UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > You can't be serious, are you???? LMAO
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BuckeyeBoys
UKC Forum Member

You can't be serious, are you???? LMAO

Why is it when some people post dog for sale,then they write no tire kickers, no questions, just send me thousands of dollars with no pictures or video's. I have been a salesmen for most my adult life. I depend on it for a living and have done so for over three decades. LET ME TELL YOU TIRE KICKING IS AND HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE PART OF SELLING ANYTHING! Do I like it ? NO. But it's part of selling anything. So if you don't want to answer question's, or you don't want to be bothered, don't post anything for sell. It's that simple.
As far as posting a dog for sell and not wanting tire kickers, I'm bypassing your ad.
1. I want to know what the dog looks like. Conformation means a lot to me.
2. I wan't to know what it sounds like. A good hound mouth is a must.
3. Hunting ability. { It better go hunting and not come back }
4. Is it a loaner or does it want to pack ?
5. Kennel manners. { Does it bark all day and stomp it's own **** }
6. Is it a babbler?
What suits me may or may not suit you so yes I'm going to ask questions. I found out the hard way if you don't ask if the dog has four legs there is a lot of people that won't tell you it's a tripod.
Finally I think by posting no tire kickers it makes you sound like you got something to hide, because without asking questions how would I know if I'm interested in the dog? JMO

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-17-2018 09:31 PM
BuckeyeBoys is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BuckeyeBoys Click here to Send BuckeyeBoys a Private Message Find more posts by BuckeyeBoys Add BuckeyeBoys to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

BuckeyeBoys

Well spoken, some of those ads leave me wondering what the heck are they thinking? They are the one wanting to sell, they should be glad someone is interested enough to ask questions.lol.Dave

Old Post 04-17-2018 11:09 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I understand both sides. I sell very few dogs, I think 3 in the last 10 years but I hate putting one online. Half the guys that call ask a few questions about my dog and then spend the next 30 minutes telling me every detail of every dog they have owned in the last 10 years. I think that is the reference to "tire kicker". But I agree, "no tire kickers" probably eliminates a high percentage of potential buyers right up front.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 04-17-2018 11:27 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lipperman22
UKC Forum Member

I hate the ones where they don’t describe the dog at all in the ad. They just post something like 3 year old male call for more details and don’t even put a price drives me insane. Not worth wasting the time calling

Old Post 04-18-2018 02:24 AM
Lipperman22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lipperman22 Click here to Send Lipperman22 a Private Message Click Here to Email Lipperman22 Find more posts by Lipperman22 Add Lipperman22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Greg Coots
UKC Forum Member

Amen to this post there is very few things that aggravates me more than trying to find out about a dog that someone posted and they act pissed off because you ask questions. If they don't want to describe the dog then don't advertise it is my opinion. I know you should try before you buy but their is some things that are deal breakers that I need to know before I even consider driving and waisting a night on. When I advertise a dog for sale I try to answer every question from everyone I send pics and videos i don't mind texts we have modern day technology for a reason why not use it.

Old Post 04-18-2018 03:10 AM
Greg Coots is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Greg Coots Click here to Send Greg Coots a Private Message Click Here to Email Greg Coots Find more posts by Greg Coots Add Greg Coots to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treedog69
UKC Forum Member

tires

I thought you were supposed to kick the tires before you drive it. lol how is anyone going to buy something without knowing all they can about it.does not even make sense ! I see that I don't waste my time reading it,then there's the guy that says message me I'll call you back, never had one call me back yet.if you ask me don't post it if u don't want all the response you can get..... nice post been wanting to post it myself...so thankyou

Old Post 04-18-2018 05:47 AM
treedog69 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treedog69 Click here to Send treedog69 a Private Message Find more posts by treedog69 Add treedog69 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lonesomedog1
UKC Forum Member

Very good post i agree 100%.

Old Post 04-18-2018 10:54 AM
lonesomedog1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lonesomedog1 Click here to Send lonesomedog1 a Private Message Find more posts by lonesomedog1 Add lonesomedog1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
z sinnwell
UKC Forum Member

It's usually because someone has tried to sell a dog in the past and has been burned by potential buyers. I rarely sell one but I recently sold 2 dogs and the first one I sold I had 10 phone calls, of those 10 calls the majority of them weren't even interested they just wanted to talk about coonhunting. I also had a friend that sold a dog recently and had a guy call him and tell him to hold onto her and he was leaving to be at his house at 8:00pm to hunt with her. 8:30 came around and he still had not showed up. Would not pick up his phone when my friend tried to call back, never texted or called my friend back. Never heard from the guy again.

I think any seller should be willing to show/describe their dog in detail to the potential buyer because it's the buyer that's spending the money. In the same breath the potential buyer should realize that the buyer is wanting to sell a dog and if the buyer is just looking for videos of dogs treed and is not really serious about purchasing- look on Youtube for videos of dogs treed.

Old Post 04-18-2018 02:22 PM
z sinnwell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for z sinnwell Click here to Send z sinnwell a Private Message Find more posts by z sinnwell Add z sinnwell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KevinP
Banned

It's because most call to just talk and bs. Start asking about a dog then they start talking about old Joe they had in 99. I don't care who has or had such n such. And if you don't like how people that's tired of stupid **** post their add, move on. It's simple. I'll write a add however I want, I'm not here to get anyone's approval or make a new buddy.

Old Post 04-18-2018 02:35 PM
KevinP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KevinP Click here to Send KevinP a Private Message Find more posts by KevinP Add KevinP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KevinP
Banned

And instead of asking , take your ass there and hunt the dog. The dog will answer all questions.lol

Old Post 04-18-2018 02:36 PM
KevinP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KevinP Click here to Send KevinP a Private Message Find more posts by KevinP Add KevinP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

KevinP

Why would one waste time (yours and theirs] trying a dog that won't suit the buyer if described accurately. If you can't describe the dog accurately or answer a potential buyers questions regarding the dog for sale, something is wrong! Dave

Old Post 04-18-2018 04:34 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crooked ridge
UKC Forum Member

I agree with a lot that has been said. When I read no tire kickers, it sounds like they are trying to force a sale, no questions asked. Also it bothers me that they don't put in their ad where they are located without me having to ask or spend more time looking at profile. And like the other reply said, if you don't know the dog personally or the person selling, by all means go try the dog by its self and with company of one of your of friends dog. The person posting no tire kickers don't want to waste their time, what about my time, it is important also.

Old Post 04-18-2018 04:36 PM
crooked ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crooked ridge Click here to Send crooked ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email crooked ridge Find more posts by crooked ridge Add crooked ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KevinP
Banned

Well Dave, you answer it. Because I've seen all types and heard all the stories and excuses. Also, why you always comment to what I say in a smartass way? Just cause people think differently than you don't mean they are wrong!

Old Post 04-18-2018 05:39 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Generally the hardest part of buying a dog is getting to you. That is where a lot of dog deals fall apart and why people try and put something in their description to help people think out the entire deal and not just kick the tires.

Most of us have seen that dog or pup from a pedigree we just have to have. Then we see the price and that works out also.
Then the location of the pup comes into play. But wait your are two thirds there and not really thinking about the time and effort and added expense to get the pup/dog. People commit to something they can't follow through on because the price and pedigree is right. Then stumble on the pick up agreement.

Putting your location on anything your trying to sell is a must.

Old Post 04-18-2018 06:42 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

Someone

Is getting a little fussy at the tree may need a little BUZZZZZZ.
Aint me I'm still kicking tires.

Old Post 04-18-2018 08:37 PM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

KevinP

How in the world did you get a smartass remark from what I posted? You seem to be the one with an attitude! I really don't care how anyone decides to sell a dog, however, an accurate description and answering a few questions about the dog should certainly eliminate the tire kickers from the serious buyers. You do it your way, if it works for you. Dave

Old Post 04-18-2018 08:53 PM
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

It’s nature of the beast with questions.

I do think people tend to talk more about their dogs than the dog being sold.

Bruce hit a major thing. Call like pedigree like the dog but distance is issue

Other is they got to sale their dog or they are calling for their buddy and they got to get the info to them.

Here is what I have learned in 25 years in sales that I feel holds true.

Buyers buy, information seekers are information seekers.

Buying or selling is an emotional move. One must have a feeling. Not a thought. Some think about buying but the ones that feel like buying buy.

But, when selling you must turn the idea of thinking about buying into the action of feeling like buying. There is an art in selling. The ones that understand that don’t mind the questions. The ones that don’t despise the information seekers.

It’s a numbers game. You got to talk to numbers to get the one.

Old Post 04-18-2018 08:57 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbpro56
UKC Forum Member

Re: KevinP

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
How in the world did you get a smartass remark from what I posted? You seem to be the one with an attitude! I really don't care how anyone decides to sell a dog, however, an accurate description and answering a few questions about the dog should certainly eliminate the tire kickers from the serious buyers. You do it your way, if it works for you. Dave

X2

Bruce Profitt

Old Post 04-19-2018 03:21 PM
dbpro56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbpro56 Click here to Send dbpro56 a Private Message Click Here to Email dbpro56 Find more posts by dbpro56 Add dbpro56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ItsOlMander
UKC Forum Member

i see both sides because if youre posting a dog for sale (or anything for that matter) there will be a couple people actually interested, a ton of people that are just toying with the idea and have no intention of actually buying and probably another ton of people that just want to talk about their dogs/hunting stories.and if youre buying... you will have so many out there that are misrepresenting just to make a sale.
there's maybe one person i could think of that i would buy a dog off without asking a million questions about the dog... the rest i would have to hunt with first... but traveling to see a dog is pricey, and spare money isnt easy to come by, so youre crazy if you dont ask a million questions before you make the trip... youd be surprised at how often people trip themselves up when you ask a few questions about a dog theyre trying to lie about to get sold...

- In Loving Memory of -
DEEP SPRINGS BLACK MAX
&
LEVIS SOUTHERN BLUE DOC

Old Post 04-19-2018 04:24 PM
ItsOlMander is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ItsOlMander Click here to Send ItsOlMander a Private Message Find more posts by ItsOlMander Add ItsOlMander to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crooked ridge
UKC Forum Member

Good reply

I see both sides because if youre posting a dog for sale (or anything for that matter) there will be a couple people actually interested, a ton of people that are just toying with the idea and have no intention of actually buying and probably another ton of people that just want to talk about their dogs/hunting stories.and if youre buying... you will have so many out there that are misrepresenting just to make a sale.
there's maybe one person i could think of that i would buy a dog off without asking a million questions about the dog... the rest i would have to hunt with first... but traveling to see a dog is pricey, and spare money isnt easy to come by, so youre crazy if you dont ask a million questions before you make the trip... youd be surprised at how often people trip themselves up when you ask a few questions about a dog theyre trying to lie about to get sold..

That was a very good response Amanda.

Old Post 04-19-2018 05:09 PM
crooked ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crooked ridge Click here to Send crooked ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email crooked ridge Find more posts by crooked ridge Add crooked ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KevinP
Banned

I never said no to answering questions. It's the ones that call and call and call then can't make it till Sunday but I'll be there for sure and you never hear anything again. That's a tire kicker. And so I do it the ******* way now, and if nobody likes it or me to bad.

Old Post 04-19-2018 06:22 PM
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

I agree with Bruce. The location is the first thing I consider after I see something I'm interested in. Unless it's a 5 yr old world champion for free, location is the deal maker/breaker. And for you guys that don't like talking to folks who just want to talk, shame on you. You should be more gracious to all those lonely people who are so desperate to talk to someone that they call you, a total stranger, just to talk. If you don't want to talk, put your wife on. If she's anything like my wife, she can't talk enough.

Old Post 04-19-2018 06:31 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Guys that post that are just telling you not to call them unless you are serious. If your just looking through the classifieds seeing what type of stuff is for sale and prices then don't call. If you have money in hand and are ready to buy then give them a call and they will answer your questions.

The flip side to that is if you are selling and don't want to answer a thousand questions then put more on the add. Price, location, pedigree dogs ups and downs. That will head off a lot of phone calls. Instead they list dog for sale with nothing else. Then they get a call and the caller doesn't like what they here. The seller automatically assumes they dont want to buy a dog when in fact, after they learn a little they just dont want to buy your dog.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 04-19-2018 06:47 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris.S
UKC Forum Member

I have one for sale right now, I haven't posted him on any boards simply because I dont' want to deal with all the hassle that comes with selling a dog. Maybe I should use this as my add.

7 year old walker Male for sale $1,500. Dead loaner that can tree any type of coon (hot, cold or layup). Excellent pup trainer. Not mean, not junky, not a treeing idiot

NO I don't want to hear about what you owned 15yrs ago.
NO I won't meet you half way (he's here if you want him come get him)
Yes I'll take you hunting with him
NO you can't take him home on trial
NO I wont take ANYTHING in on trade
Yes he can win a cast, $KC and $HKC WH semi-finalist 2 out of 3 WHs. Prohunt semi-finals in only Pro Hunt entered.

Last edited by Chris.S on 04-19-2018 at 08:43 PM

Old Post 04-19-2018 08:34 PM
Chris.S is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris.S Click here to Send Chris.S a Private Message Click Here to Email Chris.S Find more posts by Chris.S Add Chris.S to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KevinP
Banned

Is he performances? What's his pedigree? Can you meet me half way Sunday evening? Ever been bred? Why you getting rid of him? Does he swim deep water or skirt around? What's bottom dollar? Can he still win? Are you sure? How's he around kids and does he bark if he sees a stranger? I'll get him Sunday for 1200, that's all I have, so I'll see you then for sure unless wife says no. Ok? Please hold him.

Old Post 04-19-2018 09:29 PM