UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > ????????? on tape worms
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bob Bray
UKC Forum Member

????????? on tape worms

what is the best thing to get rid of tape worm please i have a 20$ bet on this lol ty

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-09-2009 04:55 PM
Bob Bray is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Bray Click here to Send Bob Bray a Private Message Click Here to Email Bob Bray Find more posts by Bob Bray Add Bob Bray to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM

Drontal Plus

Old Post 01-09-2009 04:58 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Danny Glista
UKC Forum Member

Droncit

Only get tapes. Drontal plus get them all!!

Old Post 01-09-2009 05:02 PM
Danny Glista is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Danny Glista Click here to Send Danny Glista a Private Message Click Here to Email Danny Glista Find more posts by Danny Glista Add Danny Glista to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan Dogs
UKC Forum Member

droncit

- Gr. CH Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan II
- CH. Gr. Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan III 2008 Performance Sire
- CH. Gr.Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan IV 2004 ukc world hunt finalist
- Ch. Gr.Nite Ch. Mounds Creek Sassy II
- Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Bucky HTX 3 wins towards grnite
- GrCh.GrNtCh Hickory Nut Bawlie HTX
-Nite ch. PR Iowa County CryBaby II 2013 Badger State Hunt Champion
qualified for 2013 UKC World Hunt
CH Nitech She Hate Me (scar) HTX Iowa County Kennels

Old Post 01-09-2009 05:04 PM
Dan Dogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan Dogs Click here to Send Dan Dogs a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan Dogs Find more posts by Dan Dogs Add Dan Dogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skyward
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Drontal Plus

Amen. If anyone knows a good source, I'd sure appreciate a point in the right direction. Mine retired.

Old Post 01-09-2009 05:08 PM
Skyward is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skyward Click here to Send Skyward a Private Message Click Here to Email Skyward Find more posts by Skyward Add Skyward to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cynthia
UKC Forum Member

drontal from the vet or there may be online pet stores you can get it.

also the ivermectin gold for horses get tapes. can get it at tractor supply or pet supply store.

2015 AO Overall Dual Champion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It (breeder/owner/handler)
2016 Grand American Overall Dual Ch, Overall Show CHampion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It

AKC CSG, UKC CCH GRCH 'PR' Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)
2010 National Grand Champion Bluetick
2013 AO Bluetick Stud Dog winner

CCH GCH 'PR' Southern Flame Elvira - the one that started it all

southernflamekennel@earthlink.net

RIP Southern Flame Elvira (the cornerstone of the kennel) 5/16/02-1/17/14

RIP Southern Flame Scarlet (the lone Redbone) 5/11/01-7/19/13

RIP Southern Flame Wild Irish Rose (Rosie) 6/15/09 - 3/12/15

RIP Southern Flame Too Hot to Trot (Bonnie) 3/27/07 - 4/20/15

RIP Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)

RIP Southern Flame Triple Trouble (TT) 12/17/04 - 11/19/16

RIP Southern Flame Blame it on the Rain (Rain)

RIP AdeleMay's a Smokey Bandit (Adele)

RIP Southern Flame I Like Ike (Ike)

RIP Bella the Beagle

Bear, Jerry Lee, Camo, Maybellene, Lacy, Thor, Sissy, Merle, Tina, Bridgette - the Blueticks, Hollie - the Aussie

Old Post 01-09-2009 05:50 PM
Cynthia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cynthia Click here to Send Cynthia a Private Message Click Here to Email Cynthia Visit Cynthia's homepage! Find more posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
burdette
UKC Forum Member

ZIMECTIN GOLD FROM TRACTOR SUPPLY WILL KILL ALL 3 TYPES OF TAPEWORMS.

Old Post 01-09-2009 05:52 PM
burdette is offline Click Here to See the Profile for burdette Click here to Send burdette a Private Message Click Here to Email burdette Find more posts by burdette Add burdette to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Stocking
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by burdette
ZIMECTIN GOLD FROM TRACTOR SUPPLY WILL KILL ALL 3 TYPES OF TAPEWORMS.

Do you guarantee this?

NTCH PKCSilverCH Coble & Stocking's Swamp Rat Poison

NTCH Coble & Stocking's Stinger (GRNTCH Troubles x GRNTCH Fancy)

NTCH ACHA WReserve Team Troubles Trippy
Black & Tan

Old Post 01-09-2009 05:56 PM
Lee Stocking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Stocking Click here to Send Lee Stocking a Private Message Click Here to Email Lee Stocking Find more posts by Lee Stocking Add Lee Stocking to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
burdette
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Stocking
Do you guarantee this?

LOOKED IT UP ON THE COMPUTER AND IT HAS IN IT WHAT IT TAKES TO KILL ALL 3 TAPEWORMS. I GIVE A LITTLE BIT BEFORE A FEED ONCE A WEEK FOR 3 WEEKS AND ITS ALWAYS WORKED FOR ME LEE. LOOK UP TAPEWORMS ON HERE AND LOOK AT WHAT ZIMECTIN GOLD CONTAINS AND YOU WILL SEE.

Old Post 01-09-2009 06:02 PM
burdette is offline Click Here to See the Profile for burdette Click here to Send burdette a Private Message Click Here to Email burdette Find more posts by burdette Add burdette to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Ice
UKC Forum Member

I know a lot

won't agree with me but I have always used Valbazen 3 cc's three days in a row and they are gone. As of today it hasn't killed a dog one I own. JMO

Home of 'GRNTCH 'GRCH PR' Aaron's Hidden Meadows Blue Max (Bluetick)
Gone But Not Forgotten 6/25/15

NiteCh Dalton's Fathead Coonsmoker Ace (English) Gone but not Forgotten

CH'NiteCh'PR' LoneTree Subzero (Walker) Gone but Not Forgotton 5/25/14

Old Post 01-09-2009 07:44 PM
Blue Ice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Ice Click here to Send Blue Ice a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Ice Find more posts by Blue Ice Add Blue Ice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
truebluefordman
UKC Forum Member

safe gaurd horse wormer it will get all worms in dogs

boy's i tell ya how it is. i'am not here to bs you. i'am here to hunt dogs and get you the most for your money.my door is open for anyone to come hunt, spend the night or the weekend i hunt hard and it shows in my dogs 317-494-1098 danny suttles

Old Post 01-09-2009 08:26 PM
truebluefordman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for truebluefordman Click here to Send truebluefordman a Private Message Click Here to Email truebluefordman Find more posts by truebluefordman Add truebluefordman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Donaldson
UKC Forum Member

Praziquantel gets tapes ... all tapes. It is the active ingredient in Drontal and Zemectrin that gets the tapes. Safegard (fenbendazole) will get some tapes, but not the most common in dogs (flea tape)
A note about Zemectrin Gold: I think Equimax paste horse wormer is a better tape wormer because it has twice the % of Praziquantel as Zemectirin. In order to get the proper dosage of Zimectrin you must give much more than the recommended amount of ivermectin. I started putting the pencil to this the other night and it was hurting my head so I stopped. I'm going to try to figure the proper dosage this weekend.

Mike Donaldson
donaldsonmb@bellsouth.net

Last edited by Mike Donaldson on 01-09-2009 at 09:41 PM

Old Post 01-09-2009 09:28 PM
Mike Donaldson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Donaldson Click here to Send Mike Donaldson a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Donaldson Find more posts by Mike Donaldson Add Mike Donaldson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grwaskom
UKC Forum Member

THE IVERMEC ALSO GETS HEART WORMS THAT SAFE GUARD DOES NOT. WE USE EQUIMAX IT GETS EVERYTHING.

Old Post 01-09-2009 11:25 PM
grwaskom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grwaskom Click here to Send grwaskom a Private Message Click Here to Email grwaskom Find more posts by grwaskom Add grwaskom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Stocking
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Stocking
Do you guarantee this?

Thanks Jake. I have always used Ivermec monthly for heart, blood suckers, and helps with ticks. Tape worms can be a real pain at times, best thing to do is keep the fleas off the property.
I gave a gyp Drontal once (heavy dose) and she craped out the mother worm. Let me tell you it was the ugliest worm I ever laid eyes on, reminded me of my ex wife. Big ole beety looking eyes with TEETH.

How long has Equimax been out? Maybe I have overlooked it.

NTCH PKCSilverCH Coble & Stocking's Swamp Rat Poison

NTCH Coble & Stocking's Stinger (GRNTCH Troubles x GRNTCH Fancy)

NTCH ACHA WReserve Team Troubles Trippy
Black & Tan

Old Post 01-10-2009 03:53 AM
Lee Stocking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Stocking Click here to Send Lee Stocking a Private Message Click Here to Email Lee Stocking Find more posts by Lee Stocking Add Lee Stocking to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BRYAN J
UKC Forum Member

Not for certain but I dont think ivermec gets the heart worm eggs. Maybe vise versa. Maybe gets the eggs and not the adults.

Drontal plus. I have used capstar to get rid of fleas right NOW! That means no tapes. Capstar is a flea killer not a preventitive.

SAVE THE COON, HUNT WITH A HOUND!

Old Post 01-10-2009 04:09 AM
BRYAN J is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BRYAN J Click here to Send BRYAN J a Private Message Click Here to Email BRYAN J Find more posts by BRYAN J Add BRYAN J to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lightning1
UKC Forum Member

Adams no mo tape worm. Some time ago I had a flee problem and they had tape worms. Worked every time. Bought a pup once that had clear worms about a 1 1/2 in. long and alot of blood. Ivermec didn't affect them, horse wormer didn't help but Adams took care of them.

Old Post 01-10-2009 04:17 AM
lightning1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lightning1 Click here to Send lightning1 a Private Message Click Here to Email lightning1 Find more posts by lightning1 Add lightning1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MJRKENNELS
UKC Forum Member

adams no mo local pharmacy carries it

Old Post 01-10-2009 05:10 AM
MJRKENNELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MJRKENNELS Click here to Send MJRKENNELS a Private Message Find more posts by MJRKENNELS Add MJRKENNELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
burdette
UKC Forum Member

zimectin gold has ivermic to so it helps prevent heartworms and kills just about every stomach worm except hookworms i believe but not sure.

Old Post 01-10-2009 06:11 AM
Buckshot
UKC Forum Member

I saw this on a Lab forum for the dosage of Zimectrin Gold.

Is this correct? How doy you guys measure the dosage?

quote:
Zimectrin Gold is what I use for tapeworms; and, it works better (not to mention being one heck of a lot less expensive) than SafeGuard. I recently sent the following to the foster co-ordinators of the rescue group I foster for:

Substitution for Droncit (active ingredient is
Praziquantel): Zimectrin Gold (for horses) (active
ingredients are Praziquantel and Ivermectin; so, not
safe for Collies / Border Collies / Shelties / etc.)
Dosing:
Up to 15 #'s: 34mg (equiv. to one tablet) = 75# mark
15 to 30 #'s: 68mg (equiv. to two tablets) = 150# mark
30 to 45 #s: 102mg (equiv. to three tablets) = 225#
mark
46 to 60 #'s: 136mg. (equiv. to four tablets) = 300#
mark
60#'s up: 170mg (equiv. to five tablets) = 375# mark
Actually, the plunger is only (numerically) marked in
250# increments; but, there are other marks in
between. sure, it's a little more of a hassle; but,
considering the price difference..... I dewormed my 3
(all over 60 #'s); plus, Red and Blue for $15+ tax,
TOTAL COST, for all 5 dogs. I'd say that's worth the
extra hassle.

Old Post 01-10-2009 06:40 AM
Buckshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buckshot Click here to Send Buckshot a Private Message Click Here to Email Buckshot Find more posts by Buckshot Add Buckshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Knox
UKC Forum Member

Horse Wormer

My vet told me that the horse wormer has alot of fillers in it, so when you give it to your dog you dont know how much actual meds they are getting and how much fillers........
He said horses get the whole tube, but he did tell me that the Ivomec I give my dogs every month will work as good as anything he could sell me as a Heartworm preventative.

I have used the Valbaazen and it worked fine, but going to start worming with the Safeguard cattle, I seen this on Joe Newlin's Website ( The Coon Den.com )and it seemed very good..................................good luck....Tim

=====================

Old Post 01-10-2009 12:41 PM
Knox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Knox Click here to Send Knox a Private Message Click Here to Email Knox Find more posts by Knox Add Knox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM

Canex Multi. It is Canadian version of Drontal Plus. Wipes out every worm except heartworm. You can buy it cheap on the internet. It is made for dogs, not horses.

Old Post 01-10-2009 03:28 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Stewart
UKC Forum Member

This was posted on here awhile back. Very helpful information.
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...threadid=155890

Mike

Old Post 01-10-2009 04:17 PM
Mike Stewart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Stewart Click here to Send Mike Stewart a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Stewart Find more posts by Mike Stewart Add Mike Stewart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rrs
UKC Forum Member

go to ebay, mirmidonas is the seller, a vet. from greece, sells broadbase wormers that will eradicate all parasites, not heartworms, has couple of products that will do this, lists the ingredients and dosages, for dogs and single dose, not multiple days, believe also has heartworm prevent, etc... worth taking a look, prices are very competitive and quality product...

Old Post 01-10-2009 04:41 PM
rrs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rrs Click here to Send rrs a Private Message Click Here to Email rrs Find more posts by rrs Add rrs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James200
UKC Forum Member

safe-guard

Dogs can become infected with several different kinds of tapeworms. Safe-Guard® only kills Taenia species of tapeworms. If you continue to see tapeworm segments in your dog's stool after treatment with Safe-Guard®, consult your veterinarian.

This link has info and a doseage chart>>> http://www.safe-guard-for-dogs.com/safeguard-dosage.asp

Old Post 01-10-2009 05:25 PM
James200 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James200 Click here to Send James200 a Private Message Click Here to Email James200 Find more posts by James200 Add James200 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
truebluefordman
UKC Forum Member

i used ivermect liq for my dogs for years and never had any trouble and then one day i got a new dog in 5 yr's old big heathly thing gave him a shot of it nex day he was grave yard dead. i fig heart worms but who knows.

boy's i tell ya how it is. i'am not here to bs you. i'am here to hunt dogs and get you the most for your money.my door is open for anyone to come hunt, spend the night or the weekend i hunt hard and it shows in my dogs 317-494-1098 danny suttles

Old Post 01-10-2009 07:12 PM
truebluefordman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for truebluefordman Click here to Send truebluefordman a Private Message Click Here to Email truebluefordman Find more posts by truebluefordman Add truebluefordman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote