UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > What are the fastest black and tan track dogs?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RonnyB
UKC Forum Member

What are the fastest black and tan track dogs?

I'm looking for input as to what the fastest black and tans are that anyone has been to the woods with.
Dogs that have a cold nose and have the brains, drive and desire and grit to move that track like they are trying to kill the game they are pursuing. They must also be strong tree dogs.
Thanks for your replies.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-18-2017 03:06 PM
RonnyB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RonnyB Click here to Send RonnyB a Private Message Find more posts by RonnyB Add RonnyB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blckntan337
UKC Forum Member

Albert dogs..

6x Albert is probably one of the coldest nosed dogs I've ever hunted

Old Post 02-18-2017 03:27 PM
blckntan337 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blckntan337 Click here to Send blckntan337 a Private Message Click Here to Email blckntan337 Find more posts by blckntan337 Add blckntan337 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RonnyB
UKC Forum Member

I had an outstanding hound out of 3 time albert on top and smithurst hardrock female on the bottom.
He was a very athletic hound. Lean, muscled well and put together right. He was a dual grand, but I hunted him on bears, lions, bobcats, and lynx as well.
It didn't matter who or what I ran with him he was always out ahead and was a good treedog to boot.
I can't take the credit for his breeding or his ability.
I'm merely on a quest to find another one like him.

Old Post 02-18-2017 03:36 PM
RonnyB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RonnyB Click here to Send RonnyB a Private Message Find more posts by RonnyB Add RonnyB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blckntan337
UKC Forum Member

Must be talking about big game thunder.. lol

You should go back to the Albert stuff bud..

Old Post 02-18-2017 03:41 PM
blckntan337 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blckntan337 Click here to Send blckntan337 a Private Message Click Here to Email blckntan337 Find more posts by blckntan337 Add blckntan337 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RonnyB
UKC Forum Member

You got me. Lol
That dog spoiled me for life. If we could only turn back time.

Old Post 02-18-2017 03:56 PM
blackdawg
UKC Forum Member

Hi Dollar Dancer bloodline.

Brock Smith
H- 606-633-7730
C- 606-369-7317

Old Post 02-18-2017 04:27 PM
blackdawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackdawg Click here to Send blackdawg a Private Message Click Here to Email blackdawg Find more posts by blackdawg Add blackdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blckntan337
UKC Forum Member

lol.. yeah those extra special ones do that to us bud

Old Post 02-18-2017 04:37 PM
RonnyB
UKC Forum Member

Check your pm's please.
Thx

Old Post 02-18-2017 04:42 PM
DeerSlyer86
UKC Forum Member

Ozark screaming beast

Home of the Rattle Box Squaller
Nitech' Pr' Teague's Bama Timber Rattler
GRNitech' Pr' Ky River Giz
Pr' Teague's Late Nite Riddler
Pr' BTTB Storm

Old Post 02-18-2017 07:27 PM
DeerSlyer86 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DeerSlyer86 Click here to Send DeerSlyer86 a Private Message Click Here to Email DeerSlyer86 Find more posts by DeerSlyer86 Add DeerSlyer86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reece Samuelson
UKC Forum Member

Fastest track n best nosed black dog I ever seen was out of Kansas Hayes out of A Kansas Junior female

Old Post 02-18-2017 09:00 PM
Reece Samuelson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reece Samuelson Click here to Send Reece Samuelson a Private Message Click Here to Email Reece Samuelson Find more posts by Reece Samuelson Add Reece Samuelson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trsizemore
UKC Forum Member

nightriders mt zorro

garmin has clocked him 12 mph on coon and almost 16 mph on lion thanks tim

Old Post 02-18-2017 09:49 PM
trsizemore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trsizemore Click here to Send trsizemore a Private Message Click Here to Email trsizemore Find more posts by trsizemore Add trsizemore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ronnie H
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by RonnyB
I had an outstanding hound out of 3 time albert on top and smithurst hardrock female on the bottom.
He was a very athletic hound. Lean, muscled well and put together right. He was a dual grand, but I hunted him on bears, lions, bobcats, and lynx as well.
It didn't matter who or what I ran with him he was always out ahead and was a good treedog to boot.
I can't take the credit for his breeding or his ability.
I'm merely on a quest to find another one like him.

Could it be that a cross Smithurst / Albert clicked for you ?

Old Post 02-19-2017 01:41 AM
Ronnie H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ronnie H Click here to Send Ronnie H a Private Message Click Here to Email Ronnie H Find more posts by Ronnie H Add Ronnie H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RonnyB
UKC Forum Member

Yes that cross definitely clicked for me as well as for others. I spoke to Mr. Hicks the legend himself the other day and he had a smithurst gyp in his kennel that he liked and liked crossing 3x to. A friend of mine took pups out of those dogs I had and successfully linebred them and maintained those abilities to blister tracks, be good treedogs and to have the meat.
However at some point a person has to select a dog that is fresh blood but has those same qualities so as not to go backwards.
So here I am looking for opinions so I can make a list of dogs to spectate on to see if they have what it takes.

Old Post 02-19-2017 02:40 PM
jgandy
UKC Forum Member

Willowstick

At an Rqe this year in elkin nc a buddy of mine drew out with a female named willowstick. He said she run every track like Dale Earnhardt run a race just pulling ahead the whole time. This guys been in a lot of major hunts and he was impressed big time with her track speed. Pretty sure she's out of Uglystick but don't know the bottom side.

Old Post 02-25-2017 03:35 AM
jgandy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jgandy Click here to Send jgandy a Private Message Click Here to Email jgandy Find more posts by jgandy Add jgandy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Orville White J
UKC Forum Member

spring river runt he can move a track fast. go's back to Myers breeding both sides.

Old Post 02-25-2017 03:03 PM
Orville White J is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Orville White J Click here to Send Orville White J a Private Message Click Here to Email Orville White J Find more posts by Orville White J Add Orville White J to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Teddy23
UKC Forum Member

Had a male years ago from Tam Youngs Tennessee dogs. I don't expect to ever see another track dog run a coon like he could. Later had a female off Smithhurst Okla Concho that could flat run a coon down and did on several occasions. Also a female off Gr Nite ch Sparks Skipper that was a phenomenal track dog and caught many on the ground.
I wish I was fortunate enough to find track dogs like this today.

Old Post 02-25-2017 06:20 PM
Teddy23 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Teddy23 Click here to Send Teddy23 a Private Message Click Here to Email Teddy23 Find more posts by Teddy23 Add Teddy23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

big game line

my vote would be for trackdown dogs.. if they can run bear down they have to be fast......used in Minnesota and Wisconsin

Old Post 03-01-2017 08:47 AM
Black Ash Bawl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Ash Bawl Click here to Send Black Ash Bawl a Private Message Find more posts by Black Ash Bawl Add Black Ash Bawl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan D.
UKC Forum Member

Fastest ive seen were the buck II dogs. Of course this is part trackdown bred as mentioned. My zip female, littermate to buck II was fast fast fast. My cloudy female was bred to Ugly Gus which is Rex and jewell crossed on Eglis line. These pups are the hardest going ive seen in a long time and very fast on track. They are also great treedogs. David Haleys Lexi dog who just won winter classic female is one of them.

Old Post 03-01-2017 02:27 PM
Dan D. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan D. Click here to Send Dan D. a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan D. Find more posts by Dan D. Add Dan D. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

Re: What are the fastest black and tan track dogs?

quote:
Originally posted by RonnyB
I'm looking for input as to what the fastest black and tans are that anyone has been to the woods with.
Dogs that have a cold nose and have the brains, drive and desire and grit to move that track like they are trying to kill the game they are pursuing. They must also be strong tree dogs.
Thanks for your replies.

i had a run for over 10 years when minn and now dead trix were in prime. each dog caught coon on ground solo plenty but the magic happened when hunted together. both open, but honest mouthed track dogs. gritty as females come, not as powerful as a good male but would go through buzz saw for a coon. unless you seen trixers ears and body before died, you wouldnt believe it. was walking scar tissue. flat out ground catches were minimum 50 a year to best year i kept track was 187 caught. where i hunt plenty good coon hunting but not crazy populations like i hear about further east or south of here. dogs have to hunt here more often than not. minn is near father time catching up and a shadow of prime and trix dead but both in prime fired out like rocket looking to catch but both treed amazing and could run bad tracks and layup coon. all around dogs.

had many night with 2, 3, or more catches per night and dogs were marathon hunted year round. these dogs vacations were going big game hunting and half the time if in area with coon them hunts turned into coon hunt whether day or night.

from time garmin came out i would reset almost every drop and never had as high of mph rates i read about on dotcom but always caught more coon than anyone ever talked to. besides garmin speed just listening to these dogs could tell how fast were.

iron sharpens iron and both these dogs were started and hunted with dogs that caught game and they took to different level. lot of credit for how dogs operated whole life belongs to being started with long dead dogs, plott named jake and b&t male named smokey. both my females from time old enough to hit woods till death or now older than dirt minn have always been in hunted up shape year round. only short break with each dog was when had litter.

have had other fast track dogs, my current good dog sky is fast. catches coon on ground and holds bayed if in right situation but unless a little pussy coon rarely finishes deal solo. she's great track and tree dog but not a black devil looking to eat a coon. the kind i like are few and far between in every breed.

trix was best of the best catch dog but funniest thing was mama could give her bath and sit on couch by my oldest boy when he was baby or would ride in front seat of truck very often when traveling to go hunting. you could get food and eat right beside her and would wait for her portion. that bit of training took a little bit of tough love a time or two. LOL.

my old man who has been around hounds whole life always said since she was puppy had 1000yd stare... man do i miss her.

Old Post 03-02-2017 09:10 AM
mnb&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mnb&t Click here to Send mnb&t a Private Message Find more posts by mnb&t Add mnb&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote