UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Oklahoma public land
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kyle Sumpter
UKC Forum Member

Oklahoma public land

I live in east central ok and know all of the public land around here. What good public hunting is there in the rest of the state. Would like to take a trip with my two boys next fall or winter and spend a couple nights in thick coon. Was thinking southeastern ok should hold some honey holes.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-26-2019 09:08 PM
Kyle Sumpter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle Sumpter Click here to Send Kyle Sumpter a Private Message Click Here to Email Kyle Sumpter Find more posts by Kyle Sumpter Add Kyle Sumpter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coby Wright
UKC Forum Member

I grew up in Ardmore, OK and the coons are thin around there and the public hunting is even thinner. I'm told the thickest coons are in NE Oklahoma.

Old Post 03-27-2019 10:50 AM
Coby Wright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coby Wright Click here to Send Coby Wright a Private Message Visit Coby Wright's homepage! Find more posts by Coby Wright Add Coby Wright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

KAW LAKE

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 03-27-2019 11:40 AM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I am just 22 miles south of Ardmore got around 60,000 acres around lake texoma.

Tar

Old Post 03-27-2019 01:46 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kyle Sumpter
UKC Forum Member

Thanks guys. Would like to go to white river in arkansas but thought Oklahoma surely had a honey hole or two. Several wma around here but was looking for somewhere different.

Okred- does kaw lake have a good population?
Tar- how is the access to texoma? Roads? Hard to get to dogs?

Old Post 03-27-2019 04:41 PM
Kyle Sumpter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle Sumpter Click here to Send Kyle Sumpter a Private Message Click Here to Email Kyle Sumpter Find more posts by Kyle Sumpter Add Kyle Sumpter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kyle Sumpter
UKC Forum Member

Coby- I’m in NE Oklahoma and there is pockets of thick coon but a lot of thin. I’m between Cookson wma and Cherokee wma on lake tenkiller. Can tree coon but lots of hills and hollars.

Old Post 03-27-2019 04:44 PM
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

Miami

I'm from the northern most corner of the state. We have coons in spots and we don't in others. But we don't have ANY state ground or public ground to hunt on. GRDA bought all of ours up and they don't allow ANY hunting. I'm not sure how that is possible considering tax money is used but I've fought it tooth and nail and have yet to make any progress. If I were going to go somewhere id go around the Beggs area.