UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Misty River Kennels
Pages (77): « First ... « 65 66 [67] 68 69 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11 at the Ms. State Youth Championship

pic host

Jeremy came by yesterday and we loaded up Sheba and headed to the 2019 Ms. State Youth Championship in Meadville, Ms. Where we were to Meet Mr. Ray Necaise and His son Braiden and his Step son Payton Smith. Payton was the one that would be Hunting Sheba in the hunt. We spent an enjoyable evening watching all the kids win all kind of great prizes in different events. As 6clock rolled around all the kids were dressed to hunt along with their dads and friends and ready to go. After the draw out we learned that we had a three dog cast, and Payton had drew out against a young lady hunting a Walker dog and Tanner Gerald, Mike Gerald,s son hunting a Bluetick female. I would like to thank Mr. Wesley Ratliff for being our guide and Mr. Jeremy Purvis for Judging. Mr. Wesley put these kids in the coons. I was amazed at how well these kids called these dogs. We were in the 12 year old and under group. When we got down to about 16 minutes left in the hunt. The dogs made a tree and as they were getting them off the tree it was discovered that Sheba had cut her left back leg open just above the foot probably on a broken bottle or can somewhere in the swamp. All the dogs were close in points. I think between 400 and 500 points. Sheba was bleeding pretty bad. I talked it over with Payton and he told me he sure didn't want to see Sheba hurt, so we decided to withdraw her. I think when th hunt was over the little lady with the walker dog won the cast and overall high scoring dog with 450+ points.

In another cast Braiden, Ray's other son was hunting his dog Shadows Blue Smoke and he was also doing quite well. He won his cast and third place overall and I think this win finished Smoke to Nite Champion. I would like to thank everyone envolved with the Ms. State Youth. They are doing a great Job.

Last edited by Misty river on 12-08-2019 at 09:23 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-08-2019 08:13 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Old Sheba and Shadows Jake

Working Old Sheba and Jake in the pen. Jake is a young dog out of Shadow. He is coming along fine and should make a fine hound.

Last edited by Misty river on 12-13-2019 at 10:28 PM

Old Post 12-13-2019 10:19 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Jeremy came by last night and we hunted Sheba for a while. We made 3 trees, The first one a hugh Turkey pine. We finally found the coon sitting right in the top. We left it to run again. The second tree was a den tree. We cast on up the swamp from there. The next tree was a Cyprus leaning over into a bigger Cyprus. It was so foggy and misty out there in the slough that we could not hardly see the top of the trees, so if he was there we couldn't see him. We walked back out of the slough and cast on up the swamp. The struck a real cold track and moved it out in the middle of another slough and moved it on up the slough. and were having a rough time with the track. We let them work in there for about 30 minutes and then we went around on another road to get closer. We finally decided to call them in and I'm glad we did as Sheba came in carrying that right back leg that She had cut open at the State youth hunt last Sat. Night and it was bleeding again. We brought her home and cleaned her up and doctored her leg and called it a night. I will carry her to the Dr. Monday.

Last edited by Misty river on 12-14-2019 at 03:30 PM

Old Post 12-14-2019 03:03 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Ruby

Ruby in some of her workouts today. Walking, Leading and Loading. She turned six months old yesterday. I won't start working her with coons for another month or so. I took Sheba to the Dr. Saturday. Her foot was beginning to swell. She had infection in it. He flushed her foot out and loaded her up on antibiotics and I brought some home with me to give her. Most of the swelling had gone down today. I'm hoping she will be able to go back to the woods after the Christmas holidays.

Last edited by Misty river on 12-16-2019 at 05:55 PM

Old Post 12-16-2019 05:37 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba out for a run tonight. She hadn't been out but once since the State youth hunt where she cut her leg pretty bad and I've been doctoring it and its still not completely well. We are going to try to hunt her in the UKC Winter Classic if she will heal up and I can hunt her some. She looked pretty good tonight. Turned her down a branch that runs through the swamp and she went in about 250 yards and struck a working track and moved it on in another 150 yards and treed. Got closer to her on the 4-wheeler and walked on In to her She was treed up a pretty good sized water oak and I found him pretty quick. We left him to run again, and moved on down the swamp and cast her again. She moved on in a couple hundred yards and struck again and moved on up an old slough and treed again. I walked into her and she had two coons up a hardwood tree. We got one and left the other to run again. It had been trying to rain, so we decided to call it a night, and I didn't want her to put too much work on that leg.

Last edited by Misty river on 12-28-2019 at 03:42 AM

Old Post 12-28-2019 03:25 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba out again tonight. Cast her off an old woods road. She struck quick and treed quick, I walked in to her and she was treed up a medium sized oak. I looked it over. There was a couple of places he could have been, but I really think she just missed this one. I cast her from the tree. and she went on down the swamp a couple hundred yards and struck again, moved it on in another 150 yards and locked up treed again. I walked in to her and she was treed up another oak with the top broken out and the coon was sitting right in the top. We left this one to run again. I went on down close to the river and cast her again. She went in 150 yards and struck a working track. Crossed a slough and went up it 150 yards and treed. I walked in to her and she was treed up a hugh oak. I walked around the tree a couple of times shinning. I walked in and shook a vine and walked back out and looked and there he was sitting right in the top. We left him to run again. And headed back to the 4-wheeler. About the time we got back to the 4-wheeler I discovered that somewhere during the night I had lost my phone. I Wasn't positive that I had brought it with me, But was pretty sure I did. But I decided I has better come back to the house and make sure before I spent a lot of time hunting it. I came back to the house and checked and yes I had lost it. I went back by my neighbors house and he got his phone and went with me. While I was going back to the swamp I got to thinking that on the way to the last tree. While I was walking up the side of the slough an Owl flew up on a limb close to me and I wanted to take a picture of the owl and I thought I could remember taking my phone out while I was trying to get my camera out, but I wasn't sure. Unlike most of the guys that hunt with me that have a camera and phone all in one. My phone and camera are two different items. So we decided to go to the last tree first and check where I had taken the picture of the owl. We got to the slough and crossed it and walked up the side of the slough to where I had taken the picture of the owl. We tried ringing it with the other phone, but didn't hear anything. We walked on in to the last tree. I figured it would be where I was shaking the vine. We tried ringing it and we just could hear it ringing. We walked toward the ring and found it about 25 yards from the tree, where I had walked out from the tree shinning.

Last edited by Misty river on 12-31-2019 at 06:07 AM

Old Post 12-31-2019 05:10 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

Good luck Roger and Smoke, Jeremy and Pearl and all the other Bluetick hunters at the Winter Classic.

Last edited by Misty river on 01-29-2020 at 03:57 PM

Old Post 01-29-2020 03:42 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Jack, will you be at the winter classic?

Old Post 01-29-2020 04:18 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Shadinc

Donald, I probably wont be there this year.

Old Post 01-31-2020 09:09 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Squirrel Hunt

Had a good Squirrel Hunt this morning with 2 of my brothers Terrel and Tom, with Bubba McGuffee and his son The dogs worked well, but the Squirrels were not stirring well. We had a good time.

Last edited by Misty river on 02-01-2020 at 07:47 PM

Old Post 02-01-2020 07:42 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Finally was able to get Sheba back into the woods again. It had been about a month since she had been out. Due to all the water we have had lately and her coming in season, but she went right on back to work just llike she had never missed a night. She treed two pretty quick and I looked at one of them up in the top of a hugh Turkey Pine, and then she got after one down on the river where we have still got a lot of water. This coon took her into one of the roughest places I've got. I try to avoid that place even in the dry season. I don't even think the coons like that place, but every once in a while they will get after one that will head in there. There's not many places that I don't got to my dogs, but I've learned that if they tree one in there just tone them out. Sheba finally lost out in there tonight and I called her out, but we will get after him again one night. We called it a night. Sheba looked like a muddy hog when she came out.

Last edited by Misty river on 02-04-2020 at 06:44 AM

Old Post 02-04-2020 06:17 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Squirrel hunt with Windy

redwood forest desktop wallpaper

We had a good hunt this morning with Lance Speights and Wade Smith, with little Windy doing her thing. We got 11 Squirrels, with several getting away and getting in holes. We had a good time.

Last edited by Misty river on 02-10-2020 at 06:46 PM

Old Post 02-10-2020 06:42 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Pearl River Flood of 2, 20, 2020

post picture

This is a picture of my favorite hunting grounds right now.

Last edited by Misty river on 02-21-2020 at 02:56 AM

Old Post 02-21-2020 02:53 AM
Bweddle
UKC Forum Member

Hunt'n grounds

The Yalabusha has painted us a very similar picture up here in Big Creek lately!

Old Post 02-21-2020 02:48 PM
Bweddle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bweddle Click here to Send Bweddle a Private Message Click Here to Email Bweddle Find more posts by Bweddle Add Bweddle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Pearl River Flood 2, 21, 2020

upload pictures

My favorite hunting spot about 6 foot deeper under water than it was in the last picture. I think it is suppose to crest tonight or in the morning in Monticello at 52 feet and in Columbia sometime tomorrow night at 45.5 feet so that should put it cresting here late tomorrow somewhere in between that, but they have been saying it was going to crest earlier, but it keeps rising. and they say the rain is suppose to come back in sunday. So we'll just have to wait and see. Praying for the ones that are having to deal with the flood.

Last edited by Misty river on 02-22-2020 at 02:18 AM

Old Post 02-22-2020 02:03 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Keep blue safe.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 02-23-2020 03:16 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Safe

We will do it Dennis, Thanks.

Old Post 02-23-2020 11:53 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Tom, Wade and Otis

We finally found enough ground that wasn't covered with water to tree a few squirrels. Otis did a good job this evening working alone. a few got away and they had to quit hunting about 4:30 as Tom had to leave, but they still got 9 and had a good time.

Last edited by Misty river on 02-28-2020 at 07:07 AM

Old Post 02-28-2020 07:02 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Squirrel hunt with Wade, Kenny and Windy

Wades unckle Kenny DeCorte came up from La. and hunted with Wade today. We don't have a lot off choice places to hunt right now to hunt due to all of the water. the place they hunted had a lot of big pines and no vines. They seen several squirrels but they were headed to the top of the big pines and holes. Windy worked hard and made some trees, but the squirrels were elusive. They did get 3, but they had a good time on the last day of the season.

Last edited by Misty river on 02-29-2020 at 02:35 AM

Old Post 02-29-2020 02:25 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Jack

Great Pictures Mr. Jack. I hope all is well. It looks as though you are getting the we weather we had last year.

Take Care,
Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 02-29-2020 01:51 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

sophia bush wiki

I talked to Mr. Roger Welch on the phone a little while ago. Mr. Welch is the guy that Bought Grand Nite Ch. "PR" Misty river Ramblin Blue Smoke from me a few months ago. Smoke is a good hound and is capable of winning any hunt. Mr. Welch traveled with Smoke up to the Dixie National Championship in Forest, Ms. This weekend. Smoke was high scoring dog for both nights and winner of the Dixie National Championship. Smoke also won his cast at the Winter Classic in Batesville, Ms. They put him in 4 PKC hunts lately and he won 3 of these. For those that don't remember Smokes pedigree I will put it on here a little later.

Owner Roger Welch-601-340-1566

Last edited by Misty river on 03-01-2020 at 11:57 PM

Old Post 03-01-2020 08:45 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke's Pedigree

---------------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Mailes Blue Sue's Pete

----------Ch.Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Mailes Blue Petes Bob

---------------Gr.Nite Ch."PR" Smokey River Jeans Bl. Ruby

-----Gr.Nite Ch.Ch."PR"Mailes Blue Sue's Rattler

---------------Nite Ch."PR"Smokey River JBS Chief

----------"PR"Mailes Blue Rudy's Sue

---------------Nite Ch."PR"Mailes Mo. Blue Rudy

Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Misty River Ramblin Blue Smoke

---------------Nite Ch."PR"Rhodes Tom-Dulley

----------Gr.Nite Ch"PR"Racket Ridge Slim HTX2

---------------"PR"Welche's Blue Angel

-----Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Racket Ridge Weezie

---------------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Smokey River Cheif's Joe

----------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Smokey River Blue Cricket

---------------"PR"Smokey River Blue Muggins

Old Post 03-01-2020 11:50 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

Congrats to Smoke and his new owner. Glad to see him consistently in the winners circle. Nice pictures of a good time with those squirrel dogs Mr Jack. I never owned one but always wanted to. If you hear of a good one for sale that won’t break the bank, let me know. Love to have one to hunt around here with Mason and Cayden. Shout at me sometimes and we will get together for a hunt and catch up on the news. Take Care.

Old Post 03-02-2020 12:05 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Congrats!!!

To Mr. Welch and the Smoke dog. I know he always looked good in Illinois. When you brought him up here.

Old Post 03-02-2020 04:07 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

Thank you Steve and Mr. Ed for the congratulations on Smokes winning. I talked to Roger this morning and he told me to tell yall thanks. They hunted Smoke in another PKC hunt in Laurel, Ms. last night and got another Win.

Old Post 03-03-2020 04:36 PM