UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Beagles > Rule Question, Poll
How do you place it
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
1st, 2nd, 3rd 4th 4 3.67%
1st, 2nd, 4th, 4th 8 7.34%
1st, 4th, 4th, 4th 69 63.30%
1st and no other placements 28 25.69%
Total: 109 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Todd M / UKC
UKC Forum Member

Rule Question, Poll

Four dog Winners Pack

In this four dog Winners Pack everything is going fine. That is until 20 minutes into the hunt two dogs come in and sit down. The judge starts the clock on them and 5 minutes later they are scratched for not hunting. Now we are down to two dogs. 20 minutes later, one of the remaining dogs comes in and sits down. He is scratched 5 minutes later. This leaves one dog. The dog completes the winners pack and is not scratched and wins the cast.

Question is, how do you place this winners pack?

Last edited by Todd M / UKC on 02-29-2008 at 01:27 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-29-2008 01:25 PM
Todd M / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd M / UKC Click Here to Email Todd M / UKC Visit Todd M / UKC's homepage! Find more posts by Todd M / UKC Add Todd M / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Shipman
UKC Forum Member

I'll take a shot. I take it your meaning HB format. 3 dogs that where scratched for not hunting would all receive a 4th place finish. The cast winner would have the first.

CH GRPCH GRHBCH McGrady's Loko Go Rosco ( 2011 PP World Championship 9th place )
GRPCH CH GRHBCH Cedar Grove's Loko Go RC Cola ( WV High Point PP Hound 2010 & 2012)
PCH GRCH Cedar Grove's Briarpatch Holly NBPPA'S 1st Total Dog Winner 2011
GRPCH Jollife's Valleyveiw Cally (Pumpkin) 2011 WV High Point PP Hound
HBCH CH GRPCH Cedar Grove's Briarpatch Nugget 2011 WV PP State Run-off Winner
NTCH CH Bone's Relic Hunter (Moose)
Bone's Smooth Southern Shine [Stolen}

Old Post 02-29-2008 02:04 PM
Steve Shipman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Shipman Click here to Send Steve Shipman a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Shipman Visit Steve Shipman's homepage! Find more posts by Steve Shipman Add Steve Shipman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Albert Fulton
UKC Forum Member

3 way tie for 4th. In either format I believe.

Old Post 02-29-2008 03:17 PM
Albert Fulton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Albert Fulton Click here to Send Albert Fulton a Private Message Click Here to Email Albert Fulton Find more posts by Albert Fulton Add Albert Fulton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STYLISH KENNELS
UKC Forum Member

I'M GONNA SAY 1ST PLACE ONLY AND NO OTHER PLACES.
DOG MUST COMPLETE THE CAST TO EARN PLACEMENT.
NOT REAL CAUGHT UP ON THE RULES YET BUT THIS SOUNDS LOGICAL.

INTERESTED IN HEARING THE ANSWER.

MARSHALL RADIO TELEMETRY PRO TEAM
GRHBCH INGRAM'S STYLISH DAKOTA
2013 UKC NATIONAL HUNTING BEAGLE CH (4th Place GRHBCH)
2011 UKC NATIONAL HUNTING BEAGLE CH (1st Place HBCH)
INGRAM'S STYLISH BRIAR ASSASSIN
INGRAM 'S WHITE OUT
Coming Soon:
INGRAM'S BIG SNOOP
INGRAM’S RABBIT RIDGE PARIS

Old Post 02-29-2008 03:21 PM
STYLISH KENNELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STYLISH KENNELS Click here to Send STYLISH KENNELS a Private Message Find more posts by STYLISH KENNELS Add STYLISH KENNELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GETRDONE KENNEL
UKC Forum Member

1st, 4th, 4th, 4th

HOME OF
HBCH,CH"PR" WHITE RIVER SHENANGO DESTINY
HBCH,"PR" WHITE RIVER GETRDONE BIG-DADDY
GETRDONE MARY JANE (MJ)
Past Champions
GRPCH,GRCH,GRHBCH,"PR"WHITE RIVER SHENANGO PRINCESS (sold)
PCH,GRCH,GRHBCH"PR"WHITE RIVER WILLIE(sold)
PCH,HBCH,CH.WHITE RIVER ROLLING OAKY DOAKY(sold)

Old Post 02-29-2008 03:31 PM
GETRDONE KENNEL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GETRDONE KENNEL Click here to Send GETRDONE KENNEL a Private Message Click Here to Email GETRDONE KENNEL Visit GETRDONE KENNEL's homepage! Find more posts by GETRDONE KENNEL Add GETRDONE KENNEL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wvbill
UKC Forum Member

Would it change the placements if the next to last dog would of took off game?

Check us out on the web:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeuq9zn/

Old Post 02-29-2008 03:48 PM
wvbill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wvbill Click here to Send wvbill a Private Message Visit wvbill's homepage! Find more posts by wvbill Add wvbill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LARRY DEAN
Banned

I believe it would be 1st then 3 way tie for 4th. But I think, that this rule should be revised. I believe if a dog is scratched, for what ever reason in the final, regardless of the amount of dogs, or what the offense, they should recieve no benefit for this. We don't let dogs enter the show if they've been scratched, except with 50 championship points or more. This does happen from time to time.

Lightning Strike Kennels

• WorldPCH GrHbCh Pch JG'S On The Move Prune Juice
  • HBCH JG'S Lightning Striking Larry
  • HBCH JG'S Buckeye Mark V'S Trapper (RIP-9-23-09)
  • HBCH Hy-View Beeline Beulah

Visit the Top 100 Beagle Sites
www.freewebs.com/jgsbeagles

Old Post 02-29-2008 04:06 PM
LARRY DEAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LARRY DEAN Click here to Send LARRY DEAN a Private Message Click Here to Email LARRY DEAN Find more posts by LARRY DEAN Add LARRY DEAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beagles22
UKC Forum Member

I would say 1st and no others place... You guys are suposed to be for the total dog... A total dog will not quit hunting and if it does then how can it be the total dog... If a dog can't run four at least 4 hours then in my opinion it is either not in shape or not a very good dog. Again this is my opinion..

HBCH Young's Hare Chasing ARROW

Old Post 02-29-2008 04:34 PM
beagles22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beagles22 Click here to Send beagles22 a Private Message Click Here to Email beagles22 Find more posts by beagles22 Add beagles22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wvbill
UKC Forum Member

Taken out of the Total Dog section.

Looks like once it completes the first two hours it is in the clear.

"To be eligible for Total Dog points the dog must have been entered in and completed the full 120 minutes cast time or the designated first round cast time in an Elimination event in the hunt portion of the UKC Licensed Hunting Beagle event the day of the show or be scratched by the Judge. Dogs withdrawn by handler or scratched in accordance with rule 6 (b) or any action deemed to be an intentional scratch are not eligible for Total Dog Points."

Check us out on the web:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeuq9zn/

Old Post 02-29-2008 05:43 PM
wvbill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wvbill Click here to Send wvbill a Private Message Visit wvbill's homepage! Find more posts by wvbill Add wvbill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xdawgbeagles
UKC Forum Member

re:

I know how to now...

1st
4th
4th
4th

The only thing i can find that covers this is on page 69 (new book)

Elimination Format – Rules For Placing Dogs In All Divisions
Only plus point cast winners from the first round are eligible for placement in any division. No placements may be awarded until the final cast has been assembled. Hounds in the final cast will be placed according to highest total score in the final cast even if the points are minus. If a tie results because of hounds scratching in the semi final cast, revert to previous round’s score to determine placement. ***Any dogs scratched from a cast will receive the lowest position available in that cast.***

I'm not arguing with this rule, who would???

Just wondering if any of you could point me towards more information... So that i might learn/understand the rule completely.

Thanks,
Jack

Old Post 02-29-2008 07:29 PM
xdawgbeagles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for xdawgbeagles Click here to Send xdawgbeagles a Private Message Click Here to Email xdawgbeagles Visit xdawgbeagles's homepage! Find more posts by xdawgbeagles Add xdawgbeagles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STYLISH KENNELS
UKC Forum Member

RULE 13c .....SAYS THAT IF A DOGS IS WITHDRAWN OR INTENTIONALY SCRATCHED THEY WILL NOT RECIEVE CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! AND NO DOGS CAN MOVE UP IN PLACE THAT WAS NOT IN THE WINNERS PACK.

SO I SAY 1ST PLACE ONLY.

INGRAM 'S WHITE OUT
Coming Soon:
INGRAM'S BIG SNOOP

Old Post 03-01-2008 12:38 AM
STYLISH KENNELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STYLISH KENNELS Click here to Send STYLISH KENNELS a Private Message Find more posts by STYLISH KENNELS Add STYLISH KENNELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ark. beagles
New UKC Forum Member

I had this happen to me last year. It was 90 degrees, we ran one rabbit and the dogs was done. WE ALL GOT SCRATCHED,and we all got 4th.

Old Post 03-01-2008 01:27 AM
Ark. beagles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ark. beagles Click here to Send Ark. beagles a Private Message Find more posts by Ark. beagles Add Ark. beagles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lolz
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by STYLISH KENNELS
RULE 13c .....SAYS THAT IF A DOGS IS WITHDRAWN OR INTENTIONALY SCRATCHED THEY WILL NOT RECIEVE CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! AND NO DOGS CAN MOVE UP IN PLACE THAT WAS NOT IN THE WINNERS PACK.

SO I SAY 1ST PLACE ONLY.

None of the dogs in question were withdrawn or intentionaly scratched.

Old Post 03-01-2008 01:38 AM
lolz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lolz Click here to Send lolz a Private Message Click Here to Email lolz Visit lolz's homepage! Find more posts by lolz Add lolz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
S Fluhart
UKC Forum Member

WOW, I hope some of you NEVER take a Master of Hounds job.

Old Post 03-01-2008 02:06 PM
S Fluhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for S Fluhart Click here to Send S Fluhart a Private Message Find more posts by S Fluhart Add S Fluhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STYLISH KENNELS
UKC Forum Member

I DONT KNOW WHAT THR RIGHT ANSWER IS.
I'M NEW IN THE BEAGLE TRIALS, BUT I JUST READ IT AS I WROTE IT.
MAYBE NOT THE RIGHT PLACE IN THE RULE BOOK.

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER.

DO YOU KNOW FLUHART, YOU HAVE BEEN AROUND THIS GAME FOR A WHILE?

INGRAM 'S WHITE OUT
Coming Soon:
INGRAM'S BIG SNOOP

Old Post 03-01-2008 06:40 PM
BJW 002
UKC Forum Member

1st
4th
4th
4th

Old Post 03-01-2008 09:17 PM
BJW 002 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BJW 002 Click here to Send BJW 002 a Private Message Click Here to Email BJW 002 Visit BJW 002's homepage! Find more posts by BJW 002 Add BJW 002 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RAMBLING
UKC Forum Member

1ST, 4TH, 4TH, 4TH
If this is not right somebody made some serouis mistakes in the past.

Old Post 03-02-2008 03:26 AM
RAMBLING is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RAMBLING Click here to Send RAMBLING a Private Message Find more posts by RAMBLING Add RAMBLING to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xdawgbeagles
UKC Forum Member

Scott?

quote:
Originally posted by S Fluhart
WOW, I hope some of you NEVER take a Master of Hounds job.

1st
4th
4th
4th

not right???

Old Post 03-02-2008 12:25 PM
xdawgbeagles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for xdawgbeagles Click here to Send xdawgbeagles a Private Message Click Here to Email xdawgbeagles Visit xdawgbeagles's homepage! Find more posts by xdawgbeagles Add xdawgbeagles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LARRY DEAN
Banned

Hey, Todd,
was this post for educational purposes?
I believe you know the answer.
It should be the lowest possible positions
1st 4th 4th 4th.
Has this been a problem lately.
Explain this. When dogs get scratched in a cast. Why or why not are they allowed in the show: example
Dog A gets scratched for not hunting: Can't enter show unless he has at least 50 championship points.
Dog B gets scratched for running off game: Dog B is allowed to enter show.
Why is there a difference in the offenses?

Lightning Strike Kennels

Old Post 03-02-2008 01:03 PM
LARRY DEAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LARRY DEAN Click here to Send LARRY DEAN a Private Message Click Here to Email LARRY DEAN Find more posts by LARRY DEAN Add LARRY DEAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xdawgbeagles
UKC Forum Member

Jeremy

I'm sure the purpose was to find out who knew the correct answer and to inform the rest of the right way to place hounds. There were some people down this way who didn't know the correct answer. (Me included) But we do now.... I agree with your question about being scratched for different reasons and the way UKC views it (in relation to the show).

Do you know where i can find the rule for the way to place these hounds in the rule book... I think is important for all (including myself) to have the best understanding of the rule...

Thanks,
Jack

Old Post 03-02-2008 02:00 PM
thornie
UKC Forum Member

You revert back to previous scores.

Old Post 03-02-2008 07:23 PM
thornie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thornie Click here to Send thornie a Private Message Click Here to Email thornie Find more posts by thornie Add thornie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xdawgbeagles
UKC Forum Member

1st
4th
4th
4th

Old Post 03-02-2008 09:56 PM
LARRY DEAN
Banned

I talked this situation over with Denny Dugan today at a hunt.
He said regardless of how many dogs are in a cast, when they are scratched they get (all) the lowest possible position. Also for all of those that believe that they should recieve no points, this is why they do. When a dog makes it to the final pack, they obviously achieved this by making it past the first round so they are all guaranteed atleast 4th place. Example dog a, b, and c, all get scratched, why should they get not championship points, when the 5th place dog does. What happens in the final pack is after the fact. Its a bonus round to place the top four. I know we all don't like to see this happen, but it does. Also if there is a two dog final, and one gets scratched, the scratched dog gets 4th place even though there was only two dogs competing, the lowest possible position is rewarded. Maybe Todd could put a different situation or question like this on the boards once a week to help all of us learn and understand the rules better. I think this was a good thing. We all learned something.

Lightning Strike Kennels

Old Post 03-03-2008 12:55 AM
Calvin Robyn Mings
UKC Forum Member

I believe it would be 1st 4th 4th 4th places.

If you have 3 cast and only one cast comes back in with plus points than that dog doesn't come have to go back out he automatically gets a 1st placement without having to go back out to hunt for 1 hour how do we know that dog wouldn't get scratched for off game or for not hunting in that one hour. Is that fair.
I think if you have a 2 dog final cast than the dog that got scratched. it wouldn't be fair to give them 4th place when all you have was 2 dogs and there would be a 1st and 2nd placements. wouldn't that dog get a 2nd placement and the dog that doesn't have to run in winners pack because there is only one dog that comes in with cast win that was going out gets 1st.
I may be wrong but that is how I see it never had the problem with only a 2 dog winners pack i am just asking a question.

Home of UKC Champions

Old Post 03-03-2008 01:44 AM
Calvin Robyn Mings is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Calvin Robyn Mings Click here to Send Calvin Robyn Mings a Private Message Click Here to Email Calvin Robyn Mings Find more posts by Calvin Robyn Mings Add Calvin Robyn Mings to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LARRY DEAN
Banned

I see some of these different points, and yes this does happen.
At the last few small club hunts in Ohio, last week, they had only 2 dog finals, and one had been scratched, and this question came up. I don't know all of the details on why or why not, but this is what I was told, and it was explained in pretty good detail.

Lightning Strike Kennels

Old Post 03-03-2008 01:52 AM