UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Houses Lipper.
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BawlsDeep
UKC Forum Member

Question

Put the producing aside a moment and answer this question: Back then hunt time was 3hrs......Who wins a Two dog cast Lipper or Rattler? Bhaa ha ha ha ha lol I recon we all know that answer!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-18-2017 02:41 AM
BawlsDeep is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BawlsDeep Click here to Send BawlsDeep a Private Message Find more posts by BawlsDeep Add BawlsDeep to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Back then ? Depends witch dogs handler the judge rides to the woods with $$$$$$ you know what I mean Vern !!

Old Post 01-18-2017 02:45 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BawlsDeep
UKC Forum Member

lol that's the best possible answer without a pick. You did well dodging that bullet HaHaHa!

Old Post 01-18-2017 02:57 AM
BawlsDeep is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BawlsDeep Click here to Send BawlsDeep a Private Message Find more posts by BawlsDeep Add BawlsDeep to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
V. Cannon
UKC Forum Member

I saw Lipper in a 2 dog 3 hour cast. It wasn't impressive.

Old Post 01-18-2017 06:29 AM
V. Cannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for V. Cannon Click here to Send V. Cannon a Private Message Find more posts by V. Cannon Add V. Cannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Knuckols
UKC Forum Member

Lipper wasnt really hunted much by the age of two . How many 2 year olds today could hang with him i wonder

Home of :
CH NITECH Whitemans Poison
GRCH NITECH Cold Traxx Extra Man
CH GRNITECH Kings Hardwood Ranger
UKC CH PKC CH CHKC CH Cold Traxx Man Child
GRNTCH PKC CH Hunt it off Bella
Cold Traxx Southern Honey
Cold Traxx Mattie
Cold Traxx Super Freak

Gone but never forgotten :
NITECH McFarlands Joe
Knuckols Hooker
NITECH Cypress River Chance
NITECH Cypress River Honey
NITECH Cypress River Princess
NITECH Newcombs Miss Molly
NITECH Wilsons Hardwood Ann
GRCH GRNTCH Paulding Forrest Bubba

Old Post 01-18-2017 09:40 AM
Mike Knuckols is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Knuckols Click here to Send Mike Knuckols a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Knuckols Find more posts by Mike Knuckols Add Mike Knuckols to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

You can Hate, whine and cry but very few hounds can sire hounds that sound like this And then roll into a steady chop.
(This was Paulding Forest Bubba's brother)

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Old Post 01-18-2017 12:14 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Video ?

quote:
Originally posted by CONRAD FRYAR
You can Hate, whine and cry but very few hounds can sire hounds that sound like this And then roll into a steady chop.

If it's a Video, I am Not seeing it ?
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 01-18-2017 12:34 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Bad thing about it that's what they sounded when they was after a deer or hog too just before they caught it lol ! ( I am trying to keep this thread going so y'all can get the last of that seman sold were you can't hold it over our head no more lipper gona get hot , hot , hot lol )

Old Post 01-18-2017 12:34 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

quote:

i thought they all were supposed to sound like that?

Old Post 01-18-2017 12:49 PM
rob thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

The House line of dogs I have a lot of respect for. I hung my hat on them back in the early 70's a couple generations before Lipper was even born. I liked how they tracked and their temperament. I got some chocolate colored ones and I got some blue eyed ones in litters form that stock of hounds.

Lipper was an individual I could never explain in a line of dogs loved. His offspring were different than the House Line of hounds I was use to hunting. Almost like they were two different lines of hounds. I saw a lot of difference in his offspring but also a lot to things I didn't like.

I will say perhaps the best competition female I ever owned was a very heavy inbred Lipper female that treed with that loud bawl mouth but squeaked on track but very tight mouthed. I would take a dozen like her any day of the week as she made barking on the ground and trailing hounds look stupid when she sat down in the middle of them with a coon.

One Lipper hound I would of loved to own and I don't think he got a fair shake as a stud dog was "Cade". I had a pup out of him from Flynn Welch's female and he was pretty nice hound. Then again also was Flynn's female. Looked and sounded like a hound should.

In no way am I saying there weren't some good ones out of Lipper because there were some Great ones out of him.
I just don't see the need of chasing a ghost that I couldn't explain when he was here, alive and well.

I think we improve the females we are breeding to any of them and you will improve the pups you get.

Old Post 01-18-2017 12:55 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

Female off cade ate my dog plum off a tree one night, but she was loud!!!

Last edited by rob thompson on 01-18-2017 at 04:05 PM

Old Post 01-18-2017 12:59 PM
rob thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Tim tap the picture it will go to it.

Old Post 01-18-2017 01:00 PM
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
The House line of dogs I have a lot of respect for. I hung my hat on them back in the early 70's a couple generations before Lipper was even born. I liked how they tracked and their temperament. I got some chocolate colored ones and I got some blue eyed ones in litters form that stock of hounds.

Lipper was an individual I could never explain in a line of dogs loved. His offspring were different than the House Line of hounds I was use to hunting. Almost like they were two different lines of hounds. I saw a lot of difference in his offspring but also a lot to things I didn't like.

I will say perhaps the best competition female I ever owned was a very heavy inbred Lipper female that treed with that loud bawl mouth but squeaked on track but very tight mouthed. I would take a dozen like her any day of the week as she made barking on the ground and trailing hounds look stupid when she sat down in the middle of them with a coon.

One Lipper hound I would of loved to own and I don't think he got a fair shake as a stud dog was "Cade". I had a pup out of him from Flynn Welch's female and he was pretty nice hound. Then again also was Flynn's female. Looked and sounded like a hound should.

In no way am I saying there weren't some good ones out of Lipper because there were some Great ones out of him.
I just don't see the need of chasing a ghost that I couldn't explain when he was here, alive and well.

I think we improve the females we are breeding to any of them and you will improve the pups you get.

When I was young and impressionable, I drew Cade and a Rat Attack pup on the same cast. Cade ran a haint all night and the Rat pup treed every bush we passed. Looking back I think I formed a lot of opinions I hold today on that one cast. The night before Cade had demolished a cast one of my buddies had been on, and he still talks about how good he looked. He sure had a good mouth...

Old Post 01-18-2017 01:29 PM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

When I was a kid I hunted a lot with a guy who was big buddies with Joe House.

He had a bunch of House bred dogs, including a few Lipper dogs.

If my memory serves me correctly, Joe wasn't a big fan of Lipper.

I sure liked the Clint dogs.

They were sensible dogs with big mouths and wanted to tree real live coons.

The Lipper dogs had that distinctive screaming mouth, and a whole different gear.

The ones that would tree,and that could be broke were dandies.

My impression was that Lipper threw a few freakishly good ones,and a ton of culls.

But the good ones were a nightmare to break and had to be hunted to death in order to get it out of them.

Old Post 01-18-2017 02:07 PM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

One thing is for sure...the sucker has been dead a long time, and we are still talking about him.

Old Post 01-18-2017 02:21 PM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Bruce i also owned Cade but only for a very short time!!

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 01-18-2017 02:32 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by John Carroll
One thing is for sure...the sucker has been dead a long time, and we are still talking about him.

I had a case of the chicken pocks a long time ago too but I still remember how bad they itched.

Old Post 01-18-2017 02:38 PM
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I had a case of the chicken pocks a long time ago too but I still remember how bad they itched.

That's funny.

Seriously, I'd hate to have to train one like some of those broncs I hunted with back then.

Old Post 01-18-2017 02:42 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Tim if I had ever owned him, it might of only been for a short time also. lol But he is one I would have liked to of tried.

Out of all the good males out there he is the only one, of two or three, that I would have liked to of owned. Maybe my respect for the old line House dogs and I was looking for some of that.

Old Post 01-18-2017 02:52 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

Bruce I am with you on that, He is one of the few, I don't care how he hunted, he gave me what i needed in pups, I believe he was one of the best reproducing sons of Lipper period.

Old Post 01-18-2017 03:04 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

A 1/4 to 3/8 Lipper blood will do you good, mouth ,looks, hunt.

Old Post 01-18-2017 03:24 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
A 1/4 to 3/8 Lipper blood will do you good, mouth ,looks, hunt.

That's exactly how cade hunted and produced, like a watered down version of the Lipper traits that is talked about on this and every other Lipper thread.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 01-18-2017 03:33 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
C Zink
UKC Forum Member

Never hunted with him but always heard rank was pretty nice .

Home of
Gr Nite Ch Pkc Ch Tar Scream'n Sky
Nt Ch Pkc Silver Ch Trips Hardcore Sissy
Tar Scream’n Hoss
Trips Cash

Old Post 01-18-2017 03:46 PM
C Zink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for C Zink Click here to Send C Zink a Private Message Click Here to Email C Zink Find more posts by C Zink Add C Zink to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Video

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Tim tap the picture it will go to it.

I had tried that.....didn't work.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 01-18-2017 03:49 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

BTT

Keep Lipper alive.
I enjoy reading all these Lipper post.

Old Post 01-18-2017 06:46 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote