UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Finley River Sting Question?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Houndmaneli
UKC Forum Member

Finley River Sting Question?

Have any of the sting pups been in any hunts? Any doing real well? Been seeing a few for sale here and there but most I've seen have not been hunted very much. I know of to that apparently are doing great but have not been in any hunt yet. I was just kind a wondering about them.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-31-2017 04:29 PM
Houndmaneli is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Houndmaneli Click here to Send Houndmaneli a Private Message Click Here to Email Houndmaneli Find more posts by Houndmaneli Add Houndmaneli to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbond
UKC Forum Member

been wondering that myself

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 01-31-2017 05:02 PM
wbond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wbond Click here to Send wbond a Private Message Click Here to Email wbond Find more posts by wbond Add wbond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Houndmaneli
UKC Forum Member

Sting pups

The two I know of are both out of a lone pine female I think lone pine Jill and I know $4500 won't buy either one. But neither have been in a hunt yet. Honestly just interested in what they are doing.

Old Post 01-31-2017 05:40 PM
Houndmaneli is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Houndmaneli Click here to Send Houndmaneli a Private Message Click Here to Email Houndmaneli Find more posts by Houndmaneli Add Houndmaneli to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toddlamb
UKC Forum Member

Sting

I have a little female out of Sting and Booths Lone Pine Jill that is doing really good, been hunting alone for about a month and have treed coons and if a dog slick trees she will not be there. I live in the mountains and coons are scarce she will be two July of this year and if continues to progress might hit a few hunts this fall. I also own half of littermate male that wasn't hunted till this past weekend and he ran and treed with his old dog first night out he had never seen a coon till then.

Old Post 01-31-2017 11:45 PM
toddlamb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toddlamb Click here to Send toddlamb a Private Message Click Here to Email toddlamb Find more posts by toddlamb Add toddlamb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stxcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

I have an almost 8 month old male out of sting and Jacksons Ruby. One of the best looking and strongest pup ive had. Huge mouth! Cant wait to start him this summer/fall.

Old Post 02-01-2017 05:31 PM
stxcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stxcoonhunter Click here to Send stxcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email stxcoonhunter Find more posts by stxcoonhunter Add stxcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stxcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

I have an almost 8 month old male out of sting and Jacksons Ruby. One of the best looking and strongest pup ive had. Huge mouth! Cant wait to start him this summer/fall.

Old Post 02-01-2017 05:31 PM
stxcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stxcoonhunter Click here to Send stxcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email stxcoonhunter Find more posts by stxcoonhunter Add stxcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeff jackson
UKC Forum Member

Who did u get ur ruby x sting pups
From

Old Post 02-05-2017 09:00 PM
jeff jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeff jackson Click here to Send jeff jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email jeff jackson Find more posts by jeff jackson Add jeff jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stxcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

I bought mine from Mr. Brookshire.
Can you tell us about Ruby? Heard she was nice!

Old Post 02-06-2017 01:17 PM
dbooth
UKC Forum Member

FR Sting pups

Besides the male & female out of Finley River Sting X Lone Pine Jill, I know of 2 others by Finley River Sting X Lone Pine Frosty. A West Virginia male by Frosty won his UKC first place, early in 2016.

Another male out of Frosty's cross, living in Arkansas, is doing great, but hasn't been entered in a hunt yet, as far as I know. There is another male doing great in Oklahoma.

My 2 females are excellent reproducers!

Old Post 03-19-2017 06:14 PM
dbooth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbooth Click here to Send dbooth a Private Message Click Here to Email dbooth Find more posts by dbooth Add dbooth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote