UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > My new English Walker pup
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Virginiamoonshi
New UKC Forum Member

My new English Walker pup

Just got a English Walker pup he is now 4 months old
His name is Virginia' rebels midnight moonshine madness
Very very smart pup..been taking him out and up into the mountains every day for 2 - 21/2 hours just letting him get familiar with things...
His bark is insane, extremely loud lol, have to cover my ears.
His momma had 9 boys and 1 girl. ( I thought that was a odd number)
Both parents are registered English Walker hounds and his momma is super staked...
Wondering If there are any coon hunters near Lee county VA
With good dogs who might want to hunt..
Rebel is going to be bigger than his daddy and his daddy is pretty darn tall.
Can't wait to get to some serious training with him
Right now here where I'm at it's been non-stop rain for over a week..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-10-2020 04:09 PM
Virginiamoonshi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Virginiamoonshi Click here to Send Virginiamoonshi a Private Message Click Here to Email Virginiamoonshi Find more posts by Virginiamoonshi Add Virginiamoonshi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shoresg
UKC Forum Member

So are the parents to this pup cross bred, confused on your use of the term English Walker. They are either an English breed or Walker Breed.

931-308-1908
GrNtCh Hickory Holler Crazy Kate "GrNtCh Cabin Crk Rowdy X GrNtCh Moss's Hardtime Sugar Kane"RIP"
'PR' ForestGhost Hardtime Kim "GrNtCh Cabin Creek Rowdy X GrNtCh Hardtime Bell "RIP"

Old Post 02-10-2020 08:18 PM
Shoresg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shoresg Click here to Send Shoresg a Private Message Click Here to Email Shoresg Find more posts by Shoresg Add Shoresg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Virginiamoonshi
New UKC Forum Member

Walker.....not crossbred..cause my cousin has all the papers
This little pup has a attitude..lol ...grabs my arm, snarls and growls and just shakes the tar outta me....Everytime I look at him and say.." ready to go hunt"?....he goes crazy...gonna be a fine dog..just gotta get to work and can't work in all this rain
We have been out with my cousins dog's for a few nights now and it's like there's no coons in the country...crazy, 2-3 hours a night in darn good coon territory but nothing...sometimes one will tree and a few minutes later go back into a trailing bark
I think it's Fisher cats myself...can't understand it

Old Post 02-10-2020 08:27 PM
Virginiamoonshi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Virginiamoonshi Click here to Send Virginiamoonshi a Private Message Click Here to Email Virginiamoonshi Find more posts by Virginiamoonshi Add Virginiamoonshi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shoresg
UKC Forum Member

Pups are a lotta fun, they will definitely try your patience, I was wondering if they were cross bred. Some have had good luck crossing Walker and English.. Good luck with your pup. There's good in all breeds, I mainly hunt English but I aint color blind. A good hound is a good hound no matter what color it is..

931-308-1908
GrNtCh Hickory Holler Crazy Kate "GrNtCh Cabin Crk Rowdy X GrNtCh Moss's Hardtime Sugar Kane"RIP"
'PR' ForestGhost Hardtime Kim "GrNtCh Cabin Creek Rowdy X GrNtCh Hardtime Bell "RIP"

Old Post 02-10-2020 09:01 PM
Shoresg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shoresg Click here to Send Shoresg a Private Message Click Here to Email Shoresg Find more posts by Shoresg Add Shoresg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Virginiamoonshi
New UKC Forum Member

Thanks...if I had had your number id love to text you a pic of him
My cousins pups are selling for 500.00
A piece ..I paid 300.00 only because I'm family
I'd love to talk with you and pick your brain about
Training this pup...as I want to do everything right
And train him to become a tree slammer
Been out of coon hunting since my dad passed away
Trying to get back into it and train this pup
To be awsome to honor him and all the great hounds he has trained in his life time....
My number is 276-219-9360
Call when you get a chance ..would love to chat with you about
This coon hunting which I have already developed a real fever for ...

Last edited by Virginiamoonshi on 02-10-2020 at 09:27 PM

Old Post 02-10-2020 09:24 PM