UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Blueticks > BBOA .....BBCHA.....as ONE???
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

BBOA .....BBCHA.....as ONE???

I have hunted blueticks for the biggest part of 50 years, and plan to continue as long as I am able. I appreciate both bluetick organizations, and those who have worked hard so that we can, in an organized way, promote the breed we choose, and love.
I know this is a very controversial subject, and many will be quick to disagree with me, and that is perfectly ok.
I wish there was a way the two major organizations could merge, and become one. I fear that some, on both sides, consider the other side to be rivals, while both organizations should be about promoting the furtherance of the bluetick breed, and uniting those who hunt, show, breed, and own them.
Many would be concerned about the history of each organizations, and history is important, but even more important is our future. Anything, and I mean anything that does not reproduce dies............plain and simple. There are more of us older members than there are younger members, and in a few years many of us will be gone. The youth should be a BIG part of each organization today, and will be 100% of the organizations tomorrow. I don't think the need is for a new organization, but rather a uniting of the two that exists. When any organization goes into the "Maintenance Mode" it's just a matter of time before things start declining, and we may be headed in that direction right now. The surest way to grow anything is word of mouth.....and that is created through EXCITEMENT!!! It may never happen, but it could happen!!! It would not be easy, but could be accomplished by everyone putting their personal agendas aside, and moving forward for the sake of "Ole Blue." Fanciers of the bluetick hound should have the opportunity to promote their hound, regardless of which side of the Mississippi River they live on, and regardless of which side of the Mason-Dixon Line they live on. A united bluetick association could make that happen. I think the memberships would increase; you would see a phenomenal Blue Book, and I believe it would be easier to get people involved instead of a few, in each organization, having to do most (all) of the work. If this post provokes someone to think............it was worth sharing!!!
The only REASON I am making this post is because I believe we should be driven by our future, not our past.
..... Sincerely yours, for better blues!!!

Home of Mayberry Blueticks
Jhn. 3:30, "He must increase, but I must decrease."

Last edited by Craig Edwards on 01-19-2018 at 04:15 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-19-2018 03:48 AM
Craig Edwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig Edwards Click here to Send Craig Edwards a Private Message Visit Craig Edwards's homepage! Find more posts by Craig Edwards Add Craig Edwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

I've been a member of both associations for many years. BBOA was the first one I joined. Paul & Tim Vaughn introduced the association to me. I'm sure both sides, during the original split, had reasons. The associations have been like two rival high schools, 10 miles apart. Neither school wants to give up their mascot when the financial backing forces them to consolidate. Memberships in both associations have been up and down but generally declining. Bluebook ads have followed that trend. Major hunts have also followed that trend. How long will it be until finances force the merger? It's coming. Do members want to be pro-active and positive choosing to unite for a stronger association? The less desireable option is continue as is until one association completely sinks. Sadly, at that point, there is no merger. There's just one struggling association. The second issue in keeping two associations strong is leaders that have time, time away from family, resources and a strong desire to promote the bluetick hound. Thank you Mr Edwards for your comments.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 01-19-2018 07:07 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Look at Washington DC. NO BODY wants to do what would be better for the masses. I do agree with you 2

Old Post 01-19-2018 01:26 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

Right now, it cost 60.00 to join both associations, and 200.00 for full page ads in both bluebooks. This is not a big deal to some, but to some it is! IT forces bluetick fanciers to make a choice. Jesus talked about the power in being unified, and He also talked about the inevitable consequences of being divided. People are afraid of moving out of their comfort zones, for fear of failure. They are called "Comfort Zones" for a reason. I'm convinced the founders of both organizations were visionaries. They acted in the knowledge, and within the means that were available to them at that time. The world is constantly changing, and if we get so bedded down in our comfort zone, we are afraid to make changes, we get left behind.

Old Post 01-19-2018 01:55 PM
Craig Edwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig Edwards Click here to Send Craig Edwards a Private Message Visit Craig Edwards's homepage! Find more posts by Craig Edwards Add Craig Edwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

From the outside looking in.

This is my opinion and only mine so take it for what is worth. About 6 or 7 years ago I was a die hard black and tan guy and couldn't find what I was looking for in that color so I called a good friend and asked him to find me a nice young bluetick since he was a blue guy. Man did that change my future. I did not know the reason or the agendas behind having two associations and personally didn't care and really still don't. So I didn't have the history in the breed and the background that many of you do. What I have seen being the new guy on the block and attending both associations major events and both the major *kc's events is this. They are both backed by a great group of people that have made me feel like long lost family. I see these guys trying very hard with little recognition for their efforts. I have tried to help at any event I have been to for the simple reason I hunt blueticks . I am a coonhunter and want to make everyone feel like part of the family as they all did to me. These guys behind the scenes doing a lot of hard work and promotion of the associations and the breed.Imagine what they could do if they all worked together. The sky is the limit. It would ease the burden on a small few to where instead of having 5 or 6 guys doing it all on both sides now we have 10 or 12 really putting the best foot forward. Look at it from this point of view. If you have a high school football team and only have 8 players your options are very limited on what you can accomplish because the same guy that is the quarterback is now defensive end . In the long run they get tired and break down and only give 50%going each way because they are stretched to thin. If you have a full roster it's an easier load to carry. The officers on both sides do an outstanding job. My hat's off to all of you. If we came together as 1 I personally think it would produce a breed association that would be incredible. Seeing the type of work you all put in for the individual associations It would only be a positive move for both associations. Financially and for the common goal of bettering the bluetick breed and promoting its future ,this move only makes sense. Everyone working as one and having a few premier hunts a year that both are working to promote. Wow is all I can say. This would be great. So lets write down the history and tell the stories of how it used to be but leave that behind us and that there came a point of some great leaders that stepped up and united us all and forged a path to the future of bluetick coonhunters and breeders.

Old Post 01-19-2018 03:11 PM
morgan branch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for morgan branch Click here to Send morgan branch a Private Message Find more posts by morgan branch Add morgan branch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Surveyor
UKC Forum Member

I don't really know the history behind there being 2 organizations, but at this point in time I don't really see a big rivalry at least not between the people that actually attend the events. Most hard core Blueticker's I know belong to both organizations and attend events from both, primarily supporting those events that are somewhat close to home. I've never heard someone say something derogitory about someone else because they are part of one or the other and I don't know anybody that would drive right past a Bluetick event close to home just to attend one put on by a different Bluetick organization but farther down the road. Maybe it happens, but I have not seen it in the circle of people I know that actually attend the Bluetick events. I kind of agree it would be a simpler world if they were to merge, but lets face it, there is zero chance of that happening in the near future.

2 time world finalist, 10th overall and high scoring Bluetick of the 2010 UKC World Coonhound Championship
NASHOBA VALLEY PIAZON, (RIP)
his littermate brother
UKC NT CH SHEPPARDS NORTHERN
BLUE LONER (RIP)
UKC GR NT CH RATTLERS BLUE SKY (RIP)
UKC Gr NT CH, PKC Ch Sheppard's Northern Blue Abbie, (PiazonxSky) UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Sheppards Northern Blue Punkin (PiazonXAlice) High scoring Bluetick of the 2015 (50th anniversary) Grand American, 2017 National Grand Nite Champion of breed, 2017 BBOA zone 4 Nite hunt dog of the year. Queen of hunt on 2019 Grand National Bluetick Reunion, 5th place and High Scoring Bluetick of 2019 UKC world Nite hunt Championship, 2019 Triple Crown Winner.
UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Mckintosh's Blue Flame Chopper
Gr Nt Ch Sheppards Northern Blue Goomba (Piazon X Dizzie) 14th place 2017 UKC world coon hound championship 100 purina point cast wins in 2018
and several other blueticks of lesser accomplishments

Old Post 01-19-2018 03:25 PM
Surveyor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Surveyor Click here to Send Surveyor a Private Message Click Here to Email Surveyor Find more posts by Surveyor Add Surveyor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indiana1
UKC Forum Member

There are a lot of good points made on this post. I feel the same way as most of you. Can someone answer the question why it will not happen? I do not believe they both would not get what each wanted and I do not understand how it would not be better for the breed ? Thanks to all that have and are currently helping out. I would think we could get a lot more accomplished with one association. I for one would like to see more conversation on this through both associations and not become another post that goes nowhere.

(Uchtman’s blue Amos x Uchtman’s blue Magic)
NITECH Lynch’s LIL BLU MAC (Walston’s Big Country x Hatcreek Kate 2)

Old Post 01-19-2018 08:51 PM
indiana1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for indiana1 Click here to Send indiana1 a Private Message Find more posts by indiana1 Add indiana1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Creason
UKC Forum Member

I am not a member of either one, being new with blueticks, which one would you recommend if you only could join one?

Old Post 01-20-2018 07:27 PM
Creason is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Creason Click here to Send Creason a Private Message Find more posts by Creason Add Creason to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Creason
I am not a member of either one, being new with blueticks, which one would you recommend if you only could join one?
I don’t know which one is the most active in your area; talk to some bluetick people to find out. They are both good organizations. The BBOA president is not seeking re-election and he is a good man.

Old Post 01-20-2018 08:37 PM
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Creason
This post makes my point. If you own blueticks , you shouldn’t have to choose. The breed / owners would be better off if there was only one UNITED association. No one can give 100% to both. JMO

Old Post 01-20-2018 08:41 PM
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

I don’t see it as one being bigger, or better than the other. I see one being the biggest and best it can possibly be. In order for the breed to reach its FULLEST POTENTIAL, we must come together. Again this is my opinion. I appreciate what the officers do, but imagine the power that could be generated if these two, great rivers could come together as one!!!

Old Post 01-20-2018 08:52 PM
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Craig Edwards
I don’t know which one is the most active in your area; talk to some bluetick people to find out. They are both good organizations. The BBOA president is not seeking re-election and he is a good man.

I was referring to Darren Batterson. He's a good man. There's a lot of good people in both organizations.

Old Post 01-21-2018 08:14 PM
BlueLabelKennel
UKC Forum Member

Are you kidding me ?

If 1 organization ,was the best solution ,don't you think ,the men who dedicated their time ,money and expertise ,would have done this in the beginning ? If money is a big deal then pick the organization that you can afford ,that suits you best and go with it . Do you go to your home state and ask them to lower the rate on the turnpike ,because you want to take a trip and might not have enough money for gas if you pay the toll ,especially if you want to go 75 mph and know your vehicle will use more gas to get there quicker ? Or,do you want the state to remove the bridge that that's leads to the faster more costly road or remove the one that leads to the cheapest ,slowest and safest road ? The people who built both bridges did it for a reason : to have a CHOICE ,so you aren't monopolized or pressured .Each route has its advantages as well as its disadvantages . Take your choice of routes ,one or the other, if you cant do both ,nor want to do both. Don't burn one bridge and expect the other not to wash out, collapse or turn into a toll road .I belong to both BBOA & BBCHA ,but am concerned about the BBOA ,as I paid my dues for 2017 in November and just finally got my membership card last week . (jan.17,2018) One other point here , why aren't you guys including B.O.S.S. members (Blueticks of Southern States ) if you're wanting to be 1 big happy bluetick family ? leaving them out could be considered racist/discriminatory ,don't you think ?(since those dogs are U.K.C. registered ,too.) JMO

Old Post 01-22-2018 06:20 AM
BlueLabelKennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BlueLabelKennel Click here to Send BlueLabelKennel a Private Message Click Here to Email BlueLabelKennel Find more posts by BlueLabelKennel Add BlueLabelKennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Re: Are you kidding me ?

quote:
Originally posted by BlueLabelKennel
If 1 organization ,was the best solution ,don't you think ,the men who dedicated their time ,money and expertise ,would have done this in the beginning ? If money is a big deal then pick the organization that you can afford ,that suits you best and go with it . Do you go to your home state and ask them to lower the rate on the turnpike ,because you want to take a trip and might not have enough money for gas if you pay the toll ,especially if you want to go 75 mph and know your vehicle will use more gas to get there quicker ? Or,do you want the state to remove the bridge that that's leads to the faster more costly road or remove the one that leads to the cheapest ,slowest and safest road ? The people who built both bridges did it for a reason : to have a CHOICE ,so you aren't monopolized or pressured .Each route has its advantages as well as its disadvantages . Take your choice of routes ,one or the other, if you cant do both ,nor want to do both. Don't burn one bridge and expect the other not to wash out, collapse or turn into a toll road .I belong to both BBOA & BBCHA ,but am concerned about the BBOA ,as I paid my dues for 2017 in November and just finally got my membership card last week . (jan.17,2018) One other point here , why aren't you guys including B.O.S.S. members (Blueticks of Southern States ) if you're wanting to be 1 big happy bluetick family ? leaving them out could be considered racist/discriminatory ,don't you think ?(since those dogs are U.K.C. registered ,too.) JMO
i never liked paying tolls on toll roads and avoid them when i makes sense financially.

Old Post 01-22-2018 01:39 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BlueLabelKennel

I guess the idea of having one, united, strong association, is a little weird.

Old Post 01-22-2018 02:50 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BlueLabelKennel
[B]If 1 organization ,was the best solution ,don't you think ,the men who dedicated their time ,money and expertise ,would have done this in the beginning ? If money is a big deal then pick the organization that you can afford ,that suits you best and go with it .

The way I understand it, there was only one back years ago. Then a breakup that started the BBOA. It cost members more if they hunt their dog in both BBOA or BBCHA hunts. They need to be members in both. Hunt numbers have declined over 50% in the past 30 years. Adds in both blue books. Add numbers have been declining and the book cost increasing. I'm not sure on book cost but it is probably 20K to 30K if you count everything. That's with lots of volunteers helping out. It's a big job making sure the members are happy, hunts taken care of, book is taken care of, bi polar personalities kept in wraps, finances are documented, the list goes on. I believe the lack of money deal effects some members & both associations. I don't think either association is ready to give up. Craig, I guess we could get a poll started.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Last edited by blueticker on 01-22-2018 at 06:48 PM

Old Post 01-22-2018 06:45 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

If it does ever happen, uniting will have to begin with what everyone has in common, not the differences. It would take negotiating, and willingness to work with each other to achieve the greater good. It is extremely difficult to lay aside personal agendas, pride, and personal feelings for the sake of making what we have bigger and better, but I believe the results would make it a worth while venture. I will continue to support both organizations as much as I can, for as long as I can.

Old Post 01-23-2018 03:26 AM
byrd, lance
UKC Forum Member

Personally

I hope a merge is considered in the future. Lance

Team Mad Dog
Mad Dog South

Grnitech Mad Dog All Jazzed Up
(2010 BBOA Zone 6 championship Queen of Hunt and High scoring dog, 2010 Alabama State BBOA Championship Queen of Hunt and High scoring dog, 2010 South Carolina State BBOA Championship Queen of Hunt, Qualified 2011 WI governors cup)

Grnitech Grch Grwch Mad Dog Psyco Talk to em Toby (sire and dam both quad grands, Finished to nitech and BBCHA, BBOA high scoring blue male 2011 Autumn Oaks, 2012 and 2013 Bluetick Days King of Water, 2014 BBOA youth nationals King of Water and Champion male, 2014 Alabama Hall of fame hunt King of Water, 2014 Bluetick Days Blue Hunt 2nd runner up, 3 nite ch wins over 1000 points) owned with Robbie & Lisa Brooks

CH PR Mad Dog Big Casino (2013 Illinois BBOA King of hunt, high scoring dog, First place registered Friday and Saturday night, 2016 Zone 1 Blue frost memorial King of Show opposite sex, BMOS friday and Saturday, 2017 Reunion Ch male Thursday and Friday, 2017 AL State Championship King of show)

Other wins: 2009 Zone 6 Championship Queen of Hunt, 2009 Zone 6 Championship Grch male friday and saturday. 2009 Zone 6 Championship Grnitech Friday, 2012 Zone 6 Championship King of Show and hunt cast winner. 2013 Zone 6 championship champion female.

Old Post 01-24-2018 05:42 PM
byrd, lance is offline Click Here to See the Profile for byrd, lance Click here to Send byrd, lance a Private Message Click Here to Email byrd, lance Find more posts by byrd, lance Add byrd, lance to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Drummerblue2
UKC Forum Member

For what it's worth

I figur the strongest of the 2 will survive.

Old Post 01-24-2018 08:08 PM
Drummerblue2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Drummerblue2 Click here to Send Drummerblue2 a Private Message Find more posts by Drummerblue2 Add Drummerblue2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEST EVER
Banned

I too would love too see the two merge, it would be a great thing if they do, could just happen!

GRNTCHGRCH PR Super Blue Riptide
GRNITECH 'PR' Prairie Creek Blue Big Horn

Mark Robbins Home : 812-547-1358 cell 812-309-8290
Corey Robbins Cell : 812-608-1645 / Home 812-547-2775

Old Post 01-24-2018 10:43 PM
BEST EVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEST EVER Click here to Send BEST EVER a Private Message Find more posts by BEST EVER Add BEST EVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

I

Like both organizations. I seem to lean towards BBOA because of the UKC affiliation. Some years my BBCHA membership is not paid due to my own apathy. They both support our breed well and put on great events. I will continue to support both because of my love of the breed. If they would combine I would continue my support. In today's world with all the strife out there, we don't need more, we need less. Hunting these hounds is a passion. Help by putting some of that passion into the breed assoc. you feel most at kin with or both. The Books alone are well worth the cost of membership.

BTW... The guy who drove the big wedge between the two organizations has been dead a long time. Since he left earth a lot of friendship has grown between the two organizations, as it should. The old timers on here know of what I speak. and NO if you PM me I will not tell you his name. Let the guy RIP.

Old Post 01-27-2018 11:33 AM
Wayne Valentino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Valentino Click here to Send Wayne Valentino a Private Message Click Here to Email Wayne Valentino Find more posts by Wayne Valentino Add Wayne Valentino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

I don't understand how either organization can consider themselves to be successful, based on the amount of money they have in the bank, if everything else is on the decline: Blue Book ads, memberships, and most importantly, participation.

I don't know all of the answers; not sure of all the questions, but I do know insanity is doing things the same way, expecting different results.

If everything is on the decline, it will be a matter of time until the money begins to decline. Fund raisers can and will only take you so far; there needs to be a long term plan. When the money gets low, and eventually I'm afraid it will, the "die harders" will realize something needs to be done, and by that time it will probably be too late.

Everything I've said is based on my experience, and experience forms my opinion.

Last edited by Craig Edwards on 02-03-2018 at 02:41 AM

Old Post 01-30-2018 07:39 PM
BEST EVER
Banned

Thumbs up

Poll started

GRNTCHGRCH PR Super Blue Riptide
GRNITECH 'PR' Prairie Creek Blue Big Horn

Mark Robbins Home : 812-547-1358 cell 812-309-8290
Corey Robbins Cell : 812-608-1645 / Home 812-547-2775

Old Post 02-02-2018 12:06 PM
BEST EVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEST EVER Click here to Send BEST EVER a Private Message Find more posts by BEST EVER Add BEST EVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Digger10
UKC Forum Member

If you recall a couple of years ago BBOA had a ballot out where the members voted and passed a possible merger. I made the trip to BBCHA Fall round up but they were not interested in a merger. As far as I know their membership has never voted on a merger.
It is not hard to do but both sides must be willing to sit down and come up with new by-laws, or merge the by-laws by combining what both sides like, a new name as neither side would approve using one or the other. Both sides have tremendous history and all of that must be preserved. All it would take is a few people to sit down for a day and combine heads and has it out. We are willing to do that if the time comes.
Then the memberships from each would have to vote on approving the new name, by-laws and organization setups. Could you imagine the what the new book could be? More ads because people would not have to spend money for two different books. More members as a whole because wouldn't have to buy dual memberships. All Blue hunts ran under one banner united together.
It cannot be and never should be a takeover as I have heard some people saying just fold one or the other and the other one will take over. That is not a merger!
A merger is compromise on both sides and doing what is best for the membership as a whole.
Some day this may happen. When the memberships from both want it to happen and a vote is made for it to happen.
I will continue to do as our membership votes to do until I am no longer in office.
This is your organization and you are the people that makes it work so it is your decision.
I am personally in favor of it as I have belonged to both for many years.

Bluetick Female 2013 Autumn Oaks
Gr.Ch.Gr.Nt.Ch. Digger's Blue Mable
Gr.Ch.Gr.Nt.Ch. Digger's Blue Spot
Gr.Ch.Gr.Nt.Ch. Digger's Blue Sadie
Gr.Ch.Gr.Nt.Ch. Digger's Blue Miss Classy
Spot Sadie and Classy are all daughters of Mable

Old Post 02-11-2018 10:53 PM
Digger10 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Digger10 Click here to Send Digger10 a Private Message Find more posts by Digger10 Add Digger10 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for your comments Darren, and I totally agree. If the founders of each organization could sit down with nothing, and create what we have today, surely both sides could sit down with a strong following, money in the bank, and years of knowledge gained by trial and error, and create something better and stronger. I agree that there does not need to be a one-sided take over; that would not be good for either side, or for the cause. It should be a merging of the two, with both sides honoring their history, while embarking on the future... together. Both organizations need a shot in the arm (of excitement and enthusiasm), and creating something new would provide that. I believe a new name would be a must. Personally, I like the name, "United Bluetick Association." It is a strong name, with purpose, and could be used as a tool. There will be changes coming in the future, for both organizations, no matter what happens regarding a merger. Hopefully they will be for the good. You're a good man, and I wish you the very best in all of your endeavors.

I appreciate those who have, and still do, give their time to provide what we have today.

Last edited by Craig Edwards on 02-12-2018 at 11:28 PM

Old Post 02-12-2018 10:38 PM