UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > need names of big time hunters!
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
coonhuntky
UKC Forum Member

Wasn't there a man named JAMES MERCHANT that had a little bit to do with coonhunting.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-10-2004 05:11 AM
coonhuntky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhuntky Click here to Send coonhuntky a Private Message Click Here to Email coonhuntky Find more posts by coonhuntky Add coonhuntky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chad hatchett
UKC Forum Member

oh left out "mr bluetick"elbert vaughn

Old Post 02-10-2004 12:28 PM
chad hatchett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chad hatchett Click here to Send chad hatchett a Private Message Click Here to Email chad hatchett Find more posts by chad hatchett Add chad hatchett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coon dawg
UKC Forum Member

Walker.........Dick Hershberger, John Monroe, Joe House.................Redbone..........Max Hunter, Red Blaksley................Bluetick.........Elbert Vaughn, the Utchmans.......Plott........Dale Brandenberger, Isiah Kidd.........English.........RF Dickey, Berton Oney.............Black and Tan.........JL Umphers

Old Post 02-10-2004 02:17 PM
coon dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coon dawg Click here to Send coon dawg a Private Message Find more posts by coon dawg Add coon dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Arbogast
UKC Forum Member

I would have to say for the Plott it would be Dale Brandenberger, Isiah Kidd , Wayne Allen , Norman, Curtis and Eugene Walker. To say these folks have produced some great hounds would be an understatement they have devoted there lives to make Plotts better in both coon and big game hunting.

Old Post 02-10-2004 03:03 PM
Joe Arbogast is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Arbogast Click here to Send Joe Arbogast a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Arbogast Visit Joe Arbogast's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Arbogast Add Joe Arbogast to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ray Stein
UKC Forum Member

Well I guess I'll throw in my two cents worth, if you want to talk to real Plott breeders and promoters that have been there for the long haul. How about Lawrence Porterfield, Charles Shortridge, Dale Brandenburger, Everett Weems, Tom Telford, Leroy Haug, Lawrence Linder, Bill Bland, Steve Mohr or Leo Dollins. Some of the younger would be Eugene Walker, Jim Cannon, John Walkup, Bill Harrell, Jim Garrison, and what about Roy Howell and Bud Ramsey and John Sturgill, Wayne Allen too. Not to offend anyone or their favorites as there are some good ones out there to choose from, and I humbly reject myself as I'm a hunter and very opinionated as to what I like and how I like them, I only breed for my likes and dislikes, thanks.

Old Post 02-10-2004 07:01 PM
Ray Stein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ray Stein Click here to Send Ray Stein a Private Message Click Here to Email Ray Stein Find more posts by Ray Stein Add Ray Stein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GRAVEDIGGER
UKC Forum Member

Well state Ray

Not only for the plott breed but for all breeds. There are alot of quality people out there and very dedicated and very deserving of that honor. I guess everyone has slightly different opinions on who has made the most impact or who's the most important but I bet if you ask anyone that has been listed by someone they would just say that they love to coonhunt and were dedicated to improving their breed of choice and also they would pay tribute to those that came before them and helped pass the breed down to them to carry on with the tradition or hunting and the sport. In my book anyone that spends most of their life enjoying hunting and being and advocate of outsdoorsmen/hunters is someone I respect and honor because they have helped me to enjoy the fun of the outdoors/hunting.

2005 Plott Days Champion, 2 time Isiaiah Kidd Award Winner
GrNtCh Millenium Magic Doc's Heyzuess
2013 Ntl GrNtCh Plott Breed Winner

Old Post 02-11-2004 09:39 AM
GRAVEDIGGER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GRAVEDIGGER Click here to Send GRAVEDIGGER a Private Message Click Here to Email GRAVEDIGGER Find more posts by GRAVEDIGGER Add GRAVEDIGGER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SamIam
UKC Forum Member

Max Hunter & Wayne Campbell

Old Post 02-11-2004 01:51 PM
SamIam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SamIam Click here to Send SamIam a Private Message Click Here to Email SamIam Find more posts by SamIam Add SamIam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Ice
UKC Forum Member

I will have to speak up for the local guys I know of. You said Big Time Hunters. If not for Randy Leonard I don't think the Rocky II dog would have done as well as he did not knocking the other handler he had up North. Last but not least Jody Jessup. Jody has been handling hounds for a long while and this past year it finally paid off.

Home of 'GRNTCH 'GRCH PR' Aaron's Hidden Meadows Blue Max (Bluetick)
Gone But Not Forgotten 6/25/15

NiteCh Dalton's Fathead Coonsmoker Ace (English) Gone but not Forgotten

CH'NiteCh'PR' LoneTree Subzero (Walker) Gone but Not Forgotton 5/25/14

Old Post 02-11-2004 02:31 PM
Blue Ice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Ice Click here to Send Blue Ice a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Ice Find more posts by Blue Ice Add Blue Ice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stretcher
UKC Forum Member

Wayne Campbell
Joe Melton
Hoffmeister
The Brough's
Wick
Vicki Lamb

Old Post 02-11-2004 03:34 PM
Stretcher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stretcher Click here to Send Stretcher a Private Message Click Here to Email Stretcher Find more posts by Stretcher Add Stretcher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Breeder1
New UKC Forum Member

Top Pick

I would have to say CR Moss down in Georgia. He has done more to help blueticks in the south than anyone.

Old Post 02-11-2004 05:12 PM
Breeder1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Breeder1 Click here to Send Breeder1 a Private Message Find more posts by Breeder1 Add Breeder1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Bill Morris

Old Post 02-11-2004 05:24 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Carolina Kev
UKC Forum Member

Bill Morris

Old Post 02-11-2004 05:57 PM
Carolina Kev is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Carolina Kev Find more posts by Carolina Kev Add Carolina Kev to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barney
UKC Forum Member

Bill Morris. Nuff said.

Old Post 02-11-2004 06:00 PM
Barney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barney Click here to Send Barney a Private Message Visit Barney's homepage! Find more posts by Barney Add Barney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

I was just joking, you guys are actually serious, wow

Old Post 02-11-2004 07:29 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kings posse
New UKC Forum Member

banjo boy johnathan warrington

Old Post 02-12-2004 02:28 AM
kings posse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kings posse Click here to Send kings posse a Private Message Find more posts by kings posse Add kings posse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Plott Hounds.

I'm surprised that I don't see the Plott men mention Wayne Jeffries (Timberline Plotts), and Berlin King.

Old Post 02-12-2004 04:05 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SUDDEN IMPACT
UKC Forum Member

James Merchant

If the "anti's" take over we will all become poachers....

Old Post 02-12-2004 05:40 AM
SUDDEN IMPACT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SUDDEN IMPACT Click here to Send SUDDEN IMPACT a Private Message Find more posts by SUDDEN IMPACT Add SUDDEN IMPACT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coon dawg
UKC Forum Member

Breeder 1..........

ya might throw Dave Bialik in there too, bud.

Old Post 02-12-2004 01:08 PM
coon dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coon dawg Click here to Send coon dawg a Private Message Find more posts by coon dawg Add coon dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ICEMAN
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 02-16-2004 06:02 AM
ICEMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ICEMAN Click here to Send ICEMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email ICEMAN Find more posts by ICEMAN Add ICEMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KING LEE
New UKC Forum Member

i think people that have helped their breed should have some thing to say as to how coonhunting has changed over the year.maybe one top guy from each breed.and maybe a couple for the walkers lol.
frank giddings**
don heavin**
joe house
berton oney
van griggs**
tam young
buddy gilbert
bill shcnekner(spelling wrong)
warren houslour
wilcox
timmothy ball**
bill morris**
rilley laffon
keith medley*
marvil hill
winston arron
russ bellar**
david fletcher
dave dean*
ed mead
uchtmans
lawton robinson
ronnie mears
lee logan**
james merchant**
ones with astricts are top picks.

^^hmmmmm^^

Old Post 07-17-2004 10:11 PM
KING LEE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KING LEE Click here to Send KING LEE a Private Message Click Here to Email KING LEE Find more posts by KING LEE Add KING LEE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vickie Lamb
UKC Forum Member

FYI, the company behind this project has disappeared and the contact people cannot be found.

Old Post 07-18-2004 12:55 AM
Vickie Lamb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vickie Lamb Click here to Send Vickie Lamb a Private Message Click Here to Email Vickie Lamb Visit Vickie Lamb's homepage! Find more posts by Vickie Lamb Add Vickie Lamb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
warrior
Banned

What a shame

I wish a project like this could get off the ground. The information it could contain would be enormous, and a great help to those like me who love to know the history of a matter to better understand it's future. As for who I would nominate, why none other than Mr. John Vaught of Berea, KY. Why do I nominate Mr. Vaught, because he KNOWS IT ALL!

www.ace1ace.com
--------------------------------
"I'm in the Heart of Dixie, Dixie's in the heart of me".

quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by JiM
....THANK GOD FOR BENCH SHOWS!!!!!!! Anything that keeps women and crybabies out of the woods has my support.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Post 07-18-2004 01:18 AM
warrior is offline Click Here to See the Profile for warrior Click here to Send warrior a Private Message Click Here to Email warrior Find more posts by warrior Add warrior to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lonesomeblue
UKC Forum Member

T.E. NEELY from Pine Bluff Arkansas.

" DELTA BAYOU BLUES "

Old Post 07-18-2004 04:24 AM
Lonesomeblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lonesomeblue Click here to Send Lonesomeblue a Private Message Click Here to Email Lonesomeblue Find more posts by Lonesomeblue Add Lonesomeblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lonesomeblue
UKC Forum Member

John Wick

" DELTA BAYOU BLUES "

Old Post 07-18-2004 04:25 AM
Lonesomeblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lonesomeblue Click here to Send Lonesomeblue a Private Message Click Here to Email Lonesomeblue Find more posts by Lonesomeblue Add Lonesomeblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
okreds
UKC Forum Member

Redbones

Butch Roeder, Joe Melton, Fred Moran, Dan Knight, Bob Hennings, Terry Hayes, Bob Quarton, Dennis Van Buren, Johnny Coffman, Paul Swetnam, Del Collins, and last but not least Glenn McDuffee.

" Why is it that our children can't read the Bible in school, but they can in prison? "

Old Post 07-18-2004 05:05 AM
okreds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for okreds Click here to Send okreds a Private Message Click Here to Email okreds Visit okreds's homepage! Find more posts by okreds Add okreds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote