UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > coons range in summer?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
WWRIDGERUNNER
UKC Forum Member

coons range in summer?

morning,My pup is 5mo old, been working on obedience thats all.Had a feeder out for bear couple of years ago had a lot of coon pics on it.Figured id put out a feeder for coon in the same area.No pics as of yet, this area is not over run with coon.I hunt bigger woods not corn fields or wood lots.Part of my thought process is to be knowledgable about the game we hunt.My question is where are the coons in the summer.Started running my pup to get her woods wise,where would you run to maybe bump a coon while out for a stroll.thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-03-2019 10:48 AM
WWRIDGERUNNER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WWRIDGERUNNER Click here to Send WWRIDGERUNNER a Private Message Click Here to Email WWRIDGERUNNER Find more posts by WWRIDGERUNNER Add WWRIDGERUNNER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myhosss
UKC Forum Member

Big Trees

Water .creeks...ponds.lakes.

Old Post 06-03-2019 12:23 PM
myhosss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myhosss Click here to Send myhosss a Private Message Find more posts by myhosss Add myhosss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

You find beavers you find coon.... that's in our country!!

Old Post 06-03-2019 01:29 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Right now where am at a person would be better off getting in bed early an getting up about 2 in morning an hunting til daylight. Coon are moving during daylight hours.

Old Post 06-03-2019 02:36 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

They move a lot in the late evening this time of year and around here they are out of the big woods. Mostly ditches and row crops. Find what they are eating and you will find them. I have found that almost all other hunters know a great deal about the game they chase but not coon hunters. For the most part coon hunters know very little about coons.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 06-03-2019 03:21 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WWRIDGERUNNER
UKC Forum Member

Yup Joey that’s why I ask,Cannot find a lot of info on specific habits.A lot of general info.The coon in my area gravitate toward homes away from bigger woods.I can trap 20-30 coons along my route to work in the morning,But head out of town and there almost gone.Im trying to learn as much info. To set my pup up for success.I can hit more bear and deer tracks than coon and it’s always been a struggle.

Old Post 06-03-2019 03:38 PM
WWRIDGERUNNER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WWRIDGERUNNER Click here to Send WWRIDGERUNNER a Private Message Click Here to Email WWRIDGERUNNER Find more posts by WWRIDGERUNNER Add WWRIDGERUNNER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Coon like mulberries right now.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 06-04-2019 03:06 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bones
UKC Forum Member

It's all about the food source different food for different times of year animals up hear move to wet areas in spring and summer choke cherries and grapes and ground berries fall nuts and apples. Just watch food sources you'll find coon

Old Post 06-04-2019 01:00 PM
bones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bones Click here to Send bones a Private Message Click Here to Email bones Find more posts by bones Add bones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Alabama

We just cut them in briar thickets this time of year. Coons are eating blackberries and we can cut in the prettiest woods you can find and dogs end up in cut overs treed on blackberries. We can still occasionally strike coons around our beaver swamps where they are feeding on Minnows, frogs, and crawfish.

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Old Post 06-06-2019 02:28 AM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Harder
UKC Forum Member

Yup low land that was flooded because of all the rain but has since receded is where im getting all mine. what holes of water that is left are full of tadpoles and baby crayfish. blackberries here are not ready yet but there is sure to be a ton of them along the edges of the timber with all the rain we have had this spring and are still getting.

Iraq War Vet 03-04, 05-06
RECON
618-410-3034

Old Post 06-06-2019 04:21 PM
Nathan Harder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Harder Click here to Send Nathan Harder a Private Message Click Here to Email Nathan Harder Find more posts by Nathan Harder Add Nathan Harder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote