UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Rolin Blues-WE'RE BACK
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

No

It was BRUTAL. Seems like everything we ran was 2 days old. All 3 dogs made slick tree during hunt by themselves. Haven't looked @ only 1 slick in last 2 weeks. They are supposed to know better, or pay the consequences!!! Don't know if E/SE wind had anything to do with movement, but it wasn't pretty. Take care, Ron.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-17-2019 05:45 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

30 pounder treed and brought down at your favorite rabbit patch you loved at the quarterfinals. Hope all is well.

Old Post 11-18-2019 12:17 AM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

patch

They get that big in there from all the raspberries there are to eat & dog can't run them fast enough to make them lose weight!!! Must have been 'layed up' snoozing & too full to run.

If you have Jerrys' ph # that hunts Susie, send it to me or his pup order is going somewhere else. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 11-20-2019 08:23 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Not sure why I would have it Ron. Sorry.

Old Post 11-20-2019 11:37 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

hunts

Had several good ones the last week, except for Fri. night. My nephew & his boys wanted to go again & things couldn't have been worse for the 3rd time for them to go. Heavy white frost had laid down by 7, but coon were still moving just not cooperating about climbing a tree. Cut Girl in corn & had red hot race for 20 min. to end up in junk ditch. Went to far end & same thing, hot race that went to bluff den.

Moved & cut Freak in nice timber. Ran nice 650 yd. track to another bluff. She hit another track & went up to top of hill for another 30 min. hot race in standing corn that ended back down in bluff den. Called her in to move again.

Cut Girl in standing corn, same deal as earlier, 10 min. red hot race to another bluff. Then things really went downhill, as she hit a cold track & worked it 3/4 mile to get treed on big den. We had all we could stand & called it a night.

Last night went great for the crew. Auggie & Madi both won their casts @ $KC hunt with Girl & Freak by treeing coon by themselves. That's 2 CW for Madi this month to be qualified for next years $KC Youth World hunt. Congrats young lady. Hunter & i took Queeny for drop while casts were hunting. She ran long track out over 700 yds. & treed a big old boar up an apple treed. Looked like a 5 gallon bucket sitting in tree when we got there. Hunter was proud as a kid can get because Queeny is his favorite dog around her. She loves him giving her belly rubs!!! Take care, Ron.

Old Post 11-26-2019 11:55 PM
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

SOUNDS FUN!!!!
I WANT TO GET UP THAT WAY AND HUNT WITH YOU ALL IN THE FUTURE

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 11-27-2019 01:14 PM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Awesome grandkids and hounds

Ron sounds like you have it made. Grandkids having fun following some nice hounds. Tell Hunter Queenie is my favorite too lol. All of your dogs I've been out with look good. Happy Thanksgiving and good luck to you and your family.

Old Post 11-27-2019 08:27 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

hunt

Had 40 min. race to old house with her & Freak last night, then long track to bluff. Decided to drop Queeny in small patch of corn & she treed a double. Hunter is on way home from shopping, so headed out for a bit to see if she can do it again. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 11-29-2019 02:02 AM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

hunt

Didn't get out till 8:30 so first track seemed old for Queeny, but she treed a old boar after about 10 min. in brushy ditch. Next drop she ran a good track 650 yrds. to bluff. I think this coon heard all the action up the draw with gr. kids shooting coon out, he decided it was time to head home before it was too late.

Last night, Freak & Grit started different tracks (imagine that) & got treed 450 yds. apart & both had big old boars. Was raining by time we got back to truck, so just quit. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 11-30-2019 09:34 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

hunt

Had to take Sat. (windy/rain) & Sun. (windy/snow) off. Last night, it was cold with white frost & crunchy thin layer of snow already on ground when we cut @ 6:30. Girl tried working cold track down into valley until a big batch of coyotes started to fire up, so she headed back our way. Her & Gritt finally got on good track & treed .7 from truck, so Cub & gr. kids went to them to shoot coon & i went back & took truck closer. Taco Tuesday & some cards tonight that me & buddy do 1st Tues. of the month, then we'll be back at it. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 12-03-2019 08:05 PM
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Troy Mills

I hope Madi goes over and puts another whooping on Buddy Tom tonite!

Old Post 12-05-2019 04:50 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

T

Didn't happen, but she had a story to tell when she got done. Tom/Warrior, Wes/Chappo each scored on coon, while Cub/Grit had 2 den trees. Freak crossed Buffalo creek to put one in hole & lost both collars in foot deep mud of creek bank. They found regular collar by digging around in mud, but couldn't locate the 430 collar, so will have to buy a replacement. Oh, did I forget to say Tom & Wes went to top of boots crossing with their long legs, so Madi went over hers to her waist!!! She was wet & cold when i got back & ready to get home for hot shower. Hunter went over his boots 2 wks. ago, so neither is looking forward to hunting next to it again in future.

Had nice hunt with DD/Spur Wed. night. Put one in ground, pulled him out & had him finished when we got there. Treed on on outside together. Next drop, Spur & Freak made a den, while Queeny split with one on outside.

Hunter & i dropped Queeny Fri. night about 8:30 & put one in bluff we could see, but left him to run again. Next drop, she treed one on outside, but could tell it was a 'dink', so left him too.

Tonight was a hunt you forget about!!! Cub & i cut loose 3 time & 2 of them we never got a bark. Don't believe that has ever happened in 60 yrs.. Decided it wasn't worth it with deer season in, so came home to watch some football. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 12-08-2019 03:33 AM
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Ron give me a call sometime. 330 429 0146. Thank you.

Old Post 12-08-2019 04:15 AM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

hunts

Been a slow week in our area. Didn't hunt Mon.-Wed. because cold blast moved in from Canada. Coon don't move far from dens, when that happens in our area.

Went to $kc hunt Thurs. night & Freak put one in cement pile while John Whites' dog treed one on outside. Just our luck!!! They did split tree after hunt was over & both had a coon.

Last night Girl treed a den, then put one in dike tube that we could see, but wouldn't have been able to get out. Hunter wanted to take Queeny out, so we swapped dogs & cut her a couple drops. Treed one, then had 850 yd. track that ended in bluff den. Will try again tonight @ dark thirty. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 12-14-2019 05:55 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

hunts

Been tough the last 2 nights with this cold weather. Haven't seen 30 degrees in a week.
Hunted Freak for drop last night & took long track 750 yds. to a junk pile. Hunter dropped Queeny next & she went 850 yds. to put one in hollow log laying on ground. Big coon at 22 lbs., but we got him out with chainsaw.
Tonight Girl ran cold track 222 yds. to hole in root ball of blown down tree. We got him out, but called it a night after i put a thorn in my foot & gr. kids have school in morning. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 12-17-2019 03:47 AM
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

bad here also turned 3 dawg loose last night and not a bark so I went home. the night before he got treed at 867 yrds and had a coon that's about my week of hunting

2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Ole Blue Betty

Old Post 12-18-2019 01:19 PM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

bad here also turned 3 dawg loose last night and not a bark so I went home. the night before he got treed at 867 yrds and had a coon that's about my week of hunting

2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Ole Blue Betty

Old Post 12-18-2019 01:19 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Merry Christmas

And Happy New Year to all. Will plan on seeing a lot of you down the road in 2020. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 12-24-2019 09:04 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Slow week

Nice weather for Dec., but still making lots of dens & some nights off for holidays. did manage to tree a couple on Christmas night to top off the week.

I'll be heading south for a couple months starting Jan. 5, so if you want to talk or take a hunt, call cell ph.#, 563-249-1058. Will be heading to Texas, so may see some of you at the Lone Star hunt for the week. After that, i'll be @ my sisters in Russellville, Ark. area with camper until after the Winter Classic. Will be pleasure/competition hunting in different areas from there, so may be talking to several of you in your state to set up a hunt. It's gotta be warmer for hunting than in Iowa during those 2 months. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 12-31-2019 02:26 AM
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

I had a great hunt tonight with John Bishop and Avery Pruemer, we treed 3 coons and 3 dens tonight smurf looked good and impressive

2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Ole Blue Betty

Old Post 12-31-2019 06:43 AM
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

I had a great hunt tonight with John Bishop and Avery Pruemer, we treed 3 coons and 3 dens tonight smurf looked good and impressive

2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Ole Blue Betty

Old Post 12-31-2019 06:43 AM
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

We certainly aren't having any problems getting them treed across the river. Good runners too.

Old Post 01-03-2020 03:12 AM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

hunts

Been treeing them, but mostly in den trees, bluffs, holes in ground with lots of long tracks.

Madi & i went to Troy Mills last night for $KC hunt & both won our casts with Freak & Girl. I drew Tom Brislawn/Warrior & Jason Schulte/Botox. Had great hunt by scoring on 5 coon between the 3 dogs. Hunted in rolling hills with no bluffs & got to see some coon. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 01-03-2020 09:44 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

road trip

Been on road since Jan. 5 in Tx. & Arkansas. Been treeing a few coon, but certainly not like back home. Will be @ WC next week starting Wed. @ camp grounds next to event center, if your looking for BS session. Dogs are getting used to living in a dog box, so hope they are ready to tree some Miss. coon. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 02-03-2020 05:51 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

road trip

Been on road since Jan. 5 in Tx. & Arkansas. Been treeing a few coon, but certainly not like back home. Will be @ WC next week starting Wed. @ camp grounds next to event center, if your looking for BS session. Dogs are getting used to living in a dog box, so hope they are ready to tree some Miss. coon. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 02-03-2020 05:51 PM