they hunger for power under the guise of fairness rather than for sake of our beloved sport. their masters of perverting the truth, and creating conspiracy, with their theories of truth, lies, empowering them is toxic to our sport, but there are some who will not take it lying down. however this is deemed a outright attack ontheir legitamacy and they will do everything they can to discredit them. whats more crazy is they'' think'' they are gods of our sport. quote'' do you know who i am''? the mere suggestion that they cheat runs absolutely counter to what they believe, so the powers that be pretend nothings wrong, accepting a lie as truth,and sugar coating it.so its a test of faith in our sport that some, no matter how honest, won't accept. so how can you win? go public and hope truth wins out? the honest clubs and people that could be most helpful in publicizing the truth will probably be threatened as well, so most likely some will be lining up to discredit the truth. so again , how can truth win? this where we have to trust the system, by that i mean the pure truth. if the real truth does'nt come from within the system, then it will never be accepted , period. LOL. but if we can get to the bottom of the truth, we an remove corruptness by the roots and sweep clean all dicieving corruption, period. LOL possible? or mission impossible ?

Old Post 05-28-2017 01:15 AM
swamp1
Banned

guides

already did that sir, was informed the complaint may have been thrown in trash can.LOL, figured that. subverted by people who pursue wins at all cost. they are neither worthy of the duties sworn to them, nor worthy or their exalted positions as spokespersons ans representives of truth and fairness, or anything to do with honesty. they hunger for power under the guise of fairness rather than for sake of our beloved sport. their masters of perverting the truth, and creating conspiracy, with their theories of truth, lies, empowering them is toxic to our sport, but there are some who will not take it lying down. however this is deemed a outright attack ontheir legitamacy and they will do everything they can to discredit them. whats more crazy is they'' think'' they are gods of our sport. quote'' do you know who i am''? the mere suggestion that they cheat runs absolutely counter to what they believe, so the powers that be pretend nothings wrong, accepting a lie as truth,and sugar coating it.so its a test of faith in our sport that some, no matter how honest, won't accept. so how can you win? go public and hope truth wins out? the honest clubs and people that could be most helpful in publicizing the truth will probably be threatened as well, so most likely some will be lining up to discredit the truth. so again , how can truth win? this where we have to trust the system, by that i mean the pure truth. if the real truth does'nt come from within the system, then it will never be accepted , period. LOL. but if we can get to the bottom of the truth, we an remove corruptness by the roots and sweep clean all dicieving corruption, period. LOL possible? or mission impossible ?

Old Post 05-28-2017 01:15 AM
Paul Frederick
UKC Forum Member

All I can do is make sure the hunts I am in charge of are ran correctly. That being said, every hunt I Master of Hounds I and a club representative pick out the guides and judges before I put them on the cards. It really cuts down on problems and questions and gives everyone involved a more enjoyable event.

Old Post 05-29-2017 02:43 AM
Paul Frederick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Frederick Click here to Send Paul Frederick a Private Message Click Here to Email Paul Frederick Find more posts by Paul Frederick Add Paul Frederick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote