UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Newborn Puppy Question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
J Strickland
UKC Forum Member

Newborn Puppy Question

Can anyone tell me what this is?

Is it the pups intestines ? I think when the dam was chewing its umbilical cord she may have ruptured the walls causing its intestines to come out .

If this is what it is ... What would you suggest I do ... If anything?

Thanks in ADVANCE

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-06-2011 04:56 PM
J Strickland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J Strickland Click here to Send J Strickland a Private Message Find more posts by J Strickland Add J Strickland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
willseeyalater
UKC Forum Member

Vet ASAP this guy is ruptured out. If it is worth the money I don't know, sorry situation for sure. Sometimes the mom gets to aggressive cleaning them up, you have to keep a watch sometimes. How many pups do you have? Maybe this one needs to be let go?

Old Post 05-06-2011 05:00 PM
willseeyalater is offline Click Here to See the Profile for willseeyalater Click here to Send willseeyalater a Private Message Find more posts by willseeyalater Add willseeyalater to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Christy
UKC Forum Member

Location: Sylva, North Carolina (the far Western Tip of the State)

SORRY TO BE BLUNT, BUT THERE'S ONLY TWO CHOICES.....CULL OR VET.

*GRCH NTCH'PR'RB'S Rock River Sid-R.I.P.

*CH'PR'Jet's Tember Shakin Sadie (UKC 2ND)

*Banjo

Independent Consultant for Jamberry Nails!! Check them out!!

Quincy-828-269-8768
OR Christy-828-269-4678---If we dont answer, please leave a message!!!

EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

Old Post 05-06-2011 06:09 PM
Christy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Christy Click here to Send Christy a Private Message Click Here to Email Christy Visit Christy's homepage! Find more posts by Christy Add Christy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RED REBELS
UKC Forum Member

Christy is right... I know what i'd do, vet, just cuz the "odd balls" tend to be the best, but that is 100% up to you

Old Post 05-06-2011 06:21 PM
RED REBELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RED REBELS Click here to Send RED REBELS a Private Message Find more posts by RED REBELS Add RED REBELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J Strickland
UKC Forum Member

I went out to get the pup and take him to the vet and he had passed ... It happen quickly ... I have been out there almost every minute with her and the pups since 15 after 6 a.m. , I woke up around 5:45 am and went out to check on her and she was laid down and I could tell she was fixing to start . A little after 6 a.m. she started from then to 10 til 7 she had 6 pups. I had never seen a female have pups so fast. She did not start having another one until 9 - 9:30 and she had another around 10:30 - 11:00 . She has been a great mother. She has took good care of the pups. They are all healthy and looking good. She has 8 pups. She had 9 but we lost the one above.

Old Post 05-06-2011 07:23 PM
J Strickland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J Strickland Click here to Send J Strickland a Private Message Find more posts by J Strickland Add J Strickland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dale Young
UKC Forum Member

Mother nature solved your problem.

Old Post 05-06-2011 07:28 PM
Dale Young is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dale Young Click here to Send Dale Young a Private Message Click Here to Email Dale Young Find more posts by Dale Young Add Dale Young to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dixiewalker1
UKC Forum Member

Hope all the pups are well justin, SORRY you lost one always a bad feeling when you lose one.Take good care of the rest caue Im really excited about getting one its all I have been talking about latly Ive told everybody I know about me getting one cant wait!!!!!!!!

Waccamaw River Kennels.

Old Post 05-06-2011 09:38 PM
dixiewalker1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dixiewalker1 Click here to Send dixiewalker1 a Private Message Click Here to Email dixiewalker1 Find more posts by dixiewalker1 Add dixiewalker1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Geminite
UKC Forum Member

Sorry to hear about this! Best of luck with the remaining pups!

Home of:
CH Crystal Springs Dear Darla
Crystal Creeks Dizzy Spell

Proud Handler of:
GRNITECH CH PR Jamie's Trashy Big John
NITECH PR Lifeways Fire Cracker

In Fond Memory of:
NITECH CH PR Jamie's Trashy Hightech Redneck
GRNITECH GRCH PR Morgan's Losses Hills Dawn
GRCH PR Wilkinson's Jebb
NITECH CH PR Gimme Three Steps Mister

Old Post 05-07-2011 02:18 AM
Geminite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Geminite Click here to Send Geminite a Private Message Click Here to Email Geminite Visit Geminite's homepage! Find more posts by Geminite Add Geminite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote