UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Antenna chewing
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sons bear hound
New UKC Forum Member

Antenna chewing

Any body got any suggestions to get my hounds to quit chewing up the t15 antenna ? I’ve replaced them now twice and yet again chewed

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-10-2018 11:06 PM
Sons bear hound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sons bear hound Click here to Send Sons bear hound a Private Message Find more posts by Sons bear hound Add Sons bear hound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
87yota
New UKC Forum Member

Chewing

Keep an eye on them and utilize the two prongs in the collar. I recommend starting at level 10 and increasing as needed.

Old Post 10-11-2018 03:10 PM
87yota is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 87yota Click here to Send 87yota a Private Message Click Here to Email 87yota Find more posts by 87yota Add 87yota to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Copperhead1
New UKC Forum Member

That’s just stupid. Don’t shock your dogs for chewing their antennas. You just need to hunt them harder. If they are bored enough to chew on their antenna then it’s your fault.

The next time you get bored and tap your foot on the floor should someone hit you in the head with a hammer? No, you just need something to occupy your mind.

Old Post 10-11-2018 05:19 PM
Copperhead1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Copperhead1 Click here to Send Copperhead1 a Private Message Find more posts by Copperhead1 Add Copperhead1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

Spray

Pups and young dogs are gonna chew on anything they can sink their teeth in. Try some Apple bitter spray on them. I don't know how well that will work but it's worth a Try! Good luck and happy hunting!!

Old Post 10-11-2018 06:05 PM
Pat Miltons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Miltons Click here to Send Pat Miltons a Private Message Click Here to Email Pat Miltons Find more posts by Pat Miltons Add Pat Miltons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Runemhard
New UKC Forum Member

A thin coat of Vaseline helps.

Old Post 10-11-2018 06:50 PM
Runemhard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Runemhard Click here to Send Runemhard a Private Message Find more posts by Runemhard Add Runemhard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
87yota
New UKC Forum Member

chewing

then what are the shocking collars for if it isnt to STOP bad behavior.

Old Post 10-19-2018 12:41 AM
87yota is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 87yota Click here to Send 87yota a Private Message Click Here to Email 87yota Find more posts by 87yota Add 87yota to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Re: chewing

quote:
Originally posted by 87yota

Old Post 10-19-2018 01:47 AM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy212
UKC Forum Member

This may sound ridiculous but I had the same problem and my uncle put Vick’s vapor rub on it and it actually did the trick

Old Post 10-19-2018 02:16 AM
Andy212 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy212 Click here to Send Andy212 a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy212 Find more posts by Andy212 Add Andy212 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Re: chewing

quote:
Originally posted by 87yota

X3

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 10-19-2018 02:18 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

Re: Gauze absorbent medical tape

quote:
Originally posted by swamp1
Wrap it on antenna long way or anyway you choose spray with arrid xx deoderent spray or ban roll on it. Problem solved. Guarantee that. They hate it.

My feist in the house will lick your armpits dry if you let her. She doesn't chew the antenna though 😃

Old Post 10-19-2018 10:32 AM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

HOT PEPPER JUICE

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 10-19-2018 11:26 AM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Just don't let your wife catch you dipping your antenna in her jar of hot peppers. Mine pitched a fit.

Old Post 10-19-2018 02:09 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote