UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > All black Black & Tans
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rocket 88
UKC Forum Member

All black Black & Tans

I saw an ad for a pup last night and the puppy was almost all black with very little tan on him at all. No tan on the chest and no pumpkin seeds over the eyes. I tend to like a little tan on them myself and was surprised by this pups appearance. Is this common in Black & Tans now? It didn't use to be. I would imagine that the pup couldn't be shown. He wouldn't meet he standard as far as coloring. Comments?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-17-2018 03:03 PM
Rocket 88 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocket 88 Click here to Send Rocket 88 a Private Message Find more posts by Rocket 88 Add Rocket 88 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

Some would breed them coal black if they could. If this continues it will have to be addressed by the B&T Assoc. I personally don't like it. The breed standard calls for app. 15% tan color with pumpkin seed over the eyes. I do prefer the dark rich tan color though.

The plott breeders kept breeding their dogs darker until the Plott Assoc. put out the word to bench show judges that if the dog is so dark that you need a flash light or direct sun light to see the brindle color you are to notify them and they will pull their papers.

Old Post 02-17-2018 04:59 PM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

They are lots peoole that wants monkey faced dogs. People always wants something different. I dont care what they look like long as they are under a coon.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 02-17-2018 07:26 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skidiver
UKC Forum Member

Blk and Tans are just that. Black and Tan.... If a dog didn't have pumpkin seed eye brows and tan in the other right places I wouldn't even consider him in a bench show... If you don't like the Breed Standards go to another breed or cross-bred...

Old Post 02-18-2018 06:00 PM
skidiver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skidiver Click here to Send skidiver a Private Message Find more posts by skidiver Add skidiver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry B.
UKC Forum Member

I sometimes have a few pups in each litter that are very dark and have the solid black appearance. BUT IF YOU LOOK VERY CLOSE AND AT ONE INDIVIDUAL HAIR FOLICLE. You will see that it is just the tip that is black, so gives a covering of black over the tan areas, thus making them look very dark.
Now as for anyone who has examined one up that close that the hair folicle is solid black from tip to base and where the tan should be, thus making the hound solid black, then that's a whole nuther ball o wax.
Happy Tracks!

NITE CH GRCH. TIM'S HURRICANE CREEK DOZER HTX DNA-P (GrndSireBTTBCane)
NITE CH. LARRY'S HURRICANE HAWKGONE DNA-P (BTTB BlackHawk) 2018-2019 PERFORMANCE SIRE
CH. HURRICANE STORMIN LUCY LOU (Sire Ike) (Half Owner Jason & Joey of Hurricane Creek B&T Kennel II)
CH HURRICANE ATNITE BIG HOWLER (My 5th generation son!) (Sire Hurricane HawkGone) (GrandSire Dozer)
GR CH 3 IKE'S BLACK JOE (Sire- GrNiteChGrCh Cooper's Stormin Ike)
CH.HURRICANE CREEK ROGUE ONE (Sire Howler, Grand Sire HawkGone)
LARRY'S HURRICANE CREEK RAE (sire Howler, grand sire HawkGone)
BLACKBURNS BEE (Sire Blackburns Snuffy II)(Half Owner with Jon Kibler)
NEW HOUNDS IN THE KENNEL;
HURRICANE HARLEM'S HARLO (Sire Harlem)
HURRICANE KIBLER'S ANNIE (Sire 6 gun Albert)

Old Post 02-19-2018 06:32 PM
Larry B. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry B. Click here to Send Larry B. a Private Message Find more posts by Larry B. Add Larry B. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JOE H BROOKS
UKC Forum Member

Black

I 've got one that's all black, and i've got a male that's all black, but has pumkin seeds, i also like the monkey faced dogs. I've had a couple, of monkey faced dogs, that were, hard up on the wood tree dogs, in fact, i don't beleive any one had, any dog, of any breed, that treed harder than they did. And you know something, i have yet, to hear a dog bark, in the distance, and be able to tell you, if it was coal black, monkey faced or black&tan. As long as they stay treed, and have the coon, and are loud, i really don't care.

Old Post 02-23-2018 01:22 AM
JOE H BROOKS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JOE H BROOKS Click here to Send JOE H BROOKS a Private Message Find more posts by JOE H BROOKS Add JOE H BROOKS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote