UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Price of hunts next year
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Price of hunts next year

So after talking to everyone this weekend have some questions about what we are going to charge next year for entry fee. What is everyone else charging at their club for the entry fee now that UKC has went up on price per dog?
This year we charged $15 per dog. But that's not going to work for next year.

$15 x 7 dogs= $105
-$25 Ukc licence
-$49 (7 dogs @$7) Ukc fee
-20 conservation permit
-25 for building

Puts the club -$14 if my math is right.

So what are most clubs going to charge? If we charge $20 per dog at the 7 dogs that puts the club making $21. Is that enough? Do other clubs figure more than 7 dogs? Or higher fees?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-04-2019 04:49 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

We are going to charge $35 a round in double header mini slams that pay the hunters back.

Tar

Old Post 11-04-2019 06:35 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

to be clear

$35 for an hour hunt?

Old Post 11-04-2019 07:13 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: to be clear

quote:
Originally posted by T Felderman
$35 for an hour hunt?

Yup but look at it this way you get a win , you get performance points , You qualify for the $200,000 hunt and you get paid that night in cash green dollars all for $35 I know I am a big dummy buuuuuuut !

Tar

Old Post 11-04-2019 07:22 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

35.00 sounds good for a mini slam hunt, at least you have a chance of winning something for your entry fee besides UKC cast wins. Winner winner, chicken dinner. Dave

Old Post 11-04-2019 07:22 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Price of hunts next year

quote:
Originally posted by nextcoonhunters
So after talking to everyone this weekend have some questions about what we are going to charge next year for entry fee. What is everyone else charging at their club for the entry fee now that UKC has went up on price per dog?
This year we charged $15 per dog. But that's not going to work for next year.

$15 x 7 dogs= $105
-$25 Ukc licence
-$49 (7 dogs @$7) Ukc fee
-20 conservation permit
-25 for building

Puts the club -$14 if my math is right.

So what are most clubs going to charge? If we charge $20 per dog at the 7 dogs that puts the club making $21. Is that enough? Do other clubs figure more than 7 dogs? Or higher fees?

If you charge 20 as opposed to the 15 that you normally charge your clubs profit margin should be the exact same as last year.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-04-2019 08:06 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Price of hunts next year

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
If you charge 20 as opposed to the 15 that you normally charge your clubs profit margin should be the exact same as last year.

Unless the $5 more per entry makes someone not hunt as many hunts.

(We are going to charge $35 a round in double header mini slams that pay the hunters back.)

Slam Events:
Clubs may schedule any one or more of their scheduled dates as a Slam Event. Clubs have the option of $20, $30 or $50 entry fees. $20 and $30 entry fees pay out 55% of the total entry income. $50 entry fees pay out 75% of the total entry income.

I don't know anything about slam events. Can you have a $35 hunt? If so that puts you paying out $19.25 per dog and making $15.75 if it's 55% payout. That'll make the club some money. But that puts people paying $140 for a two night doubleheader. And yes some stand to win money but the rest are losing money. I could do that every so often but if you can spend $140 every weekend on entry fees, is the place your working for, hiring? And yes, you don't have to go every weekend. Pick the hunts you want to go to, but doesn't that just mean less dogs at each hunt?

We had our BBCHA sec and some people complained about the $20 entry fee, and didn't hunt the late round.

Some of the clubs around here are doing good other are struggling just wondering what people are doing before your club meetings so we can get some ideas to vote on. Thanks for the ideas, and help.

Old Post 11-04-2019 09:24 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

I can't bring myself to pay for the 1 hour double header hunts. $30.00 for a one hour hunt?????? It is too steep for me! I restrict myself to $600.00/month. That includes all my gas, dog feed, vet bills, and other various expenses. Oh I only get paid on the last working day of the month. Budgeting is the only way I can get from one month to another.

I expect the IRS to figure out about the money hunts sooner than later. Yep, I really want to have to claim my hobby as part of my IRS bill.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 11-04-2019 09:53 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J Gearing
UKC Forum Member

$25 license fee plus $7 per dog(assuming that is correct) has made the $15 hunt obsolete. Obviously UKC is not going to dip into their profits and the clubs can not and remain viable. That leaves the hunter to fund his endeavors. I will say for most clubs with the size of the average hunt the fees are out of line. UKC will boast about big money pay outs. All this is on the shoulders of the clubs who will have to pass it on to the hunter. As the old saying goes, the buck stops here. That has to be the hunter.

Old Post 11-04-2019 10:12 PM
J Gearing is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J Gearing Click here to Send J Gearing a Private Message Click Here to Email J Gearing Find more posts by J Gearing Add J Gearing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by J Gearing
$25 license fee plus $7 per dog(assuming that is correct)

8/30/19
Tonight at Autumn Oaks, UKC’s Allen Gingerich announced the UKC TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS!
Coming in 2021...
$200,000 total purse for event
$50,000 to overall first place winner
Designed to: boost UKC Coonhound club nite hunt entries by requiring five cast wins at UKC licensed nite hunts in 2020 to qualify for the UKC Tournament of Champions.
UKC Tournament of Champions is: supported by increasing UKC licensed nite hunt recording fees to $7 per dog starting in 2020, allowing an event of this level to be possible while keeping UKC nite hunts affordable for all.

Old Post 11-04-2019 10:18 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Tar

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
We are going to charge $35 a round in double header mini slams that pay the hunters back.

Tar

With those what's the break even number, 6 dogs or so not counting the building?

Old Post 11-04-2019 11:54 PM
yadkintar
Banned

MY building is free and I will have a bench show I am the judge so that’s free. If I get 4 dogs on the bench it pays my hunt packet. That’s why clubs need a licensed bench show judge. We charge $15 for the bench show that’s $60. I haven’t seen the paper work on the minie slams yet we held off till after the 1rst of the year where the guys wins would count to get them qualified for the $200,000 hunt and they get to hunt under the new rules.

Tar

Old Post 11-05-2019 02:31 AM
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Theres something else going on.

Assuming a $25 entry fee!!!

PKC has 60% in awards, 20% for the club, 12% PKC, 8% Escrow. That's $5/dog for the club.

UKC, under this scenario, if they match the participant awards of PKC would be giving 60% in awards, 12% to the club, and 28% to UKC. That's $3/dog for the club. That's 40% less for the clubs (the backbone), assuming no escrow.

AKC offers 70% to participants, 30% to clubs (but after accounting for their per dog fee), it's really 16% to clubs, and 14% to AKC. That equates to $4/dog for the club.

All of these scenarios exclude licensing/event fees.

Why (if you are UKC) would you present clubs with scenarios of making 40% less than they would with PKC, and 25% less than they would with AKC???

So, from a club perspective, it's:
$3/dog UKC
$4/dog AKC
$5/dog PKC

I'm sure UKC is aware of the competition, and what they offer.

Something doesn't smell right!

There are better ways to take on the competition.

Old Post 11-05-2019 05:23 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I am just giving the guys what they want. I can have the minie slams and pay them that night or I can have a regular hunt and save up and give it back to them later. As long as we got enough left over for a pot of red beans or chili anything over that is a bonus.

Tar

Old Post 11-05-2019 12:36 PM
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

Pkc 1 hr hunts are $30 and more hunters attend them than $20 ukc hunts around here. If you can’t afford to pay another $5-10 for a chance to win your money back, maybe this sport isn’t for you.

Old Post 11-05-2019 12:51 PM
Sfox91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sfox91 Click here to Send Sfox91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sfox91 Find more posts by Sfox91 Add Sfox91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pegjerben
UKC Forum Member

quote:
MY building is free and I will have a bench show I am the judge so that’s free. If I get 4 dogs on the bench it pays my hunt packet. That’s why clubs need a licensed bench show judge. We charge $15 for the bench show that’s $60. I haven’t seen the paper work on the minie slams yet we held off till after the 1rst of the year where the guys wins would count to get them qualified for the $200,000 hunt and they get to hunt under the new rules.

Tar

Does the new $7 fee to UKC apply to bench show entries too? So, your $60 for 4 dogs would then be only $32?

Old Post 11-05-2019 02:22 PM
pegjerben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pegjerben Click here to Send pegjerben a Private Message Click Here to Email pegjerben Find more posts by pegjerben Add pegjerben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by pegjerben
Does the new $7 fee to UKC apply to bench show entries too? So, your $60 for 4 dogs would then be only $32?

No you already pay the $2 per dog plus the hunt packet fee. That $5 a dog is put in escrow for the $200,000 hunt. You win 5 strait cast it cost you an extra $25 to qualify for that hunt not to bad huh.

Go to the $$$ world hunt you got to win $100 to qualify and $300 a night to try and advance. They paid $30,000 for first place the ukc hunt pays $50,000 first $30,000 second $20,000 third $10,000 forth. I am impressed!!

Tar

Old Post 11-05-2019 02:34 PM
Patrick Moore
UKC Forum Member

At my club we have been charging 10.00 for the bench show & 20.00 for the hunt. On our Sectionals, we charged 15.00 / 25.00.
We have decided to increase entries by the extra 5.00 that UKC is starting in 2020.

Old Post 11-05-2019 02:45 PM
Patrick Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick Moore Click here to Send Patrick Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Patrick Moore Find more posts by Patrick Moore Add Patrick Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Hmmm

quote:
I am just giving the guys what they want. I can have the minie slams and pay them that night or I can have a regular hunt and save up and give it back to them later. As long as we got enough left over for a pot of red beans or chili anything over that is a bonus.

Tar

Your building ain't got lights, water, or taxes?

Old Post 11-05-2019 09:02 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Pkc

quote:
Originally posted by honalieh
Assuming a $25 entry fee!!!

PKC has 60% in awards, 20% for the club, 12% PKC, 8% Escrow. That's $5/dog for the club.

UKC, under this scenario, if they match the participant awards of PKC would be giving 60% in awards, 12% to the club, and 28% to UKC. That's $3/dog for the club. That's 40% less for the clubs (the backbone), assuming no escrow.

AKC offers 70% to participants, 30% to clubs (but after accounting for their per dog fee), it's really 16% to clubs, and 14% to AKC. That equates to $4/dog for the club.

All of these scenarios exclude licensing/event fees.

Why (if you are UKC) would you present clubs with scenarios of making 40% less than they would with PKC, and 25% less than they would with AKC???

So, from a club perspective, it's:
$3/dog UKC
$4/dog AKC
$5/dog PKC

I'm sure UKC is aware of the competition, and what they offer.

Something doesn't smell right!

There are better ways to take on the competition.

Already alot of talk around here about going pkc. Guess run the numbers and see. If there's enough people for it Ukc may take a back seat. Rules vary but same principal strike and tree your dog, right?

Old Post 11-05-2019 09:07 PM
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Re: Pkc

quote:
Already alot of talk around here about going pkc. Guess run the numbers and see. If there's enough people for it Ukc may take a back seat. Rules vary but same principal strike and tree your dog, right?

Only difference is the elimination style hunt format at bigger hunts.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 11-05-2019 10:20 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sox12
UKC Forum Member

DeKalb County Coon hunters,Hamilton Indiana are only going to charge $25.00

CH Nt. Ch.PR Wandering Red & RR Bucksaw (GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge Rip X Grand Nite Raged Ridge Toadie )
GRNTCH.GRCh.PR Steffes' Whizz Bang[GRNTCH Big Walnut BooneXGRNTCH Raged Ridge Toadie]
GRCH.Wandering Red Pepper
GRCH.Wandering Red Honeys Sweety Pie

RIP
GR.NT.CH.GR.CH.PR Steffes wandering Red Tinkerbell {GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge RipsawXGRNTCH Ragged Ridge Toadie]

Old Post 11-05-2019 10:26 PM
sox12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sox12 Click here to Send sox12 a Private Message Click Here to Email sox12 Find more posts by sox12 Add sox12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Hmmm

quote:
Your building ain't got lights, water, or taxes?

It’s the fair building and I am the administrator I get it for free.

Tar

Old Post 11-06-2019 01:54 AM
Rockyford
UKC Forum Member

Re: Pkc

quote:

Depending on your building situation and you have the guys who will want to hunt pkc, it is very hard to lose out on PKC hunts.. pay $110 and you can have a hunt once a month and it’ll pay for itself and may help them pkc guys to your ukc hunts

Old Post 11-06-2019 02:06 AM
Rockyford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rockyford Click here to Send Rockyford a Private Message Click Here to Email Rockyford Find more posts by Rockyford Add Rockyford to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

That's awesome

quote:
It’s the fair building and I am the administrator I get it for free.

Tar

That definitely helps your club. 1 club around here uses the boys scout house. It doesn't take some Mansion to have a hunt, but if it's not free the club has to do something to pay for it. Some of the clubs around here are making more off HTX and club hunts than off their Ukc hunts. Always looking for ways to do better.

Old Post 11-06-2019 02:12 PM